Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Wait, you have to be interested in a game to buy it? Here I've been doing it wrong all these years!
Well, to pay that much. Throw it into a $2.99 Bundlestars pack and get back to me.

Every Best Buy in my general area shows Dying Light (PC) as in stock so I'm guessing it'll be an easy pick-up for those who want it.

Oh, please. We both know that if that was the case, I'd NEVER show up to play. I suck at everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dying Light PC (steam key) boxed retail is on clearance for $11.99 at Best Buy right now. You can save the shipping by doing store pickup. Most of the stores around me have copies in stock. YMMV of course.

If you're mostly a console person who dabbles occasionally in PC and have GCU then you can knock another 20% off bringing it down to $9.60, but most of us I think aren't into paying for our discounts.
Since I don't have GCU, I'm going to try to see if Best Buy will take my Fruity Pebbles box tops in exchange for 20% off...wish me luck!!!

Dying Light PC (steam key) boxed retail is on clearance for $11.99 at Best Buy right now. You can save the shipping by doing store pickup. Most of the stores around me have copies in stock. YMMV of course.

If you're mostly a console person who dabbles occasionally in PC and have GCU then you can knock another 20% off bringing it down to $9.60, but most of us I think aren't into paying for our discounts.
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up Dying Light. I'm a console guy who dabbles in PC and have GCU. I saw that it had gone down to at least $14.99 last night in store. But my local store wasn't showing it in stock. I had a $5 rewards certificate and was eligible for free shipping as well. I was having trouble adding it to my cart at 1st but the order went through.

71pNr9WTJ9L._SL256_.jpg

just gonna leave this here for mysterD

How reliable is Green Man Gaming when it comes to sending out keys for preload or release day?

I picked up Tomb Raider Rises with the 25% Off recently and I am debating taking the Friday it releases off, but want to make sure it won't be in vain.

How reliable is Green Man Gaming when it comes to sending out keys for preload or release day?

I picked up Tomb Raider Rises with the 25% Off recently and I am debating taking the Friday it releases off, but want to make sure it won't be in vain.
y u do dis. It's easy to find Nvidia codes from the newegg glitch going for around $28.

Sold out at the two I would be willing to drive to... Guess that's okay. That okay, I guess. I know they have some sort of patch that's coming only for new buyers and like season pass owners.

Seems safer to wait to me...

y u do dis. It's easy to find Nvidia codes from the newegg glitch going for around $28.
Yeah, I was looking at eBay and $30 seems to be the base price for the Nvidia codes.

Still, the last TR game (and Hitman: Ab) dropped in price pretty quick so I still haven't convinced myself that it's worth it.

Sold out at the two I would be willing to drive to... Guess that's okay. That okay, I guess. I know they have some sort of patch that's coming only for new buyers and like season pass owners.

Seems safer to wait to me...
There's free shipping at $35 or more in case there's anything else you want there, but otherwise I guess wait and see what's up with that game.

Yeah, that's my thought. And even if stuff isn't bottoming out like it used to
It really isn't. 2K used to be good for deep discounts but they've been super chintzy with Civ Beyond Earth. Not even a cheap sale before the inevitable 3 different gold/platium/super/uber GOTY packs after various expansions come out.

Outside of a few issues (Battlefront and Fallout 4, I think?) they're usually pretty good. Better news is that their page for Rise indicates that the key is sourced directly from Square-Enix (and not shady back-alley trench coat guy "authorized source") so I would think you've got a pretty good chance of having it no later than on release day.

It really isn't. 2K used to be good for deep discounts but they've been super chintzy with Civ Beyond Earth. Not even a cheap sale before the inevitable 3 different gold/platium/super/uber GOTY packs after various expansions come out.
I'm really hoping this doesn't become a new trend because it sure is seeming like it. We're just not seeing discounts like we used to...

At least DLC was -75% day one!

That's like the reverse of EA and Bethesda, get the DLC cheap but you have to pay a lot for the base!

Someone gift me Rocket League and I'll play with you guys. Of course, I could just play it on PS4 since it's cross platform, but that's not the same.

Someone gift me Rocket League and I'll play with you guys. Of course, I could just play it on PS4 since it's cross platform, but that's not the same.
It only connects to PSN people randomly anyway (from what I've heard). Can't invite them to lobbies. It's nice for playing with randoms, but not so much with friends.

Didn't know that. Seems kind of pointless to do it that way.
I'm guessing it'd be a hassle to implement a way to connect your PSN account to steam.. but it's not like it hasn't been done before (Valve did it with Portal 2).

Okay, I'm here for the obligatory PS+ IS NOT FREE YOU PAY A MONTHLY FEE TO RENT THOSE GAMES!
ur l8, i said that already

I'm guessing it'd be a hassle to implement a way to connect your PSN account to steam.. but it's not like it hasn't been done before (Valve did it with Portal 2).

ur l8, i said that already
Technically, your post only distinguished between ownership and rental, whereas the emphasis in my post is the fact it is not free. So therefore, you lose and I win the internet.

Not available within 250 miles locally, so I'd have to get it shipped.

Is the Steam key region locked? I want to get a copy for a friend, but she lives in NL. What stopped me from buying the digital version from Indiegala was that it said it would only work in the region that it was bought, so I'm wondering if it's the same for the key that comes with the disc.

I have a pretty large library of Steam games (over 1600), and I have yet to have a game you guys have brofested in the couple weeks since I joined in the fray.

Eventually!

I'm guessing it'd be a hassle to have to connect your PSN account to steam.. but it's not like it hasn't been done before (Valve did it with Portal 2).
I doubt Valve's implementation is open for third-parties thought. They could just allow inviting PSN user in-game. (eg. by sharing code). I don't think it uses Steamworks Lobbies, so PSN users wouldn't really need to link Steam account.

Not available within 250 miles locally, so I'd have to get it shipped.

Is the Steam key region locked? I want to get a copy for a friend, but she lives in NL. What stopped me from buying the digital version from Indiegala was that it said it would only work in the region that it was bought, so I'm wondering if it's the same for the key that comes with the disc.
https://steamdb.info/app/239140/subs/

Shows NA versions and ROW versions, so I there might be a risk that this would be an NA only key?

I assume NL is Netherlands? So you would want a ROW key?

https://steamdb.info/app/239140/subs/

Shows NA versions and ROW versions, so I there might be a risk that this would be an NA only key?

I assume NL is Netherlands? So you would want a ROW key?
Yup, Netherlands. So, if anyone's already bought the game and activated the key, it'd be nice to know if Steam showed it as NA or ROW.

The NA key should mostly be ROW though, excluding Japan, Germany, Russia, and a few other countries I've never heard of.
I guess I can buy two copies, open one to get a key and have her try it first. If it doesn't work for her, just activate it on my account and return the unopened copy to BB.

Anyone play RollerCoaster Tycoon? The Triple pack is on Bundle Stars for $7.49. The reviews in general seem to be good, but anyone here with actual experience playing any of the 3? Worthy?

Anyone play RollerCoaster Tycoon? The Triple pack is on Bundle Stars for $7.49. The reviews in general seem to be good, but anyone here with actual experience playing any of the 3? Worthy?
First one was pretty fun though must be at least somewhat dated at this point.

Might be worth poutine-broing.

bread's done
Back