Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Space Marine's final boss fight is QTE.

I have actually beaten Space Marine.

Draw your own conclusions.

:whee:
I did. I wrote a lengthy diatribe about how terrible this game was a few years ago. The QTEs weren't nearly as stupid as the "watching three guys in Terminator armor riding a platform elevator for two minutes" bits.

Stop tempting me Grim Fandango!

You're a Doublefine product and I know Schafer is bound to put you in Humble for more of that sweet bundle money!

odpo5l.jpg

Besiege looks pretty great. Hope it gets bundled or goes on sale because the developer says that the price will go up as the game adds more content. 

Besiege looks pretty great. Hope it gets bundled or goes on sale because the developer says that the price will go up as the game adds more content.
I actually like this model of pricing. I think most EA games have so much work needed to them that they are hardly worth the $15 or $20 asked for them. Early adopters should be given a hefty price break to take this into account then increase to a reasonable price upon release. I know some EA games do this, but the "cheaper" price is always way to high IMO.

I actually like this model of pricing. I think most EA games have so much work needed to them that they are hardly worth the $15 or $20 asked for them. Early adopters should be given a hefty price break to take this into account then increase to a reasonable price upon release. I know some EA games do this, but the "cheaper" price is always way to high IMO.
I agree. I might break at some point, because $7 actually seems pretty fair.

Please stop pretending you have even the tiniest of a clue as to how PC hardware works. You're probably the 2nd dumbest PC user (and you know Ed123 is #1) I've ever had the misfortune to chat with. I love seeing people piss and moan about having to buy new hardware every 3 years. Back in the glory days of PC gaming you practically HAD to buy at least a new GPU (sometimes even a CPU) every single year. Now you can go years and years using a $300 black friday laptop. I'd love to see things go back to the good old days of technical hurdles and $$$ hardware to drive these indie idiots and console rejects back out PC gaming forever.
Good old days? Like you said it was a hell of a lot more expensive by far. Games were even more incompatible. Hell for that matter for a good period hardware was even more incompatible, a bigger pain to install, or damn near impossible to get drivers for if you happened to not have the disk.

What do you care if people you don't like post? You have made it abundantly clear you use the ignore user button and block signatures. How does less technologically savy users playing games on computers impact your joy?

Tldr; The good days weren't so good. Other people posting on the net doesn't affect your life. Chill the fuck out, we don't like seeing you go on a long angry tirade any more than you like your exaggerated notion of pissing and moaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good old days? Like you said it was a hell of a lot more expensive by far. Games were even more incompatible. Hell for that matter for a good period hardware was even more incompatible, a bigger pain to install, or damn near impossible to get drivers for if you happened to not have the disk.

What do you care if people you don't like post? You have made it abundantly clear you use the ignore user button and block signatures. How does less technologically savy users playing games on computers impact your joy?

Tldr; The good days weren't so good. Other people posting on the net doesn't affect your life. Chill the fuck out, we don't like seeing you go on a long angry tirade any more than you like your exaggerated notion of pissing and moaning.
I like his long angry tirades

"I'd love to see things go back to the good old days of technical hurdles and $$$ hardware to drive these indie idiots and console rejects back out PC gaming forever."

He's definitely not being sarcastic
Um, yeah, if you take away Bruticis's bitter, vitriolic rants, he'll have nothing left to post about.

Let us know how you like it, you faker!
I played it for almost 2 hours last night. It is indeed a lot of fun, the art style and graphics are very nice and the physics engine is really good. I'm probably about a 1/4 of the way through the levels so far, so there's a fair bit of content in the game already with much more planned.

It's already a pretty popular game on Steam so I personally don't think it'll be cheaper in a bundle for a long time. I'm betting it'll be in a $10 tier first in a future Humble. I'd be surprised (and fuhrious) if it was bundled any cheaper than that for at least 6 months.

When it is bundled though, you're all welcome. *salutes*

Yeah if you don't take them too seriously I actually think they're pretty funny
There should really be a new user PSA to Bruticis (and to a lesser extent Mooby). I remember the first time reading a Bruticis penned post and thinking, this person is filled with hate.

Filled with hate, like Mt. St. Helens is filled with lava.

Yeah if you don't take them too seriously I actually think they're pretty funny
I like to imagine him as an old ornery guy sitting on his lawn chair like "damn kids these days... Back in MY day, we had to walk to school, in the snow, uphill, BOTH WAYS!"

There should really be a new user PSA to Bruticis (and to a lesser extent Mooby). I remember the first time reading a Bruticis penned post and thinking, this person is filled with hate.Filled with hate, like Mt. St. Helens is filled with lava.
I made the mistake of arguing with him the first time I saw him post. It didn't get anywhere. The more I saw him post the more I began to actually enjoy it.

BeSides if I have to choose between a Bruti-rant and a drm dissertation I know which one I'm choosing.

On another note, I had hopes top ware would continue to learn abd take another step forward with ravens cry...apparently it's a horrible mess

Anyone fakeybro Darkest Dungeon?
I've spent a little time with Darkest Dungeon and I think it's fantastic so far. Too many Early Access games pop onto Steam with virtually no content; Darkest Dungeon not only has a fair amount to do, but it's polished in a way that many bigger titles are not. The interface is slick and user-friendly. The core gameplay loop of sending a party into the dungeon to search for loot is rewarding, yet constantly tense thanks to the unique stress mechanic and the lasting impact of a hero's death. Each of the classes has their own unique abilities and have all been pretty fun so far.

It's difficult to recommend a game that's both full-priced and early access, so I totally understand waiting on this one until later in the year. However, if you're interested in rogue-like RPG's, you owe it to yourself to check it out at some point.

Sifu backed the Kickstarter
Snitches-Get-Stitches.jpg

Let's see how many thanks lurks I get:

KOTOR:  XF5J0 -Y758A-LT4X9
Jedi Academy:  9NXGN- 7RWFH-Z6RHL
Dark Forces:  MELTI- IH957-N98D5
Battlefront II:  9GX3I- G6YMB-PNGEE
Republic Commando:  6VXN0 -BF48W-3972F

Editted:  All Gone!  Thanks for participating!  (without a SINGLE lurk no less)

Hey now! I don't block people, only images, videos and sigs. At one point back in the amazon deal thread era of CAG, I blocked a few people but I kept unblocking them to see what dumb ass thing they said next.

I've spent a little time with Darkest Dungeon and I think it's fantastic so far. Too many Early Access games pop onto Steam with virtually no content; Darkest Dungeon not only has a fair amount to do, but it's polished in a way that many bigger titles are not. The interface is slick and user-friendly. The core gameplay loop of sending a party into the dungeon to search for loot is rewarding, yet constantly tense thanks to the unique stress mechanic and the lasting impact of a hero's death. Each of the classes has their own unique abilities and have all been pretty fun so far.

It's difficult to recommend a game that's both full-priced and early access, so I totally understand waiting on this one until later in the year. However, if you're interested in rogue-like RPG's, you owe it to yourself to check it out at some point.

Snitches-Get-Stitches.jpg
I've been waiting for months or even a year, I don't remember well, but I agree with you. I have never backed a kickstarted game though I doubted at some point because it promised to be so fantastic.

I should have buy at least when it was on humble widget, but well, trial and error they said.

I feel it will raise on price after it gets out of early access, if I knew that also...

I'm glad I got in on Craft the World when I did.  It went half off for $7.49 right before it exited EA, and it's been at a greater base price of $19.99 since.  And it's excellent.

If Darkest Dungeon gets a decent sale price even while in EA, I throw my support behind anyone who opts to go for it.

I'm glad I got in on Craft the World when I did. It went half off for $7.49 right before it exited EA, and it's been at a greater base price of $19.99 since. And it's excellent.

If Darkest Dungeon gets a decent sale price even while in EA, I throw my support behind anyone who opts to go for it.
Is it? I bought it on the iPad and I don't care for it. But it's mostly that the controls on the pad leave a bit to be desired. I'm not going to kick money in until it's cheaper (of course) but I liked the general premise of the game. But later on when things start flying in left and right it's hard to not finger fuck something.

Just wanted to pop in and share appreciation for Motoki, Carl et al. for continuing to maintain the helpful keys added group.  Not necessary to reiterate the link since it's in the OP but... you know.

Also thanks to Neuro for maintaining the new PC thread, but this post isn't about you.

An official patch for Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;birth1 is out to allow the game to be displayed in 1080p. The resolution will only appear as an option in game however if your desktop resolution is set to 1920x1080 as well.

This has been a public service announcement from your local Weaboo News Network.

Any of you dumbasses want a Mech Marines Steam Key?

Quote this if you are active in this thread, want this game, and are not named lostnumber.
yes. Maybe. I dunno. Is it a +1? Yeah? Okay, I want it.

Edit: if anyone actually wants to play it, quote and comment Fox anyway. I'd rather it went to someone for play and not for backloggery.

Why is a season pass for a fighting game $30? Shouldn't that be $20 maximum? In any case, I'm hoping GS goofs and switches their codes for it so I can get game and pass on the cheap.

Daily Deal
75% off Strike Vector - $2.99

Midweek Deals
75% off Prison Architect - $7.49 (Early Access)

• Other packs + DLC also 75% off
33% off Mordheim: City of the Damned - $21.43 (Early Access)

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
Some mentionables from the 2014 Revisited Sale...
75% off GRID Autosport (Steam) - $9.99
66% off F1 2014 (Steam) - $16.99
Current Voucher: 20% off 20PERO-FFDIGI-GAMESX (Expires 2/6 1600 UTC)
Is the first time that the DLCs aren't 80% off like usual?

Let's see how many thanks lurks I get:

KOTOR: XF5J0 -Y758A-LT4X9
Jedi Academy: 9NXGN- 7RWFH-Z6RHL
Dark Forces: MELTI- IH957-N98D5
Battlefront II: 9GX3I- G6YMB-PNGEE
Republic Commando: 6VXN0 -BF48W-3972F

Editted: All Gone! Thanks for participating! (without a SINGLE lurk no less)
Neat. Normally I'd kick myself for missing a drop but I actually had all of these for once.

bread's done
Back