Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
The store page for Commander Keen: Keen Dreams is up.

This game was featured in Groupees' Bundle in a Box 2, and we were supposed to get a key for the game if it got greenlit. I'm looking forward to finally having the complete most of the Keen series on Steam.

Edit: Well hopefully we'll get Aliens Ate my Babysitter one day. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dont see how 300 dollars is a buget video card, if i had a 750 ti then yes i have a budget video card but to each there own, and Im not nearly the wrestling fan I used to be, esspecially considering every good person they have anymore they dont use correctly and feed them to Super Cena so he can win everything its stupid and dumb but i digress.

I'm glad I forgot to go back to the Humble Store sale this weekend. I don't know why, but I really want to fakeybro Dragon Ball Xenoverse. I must stay strong! *goes to pre-order FF Type-0*

I really dont see how 300 dollars is a buget video card, if i had a 750 ti then yes i have a budget video card but to each there own, and Im not nearly the wrestling fan I used to be, esspecially considering every good person they have anymore they dont use correctly and feed them to Super Cena so he can win everything its stupid and dumb but i digress.
sigh ok...you said it was the best or 2nd best and its far from it like i said...yes its better than MysterD's piece of shit he bought but he isn't the sharpest when it comes to hardware....300 dollars for a card is peanuts...and you have a wrasslin avatar

sigh ok...you said it was the best or 2nd best and its far from it like i said...yes its better than MysterD's piece of shit he bought but he isn't the sharpest when it comes to hardware....300 dollars for a card is peanuts...and you have a wrasslin avatar
nah, the amd king here is synnarc, with his r9 390 8gb vram card.

Motoki, I need a review of this by the end of the week please

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/315860/

Quick Question for you guys. I finally got a beefy gaming rig to play some kickass PC games, and ive been itching to play a kick ass Zombie game, Ive heard best 3 to look into would be DayZ, H1Z1, or Killing Floor 2, any of you guys played any of following or recommend any of them? or another really good zombie game? thanks
Ehhhhhhhh. It all depends because saying you want a kickass zombie game is like saying you want to have sex with a girl. It'll never happen. I mean there's so much variety to choose from I need a better idea of what you want out of a game. Killing Floor 2 is awesome if you enjoyed 1 and want a MP focused squad shooter (and technically they are zeds and not zombies). DayZ is good if you want bleak, survival 2deep4u hours of gameplay looking for a can of fruit and a bullet to put through your head. No experience with H1Z1 but it'll be free to play once it is out of EA. 7 Days to Die is a really good zombie game too that is sort of DayZish but better IMO and the devs are always updating it. It'll also put your rig to work because it is poorly optimized.

Oh, and your card isn't a budget card quite yet, but it will be like mid to low tier pretty soon with the way AMD is releasing "new" cards lately. Something about vrams and hard d pads.

It's all relative, dude. Here's what people would recommend.

Cheaplikeafox - Killing Floor 2

Mooby - State of Derpcay

tebow - Left 4 Dead 2

Bruticis - one of those indie zombie games, most likely Tempura of the Dead since you fight zombies as Obama and a samurai

If you think your gaming rig is beefy and aren't a thread regular, it's probably mid-range (which is still good). You can get H1Z1 or KF2 since those are the more graphically-advanced games. Contagion and DayZ are also good choices, although I think they both require Source Mods.
While none of these would tax a beefy rig, MysterD recommends these zombie games:

For a straight-up multiplayer action game (campaign mode co-op or competitive MP element):

Left 4 Dead 1+2

For Fun, Insanity, Madness, and Insanely Creative Weapon-Making:

Dead Rising 2

For First-Person Melee ARPG (solo or co-op):

Dead Island 1: GOTY + Dead Island: Riptide

While none of these would tax a beefy rig, MysterD recommends these zombie games:

For a straight-up multiplayer action game (campaign mode co-op or competitive MP element) -> Left 4 Dead 1+2

For Fun, Insanity, Madness, and Insanely Creative Weapon-Making -> Dead Rising 2

For First-Person Melee ARPG (solo or co-op) -> Dead Island 1: GOTY + Dead Island: Riptide
Bro, Dead Rising 3 is a ton of fun. Have you not played it yet?

Bro, how you gonna spend $200 on a budget card but not $20 on a game? Priorities.
Not interested in dropping $20 or so on that.

I think Nuuvem had DR3 recently for around $8-9 with a VPN.

I think DR2: Off The Record was around $4 or $5 with a VPN.

I wasn't interested in VPN'ing to Brazil.

If there was No VPN needed - I would've bought both.

Quick Question for you guys. I finally got a beefy gaming rig to play some kickass PC games, and ive been itching to play a kick ass Zombie game, Ive heard best 3 to look into would be DayZ, H1Z1, or Killing Floor 2, any of you guys played any of following or recommend any of them? or another really good zombie game? thanks
Killing Floors are nice if you're into multiplayer co-op, but those aren't anything beyond your basic wave-based horde mode shooters. Any of the open world survival crafting early access zombie titles are going to be more buggy, frustrating, and filled with hackers than actually kickass. You need a dedicated group to play with to make any of those tolerable. I'd recommend just playing Dying Light again if you need zombies in your life.

Or just follow the tide like everyone else and exchange the zombies for dinosaurs.

Ugh. Games Workshop is coming out with a Warhammer 40k MOBA.
What genre haven't they bashed into a Warhammer game? Wake me up when they release Warhammer Clicker, if that isn't already out.

Oh, and your card isn't a budget card quite yet, but it will be like mid to low tier pretty soon with the way AMD is releasing "new" cards lately. Something about vrams and hard d pads.
I wouldn't go that far. My 7950 was still very capable when I recently replaced it. The 290X is in the upper tiers, sharing a spot with the 970 and Titan. I'm not saying that it's the best card ever (and I certainly don't want another debate on "high end") but for the $250 I spent on it, I'm sure I'll be happy with it for the next couple years and replace it while it's still viable -- which was the same arc I took when I bought the 7950 three years ago for about the same price.

I wouldn't go that far. My 7950 was still very capable when I recently replaced it. The 290X is in the upper tiers, sharing a spot with the 970 and Titan. I'm not saying that it's the best card ever (and I certainly don't want another debate on "high end") but for the $250 I spent on it, I'm sure I'll be happy with it for the next couple years and replace it while it's still viable -- which was the same arc I took when I bought the 7950 three years ago for about the same price.
I thought we were all in on the joke about calling $300 cards budget cards? I wasn't really serious about it, though they have been hitting historical lows in price recently with the new cards coming out. I'm hoping to snag one (not that nice) but hopefully sub $200 at some point.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388340/

even if it's 40 cents, if your game has hipster in the title, i'm never gonna buy your fucking game...
"I hated this game before anybody else"

They really shouldn't have done that bundle so soon though or at least tried to get into Humble if they had to do one. I'm sure Poopees promised them the moon and then gave them a slice of Swiss Cheese instead.
Moon is made of cheese so im not sure what you're trying to say

You should throw Witcher 3 at something else -- notably the garbage can.
ohh-yeahh.gif

Do any of you have an opinion on which of the recent Shadowrun games is the best. And where to find it cheap?
Dragonfall is great. Shadowrun Returns isn't quite as good, but I still liked it a lot. I recommend them both, but if you're only getting one - get Dragonfall.

I haven't played Boston Lockdown and it's by a different team.. so I can't say.

I thought we were all in on the joke about calling $300 cards budget cards?
Apparently, I missed a memo :nottalking:

Yeah, $250 was the price point where I jumped on that 290X Tri-X. The thing is ridiculously large though; the end of it actually sits in my drive cage (which isn't that bad a thing since it gives it extra support)

My adventure with Woolfe was buying it from Gamersgate the morning before it was announced on Groupees, idling it for cards, getting a foil and actually making a buck or two over my purchase price before you bundle fools crashed the market.

Killing Floor 2 is pretty good, but it doesn't have any zombies in it. If that doesn't matter, I'd definitely recommend it.

Ha nice to know, and Idk Ive watched some videos of Killing Floor 2 and it looks pretty badass but ive heard that it hasnt been updated in months which seems kind of werid for a game in early access,
No worries there. It came out in late April and we've already got a map and several smaller updates. The developers are trustworthy and very transparent about what they are doing and what to expect. There should be a new update this month that adds two new character classes and another map. It's built on Unreal Engine 3, so people are also already busy building new custom maps for the game.

The original Killing Floor started with like 5 maps and ended up with more than 20, new classes, new weapons, holiday events... all for free. They typically only sell cosmetic stuff or curated weapon packs from the community.

I'm glad I forgot to go back to the Humble Store sale this weekend. I don't know why, but I really want to fakeybro Dragon Ball Xenoverse. I must stay strong! *goes to pre-order FF Type-0*
Dragon Ball Xenoverse is currently $30.99 under GreenManGaming's VIP section. Not the lowest it's ever been, but still much cheaper than the $59.99 MSRP. Don't know if it's any good, but there you go.

{Funcom up for sale}

https://twitter.com/VG247/status/631026812164927488
:'(

Bleh!! I hope whomever buys them keep TSW + Age of Conan going online.

Or adds an offline mode, before they pull the damn plug.

I believe Funcom still holds TLJ Franchise - I wonder what the hell would happen to that.

I wonder if TLJ will get sold off separately or it'll go w/ the sale of Funcom.

I'd really like to see Red Thread buy the license, since that's where Ragnar Tornquist went (TLJ's creator), in the first place.

Hopefully, whomever get TLJ Franchise - I'd guess the deal w/ Red Thread to use the license remain & they can finish-up Dreamfall Chapters.

Dragonfall is great. Shadowrun Returns isn't quite as good, but I still liked it a lot. I recommend them both, but if you're only getting one - get Dragonfall.

I haven't played Boston Lockdown and it's by a different team.. so I can't say.
This. Just get Dragonfall. Many more character interactions and sidequests. It's why the new game is dropping in two weeks. Catch the first (Returns) in the inevitable $1 tier bundle it will be in around that time.

No wonder Dreamfall has been getting such terrible sales on Steam recently. They needed every penny they could get.
I'd say more so than anything, Funcom needed the sales from their MMO's - b/c that's what the hell they've really were invested in, $-wise of late. Especially w/ Age of Conan + TSW.

Also...I don't think we really know how much of a cut Funcom takes from Red Thread's sales on Dreamfall Chapters, though. Red Thread's independent; Funcom doesn't own them.

I ended up with Shadowrun Dragonfall. I told myself I would just install it and adjust the settings before going to bed because I had to work this morning. stoopid werk

Sapphire Tri-X 290x 4GB VRAM

Edit: This card specifically

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202145
You said Tri-X, so I assume you are running three. I semi-recently upgraded to an r9 295X2. I'm finding the whole multi GPU thing to be kind of a pain in the ass. What's your experience with the drivers and games support for multi-GPU?

In some games, I certainly have really good performance, but others (Skyrim in particular) it's abysmal.

You said Tri-X, so I assume you are running three. I semi-recently upgraded to an r9 295X2. I'm finding the whole multi GPU thing to be kind of a pain in the ass. What's your experience with the drivers and games support for multi-GPU?

In some games, I certainly have really good performance, but others (Skyrim in particular) it's abysmal.
Tri doesn't mean it is running three cores, it is called like that because is has the sapphire tri-x cooling
technology (triple-fan design).

On the other hand your r9 295X2 is on the top of the Graphics Card Hierarchy from the AMD side.

bread's done
Back