Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I still have a version of ToME on my hard drive from about four and a half years ago that I've barely touched, actually, so one day I'll get the current version and play both, I guess.
Which version? There have been many, stretching back to when it was a Zangband varient called PernAngband. http://te4.org/wiki/Tome_history

No, it's one of several I have on Steam but am reluctant to learn. The only Roguelike I've played on Steam is the bit of Dredmore I played for the Winter Sale thing that year. Aside from a few Mystery Dungeon games, it's been Net*Hack or nothing.
Back in the day, roguelike really meant NetHack and Angband. Players tended to gravitate toward one or the other and generally not bother with the other, with NetHack being the more popular by a good margin.

If anyone plans on playing BTPS now that Aurelia has unlocked, don't grind purples until it gets patched again...

It has come to our attention that the January 27 game update for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, which releases alongside the Lady Hammerlock Pack, has an unforeseen issue.

Specifically, when the update is applied, putting three items of purple rarity into the Grinder has the potential to cause a crash. The team is hard at work at addressing this issue as quickly as possible -- until then, we recommend players use the Grinder at their own risk.

Should players not wish to receive this update, which is required to play online and access the Lady Hammerlock Pack, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players should not accept the update when prompted to download while Steam players can put Steam into Offline Mode.

We'll share more information on the resolution to this issue as soon as we have it confirmed -- keep an eye on the Knowledge Base article here for the latest.

Just a quick FYI:

If you're interested in Dying Light, there's a bug with RU+CIS 4 pack copies and they're able to be gifted (dunno about traded) to any region at the moment. I picked one up for 7 keys on the relaunched Steamtrades and it activated fine (currently downloading). There is no restriction applied and its confirmed playable in just about every region already from others who have picked it up. They apparently closed the loophole with 4 packs recently, but this game slipped through the crack I guess.

There's always a potential they could retroactively lock these or add a "onlyallowrunin" tag to it as its a different SubID, but they've yet to do this to any game so I think the risk is minimal, but as always there is always a risk of that happening at some point.
Did you get it for 7 TF2 Keys or CSGO keys? If so, could you PM who you got it from?

Thanks!

Just a quick FYI:

If you're interested in Dying Light, there's a bug with RU+CIS 4 pack copies and they're able to be gifted (dunno about traded) to any region at the moment. I picked one up for 7 keys on the relaunched Steamtrades and it activated fine (currently downloading). There is no restriction applied and its confirmed playable in just about every region already from others who have picked it up. They apparently closed the loophole with 4 packs recently, but this game slipped through the crack I guess.

There's always a potential they could retroactively lock these or add a "onlyallowrunin" tag to it as its a different SubID, but they've yet to do this to any game so I think the risk is minimal, but as always there is always a risk of that happening at some point.
I'd take the gamble if I didn't have to deal with key wrangling and third party website trading.

I'm always confused when someone compares how enjoyable something is to an eternity of torment, but they mean that it looks like a positive experience.
Cold as hell then?

proof-that-heaven-is-hotter-than-hell-resized-776x10241.png

Did you get it for 7 TF2 Keys or CSGO keys? If so, could you PM who you got it from?

Thanks!
CSGO. Dude I got it from is out now and isnt getting more. I already tried to get a buddy a copy.

If you buy CSGO keys from the in-game store, they're tradable. I dunno about TF2, but most traders I see are asking for CSGO keys. If you buy from market, they'll be locked.

These guys are still advertising, but I dunno if they still get em

http://www.steamgifts.com/trade/U69BW/russian-store-gta516kdying-light7kh1z14kstranded-deep35k-more-w-keyspaypal

http://www.steamgifts.com/trade/5wtTq/h-dying-light-w-7-cs-go-keys

This guy is still advertising and has some on his dispenser bot. A +600 with no negs.

http://www.steamgifts.com/trade/jmpEx/h-grand-theft-auto-v-row-20k-dying-light-row-7k-w-tfcsdota

Dispenser bot

http://dispenser.tf/trade/156384/

Last edited by a moderator:
Cold as hell then?

Snip
The verse only speaks about volume of illumination and not the heat produced. It says light not heat or radiation.

It's essentially just saying that it will be daylight bright 24/7. If you ask me that's a kind of hell in it's own way anyway.

Then again.

article-2535709-1A7D371000000578-703_964x531.jpg

Last edited:
CSGO. Dude I got it from is out now and isnt getting more. I already tried to get a buddy a copy.

If you buy CSGO keys from the store, they're tradable. I dunno about TF2, but most traders I see are asking for CSGO keys.

These guys are still advertising, but I dunno if they still get em

http://www.steamgifts.com/trade/U69BW/russian-store-gta516kdying-light7kh1z14kstranded-deep35k-more-w-keyspaypal

http://www.steamgifts.com/trade/5wtTq/h-dying-light-w-7-cs-go-keys

This guy is still advertising and has some on his dispenser bot. A +600 with no negs.

http://www.steamgifts.com/trade/jmpEx/h-grand-theft-auto-v-row-20k-dying-light-row-7k-w-tfcsdota

Dispenser bot

http://dispenser.tf/trade/156384/
Thanks! I got it from the second guy (DER_Scout). Word to the wise, you might want to go with Sacks of Gems for currency. Every CS:GO key I bought was locked for 7 days (maybe because I don't have the game?), but the Sacks of Gems worked and the guy was cool about working with me to get the trade through.

Thanks! I got it from the second guy (DER_Scout). Word to the wise, you might want to go with Sacks of Gems for currency. Every CS:GO key I bought was locked for 7 days (maybe because I don't have the game?), but the Sacks of Gems worked and the guy was cool about working with me to get the trade through.
Yea. You need to buy CSGO keys from in-game store for them not to be locked. I mentioned that in my last post, but sorry I only said "store" instead of being more clear. I just edited it in case someone else sees this.

The verse only speaks about volume of illumination and not the heat produced. It says light not heat or radiation.

It's essentially just saying that it will be daylight bright 24/7. If you ask me that's a kind of hell in it's own way anyway.
jesus-deal.jpg

I guess sunglasses will be in order then.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll be going to the other place.

Posted in here too for extra likes informativeness ...

Steam keys have been added for Chaos Ride in the BeMine17 bundle

Ok. Time to report my GW2 experience...

I choose to be a Norn warrior. I'm chasing rabbits and killing some minor stuff until now... but I can see the learning curve. The world is beautiful, and the community is great. I crossed an advanced player and he (or she) taught me how to interact with the social options, how to join a Guild and such stuff. He even invited me to join his Guild if I wanted to, anytime, they have a lot of newbies and are helping them through the game.

I'm loving GW2 until now, I'm glad I bought it.

I have one; I'll pm it to you.
Someone needs to do this for me for Dying Light!

Okay, I might have a way of doing a Dying Light slick Ruskie deal. Dunno if I'd take crappy TF2 or CSGO keys, probably Amazon credit is better. I'd have two open spots if anyone is interested but don't get too excited yet. PM me. Due to the sensitive nature of this dealing -- i.e. if they somehow revoke the keys or lock down the region or whatever I'm not assuming the entire risk of loss thus not refunding you -- I'm going with known Steam thread bros over unknown d00ders. So, yeah, PM me if you think you might be interested.

Edit: Oh, price would be $10.

Edit: One spot possibly taken. One left.

All spots gone. Well one is in limbo but I have Ham'ster in the queue if the person before him falls through.

Weird, you were just doing your usual hipster thing on the kodex about how shit the game looks, blah, blah, look at me, I'm kewl guyz, will buy for $5 in a bundle next month act. Why the sudden change of heart? I know you get confused since that's your act for anything that's AAA and not rogue like "pixel art" but you'd think you could take some damn notes or something to keep track of what you hate.

Weird, you were just doing your usual hipster thing on the kodex about how shit the game looks, blah, blah, look at me, I'm kewl guyz, will buy for $5 in a bundle next month act. Why the sudden change of heart? I know you get confused since that's your act for anything that's AAA and not rogue like "pixel art" but you'd think you could take some damn notes or something to keep track of what you hate.
I think my sig quote will answer your question.

Okay, I might have a way of doing a Dying Light slick Ruskie deal. Dunno if I'd take crappy TF2 or CSGO keys, probably Amazon credit is better. I'd have two open spots if anyone is interested but don't get too excited yet. PM me. Due to the sensitive nature of this dealing -- i.e. if they somehow revoke the keys or lock down the region or whatever I'm not assuming the entire risk of loss thus not refunding you -- I'm going with known Steam thread bros over unknown d00ders. So, yeah, PM me if you think you might be interested.

Edit: Oh, price would be $10.

Edit: One spot possibly taken. One left.
Damn you Mooby! Too late for me since I got it from a trader for $18, but I guess I did get to spend card money instead of real money.

Damn you Mooby! Too late for me since I got it from a trader for $18, but I guess I did get to spend card money instead of real money.
Well, here's hoping it works. Traders are gougers. It's $36 for the 4 pack. I did a bit of a markup since I had to cover costs of GabeN tax through marketplace but $18? Gougers!

Well, here's hoping it works. Traders are gougers. It's $36 for the 4 pack. I did a bit of a markup since I had to cover costs of GabeN tax through marketplace but $18? Gougers!
Yeah, it's expected. I will say this, usually the traders we deal with are just middle men so you have to account for the original commie's mark up and then the re-seller/trader mark up. It's still more than double, but it beats $60 by quite a bit.

Well, installed and it works... for now.  It even comes with the Be the Zombie preorder DLC.  Although mutliplayer doesn't seem to work since I keep failing to join games.

Well, installed and it works... for now. It even comes with the Be the Zombie preorder DLC. Although mutliplayer doesn't seem to work since I keep failing to join games.
Yeah, someone made mention of potential issues with the MP and possibly needing to use a VPN if you wanted to play MP. But if I want good MP that's what my glitched copy of Evolve is for.

Yeah, someone made mention of potential issues with the MP and possibly needing to use a VPN if you wanted to play MP. But if I want good MP that's what my glitched copy of Evolve is for.
Possibly although from the Steam Discussions it seems pretty wide spread. Either it's a technical issue or people just leave games when they see someone invade.

Thanks for making me not feel special.  Figured they'd do something like that after people raged over the excl0000000000sive nature of it.

The games kind of ugly and the motion blur is really bad (even disabled). On the flip side, nights are pretty damn dark and atmospheric and the audio is pretty well done.

So I've only just started PC gaming, and I'm confused on graphic card specs. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M in a Lenovo Y50 Touch, and I'm wondering how high quality games I can play. I had trouble playing Guild Wars 2 at the highest resolution, and Sniper Elite 3 is a bit squirrelly as well, but other than that I haven't really pushed my laptop yet. I'm asking because after that earlier comment about Dying Light and laptop graphic cards, I'm just wondering where I should be avoiding because I can't run it.  

So I've only just started PC gaming, and I'm confused on graphic card specs. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M in a Lenovo Y50 Touch, and I'm wondering how high quality games I can play. I had trouble playing Guild Wars 2 at the highest resolution, and Sniper Elite 3 is a bit squirrelly as well, but other than that I haven't really pushed my laptop yet. I'm asking because after that earlier comment about Dying Light and laptop graphic cards, I'm just wondering where I should be avoiding because I can't run it.
The card shouldn't hinder you too much, although you won't be able to play newer games at highest settings. For playing on lower settings it should be good enough, and you can probably play Dying Light on low (I would think).

bread's done
Back