Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I think my main annoyance with asking advice on CAG is the tendency for people to be like "don't do that, do this."

Like people will literally ask:

I need a laptop, any you recommend?

And you get a ton of "Don't buy a laptop, build your own desktop."

Or people will ask "What's the best gaming headset I can get for $20?"

And you get a ton of "Don't waste your money, save up $150 and buy a good one."

I'm not saying it necessarily comes from a bad place, but sometimes people just want what they want.
I completely agree with the first one... Ones an apple the other is an orange. The second example... Not so much. I think you owe it to the person asking advice to give them advice... and at 20 dollars for a gaming headset? Its likely pissing money away as at some point they are going to be out an extra 20 bucks when they get around to getting the headset they should have gotten first because their 20 dollar headset failed them.

But in the end its just advice... Someone is free to do whatever it is they want to do with their money.

As for steam machines... They aren't for me but that doesn't mean they aren't for someone else... But Alienware? Shit that's pissing even more money away. Way too much buck for the bang you get.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like people will literally ask:

I need a laptop, any you recommend?

And you get a ton of "Don't buy a laptop, build your own desktop."
I actually wouldn't mind hearing what some gamers feel are worthwhile PC gaming laptops, especially in the bang-for-buck department.

EDIT:

I think I'll just buy a WiiU.
But what if Bayonetta 1+2 actually one day get PC ports? :p

for people that like the drama/debate of building or modifying a pre-built, Slickdeals has hours and hours of entertainment for you.  anytime a new deal i.e. HP or Dell people discuss modifying, DIY, etc...

the good news is that there are options, I think Neuro posted a nice summary of what you can do

and yes, we need a net nanny

y u guys no get Alienware Alpha for $190 3 months ago?

I'm planning to do a desktop build this month. I just can't depend on my laptop anymore as a primary PC, let alone for gaming.

I know what CPU and GPU I want to get. Hardest part is figuring out the motherboard and case, as well as finding a good power supply (probably the one thing you don't want to skimp on).

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. And thank you, StryderOmega, for the Reddit link. I've got a lot of the games on that list on my PS3/PS4/Xbox/Xbox One, but there are a few like The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom that I haven't seen on sale on console, others that are PC exclusive, and some that I might just rebuy for the hell of it, so I'll probably get a $50 Steam card this weekend and buy a bunch because consoles rarely see sales this good.
Welcome to the joys of PC gaming. Enjoy all the ridiculous cheap games and growing a giant backlog you'll never be able to play all of.

And if you haven't picked up on it already, keep an eye on the bundle sites (Humble Bundle, Bundlestars, Indiegala, etc). You can grab a ton of games on the cheap this way.

BRO ALERT
I set up an event in March for UT3 and will get the others out there too. All bros need to pick up the unreal deal pack while it's on sale!

Is there a way to check your Steam Wallet via the mobile app? I had previously loaded a gift card a while back and bought a few games, but I'm trying to view the remaining balance.

Is there a way to check your Steam Wallet via the mobile app? I had previously loaded a gift card a while back and bought a few games, but I'm trying to view the remaining balance.
Android or iOS?

Android - open the menu, tap Store, tap Account Details.

I don't use the app but if you go to the website, login, and then click the square thingy on the tip left hand side you'll see your balance right under your username.

Granted, if you've never logged into steam from that moble phone (and that browser) steam guard is going to give you a big FU.

You can see your balance under community, market in the app. It will show at the top.

BRO ALERT
I set up an event in March for UT3 and will get the others out there too. All bros need to pick up the unreal deal pack while it's on sale!
Nice, I'm a fan of the UT series. Might have to free some nights up so I can crush you guys in more FPS games.

I think I'll just buy a WiiU.
H1C57bg.jpg

Only missing a fridge.

State of Decay 'complete remastered edition' 75% off, $7.49

Yay or nay?

I don't own and haven't played the original release.

State of Decay 'complete remastered edition' 75% off, $7.49

Yay or nay?

I don't own and haven't played the original release.
The game is worth buying (and playing). The majority of the bad reviews are coming from the fact that the developer ended up charging full price for the new game which only included a graphics update and people thought they should have gotten upgraded for free.

Looks like we'll have to rely on wasting Bing-made Amazon Gift Card $ on crap deals; finding glitches; waiting a good while before actual good deals hit digital stores; and/or actually playing our damn backlogs.

BORING.
Somebody tell me where the cheapest legit-ish place I can get a Uplay key for The Crew'a expac is. God that was a bad sentence.
I played some of The Crew this morning and I loved it. Big open world, just enough to keep you busy without getting completely overrun. I likes it a lot.
Shut up its proper racing*.
Nuuvem has the season pass and wild run at ok prices, but don't know if they are buyable or usable outside Brazil does Uplay region lock? Does it region lock expansions?

Edit- Paypal banning VPN now? So much for this. And Putingate.

I saw that yesterday. Should I be worried?

I use Private Internet Access for... reasons. Tempted to buy a year's pass before it he's blocked.
I guess if you pay for your VPN (via Paypal) I suppose...if you are using (free) TunnelBear or Hola then I don't see how this announcement will affect that...unless they go out of business of course....cut off a head and two more will grow in its place...

Eh, it's just saying that Paypal won't run the charges for (some) paid VPNs.  So if you use PIA, the next time you resub you might have to run your card directly through them or use Visa Checkout or some other service.  It doesn't really have much to do with the end user at all.

Nuuvem has the season pass and wild run at ok prices, but don't know if they are buyable or usable outside Brazil does Uplay region lock? Does it region lock expansions?

Edit- Paypal banning VPN now? So much for this. And Putingate.
thatsnothowitworks.gif

Putingate does not involve using paypal on a vpn. If you do it that way you're doing it wrong.

That said, the watchful eye of Ashot seems to be manually reviewing all 'Russian' orders lately.

Me and him must have an understanding though because he still lets all my orders go through.

Paypal = fuck capitalist bastards
ftfy, since there's a huge difference between communism and capitalism, and they apparently brainwash kids into thinking communism is the evil one and our happy cutthroat shitfest capitalist economy is great. Also, the K-12 teaching and classroom methods we use in America were developed by communists.

Regardless...

firefly-heart-of-gold_featured_photo_gallery.jpg

Has anyone spent time playing around with Tabletop Simulator?  Every time it goes on sale I think I want to buy it.  Is it awesome or does it suck?

bread's done
Back