Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
AMD users are going to have problems with Arkham Knight? How shocking!! :shock:
I was AMD fan boy until 3 years ago.. Compatibility issue, performance issue, and unstability are just too aggravating (ranging from the first Rome Total War to Enemy Within).

I switched camp to GTX 970 and never look back.

Yeah, I might just have to do that. I haven't been really happy with my current case from the time I bought it. It's too small for me to put anything powerful in it, but it's too big to really be an HTPC. Not the wisest purchase on my end. I might end up getting a new cheapy case to OC and match it with a proper cooler and then either temporarily convert the current one to an HTPC until I can get a smaller/better case.
are u using a micro atx case?

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a sale coming up soon? b/c I need my fix.

Indiegala Monday is like a terrible hangover after that Monster Steam Sale
Well, you could always pick up Fatale & The Path. For some inexplicable reason, they're still on sale for the next 40 minutes.

I guess Tale of Tales is just doing their part to keep the sale alive. Either that, or they screwed up the countdown timer on those two games because they're idiots.

For sake of you and your wallet, don't watch anyone play a game that could (even remotely) fall into the builder category. Bought way too many builders due to that ><, especially if happen across a bastard that sucks at the game AND does a Let's Play.
Darkess Dungeon not builder game. It's an adventure.. think of it as a medieval FTL.. and it's one of the best Early Access games currently lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B32-Yp38AJo

Darkess Dungeon not builder game. It's an adventure.. think of it as a medieval FTL.. and it's one of the best Early Access games currently lol

100% this. I've spent way too much time watching streams/videos of this game. I want it, but not at 25% off.

Nah, just a weirdly shaped case. I found some liquid coolers in my price range, but they are refurbs and I'm worried about a leak. I also found a really sweet cpu cooler for $10 so if I could get a case for like $20 it would work out.
Not sure if you have a MicroCenter near you, but this Thermaltake case is average in construction and utility, but great for the price (after rebate). I also have one of these.

Oh I know, seen/heard of it and sounded pretty interesting. Was more saying to prevent buying anything else =p.

Nah, just a weirdly shaped case. I found some liquid coolers in my price range, but they are refurbs and I'm worried about a leak. I also found a really sweet cpu cooler for $10 so if I could get a case for like $20 it would work out.
you would atleast need to willing to spend $50, before mail in rebate for a good roomy case for liquid cooling

Just a heads up, GameAgent appears to have run out of Bioshock Infinite Season Pass keys. Got the other two keys. Not sure about their track record but I guess it will be fine without me having to fight them?

Then again, I feel like people hate Digital River, and they charge me sales tax on a digital purchase, which kind of makes me want to fight them. But with like swords and stuff, not customer service forms.
They sent it in a separate email. Sword goes back in the scabbard... for now.

Nah, just a weirdly shaped case.
I knew it was you trying to MD your PC!

casemods13.jpg

Not sure if you have a MicroCenter near you, but this Thermaltake case is average in construction and utility, but great for the price (after rebate). I also have one of these.
I saw that one and not bad for the price, but I will see if I can find one avoiding the rebate. I saw some oldish cases on craig's list, one iwth only USB 2.0 slots, but I figure I use the main MOBO USB and my USB hub and i should be fine.

Yea. I don't liquid cool.  I have about 10 silent fans running in there and ye ol' super heatsink of doom!  (I forget what it's called but it's this freakin super massive heatsink)

I saw that one and not bad for the price, but I will see if I can find one avoiding the rebate. I saw some oldish cases on craig's list, one iwth only USB 2.0 slots, but I figure I use the main MOBO USB and my USB hub and i should be fine.
I bought a used case from the local computer repair guy for $15. Full tower, great airflow, tons of room, ugly as fuck. See if there's a shop in your area.

This might be over your price range but I just bought this case about a month ago to go with my new build.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&cm_re=HAF_computer_case-_-11-119-233-_-Product

I has pretty good airflow and a bunch of room to add more fans. Lots of space inside for cables so its not a big mess, plus you can remove a harddrive bay to add more space (definite plus for me). Save what you would spend on liquid cooling and just get a bigger/more open case with great airflow imo.

I bought a used case from the local computer repair guy for $15. Full tower, great airflow, tons of room, ugly as fuck. See if there's a shop in your area.
Good tip. I got a lead on a potential cheap one on Craig's list, but I also checked and have to computer repair places five minutes away so those will be good back ups.

This might be over your price range but I just bought this case about a month ago to go with my new build.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233&cm_re=HAF_computer_case-_-11-119-233-_-Product

I has pretty good airflow and a bunch of room to add more fans. Lots of space inside for cables so its not a big mess, plus you can remove a harddrive bay to add more space (definite plus for me). Save what you would spend on liquid cooling and just get a bigger/more open case with great airflow imo.
Nice case! But definitely over my price range. I saw some other nice ones around 50ish and while all the bells and whistles look nice, I have to keep this as cheap as possible.

Big eyes, other-worldly hair, outrageous outfit, revealing cleavage, disproportional body type...

they all look the same to me :whistle2:k
hatsune_miku_sad_by_wishonawing-d5nbnu9.jpg

Now's the terrible, empty void of no real deals for a few weeks. Maybe a few from GabeN for spite, but those are more ironic than exciting. What ever shall we do to fill our time...?

Now's the terrible, empty void of no real deals for a few weeks. Maybe a few from GabeN for spite, but those are more ironic than exciting. What ever shall we do to fill our time...?
I feel like this could have been written before the Summer Sale and still been true ;)

Ahhhh who'm I kidding.. I bought tons of games I won't play.

Yeah, GameAgent gave double copies of Columbia's Finest instead of giving the base game during their collection sale this weekend. Had to e-mail them to get my BSI base game key, too, and ended up with an extra of Columbia's Finest.

A lot of grumblings on Batman AK optimization.  Also that they possibly put Denuvo DRM on it at the last minute.  Anyone who bought it confirm/deny?

A lot of grumblings on Batman AK optimization. Also that they possibly put Denuvo DRM on it at the last minute. Anyone who bought it confirm/deny?
30 fps confirmed for pc, might as well play it on console

Only a peasant would own a console.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure you can remove the FPS cap in the config file.

Yeah, they have that one similarly priced a lot of places but it has pretty bad reviews all around and some leakage complaints, which is my main concern with liquid cooling.
Not to mention, H20 cooling is a huge pain in the butt. It takes so much more time to set up a PC when you water cool.

Oh Guys, with Water Cooling it's best to just Roll Your Own. These off the shelf kits are terrible. Even the highly rated corsair kits pale in comparison to a home made rig.

I have a very old version of that very case. It's not bad. I expected a little better quality out of TT, but I was also on a budget. One really nice thing about that case is: In the rear it has holes to plumb your water cooling. I put that to good use. Worked out well. It was an AMD Phenom quad core that I had abused with voltage. She's still running great, but I never run her anymore (2 upgrades ago).. since then, and a i7-2700K I have picked up little Ms. i7-4770K.

Currently I have moved on to a generic Rosewill branded case that is nearly identical to the TT.

TLDR:

1. When Water Cooling, Roll your own

2. Rosewill cases are great value for your $$, and usually have free shipping.

bread's done
Back