Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Going to give impressions of 3 new roguelite games I've played.

First is one I find pretty average Across the Obelisk. This one actually can be co-oped, but it's so average I really doubt you'll go crazy for it. Your team consists of 4 party members and they all have their own deck with a minimum amount of cards and can upgrade and use them with a certain amount of energy per turn. You can save energy between turns. This one has decent graphics, a better than some story, but feels clunky and a combination of many other of these games. The deck feels like Vault of the Void (the rogue-lite similar to Hearthstone and better than this), the gameplay like a worse Slay the Spire and it just doesn't feel as good as many other games. I didn't hate it, and got a discount at least, but I played too long, so I can't refund. I'll play it now and then, but the difficulty is very hard, and the gameplay isn't as good. Recommended only bundled, but it's not horrible. 6.5/10

A weird dice rolling one I like a decent amount is Circadian Dice. This one has a lot of different classes and they start with a set of dice with their mechanic on it, such as chains (more chains equals higher multipliers) for ninjas. This has a very similar feel to Card Quest (great game) and has you selecting artifacts you unlock that work with the character. They do all feel different and the mechanics appear on dice from the shop even for all classes. It's fun, super random and also very hard and calculated. There are no critical hits, and you'll know exactly how much will be done. The game overall feels a bit less polished, but it's not buggy and plays well. It is very, very dry though and you'll have to be crazy into it for the mechanics. Once you complete the game fully you can do quest mode which has you going 1 level to the next unlocking artifacts on the way. It's addictive and extremely hard. Recommend on sale or bundled and is quite unique compared to others. 7.5/10

Lastly we have the likely least budget of the titles Monmusu Gladiator. It's a combination of deck building and Monster Rancher. This one is quite rough especially in the graphics and fighting gameplay department. You use generally 1 time use cards to raise various stats and their is coliseums where you face other monsters turn based kind of ATB system, similar to Monster Rancher. This UI is atrocious here and everything looks bland. It also uses a lot of the generic card deck building art (also used in Monster Slayers), but doesn't look as good here. Overall it could be OK, but I just found this way more repetitive than anything. Not a great game, but wasn't broken at least. Refunded and not recommended. 6/10 

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Across the Obelisk during the Steam summer sale and lasted 30 minutes before refunding. Shame as it looks good but it just didn't grab me. Gordian Quest is similar and I kept that after a game or two a couple of years ago and probably should have refunded that too. I'll keep an eye out for Vault of the Void deals, as I'd forgotten about that game.

I bought Across the Obelisk during the Steam summer sale and lasted 30 minutes before refunding. Shame as it looks good but it just didn't grab me. Gordian Quest is similar and I kept that after a game or two a couple of years ago and probably should have refunded that too. I'll keep an eye out for Vault of the Void deals, as I'd forgotten about that game.
I liked Gordian Quest (haven't played the fully released version yet) and should play that and give my impressions of the release. Vault of the Void I beat quite easily (the combos are ridiculous). I don't love it either, but it was better than what I was playing and had a similar deck building to the game. It is similar to Roguebook as well, but that encourages more cards to get bonuses. Across the Obelisk is so derivative of everything, I'm sad I didn't refund it.

GreenManGaming:

Since this game's going to be going away soon & get delisted b/c of car & track license expirations (October 3rd)...

Project Cars 2: Deluxe Edition -> Steam key = $6.34 

- Includes Project Cars 2: Base-Game...

- And also includes Season Pass, Season Pass Bonus DLC, and almost all of the other DLC's.

- Japanese Cars Bonus Pack DLC is NOT in here & is the only DLC missing from this package.

- This is all one Steam key.

As a Gold Member, used a 5% off coupon and got it for $6.02.

There are some price errors on the square enix store right now, including steam keys. I imagine those have a better chance of being fulfilled than stuff like the physical Avengers CE for $15.
https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/648324/marvel-s-guardians-of-the-galaxy-digital-deluxe-edition-steam
Saw it mentioned elsewhere that everything that's dirt cheap is from developers/IPs that Square Enix sold off to Embracer, so maybe they're just unloading what they have left now that the sale has officially gone through? Either way, Deus Ex and Tomb Raider games are also marked way down. Mankind Divided Digital Deluxe is $4.50, Rise of the Tomb Raider is $3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider is $4.

Guardians and Avengers (all editions for Steam) look to be out or have been pulled. :(

Guardians is awesome; played that on PC Game Pass.

EDIT:

I think the standard edition ($6) is still there. That's what I ended up buying when I saw the deluxe just had worthless early-unlock costumes.
That (Guardians: Standard) is now out too. :(

EDIT 2:

Legacy of Kain games are dirt-cheap too; each are like 70 cents a piece.

TR: AoD, Anniversary, Legend, and Underworld are 70 cents each also.

Thief: Complete Collection is $4:

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/293985/thief-collection-steam

This collection contains all of the following games and DLC content:

Thief 2014 (a.k.a Thief 4 / Thief Reboot) content:

• Thief [base-game]
  • Thief: The Bank Heist [DLC]
  • Thief DLC: The Forsaken - Challenge Map
  • Thief DLC: Booster Pack - Opportunist
  • Thief DLC: Booster Pack - Predator
  • Thief DLC: Booster Pack - Ghost
Classic Thief games:

• Thief: Gold (a.k.a. Thief 1: The Dark Project - Gold Edition from 1998)
  • Thief II: The Metal Age
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows (a.k.a. Thief III)

Is it just me or is getting the Squeenix website to display all the games kind of wonky?  Can someone give me the links to the Legacy of Kain and older TR games?

Looks like Fanatical got some TR games on sale w/ Steam keys too:

All TR games on Fanatical [Steam key].

- TR4: The Last Revelation [Steam] = 90 cents

- TR5: Chronicles [Steam] = 90 cents.

For people looking for TR 1-5 and are okay w/ GOG, GOG has those (and most of the others up to TR 2013) on sale too.

GOG Sale for TR 1-5:

- TR 1+2+3 Bundle [GOG version] = $1.99

- TR 4: Revelations & TR5: Chronicles Bundle [GOG versions] = $1.39

EDIT:

All the old TR's are really old & don't play (i.e. most lack mosue support out the box and have tank controls) like even TR Legend/Anniversary/Underworld (improved controls in those immensely with mouse-look support), nevermind TR 2013 and newer ones (TR 2013/Rise/Shadow) play even better in the controls department, especially in combat). So, you might wanna check PC Gaming Wiki, GOG Forums, and/or Steam Guides for mods on them. Unofficial Patches w/ more content (some of this stuff is missing out-the-box), mod improvements, and Engine Ports do exist for these classics.

Midnight Fight Express (also on Game Pass) is pretty damn great. Arkham-style, isometric beat 'em up. 40 levels that take maybe 3-7 minutes each to play through. Combat has a real nice flow that gets progressively better as you earn more skill upgrades. Strong Hotline-esque soundtrack. Lots of character customization. There are a handful of difficulty spikes when they introduce some tanky enemies but for the most part the game is well-balanced. Constant narrative interruptions disrupt the flow but you can disable all dialogue in the settings (I was happier having done so).

Mafia (original, not the remake) will be free on steam from September 1-5.

https://twitter.com/2K/status/1564266634898018304?t=u0S8hDKXyYYpGsjoRaQthQ&s=19

Mafia (original, not the remake) will be free on steam from September 1-5.
Awesome news. That game's a classic.

mafia-mafia-the-city-of-lost-heaven.gif

Had 1Gb fiber installed today.

My need for having games predownloaded "just in case" and the requisite large storage to support them has greatly diminished. 

You probably have Gigablast, not fiber. Fiber is also great for remote play away from home, running media servers so you can watch stuff without Netflix etc.

I have fiber. It was just installed in our neighborhood this summer. They still have to bury the line going to my house. 

Went from roughly 380/12 (400 Spectrum) to 1018/1020 (1000 AT&T) directly from their respective modems via ookla.

And I asked in advance if there were any soft/hard data caps and was told "no" and I could download as much as I want without throttling or restrictions. 

And I asked in advance if there were any soft/hard data caps and was told "no" and I could download as much as I want without throttling or restrictions.
I've had fiber for a few years (I think like 7 years) now via Google and in the program to configure it there's no options to even track how much data I use. I feel I use a lot. I would be curious to know how much.

My only complaint is that they got rid of the actual cable TV so I had yo pick up a live streaming service. It's way cheaper nut I'm still missing channels.

Yea, I said that because I'm not aware of any fiber internet with data caps. I used to have AT&T fiber and got like 750-800 down, 950 up. But then I moved, and this place is supposed to get fiber, but hasn't gotten it cause COVID slowed installation down.

I've had fiber for a few years (I think like 7 years) now via Google and in the program to configure it there's no options to even track how much data I use. I feel I use a lot. I would be curious to know how much.
My router tracks that info, fwiw.

My only complaint is that they got rid of the actual cable TV so I had yo pick up a live streaming service. It's way cheaper nut I'm still missing channels.
You can only track your usage if you use your own hardware. I switched to youtube tv when google cable went away since it was the best with local stuff personally.

Wine making simulator? Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for freebies Epic.
Funny, I'm infinitely more interested in the wine making simulator than "Realm Royale Reforged Epic Launch Bundle".

Actually, I'm more inclined to download and try out the wine making simulator than most Epic freebies.

You can only track your usage if you use your own hardware. I switched to youtube tv when google cable went away since it was the best with local stuff personally.
I just use what they gave me. I don't do a lot of MP gaming (and when I do it's rarely competitive) so their stuff, even if it's not top of the line, is good enough.

We also went with YouTube TV. I miss not having Bally Sports (Royals and Blues games) but besides that it's really solid. I like the DVR and they don't care how much you record. I can still go back and watch every game in the NHL playoffs. Only part that sucks is they auto delete recording after 9 months and there's no way to keep something forever. (Also no history channel.)

I did try Bally Sports' streaming app since we're in a beta area but... well. It's not even ready for beta testing.

Playing around with random games on my new ultrawide monitor.

Does anybody know if AC Black Flag supports 3440x1440?   Thought about picking it up cheap to replay in the wide format. (played on ps4 at launch)

Playing around with random games on my new ultrawide monitor.

Does anybody know if AC Black Flag supports 3440x1440? Thought about picking it up cheap to replay in the wide format. (played on ps4 at launch)
Never tried it, as I don't have any Ultra-Wide monitors.

Always check PC Gaming Wiki, Steam Guides, UbiSoft Forums, and whatnot online for info.

As usual, use these mods/exe files/etc at your own risk.

Reddit info on AC4 BF Ultra-wide and issues - https://www.reddit.com/r/widescreengamingforum/comments/k6x75g/assassins_creed_black_flag_super_ultra_wide_329/

PC Gaming Wiki Page - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_IV:_Black_Flag

AC4: BF Ultra-Wide Hack (mod) - https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1419-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-ultrawide-and-multimon-hack/

There's a Guide on Steam for AC4: BF, but it's in Russian. Might need a translation page or engine or something:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2461074995&searchtext=ultrawide

Not sure if DGVoodoo2 supports it - but if there's another API-thing that could possibly stretch or mod from one resolution to another, could always try that as a last resort.

Never tried it, as I don't have any Ultra-Wide monitors.

Always check PC Gaming Wiki, Steam Guides, UbiSoft Forums, and whatnot online for info.

As usual, use these mods/exe files/etc at your own risk.

Reddit info on AC4 BF Ultra-wide and issues - https://www.reddit.com/r/widescreengamingforum/comments/k6x75g/assassins_creed_black_flag_super_ultra_wide_329/

PC Gaming Wiki Page - https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_IV:_Black_Flag

AC4: BF Ultra-Wide Hack (mod) - https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/1419-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag-ultrawide-and-multimon-hack/

There's a Guide on Steam for AC4: BF, but it's in Russian. Might need a translation page or engine or something:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2461074995&searchtext=ultrawide

Not sure if DGVoodoo2 supports it - but if there's another API-thing that could possibly stretch or mod from one resolution to another, could always try that as a last resort.
Thanks, I'd been looking on forums and seen hacks, but was curious if it had official support. So I don't screw up my new pc ;)

Bioshock: The Collection on Steam version - Problems w/ Steam Deck since 2K Launcher got added.

- Recently...Bioshock 1 Remastered, Bioshock 2 Remastered & Bioshock: Infinite got updated.

- Aug. 31st update added the 2K Launcher to Steam-versions.

- This has caused issues w/ Steam Deck; especially on systems with any LinuxOS's.

- There are work-arounds on Steam Deck/Linux to get around the Launcher, see Sources section below.

Sources: 
Gaming on Linux - https://www.gamingonlinux.com/2022/09/various-bioshock-games-get-a-2k-launcher-calling-it-a-quality-of-life-update/
RockPaperShotgun on this - https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/bioshock-games-quality-of-life-updates-actually-break-them-on-the-steam-deck
The Gamer - https://www.thegamer.com/bioshock-infinite-steam-update-launcher/

bread's done
Back