Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Thanks, pasports. You got rid of my temptation to putingate Mordor
Yeah but now that has me worried that they could be selling dupes for other shit too. They aren't exactly the most together site with the best history to begin with. And he got two dupes in a row so it seems like it's not just a one off.

I never encounter a dupe key with Putingate. 

BTW, NEVER leave your Putingate order pending.  I placed a pending order on Dead Rising 3 and after 2 days, AshotP locked the alt account.

(Basically I was sitting on the idea of buying Dead Rising 3 at that time.  The game is un-optimized and from what my research indicates, the SUPER duper ridiculous DLC was never made for PC.  So if you want a more definitive experience, you'd better off with an Xbox version) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I never encounter a dupe key with Putingate.

BTW, NEVER leave your Putingate order pending. I placed a pending order on Dead Rising 3 and after 2 days, AshotP locked the alt account.

(Basically I was sitting on the idea of buying Dead Rising 3 at that time. The game is un-optimized and from what my research indicates, the SUPER duper ridiculous DLC was never made for PC. So if you want a more definitive experience, you'd better off with an Xbox version)
Or you can use a time machine and get it for free

(Basically I was sitting on the idea of buying Dead Rising 3 at that time. The game is un-optimized and from what my research indicates, the SUPER duper ridiculous DLC was never made for PC. So if you want a more definitive experience, you'd better off with an Xbox version)
Even though it's not optimized well, it still runs better than the Xboxone version. The lack of Super dlc does suck though.

Leave it to Madjoki and Spoder to keep track of all the sites that have glitches for 3 seconds at 4am in Guadalajara. And then remind us about it every time those games come up.

Yep.

Their deals are always posted-up (in a much more readable format w/ price conversations, DRM lists, etc) on Reddit.

EDIT:

From Reddit...

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3xcq1k/gamesplanet_final_xmas_sale_weekend_44_more_than/

Titan Quest Gold [Steam-key] is currently $2.16 on GamesPlanet, which is lowest it's ever been according to ITAD:

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=titanquestgold

Right. It was free for Madjoki. y u no bai/scheistery/glitch get it?

DUH.

I mean it was only free all of European night or whatever.

I still need to play Rogue which won't happen for a while yet.  I suppose I could play Unity as well although my heart isn't really in the idea.

Technically, I also need to play 1, 2, Brotherhood, Revelations and 3 as well, not counting the other franchise filler titles...

Anyway Greenman has Syndicate for $30. Totally legitimately authorised (but not authorized) if you you want to have your face rubbed in shit about how much of a dumbass you are for not spending 24/7 in chat so you could be around the time Madjoki found some schiesty ass way to get it for free

or from me that I got it for 99 cents on Newegg

I suppose I could play Unity as well although my heart isn't really in the idea.
I've been playing ACU of late: graphics are amazing, if you have a PC that can handle it. Seeing France like this...is just gorgeous. It's incredible to look at, set at higher settings.

If you liked AC2 + AC: Rev and wanted more of that type of gameplay-style (i.e. gameplay before any of the pirate-AC's) - ACU so far seems worth playing. I do need to give it more time - to decide if it falls apart, if gameplay gets stale (or not); story-wise + character-wise if it goes anywhere special (or not); and whatnot.

Just....don't expect anything really much here to be new, evolutionary, groundbreaking, or anything of that sort - it doesn't seem like it was built for that...and that they put it out fast for those with high-end PC's and newer-gen consoles to drool over to notice their new-found/improved graphics quality.

TL;DR - Seems like ACU was meant to be a beautiful-looking AC game with the back-to-basics older AC gameplay style.

I'm semi-kidding.  I want to play that Jack the Ripper crap DLC, but I don't see any way to get it other than buying the Season Pass which no way I'm paying $29.99 for that crap so I guess I'll keep waiting.  It's like $19.99 on CDkeys I think.  

@Foxy

I'm holding off on AC: Syndicate until it gets dirt-cheap ($10 or less) or I actually finish more AC games. I'm currently playing ACU; and still haven't started AC: Rogue. I'm falling behind here on the AC's.

I do have a tendency after finishing AC games to not want to be near them, as they can be repetitive as hell b/c they are not short games by any means + b/c put out so damn many of them.

F1sAWyC.png

Thank You Come Again.

F1sAWyC.png

Thank You Come Again.
Do you actually get one for a buck fifty?

Or one can hope someone who bought a card hates UPlay; has to have AC: Syn on Steam; and wants to discount the UPlay key ridiculously on the Cesspool.
*waves hello* I sold my copy for 15 bucks... but I really wanted a Elite Dangerous, hadn't played a AC since the first (so it wasn't going to be at the top of my list) and really didn't think my wife would be happy with me spending more money after getting a 258 dollar video card.

I'm debating doing the putingate on a couple of the early AC games... but I've never done putingate in general so I'm not seeing those sale prices... and I'm lazy.

technically it isn't locked on Uplay but ONLY RUSSIAN language is available if you buy CIS/RU version.

So basically it's Ubisoft way to "region lock" their games. You can activate it but you can't play it unless u know.. eh.. Russian
Pretty sure you could play it... Just not understand what the hell is going on.

*waves hello* I sold my copy for 15 bucks...
MysterD would've bit for sure at $10.

At $15, naw.

After I finish a AC game, I want to get away from it. Too many AC's for me to eventually play (AC: Rogue + AC: Unity mainly) & Shadow of Mordor: GOTY (another AC-like game) seems to be bricking more and more with each day.

Does anyone in here play the Far Cry series? should I start from Far Cry 2 forward or just jump on Far Cry 3? seem dirt cheap on Putingate
Yep, I play them.

I liked FC2, but nowhere as much as FC3+4. FC2's main-quest stuff was good, but that was it; I was disappointed w/ FC2. The side-quest stuff in FC2 was often copy + pasted areas & quests with very little variation (i.e. think of the AC1 problem) - which was my problem w/ the game.

FC3 has a really good mixture of both good side + main quest stuff to do. FC4 is basically more FC3, but instead in a Himalayan area/setting.

None of the FC games are tied together story-wise + plot-wise. So, if that is your concern - eh, don't sweat it. Start where you'd like.

After I finish a AC game, I want to get away from it. Too many AC's for me to eventually play (AC: Rogue + AC: Unity mainly) & Shadow of Mordor: GOTY (another AC-like game) seems to be bricking more and more with each day.
I don't really get the Mordor/AC comparisons... Mordor is Batman with Sword, bow, and dagger.

AC series is a game with one decent mechanic surrounded by a pile of derp
But OMG u hav 2 start from da 1st 1 or u mit mis out on da riveting plot

somethingsomethingtakeoverthebodyofyourancestorsomethingsomethingstababunchofpeoplesomethingsomething

for you, MysterD

a4d0ab1109ff4ad805c3d7739624a74c401196b0.png
I think they just went You know what? Nobody buys single Steam games from us so let's sell it like it's a sale for the Euro GOG Irrationally Steam hating crowd and pretend these games don't all come with Steam keys.

I don't really get the Mordor/AC comparisons... Mordor is Batman with Sword, bow, and dagger.
Granted, I have not played SoM yet - but some have made the comparison of Mordor to both Batman games (b/c of Combat + a similar Detective-like Mode) + the AC series.

A lot of games - especially Ubi's own games themselves - have taken from the whole AC concept of giving the player a huge open-world with tons of a few specific mission types of side-activities littered like crazy all over the map.

are you really going to trust those stupid reviewers when you have somebody on this board who doesn't own a wii recommending a wii game to you?
I do in fact had a wii and I did in fact played this game and can confirm the horrible scores. One of the only games I've ever played to give me motion sickness.

If we're talking the old Crytek Far Cry games - Far Cry 1 PC is where it's at. Graphical marvel + awesome FPS, for its time. Auto-save system sucked, though - as sometimes auto-saves saved at poor times (i.e. health is low, out of ammo, etc) or they felt way too spaced-apart from the next one.

I do in fact had a wii and I did in fact played this game and can confirm the horrible scores. One of the only games I've ever played to give me motion sickness thrills.
Be honest now. Because we totally wouldn't want Agent Ghost to get sick and not be able to come back here and post. That would be a travesty. Let's have him play that game and share in the fun.

Does anyone in here play the Far Cry series? should I start from Far Cry 2 forward or just jump on Far Cry 3? seem dirt cheap on Putingate
Start with Far Cry 3. Far Cry 2 has some significant game play issues such as guard posts that respawn almost instantly (and you have to keep passing through) and a stupid malaria mechanic that's just annoying. I personally liked the game and it has some nice points as well but it's the sort of thing that you either love the rest of the game enough to play despite its flaws or else you're not in love with the rest of the game and say "This is crap" the 95th time you clear the same checkpoint. Statistically, you'll probably fall into the "Eff this" camp.

FC3 & FC4 are essentially the same game but FC4 improves some stuff about FC3 so play FC3 first so you don't miss the extra stuff FC4 changed. None of the games rely on the previous ones although there's a couple callbacks in FC4 for those who've played the series.

Also, I have no idea what the region situation is for the older FC games. FC4 had a ton of people buying it from Uplay India and then it turned out that you had to use a VPN each time you launched the game. But I think that was Uplay noticing that everyone was buying it from India and don't know if region settings apply to the older titles.

bread's done
Back