Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
That sucks. I actually haven't used GOG Galaxy to update anything on it, and my SSD only has like 10 GB left, and I've never seen that error.

I installed the patch manually, rebooted for other reasons, GOG Galaxy updated, then I verified the Witcher 3 install. It downloaded ~500 MB, don't know if it even installed anything, and it no longer tells me "invalid"

How is that a "budget" PC?

or "update available."
maybe because he is using gtx 960? LOL

isn't the only benefit for ssd, are improvements for loading time in gaming?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 3.5 gb thing really isn't a big deal if you don't care about 4k gaming. Heck, at this point I'm not sure I even care about 1440.
Aren't there some games that have problems because of the slow 0.5 GB in the card? I think a true 3.5 GB card would be better than the standard 970.

Pretty great humble-bundle for the 3 people who somehow don't have/didn't play Borderlands:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

(at least up to the $5 tier anyway)

Edit: after seeing a couple responses to this post I re-read it and realized I could have worded it better.  I was actually trying to say the $1 tier is a great value for those that don't/have didn't play BL1.

Tier 2, in my opinion, is only really a good idea if people don't care too much about getting all the DLC for the games they play.  Having the season pass & UVH2 in tier 3 kinda kills it for most people (unless they can get a better deal on the season pass at a later date - which is always a possibility).

Pretty great humble-bundle for the 3 people who don't have/didn't play Borderlands:

https://www.humblebundle.com/

(at least up to the $5 tier anyway)
I would say its eh in the way of value. First tier is fine absolutely. Yea yea charity, but so what.

2nd tier while not bad at 4.50 is missing a lot of Borderlands 2 content. You can find Borderlands 2 GOTY fairly cheaply even post-sale. It'd be cheaper to get Borderlands 2 GOTY without even touching tier 2 or tier 3. You'd have to find a trader, but its possible. 5-6 keys, $10 Paypal easily.

Yeah, I think Tier 1 is a no-brainerr. Even if you don't get Claptrap blah blah DLC (which I enjoyed), I don't think it's really a big deal to not have it (said the completionist...).  The BL1 "Story" DLC is "ok, not great" in my opinion.  In retrospect, if the BL1 GOTY wasn't as cheap as it was when I got it, I wouldn't go out of my way to get the BL1 DLC...IMHO.

BL2 Season Pass for $15 is too expensive, and Tier 2 doesn't really have much there even though the bonuses will probably be the other Headhunters. It's too bad UVH 1 is in the Season Pass, because that would have been a good choice for T2 instead of giving all of the upgrades in Tier 3 only.

Tier 1 is good for a buck, definitely. General Knoxx was my favorite DLC for BL1, and it ties in nicely to the story in TPS. Claptrap could be added later, and it was my second favorite (took me a while to win the fight). The endings to the BL1 DLC all feel rushed, except for Claptrap, although I admit I was hoping for better gear. Moxxi's Underdome Riot isn't fun at all, especially in SP where it takes an hour to beat one of them and there are no waypoints. I always ended up dying at the very end and getting frustrated.

But with that said, there's a HUGE leap from BL1 to BL2. There are tons of improvements, and while I miss fixing Claptrap units, I don't miss the low resolution textures, bosses that stay dead, and running everywhere doing low amounts of damage. Weapon proficiencies were replaced with Badass Ranks, which are much nicer. The audio and character voices are also better.

EDIT: Kinda wish the weapons were as broken as they were in BL1, though. I ended up getting a sniper and pistol with shotgun spray mods; both shoot six bullets at once at the cost of one bullet, and the sniper has great accuracy for massive damage. Imagine if a DPUH only used one bullet. Oh, and ammo regen on class mods was awesome in BL1.

I wonder if that Borderlands TPS coupon in tier-2 is stack-able with a potential future Humble Store sale on TPS.

Coupon expires August 31st.  Not something I'd risk, personally, but if it did go on sale that could end up being a pretty decent price (or Humble could be all "we're-in-the-business-of-making-money" and hold off on any sales until the coupon expires).

I am, of course, waiting for at least the 1st "complete" or "GotY" BL:TPS pack.

I wonder if that Borderlands TPS coupon in tier-2 is stack-able with a potential future Humble Store sale on TPS.

Coupon expires August 31st. Not something I'd risk, personally, but if it did go on sale that could end up being a pretty decent price (or Humble could be all "we're-in-the-business-of-making-money" and hold off on any sales until the coupon expires).

I am, of course, waiting for at least the 1st "complete" or "GotY" BL:TPS pack.
I'm pretty sure they'll run a sale on September 1st.

DP.exe - the actual game EXE for DP.

For 4GB File Adjustment - You could use NTCore's CFF Explorer or it actually even would be easier to just use their 4GB Patching Program.

Before you even think of messing w/ the EXE - make a copy of the original as your backup. I usually keep the original file in the folder and rename it - i.e. make a copy of "DP.exe" and rename your copy to "DP - Original 2GB.exe".

Now, let's tinker w/ the original DP.EXE.

If you're using CFF Explorer (this is what I used), while in the program you open the game-file EXE you want to modify, which is DP.EXE in this case > go to File Header > Characteristics where it says "Click here" > then check box for making the "App can handle > 2 GB RAM address space".

That'll do the trick.

Also, to help - I did also afterwards Disable Desktop Comp + Disable Visual Themes + Run as Admin in the DP.exe's properties.

Go to Steam's game-folder for DP; right click on DP.exe; switch to Compatibility Mode; & check all above-mentioned stuff.

This won't fix all the issues, but at least that should fix the game so it will likely run for quite a bit longer (i.e. an hour or two or more) before it decides to crash instead of what it did before (i.e. 20-40 minutes for me).

Save as much as you can - especially if you've just finished quests or missions; find a checkpoint while in a main mission especially; or whatever.

Good luck.
Thank you for the help I just want to play this game but it seems that the fps drops as you play I start with 60 then it gets to 30 half hour later lol I will try to finish this game seems funny

Well, I just completed Rambo The Video Game. I enjoyed it despite its flaws. And again, I've played waaaaaaaaaaaaay worse games than this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFA673fJQZY

RAMBOS RAGE SPENT, ALL THAT HE HAD LEFT... WAS HIS SORROW.

The Sega Rambo lightgun game was gloriously stupid.

Were it just a little bit less tedious I would have enjoyed the Rambo Steam game but it was not meant to be.

I hated Borderlands. Not even for a penny.

RAMBOS RAGE SPENT, ALL THAT HE HAD LEFT... WAS HIS SORROW.
I gotta say this about the Rambo PC game... it pulled an M. Night Shyamalan on me. Everyone knows how the Rambo movies go, so this is a spoiler for this particular bit of the game --

The game opens at Rambo's funeral, and there's a guy there narrating the events prior to First Blood (Rambo getting rescued / escaping from a POW camp), then the events of First Blood, and then Rambo: First Blood Part II. When I got through that, I figured, "He'll start talking about Rambo III now."

But no. The guy mentions Trautman getting captured "three days ago". Then the funeral ends. And then he says "You're off their radar, Rambo." And Rambo III begins.

4505613-4207148788-tumbl.gif

I was not expecting the game to do this; it raised my opinion of the devs just a tad. It doesn't really fit in with Rambo III, but as far as reasons to make a story work for a game, it kinda does.

Up to 75% off Ubisoft Midweek
10% off code: 10newsletter

After discount, Child of Light (Uplay) will be $3.37 and Stick of Truth (Steam) will be $12.23.
Wait - after coupon, D2D beating Nuuvum + everyone else on Stick of Truth (except GamePlanetUK who was $12.01)?!?!?

And after coupon, D2D beating everyone else on Child of Light?

Am I missing something here?

ITAD on Stick of Truth:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=southparkstickoftruth

ITAD on Child of Light:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/search:child%20of%20light;/scroll:#gamelist

Batman looks gorgeous and I really hope they fix the kinks soon. Irritates me that I can barely get 30-40FPS on low settings on my 980. After MKX I thought for sure WB learned their lesson, I was dead wrong.
How are you managing to get only 30-40 FPS on a 980? Is it matched up with an old Pentium 4 or something?

I'm not happy with PC players getting stuck with a Dark Souls 1 quality port.
Arkham Knight is not at all a Dark Souls quality port.

Yeah, I think Tier 1 is a no-brainerr. Even if you don't get Claptrap blah blah DLC (which I enjoyed), I don't think it's really a big deal to not have it (said the completionist...). The BL1 "Story" DLC is "ok, not great" in my opinion. In retrospect, if the BL1 GOTY wasn't as cheap as it was when I got it, I wouldn't go out of my way to get the BL1 DLC...IMHO.
The Secret Armory of General Knoxx was brilliantly funny and it has some of the best farming in all of Pandora. It's probably my favorite BL/BL2 DLC. Anyone that misses it would be missing a high quality chunk of BL.

Arkham Knight is not at all a Dark Souls quality port.
You're right, I shouldn't be so hard on From Software, they didn't have that much experience with PC gaming.

:p

The game is broken for tons of people. When it works, it works, but when it doesn't...

That's not exactly outstanding. BL is a grindfest, and like any grindfest it takes a phenomenal force of will to resist pouring hours into it even if it is crap.

is shadow warrior 1 any good?
Shadow Warrior 1... well, the remake 1... was a good sword attached to a really mediocre shooter. It got extremely boring after the halfway point when enemies started tanking more and more and the swordplay had to be replaced by crappy boring gunplay by necessity of massive enemy HP versus your own. If you only play the first third of the game it is a raucously fun slice-em-up with occasional shooting.

Anyways - anyone here w/ any thoughts on Child of Light?
I was tempted to buy at during summer sale at $3.75. It is supposed to be a good turn based RPG with good music.

2 glaring negatives; UPlay and the DLC which I cannot determine how much the DLC is needed or adds to the real game.

I got both BL1, BL2, and the Prequel for free with all the DLC.... have not played any of them further than a few weapons in.  I don't think I got to a single boss.  B-O-R-I-N-G.

I wanted nothing more than to IDDQD and IDKFA and just blow crap up.

Okay. Let me re-phrase it then...

Anyone here who actually owns Child of Light + has actually played it have any thoughts on it?
I like it. It's a nice little game. Art is well done. I mean it's not a Dragon Age epic, but it's sort of like an indie game only not indie. Sometimes a shorter RPG is nice.

It has a fairy tale-ish quality about it. Combat sort of reminds me of the old FF games.

I think it's worth a few dollars. Valiant Hearts too, though that's more of an adventure.

I like that Ubisoft is making smaller scale games.

Batman looks gorgeous and I really hope they fix the kinks soon. Irritates me that I can barely get 30-40FPS on low settings on my 980. After MKX I thought for sure WB learned their lesson, I was dead wrong.
Are you running a standalone frame counter or are you using the in-game benchmark tool? According to the in-game tool, I'm averaging low 40's with everything turned on bottoming out mid-upper 20's and I'm (only) rocking a 970 (1080p, AMD 8320E stock, latest drivers). With the effects (and v-sync) turned off, I'm hitting 60FPS (and the game still looks good). We'll see how it plays when I get deep into the game.

I like it. It's a nice little game. Art is well done. I mean it's not a Dragon Age epic, but it's sort of like an indie game only not indie. Sometimes a shorter RPG is nice.

It has a fairy tale-ish quality about it. Combat sort of reminds me of the old FF games.

I think it's worth a few dollars. Valiant Hearts too, though that's more of an adventure.

I like that Ubisoft is making smaller scale games.
I would be completely okay with it if Ubisoft stopped making assassins creed and lent all those resources toward making more small games

I got both BL1, BL2, and the Prequel for free with all the DLC.... have not played any of them further than a few weapons in. I don't think I got to a single boss. B-O-R-I-N-G.

I wanted nothing more than to IDDQD and IDKFA and just blow crap up.
Basically, you never want to get all of them together. They're all just so long, and the missions get tedious. It's a Borderlands overload--a Borderload.

Fallout 4 will be okay, though. Right guys? GUYS?!?
The GotY edition that comes out in 2017, the one I plan on buying, will be okay.

I still won't believe FO4 comes out this year until it's actually out... Having it not playable at E3 but coming out in less than 4 months? Hrmm...

I played a little bit of Child of Light last night.  Liked it, looks nice, as Motoki says it has that turn-based FF style combat.  Was fun and I'll be playing more.  Not a big risk for the three bucks and change anyway.

I admit I Fakeybroed that Ass Creed China game. I mean it's not AAA and not trying to be but I kind of like it.

And it's $10, not $15. :p

bread's done
Back