Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Dear CAG hoop god,

Would you recommend it to a non-basketball fan? Does it hold any appeal for novices like me? I'm willing to give any sport game a try, particularly if it's well done, and NBA is very tempting.

Sincerely,

Flow
What I remember about my experience with 2013:

There were 50 bazillion button combos to remember and my brain/finger connection couldn't handle anything past 3.

The announcers razzed my players because they were so horrible. And believe me they were. None of them could make a basket or throw a decent pass.

[quote name="Neuro5i5" post="12740452" timestamp="1434134643"]Coutesy of Tomasety...

e3_2015_times.png
[/quote]
I'm on my phone and I can't read the schedule, can you tell me what time the "whole fried-chicken eating" contest is and who is challenging GabeN for the title?

Man, I wish This War of Mine was a little cheaper. Is there anyone out there willing to convince me to buy it at 60% off?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Mooby" post="12740775" timestamp="1434144920"]Wonder if idle master works on the monster game 'cuz I haven't gotten any cards with the thing sitting open all day.[/quote]
Get both hands off your Watch_Dong and one hand on the clicky-clicky thing.

Dear CAG hoop god,

Would you recommend it to a non-basketball fan? Does it hold any appeal for novices like me? I'm willing to give any sport game a try, particularly if it's well done, and NBA is very tempting.

Sincerely,

Flow
What I remember about my experience with 2013:

There were 50 bazillion button combos to remember and my brain/finger connection couldn't handle anything past 3.

The announcers razzed my players because they were so horrible. And believe me they were. None of them could make a basket or throw a decent pass.
15 is slightly more complicated than previous years, and i'm pretty sure there isn't a "basic control tutorial" like there has been in the past. I think the button combo count is up to 52 bazillion now. It might be tough to jump right in with no prior knowledge...I have been playing NBA 2K since the Dreamcast, so much of the gameplay is simple muscle memory for me, although it did take me a couple years to get comfortable with the twin-stick control. There are multiple situations where a button will do something completely different when pressed in conjunction with another button, which ensteepens the learning curve. It was also somewhat difficult to find a camera angle that felt comfortable.

On the other hand, you can always dial back the difficulty settings to make everything a bit more forgiving.

What the game does offer to the new player, is a wonderfully immersive experience in the solo career mode, only mildly ruined by the monstrous sideline interviews with Doris Burke.

40 gig download. That's all I need to know about NBA 2k15. That would take me an entire day to download. (if I dedicated 100 percent of my bandwidth to it)

It looks interesting, but something would have to be like the best game ever made for me to want to download more than maybe 20 gigs. I swear, it's like these companies have never heard of the word "compression".
Although I would never actually put it atop any rankings, i'm basically saying NBA 2K15 IS the best game ever made, solely because it is the best version of the video game franchise I have invested the most time into.

And it took me an entire day to download. Games are big. I don't want any of your filthy console compression sullying up my lossless 4K flaccery. :nottalking:

Man, I wish This War of Mine was a little cheaper. Is there anyone out there willing to convince me to buy it at 60% off?
If you can wait, I'd suggest waiting for a bundle. 11 bit studios has bundled every other game they publish on Steam.

60% off's not bad if you wanna play it now though.

[quote name="KingofOldSchool" post="12740810" timestamp="1434145937"]Front Office Football is the last Boss Deal for tomorrow? HELL YES! Been wanting it for a while.[/quote]
What about Back Room Tonsil Hockey?

I'm sooo bored of clicky-clicky loitering monster killer Simulator... GabeN, I want everything on my wishlist at 75% off nao!

%70 off or bust.....I would say %75 but that seems to be rarer these days though this sale is looking decent so far.
If you can wait, I'd suggest waiting for a bundle. 11 bit studios has bundled every other game they publish on Steam.

60% off's not bad if you wanna play it now though.
Thanks guys. I guess since I've waited this long I might as well wait a little longer.

Don't go to Men of War Assault Squad 2 Steam forum now.  The developers are acting as mod, banning ppl and locking down threads which discussing the validity of omitting down standard RTS features (i.e. replay, AI bot in skirmish etc.) and selling these features off as DLC.  Multiplayer which the developers claim to the main focus of the game is utteryly broken since 12 months ago, single player campaign is non-existent (with the reliance on the community-made maps) and YET DLCs are still being released regularly.  Whenever ppl raised such issues up, there were always some white knights jumped out, cursing at ppl for being "un-reasonable" "un-fairly treat indie developer with small budget" "not cutting a small team some slack" and thread got locked (reason: issues already been discussed.  No need to make a new thread for it. :D/ )

There was one guy that got banned for openly threatening to report such shady practice to Steam mods (lesson learned here guys: don't publicly make threat to those with the banhammers)

Wait for a few more min until these locked down threads got bumped down to the 5th pages and all is well again in the land of Digitalmind Soft.  :whistle2:

P.S. Digitalmindsoft just recently announced that they have a new modern era RTS in the making (Call to Arms) and will feature "AI bot" and "replay" w/o having to pay extra for them (LOL.)  :D/

Yeah we have to remember that less percentage games off should be played soon (haha). Really we should play every game we buy (hahaha). It's not like we make a wishlist of games that look cool and then if a game crosses the magical percentage off landmark it gets bought right (hahahahahahaha.....sad)? Nonetheless I'm trying better to play my games for real and not just idlemaster (jhahahahahahahahahaha....actually I'm trying to be serious!). Funny how I want Grimrock 2 when I haven't touch a lick of Grimrock 1.

Yeah we have to remember that less percentage games off should be played soon (haha). Really we should play every game we buy (hahaha). It's not like we make a wishlist of games that look cool and then if a game crosses the magical percentage off landmark it gets bought right (hahahahahahaha.....sad)? Nonetheless I'm trying better to play my games for real and not just idlemaster (jhahahahahahahahahaha....actually I'm trying to be serious!). Funny how I want Grimrock 2 when I haven't touch a lick of Grimrock 1.
by the time you touch a lick of grimrock 1, grimrock 3 will be out. that is why i passed on grimrock 2 and van helsing 2

Front Office Football is the last Boss Deal for tomorrow? HELL YES! Been wanting it for a while.
Wow, just saw that (had to check), hoping it goes 75% off but get a feeling it won't (then again I didn't expect WMMA 3 and TEW 2010 to go 75% off either). Going to be pretty excited to check tomorrow and see what discount it gets.

I finally bought the Sam & Max Trilogy, despite the fact I own season 3 on disc and in my PS3. Sigh. I'm already almost out of money, and I still want those King of Fighters games, even though I'm still on the fence. I own those games for my PlayStation anyway.

I finally bought the Sam & Max Trilogy, despite the fact I own season 3 on disc and in my PS3. Sigh. I'm already almost out of money, and I still want those King of Fighters games, even though I'm still on the fence. I own those games for my PlayStation anyway.
Is the PlayStation Anyway the one that came after the PS2?

Huzzah, I finally caught up on my Steam thread reading backlog (~100 pages @ 25 posts/page). To celebrate I am cleaning out my meager bundle leftovers spreadsheet.

To cut down on thread clutter PM me if you want something:

EDIT - ALL GONE!

Commando Jack
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken
Ravaged: Zombie Apocalypse
Velvet Assassin
Legendary
Home
Finding Teddy
Dragon Age: Origins
Bejeweled 3
Dino D-Day
Muffin Knight
Eador: Masters of the Broken World
Alien Breed Trilogy
Divekick
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
Thunder Wolves
Commando Jack
Betrayer
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE

15 is slightly more complicated than previous years, and i'm pretty sure there isn't a "basic control tutorial" like there has been in the past. I think the button combo count is up to 52 bazillion now. It might be tough to jump right in with no prior knowledge...I have been playing NBA 2K since the Dreamcast, so much of the gameplay is simple muscle memory for me, although it did take me a couple years to get comfortable with the twin-stick control. There are multiple situations where a button will do something completely different when pressed in conjunction with another button, which ensteepens the learning curve. It was also somewhat difficult to find a camera angle that felt comfortable.
I played 2k basketball back on the Dreamcast, but only a bit of 2k13 on PC since. I wasn't much more than a button masher when I got back in. What I miss is the NCAA version 2k did back in the early XBox era.

Just bought VooDoo 2 card. Came with free Glorkian Warrior and Uriel's Chasm

/stealthbrag
I think you'll be disappointed with your framerates. You should have waited for the VooDoo 3.

bread's done
Back