Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
was watching CEO and was curious and checked, so USFIV is $11.49 at gamesrocket

http://us.gamesrocket.com/download/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV.html

if you're too lazy to register an account, they have a bunch of one click registration options, including fb, twitter, and paypal. i used paypal and it was very fast/easy. very close to lowest historical. it might be lower during EVO, but ya know...
Also, if you have the original SFIV the upgrade to Ultra is only $5.95 there

http://us.gamesrocket.com/download/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-Upgrade.html?ref=516&currency=USD

The Internets says this site is dubious. Buyer beware, IMO. I don't trust a site with a fake countdown timer saying the deal will end in "X" seconds which magically resets itself...
If they really are, then that sucks. These prices are fairly close to a normal sale price at other sites (unlike many other places that have been proven to be sketchy over and over). :(

Edit: Aha, seems this site asked for IDs and stuff to verify some purchases.

Edit 2: However this dev said their game was available at Steam and at the site, so ... ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they really are, then that sucks. These prices are fairly close to a normal sale price at other sites (unlike many other places that have been proven to be sketchy over and over). :(

Edit: Aha, seems this site asked for IDs and stuff to verify some purchases.

Edit 2: However this dev said their game was available at Steam and at the site, so ... ugh.
Could just be a dumbass dev. I'd be more surprised if a publisher lists them as an authorized retailer

was watching CEO and was curious and checked, so USFIV is $11.49 at gamesrocket

http://us.gamesrocket.com/download/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV.html

if you're too lazy to register an account, they have a bunch of one click registration options, including fb, twitter, and paypal. i used paypal and it was very fast/easy. very close to lowest historical. it might be lower during EVO, but ya know...

Also, if you have the original SFIV the upgrade to Ultra is only $5.95 there

http://us.gamesrocket.com/download/Ultra-Street-Fighter-IV-Upgrade.html?ref=516&currency=USD
Or someone can buy the extra copy I got from Loot Crate, the one I redeemed unlocked the Steam version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 for $5. I'm just saying...

Or someone can buy the extra copy I got from Loot Crate, the one I redeemed unlocked the Steam version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 for $5. I'm just saying...
The only keys I've seen from LootCrate are for the Arcade edition. Sure, it'll show up as Ultra in Steam library, but that's because of the weird transition Capcom did with AE copies

The only keys I've seen from LootCrate are for the Arcade edition. Sure, it'll show up as Ultra in Steam library, but that's because of the weird transition Capcom did with AE copies

If your copy doesn't have the Ultra SFIV Digital Upgrade DLC, it's not Ultra. It's Super SFIV.
You're both right, I wasn't aware that there was costume DLC, just checked my copy doesn't have it. Sorry for the confusion.

So Ubisoft and Rebellion consider the site legit.

But I definitely would not send any company a photo of my ID or passport just to save a few bucks.
FWIW I just bought the SFIV Ultra upgrade today and it did not ask me for ID. I used Steam to login if that makes any difference. You can also login with Twitter, Facebook, Google or Paypal. I can't speak for just doing a straight register there without logging in with a social ID, but at least as far as using Steam for a login it doesn't ask for anything else other than your email address to send receipts to.

It did do some sort of Steam Guard like verification where it emails you and you click through the link in the email before it let you access the my account with the keys, but that was about it. Key was there right away.

FWIW I just bought the SFIV Ultra upgrade today and it did not ask me for ID. I used Steam to login if that makes any difference. You can also login with Twitter, Facebook, Google or Paypal. I can't speak for just doing a straight register there without logging in with a social ID, but at least as far as using Steam for a login it doesn't ask for anything else other than your email address to send receipts to.

It did do some sort of Steam Guard like verification where it emails you and you click through the link in the email before it let you access the my account with the keys, but that was about it. Key was there right away.
And tomorrow your account will be used to send G2A phishing links to people. Just you wait. WE WARNED YOU, MOTOKI

:roll: I think I will live, but thanks for the warning Chicken Little.

In any case, if you're that concerned you can always use a dummy Facebook or Twitter account to do a social login with.

I bought Pillars of Eternity from Gamesrocket over the summer sale when it was ~$10 cheaper than Steam.

As I mentioned at the time, they did a robo-call to my phone and I had to confirm that I had ordered it but that was the extent of it.  No sending in my drivers license or anything.  I assumed that the call was to prevent someone from ordering a million copies of a heavily discounted game since it's easier to make a million throw-away accounts than it is to get a million phone numbers.

FWIW the first fix to Arkham Knight has been released. Its around 60 or so MBs. 

Its pretty good. I can definitely tell an improvement in a lot of areas of the gameplay. I still experience some frame drops due to the motion blur, but its greatly improved. Texture quality is a lot more stable. I havent gotten a chance to try Batmobile play yet, but it seems that they're on the right track in terms of fixing it. 

Also, it sounds like WB is preparing to do the exact same thing that Ubi did with Unity for anyone who doesn't take a refund, except it will be a free season pass or WBIE game.

And for the patch update:

Rocksteady is leading our team of developers and partners as we work on the PC performance issues that players have been encountering. The work is significant and while we are making good progress on improving performance, it will take some time to ensure that we get the right fixes in place.

Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:

• Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
  • Fix for low resolution texture bug
  • Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
  • Add more options to the graphics settings menu
  • Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
  • Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
  • Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
  • NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
  • Enabling AMD Crossfire
  • NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
While we work on improving performance, we will also continue to make interim patches available to address issues for those still playing the game on PC. The first patch is being released now and the updates include:
  • Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
  • Fixed a bug which disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
  • Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
  • Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu
We would like to thank our fans for their patience and invaluable feedback. We will continue to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

Man, it's a whole list of crappy retailers we could be talking about! How do we get a rep for Gamebillet.com to start posting around here?

I got all excited about the other .br addresses except none of them seem to actually sell games. Or maybe they just sell boxed games or something. But one of them has a stove on sale for under $200 with free shipping so I'm all over that. #CheapAssKitchenAppliances

what do you mean by "apparently can still use Nuuvem"?

Did I miss the Nuuvem IP ban somewhere?

the old Hola proxy still works right?
Hola is not safe, and they blocked them completely anyway.

Some folks in the thread have said that the deals I linked earlier were not showing up for them; apparently some locations, especially the US, are being geoblocked, while some (like me) are not. I can still see a majority of the deals except for stuff that's completely activation locked to Brazil.

Saw this on Reddit that I somehow ended up at.

16 hours left

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/3883/Star-Wars-Starter-Pack/

$4.14 with coupon: macgames5off

All these work on PC as well:

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Star Wars The Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition

Mac only:
Star Wars: Empire at War
Why the heck is Empire At War incomplete?

And why is it NOT Steam?

Anybody have any thoughts on AI War or Last Federation? I recently added them to my wishlist and they're both 80% off on Steam today.  I know AI War has been bundle a jillion times, but I missed all of them somehow.  I'll probably end up waiting since I've only got a dollar and change left in steambucks now, but if there are any big fans out there I'd love to hear your impressions.

the last federation is very good.  Totalbiscuit did a WTF video on it and it was on point

Corporate Lifestyle Simulator In Game key 

6HTB3-5XXI4-GA2WX-E5N5Z

re: Dollar Deus Ex for thinking of the children

I think they just caught up with the queue for the most part now. Their posts on reddit seemed to imply that they were sending the keys out manually or at very least in batches rather than having an automated process.

Rookie mistake, but at least everyone will get their keys sooner or later.

Why the heck is Empire At War incomplete?

And why is it NOT Steam?
Publisher
Aspyr Media

That's why. The Mac version isn't on Steam, it's one of those games that is being held hostage by Aspyr.

Edit: Actually there isn't a Mac version of Forces of Corruption. Aspyr only ported the base game, not the expansion nor the Gold Pack.

Edit 2: And KOTOR II has Mac and Linux versions on Steam according to SteamDB... but they appear to be in a password protected beta for the moment. But they're coming. We may see Mac keys sold at that site eventually.

Oh nice! I hope LEGO Jurassic World is one of the eligible freebies since I pretty much own everything else in the WB Steam catalog.
I do too.

It's worth noting though that Ubi offered newer games at the time and if you had gotten Unity SP or Gold on Steam, you could get w/e they offered as a gift. With Ubi, I had already gotten Far Cry 4 which was on offer, so I took The Crew, but it was uPlay b/c thats where I got Unity. It sucks as a game, but thats besides the point. I got it basically for the cost I paid for the Unity SP and still got all the Unity SP crap. Even if they offered stuff you already own, something like The Witcher 3 (WBIE published in NA) could be on offer so you just take that and trade it if you already have it or dont want it. Basically what I'll do is if they dont have something I want to play or already own everything, I'll take the most valuable offering and trade it for something else.

Now watch them offer City, Origins, and Asylum + the old Batman Lego titles minus 3.

I looked at WBIE's list and even in respect to upcoming games the only one I have a remote interest in keeping would be Mad Max. I doubt they offer that though. Witcher 3, MKX, Shadow of Mordor and the newer Lego titles I would imagine are possible contenders.

Anybody have any thoughts on AI War or Last Federation? I recently added them to my wishlist and they're both 80% off on Steam today. I know AI War has been bundle a jillion times, but I missed all of them somehow. I'll probably end up waiting since I've only got a dollar and change left in steambucks now, but if there are any big fans out there I'd love to hear your impressions.
AI War seems fun, but I got distracted by something at some point. I have some codes for AI War and the DLC that might work. I'll send them to ya.

Even if they offered stuff you already own, something like The Witcher 3 (WBIE published in NA) could be on offer so you just take that and trade it if you already have it or dont want it.
CDP self publishes the digital version. WB only publishes the boxed retail version. Mostly for consoles but there is also a PC boxed retail version in NA because they are European and don't get that there's like 5 people left in the US who want to buy PC games boxed retail.

re: Dollar Deus Ex for thinking of the children

I think they just caught up with the queue for the most part now. Their posts on reddit seemed to imply that they were sending the keys out manually or at very least in batches rather than having an automated process.

Rookie mistake, but at least everyone will get their keys sooner or later.
Just got my key a few seconds after confirming payment. It arrived before the Paypal invoice, and around 30s before the donation confirmation email.

bread's done
Back