Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Played the campaign through the prologue.  Runs okay.  Disabled motion blur and Derpth of Field ('cuz they look terrible, anyway).  Unfortunately there's some other post processing crap that there isn't any option to disable so I'm sure it'll require ini tweaks.  Getting rid of the obscene amounts of glare and sun rays or whatever would be nice.  The color also changes erratically at times for no apparent reason... perhaps when you run out of stamina or shade or I have no idea what.

Gameplay-wise I'm a little disappointed.  It's more Mirror's Edge than Dead Island at this point.  Perhaps early on you're too weak to take on more than one or two zombies but jumping around and climbing to avoid stuff is fairly boring.

I finished DARK tonight.

Wrote up a long-winded MysterD type of review.

For those interested...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/225360/

"Its consistently great art direction, atmosphere + music are worth experiencing alone"
so listening to Dark soundtrack & looking at Dark screenshots = Dark?

how's it compared to Dishonored, Deus Ex Human Evolution and to a certain extend, Thief 2013?

Last edited by a moderator:
Played the campaign through the prologue. Runs okay. Disabled motion blur and Derpth of Field ('cuz they look terrible, anyway). Unfortunately there's some other post processing crap that there isn't any option to disable so I'm sure it'll require ini tweaks. Getting rid of the obscene amounts of glare and sun rays or whatever would be nice. The color also changes erratically at times for no apparent reason... perhaps when you run out of stamina or shade or I have no idea what.

Gameplay-wise I'm a little disappointed. It's more Mirror's Edge than Dead Island at this point. Perhaps early on you're too weak to take on more than one or two zombies but jumping around and climbing to avoid stuff is fairly boring.
BridgetFisher' review made the same comparison. Said parkour is a big element in the game.

That's why I love it, actually. I didn't think the Dead Island games were anything special, and I'm very pleasantly suprised by how much I was enjoying the gameplay here.  

how's it compared to Dishonored, Deus Ex Human Evolution and to a certain extend, Thief 2013?
MysterD had the most favorable opinion of Dark I've ever heard/read by far. And he gave it a C-. And MysterD is notorious for liking everything.

Without ever having played any Dark I can tell you it should never be mentioned anywhere near Dishonored or Deus Ex HR, and probably isn't even as good as Thief 2013, which is apparently at least solidly mediocre.

Gameplay-wise I'm a little disappointed. It's more Mirror's Edge than Dead Island at this point. Perhaps early on you're too weak to take on more than one or two zombies but jumping around and climbing to avoid stuff is fairly boring.
Yea I read this in a review, but as you get further in the game you get a lot more powerful and your weapons arent as derpy.

So I've only just started PC gaming, and I'm confused on graphic card specs. I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M in a Lenovo Y50 Touch, and I'm wondering how high quality games I can play. I had trouble playing Guild Wars 2 at the highest resolution, and Sniper Elite 3 is a bit squirrelly as well, but other than that I haven't really pushed my laptop yet. I'm asking because after that earlier comment about Dying Light and laptop graphic cards, I'm just wondering where I should be avoiding because I can't run it.
Make sure you're using the dedicated graphics card not the Intel one. Check the nvidia Control panel And make sure every game is using the 860m.

I only have a 750m Lenovo but I don't have problem playing GW2 in highest settings, although I put it in my ssd instead of the hhd.

MysterD had the most favorable opinion of Dark I've ever heard/read by far. And he gave it a C-. And MysterD is notorious for liking everything.

Without ever having played any Dark I can tell you it should never be mentioned anywhere near Dishonored or Deus Ex HR, and probably isn't even as good as Thief 2013, which is apparently at least solidly mediocre.
Tebow put 227 hours into it.

:D

Here I was almost worried about having been too busy for a couple days to give game acquiring proper attention, but seems I didn't really miss much, if anything. 

Maybe just the most of the return of SG and my P constantly being maxed at 300. 

So, just to clarify, have there been any bundles or anything in the past few days worth giving a shit about?

shun.jpg
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRB8Jor8tPs[/youtube]

So anyone who bit the bullet on the Shadowgate remake early is probably feeling pretty happy right now.  The game turned into a +3 thanks to the free MacVenture Deja Vu and Shadowgate that were added yesterday afternoon for previous owners who had the DRM free versions in their install directory.  And it turns out they both just got cards too.  If you saw those games pop up, get to idling while they're hot.  Judging from the amount of complaining on the game's forum, if you don't already have it, you will almost certainly not get the bonus two games when you buy it.

If you're wondering how I know all this, well...  you can thank me when it's in next week's Humble Bundle.  I love me some Shadowgate.

Edit: Each game also drops all its cards in just about 30 minutes.  It's a nice change from the usual two hours.

tumblr_lav8gd3g5k1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

I got some stuff you might like

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=TTnVGRdTCR6NyNEU

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=vnf3XkDRx4P7UTMY

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee®
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=8EMqnGmNv2Dzenvr

Ignite
C2RP3-PP267-8ZX6F

LocoCycle
BYR2C-V7JLX-G9PFP

Metal Drift
C0W4B-3RM5X-PJWEF

Race Injection
C4WW6-X4TVX-ZN9RY

Zero Gear
C25RV-VEK6M-LM35E

Imperium Romanum
5BLQR-TNIDB-IK45D

Desura

Magic Meisters - Alpha
I95QL-3F92Z-ZI5ET-E1RJC-ASZF2

Stingray
I9STT-XH3Z6-GS52C-SPW5J-ZJJIP

I don't remember if I redeemed the Desura games or not

tumblr_lav8gd3g5k1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

I got some stuff you might like

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=TTnVGRdTCR6NyNEU

Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=vnf3XkDRx4P7UTMY

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee®
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=8EMqnGmNv2Dzenvr

Ignite
C2RP3-PP267-8ZX6F

LocoCycle
BYR2C-V7JLX-G9PFP

Metal Drift
C0W4B-3RM5X-PJWEF

Race Injection
C4WW6-X4TVX-ZN9RY

Zero Gear
C25RV-VEK6M-LM35E

Imperium Romanum
5BLQR-TNIDB-IK45D

Desura

Magic Meisters - Alpha
I95QL-3F92Z-ZI5ET-E1RJC-ASZF2

Stingray
I9STT-XH3Z6-GS52C-SPW5J-ZJJIP

I don't remember if I redeemed the Desura games or not
I tried Imperium Romanum but it had already been used. Not too surprising though, given that it's been 25 minutes since the drop. I didn't try any of the other games (since I own them all), but I'm guessing that the other games are probably gone now too.

Thanks anyway.

Ubisoft games being removed from Origin Store.

-----

Why did you remove Ubisoft games from Origin? 

We removed Ubisoft games from Origin to protect against further fraudulent purchases. 

When will you put these games back on the Origin store? 
We don’t have an update today, but are working to get them back in the store as soon as possible. 

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10285690.page

Ubisoft games being removed from Origin Store.

-----

Why did you remove Ubisoft games from Origin?

We removed Ubisoft games from Origin to protect against further fraudulent purchases.

When will you put these games back on the Origin store?
We don’t have an update today, but are working to get them back in the store as soon as possible.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10285690.page
If EA cares so much about Fradulent Purchases why don't they remove fifa instead?

Here I was almost worried about having been too busy for a couple days to give game acquiring proper attention, but seems I didn't really miss much, if anything.

Maybe just the most of the return of SG and my P constantly being maxed at 300.

So, just to clarify, have there been any bundles or anything in the past few days worth giving a shit about?
BundleStars just had a pretty good bundle release yesterday. - http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/havoc-bundle/

I think they're pretty good repeats though. I was missing Desert Ashes and Robot Rescue on top of Kick-Ass 2.
Robot Rescue was free before, I'd be missing Desert Ashes if I didn't spoder a key a while back though. Most of the repeats were in good bundles..

Transistor update:

I still can't decide if I actually like Transistor.

Posting this as I know you're all dead bothered and that.

:whee:
Please make up your mind so I can actually stop pondering this and get some sleep

Edit: Here's an article on RPS regarding Ken Levine answering some questions about the game he's developing. I really enjoyed the Bioshock series as a whole, and I think what he's planning sounds like it could be interesting.

I see they're going to give wiki posts another shot... nice. Let's hope it works this time.
I had the same thought, then it occurred to me... No one but the OP generally does much wiki editing anyway. At least in my experience. Though, I kinda feel it's also a console vs PC thing.

I had the same thought, then it occurred to me... No one but the OP generally does much wiki editing anyway. At least in my experience. Though, I kinda feel it's also a console vs PC thing.
Wiki editing would be nice if there was interest in a consolidated bundle thread I think. Can you only wiki one post?

Wiki editing would be nice if there was interest in a consolidated bundle thread I think. Can you only wiki one post?
Yeah, it seems only the second post will be user editable. I'm guessing the thread title will also remain only OP/mod editable. I like the idea of a consolidated bundle thread {not it}, but that's a pretty heavy undertaking if it doesn't get the necessary user support. {I vote Motoki.}

Ugh, I miss too many bundles.

Countless times I check out games that are recommended here to see they've been bundled 2-5 times and everyone in my FL has it. But, it isn't highlighted on my browser. I'm a terrible CAG.

If anyone has an extra copy of this please hit me up. I've got PP.

Thank you, Spoder.

Ugh, I miss too many bundles.

Countless times I check out games that are recommended here to see they've been bundled 2-5 times and everyone in my FL has it. But, it isn't highlighted on my browser. I'm a terrible CAG.
I'm with you. Someone linked to a free version a while back that got me interested in the game if you want to play that for now.

Well - that's what I think is what the game has going for it: is the music, atmosphere, and art direction.

DARK is not in the league of any of those other games you mentioned. Not even close.

In DARK, you have to play stealthy...or you might as well not even play this game. You have to pretty much sneak up on people from bebind - even on Easy difficulty. You can drag bodies around and whatnot like Hitman and Splinter Cell - and you really should do so, as well.

For those who ain't good at being stealthy in stealth games - well, this game might not be for you. This is not like Hitman, Dishonored, or some of the recent Splinter Cells (think SC games from SC: Chaos Theory and newer) - especially on the lower difficulties - where if you get caught, well you might shoot guns (Hitman), throw projectiles, or do something not-stealthy and you can still easily get yourself out of a situation. You get caught in DARK - pretty much, you're likely screwed. If you play smart enough + have enough skills learned & upgraded, you can get back out of trouble possibly - but chances are surviving are pretty bad if you can't get back into hiding. You really do need to have patience, to play this game.

You can't just melee w/ nobody nearby and swing away - the "Interaction" key (which is on Left-Mouse) does NOTHING if you hit melee and nobody's nearby. Everything is very contextual. All kills are pretty much one-hit kills or one-hit knock-outs. Enemies must be either near you (if you're going to hit them with a melee attack in front or behind them) or you must be within the range of the skills allows.

If you attack from the front - you could get blocked. So, yeah - best to hit from behind. Or hide behind cover and when they get near, attack them or feed on them.

Enemies will also easily spot you quickly and whatnot. And if they have guns and there's lots of enemies and then find you, be prepared to reload your last save. When they shoot, they likely won't miss.

EDIT:

It's a challenging game, even on Easy - you can manually Save any time and as much as you want on Easy. It's even tougher, if you decide to ramp it up Normal b/c you can only save manually two times per levels + you can get a save count replenished if you hit an auto-save...and these auto-saves, they're spread out often quite a bit. Supposedly, in Hard - you cannot manually save at all.

bread's done
Back