Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Here's a link to the Capcom-Unity page announcing the game with a few more details:

http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregaman/blog/2015/09/08/dragons-dogma-dark-arisen-coming-to-pc

The game will retail at $29.99 and they say:

"The PC version will feature stunningly high-res graphics and improved fidelity, as well as support for both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One controllers, as well as a traditional keyboard and mouse control scheme."
Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You can then apply the theory that we all know that's how you think so you don't need to fucking constantly post it.
And we can also apply the theory that we all knew you'd reply to anything that I'd post here on these boards.

EDIT:

Mad max doesn't have this problem
Maybe the MGSV:TPP save corruption issue will get fixed by Konami, a dev, a modder, or someone - or maybe not.

At least gamers are now aware of this issue and if they do happen to have the game, they can get around it.

dYxpT7u.png

I made big sin of lying on the Internet. But sometimes you need to make sacrifices.
I now own Phantom Pain too thanks to Mad and all of you in the cesspool selling for $35-$50 do not pass go or collect $200.

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/641264964175532032

Some game getting PC port
DRAGON’S DOGMA™: DARK ARISEN played this on one of those horrible things PC gamers hate but it is a great game and glad more play will be able to become a god.

Hmmmm, I wonder what a CAG-based Monopoly board would look like...
Instead of going to jail, you have to spend an afternoon in Brooklyn listening to MysterD talk about DRM and VRAM.

It's outlawed in 29 countries for being cruel and unusual.

https://twitter.com/Capcom_UK/status/641264964175532032

Some game getting PC port
The combat in the game is really good and the art direction for the enemies is mostly great, but as a whole the world is one of the most plain, generic and soul less in a game I've ever seen. The story and dialogue are so bad and short that it feels like you're playing a single player MMO. The pawns never stfu and enemies respawn instantaneously; if you travel to a town and then backtrack get ready to fight an identical encounter. Game is interesting and has some good ideas and well done combat but its faults made it aggravating to play.

The combat in the game is really good and the art direction for the enemies is mostly great, but as a whole the world is one of the most plain, generic and soul less in a game I've ever seen. The story and dialogue are so bad and short that it feels like you're playing a single player MMO. The pawns never stfu and enemies respawn instantaneously; if you travel to a town and then backtrack get ready to fight an identical encounter. Game is interesting and has some good ideas and well done combat but its faults made it aggravating to play.
All of this sounds good enough for me.

I thought world design was decent (though very limited--only one city and one town), though lore (even implied lore) was severely lacking, and while I'd have preferred a deeper story, what was there wasn't bad, especially with the Dark Arisen content tacked on. The concept for how the world works is interesting, and the combat's ability to allow you to switch things up, as well as the player's ability to essentially climb anywhere (allowing you to change or avoid combat situations), prevented backtracking from getting old to me--even though I had the infinite-use fast travel item that was a Dark Arisen bonus for having a vanilla save, I rarely used it for the first few hundred hours of my playthrough (granted, I'm a weird case).

That said, end-game content is definitely repetitive and grindy. Dark Arisen's Bitterblack Isle was a huge improvement on the Rift in the vanilla game, and provides a few decent challenges even close to level cap, but mostly it's still all about the loot there. Non-archer classes get penalized pretty heavily in BBI, too (though you can switch freely, so no worries if you've built up a warrior/mage type early in the game).

Think we'll see Grim Fandango cheaper than $5 (66% off) at any point during the year? Great game, $5 is really tempting.
MysterD, is that you?

EDIT:

Recently, there was a Double Fine Build-A-Bundle - Grim Fandango, Broken Age, and others were in there. The more you bought, more percentage off there was, which was up to 5 games max at 85% off.

I don't see any glitches or price errors, I guess those would be included in the community chest and chance cards.  I wonder if they'd troll us and it'd have about 20 free Magicka's in there.

MysterD, is that you?

EDIT:

Recently, there was a Double Fine Build-A-Bundle - Grim Fandango, Broken Age, and others were in there. The more you bought, more percentage off there was, which was up to 5 games max at 85% off.
Except you had to spend minimum more than 5 bucks to get that deal. It doesnt really count in respect to his question IMO.

Think we'll see Grim Fandango cheaper than $5 (66% off) at any point during the year? Great game, $5 is really tempting.
If you're going to play it right now, Id say go for it, but if its a backlog candidate no harm in waiting. We're 3 months from winter sale, and theres also Black Friday and potentially Halloween closer. There will be opportunities for it to drop further.

GFR will see 75% at some point, no harm in waiting unless you plan on playing it now.

My general rule is unless its a new release and a chance to save big on it, I try to wait for catalog titles to hit 75%. Sometimes I break that rule, but something like GFR I am content waiting on.

Go to Jail box = VAC ban or VPN usage ban

Chance box = 1 in 1,000,000,000 Foil card drop

In Jail = Sponsored by G2A / Kinguin

Smite is now available on Steam. Looks like they are running a deal on the founders pack for $20. I bought into it back in their alpha. The pack unlocks all the past, present and future Gods.

*edit*

added "Gods"

Smite is now available on Steam. Looks like they are running a deal on the founders pack for $20. I bought into it back in their alpha. The pack unlocks all the past, present and future.
Sounds like its all "Gods" past/present/future but not skins and some other carp of which I don't understand...

I am not sure why I'm even considering getting this pack, wtf is a MOBA anyway....is that something MysterD and I can play solo if we BTA and have enough VRAMs?

Sounds like its all "Gods" past/present/future but not skins and some other carp of which I don't understand...

I am not sure why I'm even considering getting this pack, wtf is a MOBA anyway....is that something MysterD and I can play solo if we BTA and have enough VRAMs?
You're trying too hard. Take a pill and have a timeout.

Ah crap, don't know how I missed this build a bundle.

My general rule is unless its a new release and a chance to save big on it, I try to wait for catalog titles to hit 75%. Sometimes I break that rule, but something like GFR I am content waiting on.
Yeah guess I might as well play the wait and see game, its about the only game I end up playing anyway. Thanks!

Slow day here and no one checks the Group buys threads anymore so I'm just going to put this out here, anyone want to do a 4 way split on one or both of these games?

Forge Quest

mnAbdKr.jpg

4 pack @ 50% off $22.49 /4 = $5.63 each.

OreLight

IRbanLz.png

4 pack @ 66% off $20.39 /4 = $5.10 each.

Forge Quest sale ends a Valve Standard Time tomorrow (10am PST / 1PM EST) while Orelight ends on the 14th.

I full expect no bites on this because everyone's all wait for a bundle bla bla, but I checked the Group Buys Steam group and Steam trades and the mostly dead group buys thread here for the shits and grins but nada.

I've mostly given up but figured I'd throw this out there in the odd chance there might be three other people interested.

I want these games but $5-ish want not $7-ish want. :p

Oh and I am in Washington and get hit with sales tax so I can't host. :(

what is the lowest price Metal Gear Solid 5 is going for?
$46.20 legit from GMG. Probably find it cheaper from shady key merchants or on eBay. Although I hear that eBay keys aren't going too cheap either since it's an in-demand title.

No regional deals either. RU version is region locked and Brazil is selling the US version for approximately $53.

All of this sounds good enough for me.
I'm not sure why "single player MMO" is a good thing.

That being said the aggravating thing about Dragon's Dogma is it could've been a really great game if it didn't have so many painfully bad issues. Its combat and art direction for most of the enemies is fantastic but pretty much everything outside of that about the game is flawed, in some cases severely so. It's definitely worth playing, though, and I think the PC version has the potential to fix some of the issues that plague the vanilla game (spawn timing for enemies, an option to get the pawns to shut up), but it probably won't fix things like the utterly terrible dialogue, or the combination of an overly generic art style (monster design aside) and lack of environmental diversity. It's a shame the game as a whole didn't take on the tone of the Bitterblack Isle expansion, which is closer to gothic horror almost than it is to fantasy and much more interesting of a setting than the base game.

So the first guy I meet in Mad Max is a hunchback.  Then some mental case who sticks arrowheads in his face to stay sane.  Then a guy with a crutch.  And now some woman in a wheelchair.  I fully expect the next guy I meet to be in an iron lung.

My point is that, in a real apocalyptic wasteland, these should have been the first people eaten by jackals.  Or dingos.

$46.20 legit from GMG. Probably find it cheaper from shady key merchants or on eBay. Although I hear that eBay keys aren't going too cheap either since it's an in-demand title.

No regional deals either. RU version is region locked and Brazil is selling the US version for approximately $53.
I think Madjoki was hinting, and Headpiece was nyahnyah I copied Madjoki'ing, that he go it in Uttar Pradesh at 3am for 3 cents by calling himself Ravi Shankar.

what is the lowest price Metal Gear Solid 5 is going for?
There are still plenty of people selling Nvidia keys, but its in high demand. You're looking at 30-40 plus a potential risk if you buy it from someone with no reputation anywhere as you may run into a thief. There was a scammer on Steamtrades last week who got a crapload of keys b/c he was charging super low for the game and looped a bunch of people in (he went from 0 to 75 negative feedbacks in a few days, so at least 750 keys as he was charging 10 a piece, some people wanted many copies so he got even more with that scheme). My advice would be look for a Nvidia key from a trader but only if you have enough reputation to get the other party to go first. Syntax is right about Ebay, its not cheap right now, cheapest buy it now is $45. Much easier to just bite on GMG's great deal.

I got mine back in August right when the Nvidia keys started showing up. I paid 13 CSGO keys for mine, which worked out to $26. I totally assumed I overpaid as things like Arkham Knight plummeted upon release in terms of price, but this one is opposite. I think its well worth it. Other than the FIFA demo today, its literally all Ive played since launch. I'm 44 hours in and 40% completion. There's a shit ton of stuff to do and its got high replayability. I also got Mad Max on the cheap, but I still have not even installed it.

I think Madjoki was hinting, and Headpiece was nyahnyah I copied Madjoki'ing, that he go it in Uttar Pradesh at 3am for 3 cents by calling himself Ravi Shankar.
Nah. Me & Headpiece acquired it 100% legit with GPU.

But someone else from here, who shall go unnamed, did some stuff to get it free for himself.

bread's done
Back