Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Remember when Steam looked like this?

green.jpg
Yeah my first Steam account from college (2003-2004) is lost to the ages. I remember having similar feelings for Steam then that I have for Uplay now. A bunch of useless BS getting in the way of me playing games (mainly CS 1.6). I guess Gabe showed me!

Also, I might have gone a little overboard with my first winter sale:

Dec 28, 2008
$169.24
Purchase
Titan Quest Gold, Bioshock (NA), S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW), The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (NA), X3: Terran Conflict + X3: Reunion, Valve Complete 2008 Pack

Dec 19, 2008
$4.99
Purchase
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

Sep 23, 2008
$29.99
Purchase
Crysis: Warhead

Anything with Bioripware points is not worth purchase.
Still waiting on another bioware points sale to get the full ME3 experience! :-({|=

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I might have gone a little overboard with my first winter sale:

Dec 28, 2008
$169.24
Purchase
Titan Quest Gold, Bioshock (NA), S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW), The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (NA), X3: Terran Conflict + X3: Reunion, Valve Complete 2008 Pack
Those are pretty major titles. Did you at least get good $/hrs played value out of them?

You really need to play some Civ IV, it's a great game. If I didn't have the huge library I have these days I'd still be playing the crap out of it.
Well, I jumped into the series with Civ V pre-expansions and the expansions changed enough that I'm hesitant to even go back to that one because it feels like I'd have to relearn the game, so I'm not sure Civ IV is going to happen. Do you think it's really worth it at this point?

On that note, I'm still playing Endless Space, at about 18 hours in now, and I'm getting comfortable with most of the basic mechanics. Today I played a game where I managed to have a good-sized lead over the other three civs by about 60 turns in, at which point I got bored. Not sure how much longer ES will hold my interest. I hate 4X micromanagement after the midgame, and for reasons I can't explain I find Civ V to be more engaging than ES even though I generally prefer scifi/fantasy to more realistic settings.

First mail I have, so assuming first (or close enough) purchase was Indigo Prophecy for $9.99 on November 12th, 2008. 

My second one was just as bad (in terms of pricing), I'm embarrassed I actually thought $10 for IP, or Culpa Innata was a good deal. The worst was paying $50 for Hearts of Iron 2-Complete and Fallout 3 (also paid $35 for Tropico 3, I'd ask what the fuck I was thinking but pretty sure that was an impulse buy at least). 

Well, I jumped into the series with Civ V pre-expansions and the expansions changed enough that I'm hesitant to even go back to that one because it feels like I'd have to relearn the game, so I'm not sure Civ IV is going to happen. Do you think it's really worth it at this point?

On that note, I'm still playing Endless Space, at about 18 hours in now, and I'm getting comfortable with most of the basic mechanics. Today I played a game where I managed to have a good-sized lead over the other three civs by about 60 turns in, at which point I got bored. Not sure how much longer ES will hold my interest. I hate 4X micromanagement after the midgame, and for reasons I can't explain I find Civ V to be more engaging than ES even though I generally prefer scifi/fantasy to more realistic settings.
I know some people like Civ IV much more than Civ V, mostly because you can no longer stack units in Civ V. I like them both though, they play pretty differently as a result.

If you already play and enjoy Civ V I'd wait till you get bored of it and then maybe play a bit of Civ IV just to compare the two.

From what I've read it works well with kb/m. I just need an excuse to get a sweet joystick someday!  :D/

I played through Freespace 2 a few years ago for the first time with a 360 controller and keyboard. I know, blasphemy.

I wonder if they're testing to see what they make more from, people blowing Steam wallet on +1s or the Bundle Stars they're in.
Well that settles it.

Do we have a CAGverb for forgetting to take advantage of a "price error"? Seems like gilbying doesn't apply here.

I wonder if they're testing to see what they make more from, people blowing Steam wallet on +1s or the Bundle Stars they're in.
Well that settles it.

Do we have a CAGverb for forgetting to take advantage of a "price error"? Seems like gilbying doesn't apply here.

This was a Humble Weekly.

$6 got you everything in that pack except Clan Wars, with a ton of extra games. Clan Wars was a four pack in the $15 tier.

Again, this is Worms, so it's going to be a hella lot cheaper in the future.
Let me just hop in my time machine and go buy it for $15 and then sell the other 3, then. That's WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY cheaper.

I posted this in the XBL thread and figured I might as well post it here for those of you that did your fakeybroing across the border.

https://twitter.com/dragonage/status/580105446087913472

I never understood twitch, if I don't even have fucking time to play my backlog games, why the fuck would I have time to watch other people play games? 

I never understood twitch, if I don't even have fucking time to play my backlog games, why the fuck would I have time to watch other people play games?
What Makman said. Also, if you really wanna see gameplay for a game before you buy it or wanna get your fill of it without paying. That or you're just so lazy you don't even want to play video games.

I posted this in the XBL thread and figured I might as well post it here for those of you that did your fakeybroing across the border.

https://twitter.com/dragonage/status/580105446087913472
According to GameInformer, Jaws DLC is up already on XBL; PC release is still tomorrow.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/23/achievement-list-points-to-unannounced-dragon-age-inquisition-dlc.aspx?utm_content=bufferf7803&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Update (8:25 p.m. Eastern) Due to a technical glitch the Jaws of Hakkon DLC is available now for purchase on Xbox One. EA will not be moving to pull it down, so have at it. PC players still need to wait until tomorrow, though.

The DLC includes new enemies, new legendary armor and weapons, and the brand new region of Hakkon. Happy hunting!

Thanks! I had a lovely redeem-fight with some lurker for this, we kept verifying emails (5 times for me) stealing each other's verify-lock. In the end I emerged victorious. I knew I only needed this DLC (since it includes the other). I think his greed was his undoing, since he got the Hilda Riza DLC.
Sorry you had to go through that, but happy you got it :D

Apr 24, 2009
$9.99
Purchase
The Orange Box

TF2 I played in grad school to keep from buying other games. Total of like 1650 hours played. Beat Portal. Never played the Half Life games.

this makes no sense..
Just like your post made no sense to me - with its horrid lack of punctuation, commas, etc etc.

Right back at you.

i was asking if you were going to buy it or just keep posting about it
Anyways, I was just sharing the info to the people who have the DA:I + might be looking for the Jaws DLC on XB1, it's out now - that's the latest news on it. Of course, PC gamers have to still wait until tomorrow.

Since we don't know how much content is there, what's new, what's there - we all probably should wait for reviews and any opinions from those #fakeybros that wanna be paying Early Adopters/Beta Testers.

About me buying DAI, DLC, or anything - not yet. I'm going to keep waiting on it, just so I can keep posting about it while not owning it - just for you.

I'm a little late to the party but my Steam join date was April 15, 2005. I got some AMD bundle code thing when I bought either a computer or an AMD processor. I'm pretty sure it was basically just Half-Life 2. I think I only played it for a few hours (FPS are not really my thing) and never touched Steam again until Dec 27th 2010:

vMSvaVm.jpg

Just like your post made no sense to me - with its horrid lack of punctuation, commas, etc etc.
Right back at you.

Anyways, I was just sharing the info to the people who have the DA:I + might be looking for the Jaws DLC on XB1, it's out now - that's the latest news on it. Of course, PC gamers have to still wait until tomorrow.

Since we don't know how much content is there, what's new, what's there - we all probably should wait for reviews and any opinions from those #fakeybros that wanna be paying Early Adopters/Beta Testers.

About me buying DAI, DLC, or anything - not yet. I'm going to keep waiting on it, just so I can keep posting about it while not owning it - just for you.
Wat

I enjoyed Son of Crawmerax, but the rest weren't good in comparison to the full DLC packs like TTAoDK. I didn't get anything of value to add to my character aside from the skins, which I still prefer Gory Ghoul head and Dark Knight skin to anyway. I also don't like how they're not included in the GOTY version, forcing you to pay more for some tacked-on stories that could have been packed together for the amount of content you get in each one. Digistruct adds a lot of content to the game, and I accept NS Annex because it's included in the GOTY, but the Headhunters are separate purchases? Pfft.

Tiny Tina > Mr. Torgue > Captain Scarlett > Sir Hammerlock > Raid on Digistruct > Headhunter 5 > Creature Slaughterdome > Headhunter 2 > Headhunter 4 > Headhunter 3 > Headhunter 1 IMO
Well yeah, but that's just it. The 4 main story DLC were designed from the very beginning to be major additions and the price reflects that. The HH packs were more or less a way to have fun with various holidays and give people an hour or so of something unique for a small pricepoint. The HH packs were never intended to compete with the other DLC.

I got a kick out of the unique locations and the super-goofy stories they told. To me, the gameplay time was not an issue. Those things are extremely YMMV.

As far as inclusion in the GOTY goes... no idea there. I'm one of the maniacs that pre-ordered the game and season pass. Going by the amount of time I've put into it, I'd do it again.

There! I said it! I'd do it again!

Why are you morans buying Guilty Gear X2. It's a KISS game!

and by morans.. I mean Fatality and BrownDerby

Reposted from some old ass thread this dude necromanced.

Was going to pick up the $15 download until I saw the collector's edition is only $24.99 at GS now. Found one in stock at my local store. Not bad for $25. I've been looking to pick it up since launch.
Damn and I paid like $90 when all was said and done with the tax for that danged thing. Anyway, if anyone wants it there seem to still be some in stock, but obvious YMMV depending on location. Decent-ish CE and you get a skeleton dog. :p

bread's done
Back