Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I was really turned off by the little things in Cyberpunk … like walking up to npcs that would appear and disappear depending on how close you got to them. Just completely broke the experience for me. And that was after it was supposedly fixed for next gen. Just such a disappointing experience. But maybe I just need to get over it and give it another try.
The game still has a lot of stuff like that. In addition to the free-floating items (though to be fair the floating cigarette could have been being smoked by a cyberghost) there's lots of weird animation stuff like people leaning on railings that aren't actually there or missions being held up because a character decides to stand still for 30 seconds instead of going where they're supposed to go.

Speaking of people standing still, I've had two encounters so far that felt like they were supposed to be proper boss fights. During the first fight I was running away from the enemy because they seemed really strong but then they decided to just stop and stand still so I could shoot them in the head until they were dead. What's really neat is that the exact same thing happened in the second boss fight, except this time they snapped out of it when I got them to 50% health so I did have to put some effort into that one.

On a more subjective note, the Johnny Silverhand character sucks.

Supposedly Silverhand is basically absent from the upcoming DLC so you'll have that going for you. Also, they flesh out some of oddly unfinished Pacifica.

Yeah … I haven’t sold my copy (bought day one … full price … unopened until the next gen patch came out 😒), but I worry because there are some games where you can see that it’s going to be good eventually, once all the bugs are worked out, because it has solid mechanics and good design.

With Cyberpunk … I don’t know if I see that solid foundation to build from. It just seems like so much content was cut and the vision in the trailer is so far from what we got … it’s almost like you’d need Cyberpunk 2 to deliver on what CD Project Red promised. And that will never happen unless they somehow win back support through DLC and patches for the first game. So it’s seems a bit chicken and eggish at this point. Hopefully the dlc is at least free, even for the major stuff … because I would hesitate to spend more money on something so mediocre.

I actually enyoed Cyberpunk.  I went in blind other than knowing the basic premise.  It wasn't ground breaking and the fact that the police force didn't chase after you was odd.  I played day 1 (yes paid full price which in hindsight was poor decision making), but I did not experience any of the bugs and glitches that have been discussed since it was released.  I considered myself lucky (played on PS5).

Maybe, one day, it will be good for the masses as mentioned about with No Man's Sky, but here's the thing.  As improved as NMS might be now I have yet to go back and play it becuase I have moved on similar to how I have moved on from Cyberpunk.  I think its great that developers go back to their games and fix it or add content (like Horizon Forbidden West just added New Game+), but once I beat a game I don't go back to play again (other than Borderlands 2).

Despite its issues Cyberpunk has grown on me. It took some effort to finally get absorbed into the game, and for most my playthrough I intended to just power through the main story stuff. But I have now reached the "point of no return" mission and I find myself going around and wrapping up all the sidequests. And unlike the cookie-cutter open world bloat in Ubisoft/Sony open world games, I'm actually enjoying the missions.

So yeah, I don't necessarily think it's a good thing if a game takes 10 hours of gameplay before I start to feel some genuine interest in what I'm doing, and a further 10-15 hours before I feel like I'm truly having fun, but hey, it got there eventually.

On a side note it's a really strange experience for me to play this game and suddenly hear a good buddy's voice screaming out of the car radio. His band has a song in the game on the Morro Rock station and it always makes me laugh when it comes on. Most of the music in the game is shit but (ironically) their song is pretty good! Here's the track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKNy7IEOxQM&list=RDOKNy7IEOxQM&start_radio=1

I actually enyoed Cyberpunk. I went in blind other than knowing the basic premise.
Same. Didn't follow any of the hype, just got it for a good price on CDKeys ($25? - before the hype-wave really took off) and figured CDPR would probably make a decent game. Played it Day One and enjoyed it. Some non-game breaking bugs but I guess my PC was buff enough to power through performance issues. Wasn't perfect, of course, disliked some choices and saw some weirdly unfinished stuff but overall looked forward to playing in the morning and left it on a high note. Decided I'd wait for DLC before returning since I didn't want to burn myself out on it by trying to complete every little map point.

With EGS still giving out free crap, are they either just training their "audience" to wait for whatever game they might want to be free or just a sign that they still cannot retain a significant customer base?

With EGS still giving out free crap, are they either just training their "audience" to wait for whatever game they might want to be free or just a sign that they still cannot retain a significant customer base?
Just "joined" EGS and got Terraforming Mars, Jotun, Prey, BL3, Bioshock Collection, Wolfenstein NWO, Maneater....I do not intend to buy anythign from Epic but they can keep giving me free games. I mean why noy?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1534935603275513857?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1534935603275513857%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cheapassgamer.com%2Ftopic%2F371393-xbl-deals-dwg-assassins-creed-watch-dogs-more-golden-week-star-wars-gwg-truck-racing-champ-armello-lego-batman%2Fpage-1652

Last edited by a moderator:
Japaaahn!

SlowPleasedAmericancurl-size_restricted.gif

Eendeeah!

I spiral way too easy.  Been loving tinkering with my pc build.... and now I want to upgrade from my 27 1440 144hz monitor to one with hdr  :dunce: , maybe 32"... without destroying the bank  :joystick:

cheapest option I see is G32QC Gigabyte at bestbuy for 280.  Seems to get decent reviews vs something way more expensive like the Odyssey G7.  Also seems like more options if I stick with 27...  hmm  choices.....

currently using a curved and will probably go with another, mine is only1800..not 1500 or 1000 like these newer ones that I need to look at in a store.

Steam Fest next week too. Prepare for a lot of demo opinions. There are few new ones from Summerfest, so I may give some impressions of those early.

Dying Light's support has ended. They've released the "definitive edition" due to that, and if you own the platinum edition you get the definitive edition for free. Eneba and Gamivo have platinum for about $5. I got it from Eneba with the 10% off code (n0bxmAKS)

I figure most people have the base game by now, but there's a shit ton of DLC so $5 isn't a bad deal

Anybody shed some light on if it's a good or bad idea to go from a 27 to a 32 monitor if it's still just 1440? Read somewhere the dpi will make 32 look worse and not as crisp unless I sprinng for 4k. I like the idea of a size increase, but not if it's gonna look blurry.

Anybody shed some light on if it's a good or bad idea to go from a 27 to a 32 monitor if it's still just 1440? Read somewhere the dpi will make 32 look worse and not as crisp unless I sprinng for 4k. I like the idea of a size increase, but not if it's gonna look blurry.
32" at 1440p looks decent. 1080p is what you especially want to avoid - your fonts will look like they're made from lego blocks. Fuzziness isn't really the issue.

But my opinion is that the move is mostly a side-grade unless the 32" is also an ultrawide and you have specific games or productivity tasks that would take advantage of 3440x1440. I'd really recommend directing the coin for actual, substantial upgrades whether that's now or down the road.

32" at 1440p looks decent. 1080p is what you especially want to avoid - your fonts will look like they're made from lego blocks. Fuzziness isn't really the issue.

But my opinion is that the move is mostly a side-grade unless the 32" is also an ultrawide and you have specific games or productivity tasks that would take advantage of 3440x1440. I'd really recommend directing the coin for actual, substantial upgrades whether that's now or down the road.
Thanks.

My main upgrade I want is hdr, but probably can't push 4k hdr with my setup and still have high fps, so maybe I just need to find a good sale on a 27 with hdr.

Are you waiting for remakes you have already played?

are you afraid to buy games never heard of?

Broke?

Try these free Steam keys!  (i kept Tokyo Xanadu EX)

Tomb Raider: Legend (i see the irony here)

JYLK3-EHN3B-DERE9

In Between (platformer?)

L2PR3-BKC60-T4WWL

Pilot Brothers 2 (owned)

T5GQK-A6KX7-97NAE

Driftland: The Magic Revival (owned)

ZP6L2-6XPLT-P7JTX

The Great Perhaps (owned)

X2MI9-56YWA-Z2HT7

Journey of a Roach (point and click)

RBBFW-DP39Y-JXRNG

Learn Japanese to survive Hiragana Battle (huh what?)

37I4R-QYXVV-MH56B

Just an FYI for anyone else who picked up a cheap pre-order: The Quarry is requiring the 2K Launcher for the Steam version. Luckily this can be bypassed by pasting this into launch options:

"X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\The Quarry\TheQuarry.exe" %command%
X = Game directory drive letter

Just tested it out and it works perfectly.

g2a is  a marketplace of 3rd party sellers and I've heard a number of people have problems with them like getting keys revoked down the line.  I've personally avoided them but by reputation it's one of the worst sources for gray market keys.

I've seen that previously-bundled key for sale from other cags in the following thread - that may be a better alternative.
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/327125-steamorigin-etc-buyselltrade-thread-read-the-op-one-post-every-three-days/page-2094

I've never been a fan of the grey market sites but I'm sure people have success with it.  IMO, it's worth the extra buck or whatever to get it from a legit source.  Keep in mind the Steam Summer Sale is probably going to start within a month and you might find it for a comparable price.

I’ve had better luck with CDKeys, turnip boy is $1.89 right now … on the semi-shady sites, I go 1.cd keys, 2. Eneba, and then everything else … but I’ve had the least issues with CDKeys personally.

IMO to save a couple of extra bucks is not worth the hassle...i know the name of this site, but still there is a line of proper decorum to support  :bouncy:  :bouncy:

I’ve had better luck with CDKeys, turnip boy is $1.89 right now … on the semi-shady sites, I go 1.cd keys, 2. Eneba, and then everything else … but I’ve had the least issues with CDKeys personally.
So CDKeys is legit? They have brand new $70 games for $42.

Resident Evil 2: Remake.

PC Requirements will be changing & going up for RE2 Remake, once the new update drops:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/883710/view/3344499520730262230

An upgrade patch will be releasing soon and system requirements will also be updated.

【Update on system requirements】
The system requirements will change with the arrival of the upgrade patch. The new minimum requirements are listed below alongside the previous specifications no longer supported under this upgrade patch.

Minimum requirements:
■OS
Before:WINDOWS® 7, 8.1, 10 (64-BIT Required)
After:WINDOWS® 10 (64-BIT Required)

■DirectX
Before:Version 11
After:Version 12

■Graphics
Before:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GeForce GTX 760
or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x
After:
NVIDIA® GeForce® GeForce GTX 960
or AMD Radeon™ RX 460

There is no way anyone can tell you it's 100% legit. Most people have no issues but there are no guarantees from sites like that. Although, funny enough, I guess there are because some charge extra for 'insurance.'

Agreed, it’s a bit of rolling the dice, but I’ve never personally had issues, as long as you pay attention to what region you’re buying for. They’re more legit than sites that will steal your payment information and hack you … but I’d still pay with something like PayPal to add a bit of protection vs using a credit card, just my two cents.

I'm sure CDKeys gets their keys out of the back of a van driven by chainsmokers in tracksuits but they let me use Paypal and don't say that I need to pay extra to "insure" I get a working key for the right game so they're way better than G2A.

I can maybe understand buying from those gray market sites if it's a big AAA game and you don't care about the livelihood of a big corporation

But I've heard that developers would literally rather you pirate the game than buy from those gray market sites, since they can really get screwed over if the keys were originally bought with a stolen credit card for example. So for a smaller indie studio like in the case of Turnip Boy, why not just pay a few extra dollars and get it from a legit key seller, like greenmangaming for $6?

Dying Light's support has ended. They've released the "definitive edition" due to that, and if you own the platinum edition you get the definitive edition for free. Eneba and Gamivo have platinum for about $5. I got it from Eneba with the 10% off code (n0bxmAKS)

I figure most people have the base game by now, but there's a shit ton of DLC so $5 isn't a bad deal
The code expired, but still managed to get the whole thing for $5.72. Appreciate the heads up as I've had this one on my wishlist forever.

I'd also back the rec for cdkeys as they have always been reliable in the past. Eneba I wouldn't know since I can't get their verification crap to work 99% of the time. But the sole time I did they had a good deal on eshop credit that worked.

bread's done
Back