Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
And Guild Wars 2 just announced their first XPAC.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-the-first-guildwars2-expansion/

f347d2015-01_Expansion_Sidebar.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOUk2y0K2m8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=147x-wbCer0

Last edited by a moderator:
So is it going "back to form" like the original games, a la Legend of Grimrock, or another one of the crappy remake?
He definitely is referring to the real Bard Tale's and not that one that shall not be mentioned. Whether he makes good on it, we shall see, but his intentions seem to be a sequel to the real Bard's Tale games. Read here:

Brian Fargo and InXile Entertainment announced a new chapter to the classic RPG dungeon-crawler series at PAX South today. This single player PC-centric installment won't be a complete throwback-style game like Wasteland 2, and instead The Bard's Tale 4 will attempt to modernize and revitalize the genre - sort of like how Hearthstone approached the card game.

"This is a special game for me," says Fargo. "It was the first game that really put Interplay on the map, and it just happens that this will fall on the 30th anniversary."

The game will feature modern day approaches to graphics, sound, and design while revisiting all the locales and classes that players love from the early installments in the series like the town of Skara Brae. The game will be a dungeon crawler through and through, but don't expect to have to bust out the old-school tools. HUD elements will be kept to a minimum, there will be plenty of puzzles, and immersion will be the focus.

"I don't think in this day and age we can make you break out the graph paper," says Fargo. "We might have a hardcore mode for that."

He definitely is referring to the real Bard Tale's and not that one that shall not be mentioned. Whether he makes good on it, we shall see, but his intentions seem to be a sequel to the real Bard's Tale games. Read here:
Fantastic! Thanks for the great news. I have very fond memories of playing the original 3 games with my brothers on our old Apple II.

So an update on the 970 issue in case you haven't seen it yet. It's hardware and cannot be fixed. The way it was cut down from the 980 is that there are two partitions, 3.5 GB which has priority access, and .5 GB. According to Nvidia, average FPS is only a little affected. However users say the real problem is the stuttering and variance, etc.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/does-the-geforce-gtx-970-have-a-memory-allocation-bug.html

I guess if you want to use Ultra Textures, SLI (either now or later) be careful.

1. Remaster (and its derivations, frequently found in the phrases digitallyremastered or digital remastering) refers to quality enhancement of sound and/or picture to a previously existing recording.

I don't know why I'm not in a hurry to play D3. I LOVED D1 and D2. Tried Torchlight 1 & 2, both are awesome games... but I'm never in a mood to play them.
The question is - how many hours did you sink into D1, D2, TL1, and TL2 altogether? And how recently did you play some of those?

I know for sure - if I just finished say a ARPG, my next game is likely....not a ARPG. It'll be something else entirely - like say a driving game, adventure game, or a straight-up shooter.

Also, if I do a major time-sink of a game that's 20-30 hours or especially if it's more, the next game...likely is going to be something much shorter.

What in the hell is this, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Remastered?

This is remastered??

81nRIo5aZ8L._SL1500_.jpg
Interesting at a Fahrenheit version (being listed as Uncut) being rated M, since those were originally rated AO.

I'm sure many will be happy to see Fahrenheit completely uncut hitting Steam.

I'm curious what the heck's remastered here.

Better textures? Any new scenes not in the original Fahrenheit?

Did they add resolution support?

(Without mods, 1080p is not there in the original Fahrenheit.)

LOL... you sure have a different notion of timesink.
I don't think many games anymore have that kind of staying power or are as long as they used to be.

After 20-30 hours, I'm ready to move onto something else for a bit.

Maybe a Bethesda or BioWare game (except Skyrim) can get me past the 40 hour mark and still keep me w/ the same game until I finish the base-game - but honestly, that's about it, these days.

Sometimes, I think it's best to take some of these big + really huge games - especially these really open-world ones (Skyrim, TDU2, Far Cry 3) - in smaller chunks for a while; and say not go for 100 hours w/out playing something else. Some of these games, can get to be monotonous, after a while.

Interesting at a Fahrenheit version (being listed as Uncut) being rated M, since those were originally rated AO.

Original didn't work with newer OS / 64bit due to some crazy DRM?

Seems like it should be labeled Rehashed Edition.

I have the worst fuck ing luck with cards. I'll see a card I'm about to sell only has a handful of listings, the lowest being something like $0.28. Price history shows a handful of sales over the past week or two around that price. So I'll post it for maybe $0.25. Check an hour later and there are 10 listings at $0.08. I'm not even talking about games that got cards or were in a bundle that same day.

I suck at Steam markets.

I have the worst fuck ing luck with cards. I'll see a card I'm about to sell only has a handful of listings, the lowest being something like $0.28. Price history shows a handful of sales over the past week or two around that price. So I'll post it for maybe $0.25. Check an hour later and there are 10 listings at $0.08. I'm not even talking about games that got cards or were in a bundle that same day.

I suck at Steam markets.
I hear you. I had Project Night night idling as soon as the Lazyguys email arrived, and by the first card drop, my $47.00 regular got undercut within 15 minutes, the bastards.

Squirreltopia codes + social experiment!

7PVR9-97ZCX-G5M2J
WJAHQ-3RR0G-GG08V
8JKLN-TGWQV-XHKEL
WRC4R-HTBZ2-ZKWTK
5FD5R-9ZH84-WT0I7

If you took one, quote this message and tell me what you intend to do with it - i.e. never play, backlog, will play right away :)

7PVR9-97ZCX-G5M2J
WJAHQ-3RR0G-GG08V
8JKLN-TGWQV-XHKEL
WRC4R-HTBZ2-ZKWTK
5FD5R-9ZH84-WT0I7

If you took one, quote this message and tell me what you intend to do with it - i.e. never play, backlog, will play right away :)
Took the first one: 7PVR9-97ZCX-G5M2J. Backlogging it for now.

5FD5R-9ZH84-WT0I7

Thanks! I'll backlog it for eventual play; if not "soon" then certainly next the time I do a backlog experiment.

[snip]
WRC4R-HTBZ2-ZKWTK
[snip]

Never heard of it.

Will backlog or never play.

+1 to Steam count!

Of course I chose the moment some keys get dropped to go get my laundry. Back to Saints Row IV for me i suppose.

Tried the only code not claimed by someone and it's already used. I'm glad at least 4 people claimed some.

B/c we were allocated only 3.5GB, when they clearly should've given us 4GB.
This isn't the first time cut-down GPU's have had funny behavior in their high address RAM. IIRC the GTX 660 Ti had lower bandwidth for it's last 0.5 GB of RAM in the 2GB models (the 3GB models didn't suffer).

bread's done
Back