Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So... now Steam added phone verification... and surprise surprise, it doesn't work. I added mine and got an error message saying there's a problem... tried again and same error... and a "too many attempts to add this phone number" message. But I got both SMS on my phone. Valvelicious

So... now Steam added phone verification... and surprise surprise, it doesn't work. I added mine and got an error message saying there's a problem... tried again and same error... and a "too many attempts to add this phone number" message. But I got both SMS on my phone. Valvelicious
Maybe Steam Support will fix this 3 years from now.

HL3 confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I need help from some fake Americans who live at McDonald's and who also use Gamestop to buy Steam keys.

I recently bought a bunch of physical PC games from Gamestop and most of them were sent complete in box (in typical Gamestop crap condition), except for one, which was sold as new, but they only sent me a CD. So I contacted customer support to see if they could send me a replacement since I bought a new game, not a CD in a sleeve.

Two and a half weeks later they send me an email apologizing for the delay, saying they can't get me a replacement since it's completely out of stock... but they gave me a $10 discount coupon for the online store. Which is great! Except I'm not sure I can actually use the digital store because of the site saying "Downloads to U.S. addresses only".

So uh. Anyone know if they block your purchase based on your physical location? I have three US payment methods (Bank card, PayPal, PayPal card) and all of them have my US mailing address on file, but my IP is obviously not American.

So I need help from some fake Americans who live at McDonald's and who also use Gamestop to buy Steam keys.

I recently bought a bunch of physical PC games from Gamestop and most of them were sent complete in box (in typical Gamestop crap condition), except for one, which was sold as new, but they only sent me a CD. So I contacted customer support to see if they could send me a replacement since I bought a new game, not a CD in a sleeve.

Two and a half weeks later they send me an email apologizing for the delay, saying they can't get me a replacement since it's completely out of stock... but they gave me a $10 discount coupon for the online store. Which is great! Except I'm not sure I can actually use the digital store because of the site saying "Downloads to U.S. addresses only".

So uh. Anyone know if they block your purchase based on your physical location? I have three US payment methods (Bank card, PayPal, PayPal card) and all of them have my US mailing address on file, but my IP is obviously not American.
That's a lot of hassle for physical PC games.. y u do dis

FWIW I liked Risen 2 and still thought the DLC for it sucked. The value is just not there. It's either cosmetic crap or a couple of really generic and short phoned in quests with a lot of running around and not much dialog.

I'd say only worry about getting it if you're an OCD completionist and it will keep you up at night not having it.
it actually kinda keep me up at night for not having the Risen 2 dlc. :wall: Even though I didn't even play Risen 1 or Risen 2 yet (just check my bundle list and i still have those 2 games un-redeemed) :drool:

Just use Tunnelbear or Hola. Finding a US VPN is as easy as making fun of MysterD.

for a split second, I thought he was MysterD..
That's b/c Toaster.Net has been expanding.

EDIT:

Just use Tunnelbear or Hola. Finding a US VPN is as easy as making fun of MysterD.
t2_600.gif

There's a new Flying Autumn Bundle out:

Pay at least $1 to get:

Airport Simulator 2014
Grey Cubes
InnerCube
Mystery Game

If you pay at least $1.99, you also get:

Abyss Raiders: Uncharted
Pineview Drive
Playing History 2: Slave Trade
ROGUS – Kingdom of the Lost Souls
Mystery Game

If you pay at least $2.99, you also get:

Ancient Planet
Driving School Simulator
STOORM – Yellow (Full) Edition
Mystery Game

A bunch of repeats and I really don't see any point picking it up until the Mystery games are revealed

It's now possible to play local multiplayer games online with other people with Nvidia Gamestream Co-Op. It's in early beta and has a few limitations right now, along with some bugs with controller detection. Current limitations seem to be 720p/30 fps and a 1 hour time limit. Still, I like the concept and the internet connection requirements are quite low.

If anyone wants to try some local co-op in Resident Evil Revelations 2 with me, let me know.

It's now possible to play local multiplayer games online with other people with Nvidia Gamestream Co-Op. It's in early beta and has a few limitations right now, along with some bugs with controller detection. Current limitations seem to be 720p/30 fps and a 1 hour time limit. Still, I like the concept and the internet connection requirements are quite low.

If anyone wants to try some local co-op in Resident Evil Revelations 2 with me, let me know.
Buy me the game and I'm down.

Buy me the game and I'm down.
You don't need the game. Only the "host" needs it.

"7Mbps of upload bandwidth"

... I barely have 0.65 Mbps. And an ATI card. But my upload speed sucks.
If you're the "guest" PC it doesn't require an Nvidia card. If you're the host, you need Nvidia though. Not like you'd ever be the host, your upload is absolute shit.

It's now possible to play local multiplayer games online with other people with Nvidia Gamestream Co-Op. It's in early beta and has a few limitations right now, along with some bugs with controller detection. Current limitations seem to be 720p/30 fps and a 1 hour time limit. Still, I like the concept and the internet connection requirements are quite low.
Tell them to get that shit working so all the dorks can abandon Ark for Hello Kitty & Sanrio Friends Racing.

So what do I have to do?

Ok, here's the thing. I played some ARK this morning and it's a remarkably competent survival crafty thingy game. For all the cash I've thrown at Savage Lands/Beasts of Prey (seriously, who talked me into that one? Was it you, Motiv?) I could've bought one that actually does the genre justice.

It's quite rough around the edges (I run an R9 280 and it looks very Mediummy, although I'm told it'll get better optimised over time). However, big deal here, it's remarkably fun to play. In just over an hour, I'd figured out how to craft tools, feed myself, kill some mothafucking dodos and even BUILD A HUT.

I subsequently lost said hut but still. It's the first time I've ever managed to do something like that.

Tonight I'm gonna learn how to build a door and I'm slightly embarrassed about how much I'm looking forward to it.

The game is remarkably easy to pick up. I think that's why I've warmed to it so much. Everything has purpose and a point, you don't feel like you're wandering the wilderness waiting for something to happen. Things happen to you. And they're often big and pointy.

:whee:

Looks like Flowette and Drabe have landed on the Ark. Drabe was instantly murdered by titanboas and sarcos but I guess he eventually found a safe spot before leaving to get drunk and take care of the kids. Flowette had some issues getting logged into the server but he used this guide and got it worked out.

Less deal talk, more Ark action.

ARK: Fear Evolved

We have an exciting late-October special event in the works for all ARK Survivors, so fun that we just couldn’t wait to give you a brief preview. For about a week toward the end of October, the ARK will be undergoing a brief seasonal change where the air becomes cooler, the days shorter & the nights longer, the moon a certain shade of red, bats and other nasty creatures appearing above-ground, carvable pumpkins sprouting up, rumors of powerful undead beasts roaming the land -- and emerging from the mists, the mythical Dodorex makes its appearance at last astride an army of bloodthirsty zombie Dodos, with limited edition treats for those Survivors brave enough to take on the many tricks of ARK: Fear Evolved! What a run-on sentence, phew! More details and media will be unveiled as we approach our favorite time of the year, happy hunting Survivors :)

800px-Dodorex_Dossier_2.jpeg

Ok, here's the thing. I played some ARK this morning and it's a remarkably competent survival crafty thingy game. For all the cash I've thrown at Savage Lands/Beasts of Prey (seriously, who talked me into that one? Was it you, Motiv?) I could've bought one that actually does the genre justice.

It's quite rough around the edges (I run an R9 280 and it looks very Mediummy, although I'm told it'll get better optimised over time). However, big deal here, it's remarkably fun to play. In just over an hour, I'd figured out how to craft tools, feed myself, kill some mothafucking dodos and even BUILD A HUT.

I subsequently lost said hut but still. It's the first time I've ever managed to do something like that.

Tonight I'm gonna learn how to build a door and I'm slightly embarrassed about how much I'm looking forward to it.

The game is remarkably easy to pick up. I think that's why I've warmed to it so much. Everything has purpose and a point, you don't feel like you're wandering the wilderness waiting for something to happen. Things happen to you. And they're often big and pointy.

:whee:

Looks like Flowette and Drabe have landed on the Ark. Drabe was instantly murdered by titanboas and sarcos but I guess he eventually found a safe spot before leaving to get drunk and take care of the kids. Flowette had some issues getting logged into the server but he used this guide and got it worked out.

We have an exciting late-October special event in the works for all ARK Survivors, so fun that we just couldn’t wait to give you a brief preview. For about a week toward the end of October, the ARK will be undergoing a brief seasonal change where the air becomes cooler, the days shorter & the nights longer, the moon a certain shade of red, bats and other nasty creatures appearing above-ground, carvable pumpkins sprouting up, rumors of powerful undead beasts roaming the land -- and emerging from the mists, the mythical Dodorex makes its appearance at last astride an army of bloodthirsty zombie Dodos, with limited edition treats for those Survivors brave enough to take on the many tricks of ARK: Fear Evolved! What a run-on sentence, phew! More details and media will be unveiled as we approach our favorite time of the year, happy hunting Survivors :)

Both these posts make me feel better about my decision to fakeybro, but the Halloween event? So much fucking YES! I love Halloween events. Sucker for those. I'll try to get some game time into ARK soon. This weekend by the latest.

I'm planning on buying it before the sale goes off but want to try to sell some more cards first. Unlike Scrooge McDuck Madjoki and Spoder, I don't hoard Steam wallet and actually it tends to burn a hole in my digital pocket so I'm trying to save up as much as I can until the last minute. :p

I'm planning on buying it before the sale goes off but want to try to sell some more cards first. Unlike Scrooge McDuck Madjoki and Spoder, I don't hoard Steam wallet and actually it tends to burn a hole in my digital pocket so I'm trying to save up as much as I can until the last minute. :p
I should do a contest for a free copy but with my luck someone (Madjoki) will win it that never plays.

it actually kinda keep me up at night for not having the Risen 2 dlc. :wall: Even though I didn't even play Risen 1 or Risen 2 yet (just check my bundle list and i still have those 2 games un-redeemed) :drool:
Same boat, but I've given up on ever owning the Risen 2 DLC. It could never be cheap enough to justify the purchase; I would need to get it via a bundle I'm buying for everything but Risen 2.

OMG you guys stop being OCD maniacs. It's a god damned pirate that you can buy much better in the base game and a couple shitty quests with maybe a minute of actual dialog. Just YouTube it for Christ's sake!

OMG you guys stop being OCD maniacs. It's a god damned pirate that you can buy much better in the base game and a couple shitty quests with maybe a minute of actual dialog. Just YouTube it for Christ's sake!
But what about those sweet, sweet +1s!?

yes I know DLC doesn't actually give you +1

Stop making me want to fakey this. By the time I buy it everyone will have moved on.

Edit - I would like to win a free copy.

You people are tempting me to Ark it up and I'm not especially happy about it.

How long is the sale for? Maybe I can Gilby it instead.
It's a midweek so I guess does it last 24 hours past the end date today? I'm never sure. This is how I Gilby'd that shitty Lara Croft game and then had to buy it from a trader for keys.

I'm somewhere between amused and dismayed that Tebow can't drop the "child raised on lead-infused formula" schtick long enough for his political rants.

"TPP bad spansky naughti bad congres to stop it y spanks?" isn't exactly compelling advocacy.

Fallout 4 PC system requirements are up:

http://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/prepare-for-the-future-fallout-4-important-release-info/2015/10/08/35

PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent
Recommended
Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

You people are tempting me to Ark it up and I'm not especially happy about it.

How long is the sale for? Maybe I can Gilby it instead.
It's a midweek so I guess does it last 24 hours past the end date today? I'm never sure. This is how I Gilby'd that shitty Lara Croft game and then had to buy it from a trader for keys.
The Ark sale is actually until tomorrow at Valve Standard Time so you have a whole extra 24 hours to agonize over whether or not to buy it.

bread's done
Back