Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I guess they've had to so long to justify that, and Tony certainly didn't discourage it, that they're swimming in de Nile.

I mean, I've bought a couple of things from Nuuvem too and my address suddenly reverts to my old Delaware address when I am buying digital content on Amazon ( a rarity these days :p), but I'm not going to come up with some long convoluted argument why it's legitimate. It's not.
Actually I was thinking me buying from Nuuvem isn't as illegal as Euro Spendthrifts buying from Amazon. I didn't lie about my address to Nuuvem. And their pages are very internationally oriented with region lock information, unlike Amazon.

Reddit is just full of morans. Are they seriously comparing Nuuvem to a site that has a monthly subscription available to make sure you don't get ripped off, that regularly has CD keys revoked, and has a Ponzi scheme for new customers (Gold Mine)? I was just under the impression that Nuuvem was sold keys from publishers in batches at Brazilian pricing, and intended for Brazilian customers. They at least require a VPN a good amount of the time...

Pretty sure Nuuvem hasn't had a single key revoked as of yet. G2A is just a different beast entirely that I assume most of us, as cheap as we are, don't even bother with.
Yeah, it's really some G2A troll I bet... it's totally the wrong comparison. There's a wee bit of difference between selling scanned physical codes and normal legit digital codes. A better comparison would be buying from Steam's Eastern Bloc storefront.

Avant is a 3-core browser that can use for its renderer Firefox, Chrome, IE Compatible, and IE9.

Plus, it has tons of customization features + options.

While I do like Google Chrome and use it here + there - namely, I prefer Chrome for downloading purposes from a web-browser over Avant b/c Avant can be flaky about even doing DL's sometimes. Also, as Motoki suggest - Chrome is nice w/ its English translation feature.
Broken toaster uses a broken browser.

The co-op sale price on Broforce is pretty lame, but I did want to mention that I've found it to be a highly entertaining sidescrolling shooter. You constantly unlock new characters with new abilities and it's extremely easy to stop and pick up where you left off at any time. So, even though it's a game where I find my self saying "just one more level", it's one I know I can jump in and play when I only have a little bit of time. The worlds are completely destructible and it's just over-the-top ridiculous fun.

It's definitely worth a spot on the wishlist if you like these sorts of games.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're using Hola Unblocker to buy stuff from Nuuvem then you're probably breaking some terms of sale agreement or something. Most games aren't restricted like that, only the ones sold by companies that love to gouge people with DLC.

Is it illegal? No, but if people keep doing it then all that's going to happen is that the store will be completely locked out for foreigners. So...

The co-op sale price on Broforce is pretty lame, but I did want to mention that I've found it to be a highly entertaining sidescrolling shooter. You constantly unlock new characters with new abilities and it's extremely easy to stop and pick up where you left off at any time. So, even though it's a game where I find my self saying "just one more level", it's one I know I can jump in and play when I only have a little bit of time. The worlds are completely destructible and it's just over-the-top ridiculous fun.

It's definitely worth a spot on the wishlist if you like these sorts of games.
Been hoping Broforce would show up in a HiB, but how does it compare to the F2P game Expendabros?

Been hoping Broforce would show up in a HiB, but how does it compare to the F2P game Expendabros?
I wasn't even aware of Expendabros, so I can't comment directly, but I did see this explanation in a SPUF discussion thread:

more levels, more bros, deathmatch, races, custom stages, user created levels, online play...and a campaign that is longer/ not done yet.

free lives have also said they will support it for a while.

whereas, expendibros is more like a short demo missing key bros and features.

I use FireFox for the renderer for Avant.

I like that I can switch b/t Renderers of Chrome + Firefox.

I have no use for IE Renderer.
head-explosion-o.gif

Broken toaster uses a broken browser.
Namely, Avant doesn't like doing DRM-FREE downloads directly via HumbleBundle's site - for some reason; no matter what renderer I select.

Otherwise, it's fine for downloads.

And Chrome is broken, too. On Youtube, sometimes it won't render videos in HD (720p) or above. Avant fixes this, as I can just switch to a different renderer and not deal w/ this bullcrap issue - never have this problem w/in Avant, when using Firefox renderer.

Also, for Google Play music MP3 downloads - it's best to use Chrome to do downloads b/c downloads via Chrome browser are unlimited; but they're limited (to 2 downloads) when you use other browsers (IE, Firefox & anything else that ain't Chrome).

The point is - you can't win. Life is a losing game.

It's always good to try multiple browsers for specific reasons and see which you like best that fits for you for most of your time.

Avant does it for me. While maybe Firefox does it for one person, or Chrome does it for some here - everyone should use what they like, no matter what other people think.

The point is - you can't win. Life is a losing game.

It's always good to try multiple browsers for specific reasons and see which you like best that fits for you for most of your time.
YOUR LIFE may be a losing game because YOU can't find one browser that fulfills your anal needs. I use Firefox and it works just fine.

Edit: If he's ever on life support, I bet MysterD has a DNR that specifically states they can pull the plug unless "there's an internet browser that can do it all."

LIFE is a losing game because YOU can't find one browser that fulfills your anal needs. I use Firefox and it works just fine.
I used to use Firefox all the time, until the 560 Ti web-browser hard-lock/freeze issue cropped up in one of their drivers.

I began testing out and downloading other browsers - and basically, Avant won b/c it's hard-lock only froze the browser up, not my entire PC.

And, I really liked its numerous options + customizations; and triple-renderer switching.

Not sure if the GF 560 Ti driver-issue w/ web-browsing hard-locking ever got fixed, but I could kind of careless by now. I'm happy w/ Avant.

And if you're happy w/ Firefox for youself - isn't that all that matters for you?

I used to use Firefox all the time, until the 560 Ti web-browser hard-lock/freeze issue cropped up in one of their drivers.

I began testing out and downloading other browsers - and basically, Avant won b/c it's hard-lock only froze the browser up, not my entire PC.

And, I really liked its numerous options + customizations; and triple-renderer switching.

Not sure if the GF 560 Ti driver-issue w/ web-browsing hard-locking ever got fixed, but I could kind of careless by now. I'm happy w/ Avant.

And if you're happy w/ Firefox for youself - isn't that all that matters for you?
Yes, but cease your droning on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on andonandonandonandonandonandoandon

If we were in person, "politely changing the subject" would've been stepped over long ago and "daggers in the eyes" would be in full force.

And Chrome is broken, too. On Youtube, sometimes it won't render videos in HD (720p) or above.
I use to have this problem with Chrome, but it hasn't been an issue since many updates ago. I was a die hard Firefox user until jshakles Enhanced Steam. I didn't feel like messing with greasemonkey in the early builds and the Chrome version was being updated far faster, so I made the switch and haven't looked back.

Do it. Become one of the Chrome sheep.

Yes, but cease your droning on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on andonandonandonandonandonandoandon

If we were in person, "politely changing the subject" would've been stepped over long ago and "daggers in the eyes" would be in full force.
You make comments to me, jokes to me, quote me, etc etc - then expect me to likely reply back.

Don't like my reasoning of why I do what I do and use what I use? Then, I don't know what to tell you.

I explained myself plenty here.

Now, moving on....

You make comments to me, jokes to me, quote me, etc etc - then expect me to likely reply back.

Don't like my reasoning of why I do what I do and use what I use? Then, I don't know what to tell you.

I explained myself plenty here.

Now, moving on....
No you haven't. For example, Avent is in windows only, what do you use on mac or linux?

I use to have this problem with Chrome, but it hasn't been an issue since many updates ago. I was a die hard Firefox user until jshakles Enhanced Steam. I didn't feel like messing with greasemonkey in the early builds and the Chrome version was being updated far faster, so I made the switch and haven't looked back.

Do it. Become one of the Chrome sheep.
I follow my own drum-beat.

I was never the biggest fan of Chrome anyways. Enhanced Steam is pretty good, by the way - always liked that extension. JShack did a great job w/ that.

I've always preferred Firefox over Chrome for the most part, though.

EDIT:

No you haven't. For example, Avent is in windows only, what do you use on mac or linux?
Simple. I don't use Mac or Linux.

I'm a Windows guy.

I ain't never had a problem with AOL Explorer. It works for me and it renders my chat rooms all at once ;)

I had problems with chrome in AAA review chat and problems with Firefox in 75% off or better chat. Opera gave me issues with DRM-FREE chat IE, well I ain't never used it ;)

AOL Explorer works best for my chat room needs

If its ok for the cover of a magazine surely it must be ok for the interwebs
Not in systemically racist America. Isn't that half of the offensive and threatening gesture known as Hands up! Don't shoot!? ESPN should be apologizing to the Saint Louis Police Department for threatening their fragile egos this way.

Not in systemically racist America. Isn't that half of the offensive and threatening gesture known as Hands up! Don't shoot!? ESPN should be apologizing to the Saint Louis Police Department for threatening their fragile egos this way.
I'd like an apology for that cover, too. For different reasons, obviously. I was eating

bread's done
Back