Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Oh, and saying "Someone got a key from GMG revoked so I might as well buy from G2A/CDKeys" is like saying "Someone got food poisoning from Chili's so I might as well start eating out of dumpsters."  You're not actually helping your odds  :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I gave up on GMG. Starting a few months ago they had huge failure rates with every single one of their pre-orders. Masses of complaints on their forums about duplicate keys and keys not being redeemable. Thats why I stopped caring about where I went because GMG seemed to have the same, or higher, failure rate as places that were considered shady

Though Im definitely not saying g2a/cdkeys/gmg are in the same league as steam or amazon
I've never had an issue with GMG and they are generally forthcoming (at least now) in terms of where they sourced their keys. I personally would suggest that if you have a choice between GMG and CDKeys etc, go with GMG espc since they reveal the source of their keys now. The ONLY issue I've ever had with GMG is in the case of certain things for pre-order and them not getting keys on time b/c Im an impatient SOB. They've had some recent issues in other respects, but they also have generally good customer service. I know they had an issue with some recent games (BLOPS III comes to mind) where they had situations with dupe keys, but they took care of it. The only time I've ever received a dupe key from any site was via Amazon of all places, but luckily Amazon Katie saved the day.

I personally have no issue using the "grey market" depending on price and how badly I want something. Whatever someone else chooses to buy from or not to buy from is their choice, but if questions are asked by other people as to their experience about something, Im going to share mine. I try to avoid G2A almost always, but am not above using them depending on the game in question. I have had good success with CDkeys and will probably use them again unless something occurs that destroys that confidence.

The bottom line with grey market is that there is a risk, no matter how slight or severe of losing a game or money should something occur via a developer deactivation en masse or similar. I see it as no greater risk then when a lot of us traded for Russian Steam gifts, despite the fact Steam never deactivated something the risk was always there of that happening. I truly understand the arguments against grey markets. They are shady, but the cases of developer key deactivation or major issues occurring are mostly rare. We don't hear about things like Rebellion and Ubisoft deactivations often because they dont happen often.

So EA is offering their EA Access program for Origin now. $5 a month. https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/origin-access

Games in the vault as of now are:

Battlefield 4 Deluxe

Battlefield Hardline Deluxe

Battlefield 3

Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe

SimCity

FIFA 15

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Need for Speed Rivals Complete Edition

Dead Space 3

Dragon Age II

Dead Space 2

Dragon Age Origins

Dead Space

The Sims 3 Starter Pack

This War of Mine

EDIT: Ninja'd but there's the game list. If they add Sims 4 and/or Battlefront, I'm sold 100%.

No new main Humble it seems.  Guess they have to take a few weeks off to disappoint again.

re: Origin subscription

That little yarn kitty kat game is kind of cute.

But I can wait an extra week and buy it.

In Mexico.

Or wait for a sale.

And still buy it in Mexico.

some what good deal, for Ea Acess program, i knew it was coming to other platforms, when they first announced it for the xbone. good to be able to scratch that multiplayer fps itch. plus 10% off purchases

I'd have to go a few years without buying any Origin games to consider a subscription. Not a bad deal for the noobz.
Yeah, it's not terrible. Just that most titles go on sale for $5 pretty regularly or are sort of bad fits for this sort of service (Sims 3 is a DLC farm; why not just buy the base game?). If you're going to, I dunno, play all the Dead Space games in a month or something then you'll get your value out of it. That month, anyway.

$60 a year for origin is not horrible.  outside of the multiplayer only games like Battlefield,  who goes back and replays old games.  Back in the day you might have, but now with backlogs 10s, hundreds, 1000's deep why bother. 

it would take you a couple months to get through the dead space and dragon age games anyway

My only issue I've had with GMG is that I tried to buy a game there at 75% and it showed at 75% off in the cart and everything but actually charged me full price.  Had to email their cs back and forth a handful of times before they caught on to what happened and then told me the best they could do was offer me store credit.  $30'ish dollars of gmg credit (that I can't use with their coupons even) is not equal to 30 real dollars.  Only things I've bought from them since was to use up all of the credit I had there, I am still bitter.

On top of which, they figured out a way to make profit from this behavior by linking the acquisition of trading cards to browsing the queue. Not only does this increase visibility on more of the catalog (and probably got some sales, and certainly wishlist additions) but then they get a cut from all the users selling the cards they got on the market.
I forgot about cards and the market and stuff and yeah that's all part of what I was talking about. Think how much they're making off skins if some of the creators are making a comfortable living wage off one or two skins.

Silly EA, don't they know we can get a dozen PC games each month for that and still have change left over for a Taco Bell?

The idea is kind of appealing on XB1 but I don't see the appeal on PC personally with how small and how slowly the vault grows. Not like EA is putting out top notch PC games these days either. Maybe if they gave you XB1 and PC access for the current price it would have been better.

That EA thing is not a bad deal at all really, obviously if you already own some of those games its a bit pointless. Considering I own ALL of the ones on the list already, its barely a consideration for me.

I kind of like the feature included where you get to play things early (i.e. Unravel) but its basically like GameTime where its a specific amount of time and are just early access demos basically. 

For someone who doesn't own these games, its alright. Most of those you can knock out in a month, but obviously the ones that are more open ended in terms of the time you put into those are different but for single player games, its a decent deal.

I wonder if PC being added to the service will force more games to be added on to the service at a more rapid pace?
Xbox one users can find prepaid cards for the service for $30, and they also don't have access anywhere near the open market that pc games are. (There's only Microsoft's little walled garden).

I have ea access on my xbox one.  It allows me to play a game like battlefront for 10 hours and get my fill of it without having to buy it.  I also get discounts on all the sports games my son needs a update of every year.... Madden of course.  The games I get from the valut I download and have tried a few.

Is it worth $5 a month?  I'd pay $5 a month just for 10 hours of battlefront on the xbone!  Would I pay that for my PC?  Nope I'd rather spend that on a GMG mystery bundle!

Decent sale price on DA:Inquisition GOTY is all I need!
Decent sale price on DA:I DLC's would be all I need!

I probably got a better chance of winning the Powerball or (the even better chances of) waiting for a few years for a killer DA:I GOTY sale.

I wonder if PC being added to the service will force more games to be added on to the service at a more rapid pace?
Xbox one users can find prepaid cards for the service for $30, and they also don't have access anywhere near the open market that pc games are. (There's only Microsoft's little walled garden).
There's not a lot of EA PC games these days. It's mostly Sims, BF, and whatever console ports make it over. If you actually look at Origin that's literally the entirety of the service plus a handful of their old games and a smattering of Ubisoft games (and their ironic ability to work together while keeping their games off Steam).

Soooooo Newegg or AMD may have invalidated those new codes!  Gave one of the codes to someone who delayed redeeming the first one I gave them and they delayed again and just tried it and it prompted them to submit a ticket.  Fun times this is becoming!

Soooooo Newegg or AMD may have invalidated those new codes! Gave one of the codes to someone who delayed redeeming the first one I gave them and they delayed again and just tried it and it prompted them to submit a ticket. Fun times this is becoming!
So maybe it doesn't pay to be a douchebag after all. :p

Nuuvem has Mega Man Legacy Collection for $6.20ish
Did you actually try to buy it? Most of their stuff is Paypal locked these days.

Pssh, they weren't even like "How unusually charitable of you, can't I at least offer something in return to show my appreciation?"

I can see maybe making a one time payment of a few bucks to play the singleplayer games EA is offering in that service. But lots of those games have been in bundles, given away, or on sale cheap.

I like having my games accessible when I get around to playing them... not just if I've paid my monthly bill. Games as a service is a bit of a turnoff and the selection is going to have to be a lot better than that for me to reconsider.

Was just listing some cards and it prompted to me to use the stupid mobile authenticator. These are like .11 jobbies, so dunno if they instituted this on everything now or if its just a glitch, but annoying.

EDIT: Dunno why it did that, just instant sold a booster pack and it didnt require authentication, but on instant sale of two specific cards it did.

Every once in a great while there's some random cheap ass card it wants to authenticate. It's not very frequently and can't find any particular rhyme or reason to it but it's happened for a while to me.

I lose internet access for a day and EA comes out with a subscription service for PCs. Jeez.

re: Origin subscription

That little yarn kitty kat game is kind of cute.

But I can wait an extra week and buy it.

In Mexico.

Or wait for a sale.

And still buy it in Mexico.
This service isn't available here, btw. And if it was, there's a good chance a majority of the games will be region locked and unavailable, same as a bunch of other games EA sells.

Yeah there was a bunch of people over at the United Nations of Reddit complaining that it wasn't in their country.

There were also some dumbasses saying they would sub via Mexico vpn which obviously is a problem if they aren't offering the service in Mexico. :p

Every once in a great while there's some random cheap ass card it wants to authenticate. It's not very frequently and can't find any particular rhyme or reason to it but it's happened for a while to me.
Alright well that sets me at ease, it was random af. Perhaps it just wants to check in or something.

Since the damn authenticator has been in place I hadnt even used it officially. Even trading has been for CD keys or Paypal.

FWIW the cheap card authentication bug has happened to me both with email authentication and the phone authentication. In fact it first happened to me before the phone auth even existed, so that's not the cause. It's just some random mostly harmless glitch that Valve will probably never notice or fix. :p

Yeah there was a bunch of people over at the United Nations of Reddit complaining that it wasn't in their country.

There were also some dumbasses saying they would sub via Mexico vpn which obviously is a problem if they aren't offering the service in Mexico. :p
One big hurdle is the cost, $5 is currently 85 pesos, which is not a lot of money for a monthly subscription fee. Netflix, for example, charges 99 pesos a month. You can get pirated games for about that price, if not less, anywhere here (console ones, but still, Mexico is much more focused on console gaming than PC gaming.)

So IF they try to have this service here they're going to have to raise the price to make it even remotely viable... and people won't bother paying the sub fee, they'll just go pirate the games. They may end up losing customers because of it.

I was going by the Spoder people who originally grabbed 5 or more copies rule, but really to complete the douchebaggery you do have to charge your good friends $8 and say "Bitch this ain't no charity!".
To be fair, Spoder only charged Fox $5 for the game. The other $3 was for the SpoderShield Protection Plan.

Overpriced? Maybe... but Fox is glad he paid!

bread's done
Back