Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I can't remember if this was the Gauntlet thread or not, but there's free stuff coming to the game. We like free, right?

In truth, we were never fully satisfied with how Gauntlet turned out. So, rather than just fixing little things here and there, we have been working on the core of the game to turn it into what we originally envisioned.

This will mean a free major content update for the game, including improvements to the Campaign and the Colosseum as well as a brand new game mode. I’m pretty sure I was allowed to tell you about the game mode…

Additionally, Arrowhead is taking over management of the Gauntlet online communities from now on. You can talk to us directly on the
Gauntlet Steam forum, Gauntlet’s Facebook page and @playgauntlet Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
After 20-odd hours, I'm giving Witcher 3 a solid "B".  Looks nice, I like the general world building (and like that there's actually weather), combat is fun if somewhat repetitive (roll behind, whack whack whack, roll behind whack whack whack) and the conversations are usually interesting even if the voice acting can be uneven (the children are terrible).  Most of the major characters are interesting enough to want to talk to them.  I like that monster levels aren't dynamic so you can bump into things that eat you in two bites.  The character progression system is good.

The "open world" nature is really more "follow the linear main plot and pick up ? marks along the way".  The quests largely boil down to "Hold down your M2 and examine/follow the red glowies".  Crafting feels like a mess and I'm a walking hardware store of twine, wire, wood, leather scraps, cloth, bits of metal, paper, etc not to mention the flower shop I keep in my pocket.  Merchant sold recipes don't say what level the gear is for so I've no idea if I should drop 65 gold on them or not.  Looting 50,000 sacks and boxes with one spool of string in each is tedious.  As I said, combat is fairly repetitive and I don't see it changing up much beyond getting more use out of signs as I level them up.

It's a well done world but actually playing the game hasn't really hooked me.  I play it for an hour or two then feel done for the night.  I can see the quality behind it but it's not a world I feel myself lost in.

After 20-odd hours, I'm giving Witcher 3 a solid "B". Looks nice, I like the general world building (and like that there's actually weather), combat is fun if somewhat repetitive (roll behind, whack whack whack, roll behind whack whack whack) and the conversations are usually interesting even if the voice acting can be uneven (the children are terrible). Most of the major characters are interesting enough to want to talk to them. I like that monster levels aren't dynamic so you can bump into things that eat you in two bites. The character progression system is good.

The "open world" nature is really more "follow the linear main plot and pick up ? marks along the way". The quests largely boil down to "Hold down your M2 and examine/follow the red glowies". Crafting feels like a mess and I'm a walking hardware store of twine, wire, wood, leather scraps, cloth, bits of metal, paper, etc not to mention the flower shop I keep in my pocket. Merchant sold recipes don't say what level the gear is for so I've no idea if I should drop 65 gold on them or not. Looting 50,000 sacks and boxes with one spool of string in each is tedious. As I said, combat is fairly repetitive and I don't see it changing up much beyond getting more use out of signs as I level them up.

It's a well done world but actually playing the game hasn't really hooked me. I play it for an hour or two then feel done for the night. I can see the quality behind it but it's not a world I feel myself lost in.
Exactly how I feel...also, the horse riding is horredous and the responsiveness of the character and horse outside of combat is "slow" or "laggy" (not sure how to describe it). Looting is another gripe. You have to be at a certain angle and right on top of it to loot.

Exactly how I feel...also, the horse riding is horredous and the responsiveness of the character and horse outside of combat is "slow" or "laggy" (not sure how to describe it). Looting is another gripe. You have to be at a certain angle and right on top of it to loot.
Christ, I have lit or extinguished about a trillion candles in my attempts to loot the box it's sitting on. Then I get a empty glass vial.

pls buy it from IG so it can have a 90% off price glitch during the steam summer sale
Why not 93% off? ;)

a0DvV34.jpg

but cost $100

Crafting feels like a mess and I'm a walking hardware store of twine, wire, wood, leather scraps, cloth, bits of metal, paper, etc not to mention the flower shop I keep in my pocket.
So you're saying it's like "Witcher Hoarders: Buried Alive"? I'm strangely drawn to that idea....can I buy a house in game that I can fill to the roof with plates,pottery, gauntlets, wives, etc.?

I can see the quality behind it but it's not a world I feel myself lost in.
This is the main issue I had with the first two games. I can see the quality in them, but there's something blocking me from really getting invested. Rpgs that I really get into ill lose entire days to without even realizing it until I Look at the clock. The witcher games after playing for a few hours I feel like I need a break. They do a lot of things well but don't have that spark that makes me compulsively play the game and really allow me to lose mySelf in the world.

so, finally got in on Gamestop's deal for Starcraft II: WoL for $10.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty/65548

usually when i check out it gets removed from my order because its sold out. so, get in while you still can. or don't, whatever.
If you want the expansion as well, BestBuy has the Star Craft 2 battle chest on sale for 23$.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/starcraft-ii-battle-chest-macwindows/9873107.p?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Anyone play Battlegrounds? Is it like one of those arena beatemups that you try to survive for as long as you can or more a traditional beat em up with scrolling backgrounds and you go left to right till you end a stage? Also worth it?

I'm pretty tempted by Phantom Breaker for some reason (even though I'd never heard of it before today).  Seems like it'd be a pretty fun game to couch co-op.

Of course, if I did buy it it'd show up in a bundle either this week or next.. hmnn.

Anyone have any info on that 60 Seconds game?  Looks like a new dev, looks like never been bundled, looks like my type of game.  The Fakeybro itch is slowly moving up my butt.  

I'm pretty tempted by Phantom Breaker for some reason (even though I'd never heard of it before today). Seems like it'd be a pretty fun game to couch co-op.

Of course, if I did buy it it'd show up in a bundle either this week or next.. hmnn.
It'll have online co-op eventually, so normally I'd be one of the first people to suggest buying it.. but I recommend holding off. There's a 99% chance it'll be bundled due to the publisher (Degica).

I'm sure all of the bundle sites are fighting over that shit because it's one of Degica's stand out titles.

After 20-odd hours, I'm giving Witcher 3 a solid "B". Looks nice, I like the general world building (and like that there's actually weather), combat is fun if somewhat repetitive (roll behind, whack whack whack, roll behind whack whack whack) and the conversations are usually interesting even if the voice acting can be uneven (the children are terrible). Most of the major characters are interesting enough to want to talk to them. I like that monster levels aren't dynamic so you can bump into things that eat you in two bites. The character progression system is good.

The "open world" nature is really more "follow the linear main plot and pick up ? marks along the way". The quests largely boil down to "Hold down your M2 and examine/follow the red glowies". Crafting feels like a mess and I'm a walking hardware store of twine, wire, wood, leather scraps, cloth, bits of metal, paper, etc not to mention the flower shop I keep in my pocket. Merchant sold recipes don't say what level the gear is for so I've no idea if I should drop 65 gold on them or not. Looting 50,000 sacks and boxes with one spool of string in each is tedious. As I said, combat is fairly repetitive and I don't see it changing up much beyond getting more use out of signs as I level them up.

It's a well done world but actually playing the game hasn't really hooked me. I play it for an hour or two then feel done for the night. I can see the quality behind it but it's not a world I feel myself lost in.
Personally, I give it a solid A after about 20 hours. I'm enjoying the world, the size of it, and the enemies. You can even fight a level 12 monster with a skull and win, at level 4ish. I'm playing on hard, and I don't find combat that repetitive. I also don't roll, almost at all. Using the bestiary, signs, dodges, parries, oils and potions makes combat a lot less repetitive. Although yes, some fights still are repetitive (such as golems).

As for the linear main plot... that's not how I'm playing most of it. I've been exploring a lot just to uncover the map and finding signposts. You can also do a lot of quests out of order, which happened to me.

I've also been trying to role-play a little, treating Geralt as neutral good (though he's probably supposed to be more neutral).

Equipment crafting is a mess though, and mostly pointless. You mostly just want to craft the treasure hunt (Witcher) gear, unless you want to waste money.

You also don't -really- have to loot most boxes. I do, just cause I've always done so in games.

The only objectives I've found like they probably should have left out are the monster nests. Those are very repetitive and pointless.

I like the horse riding. Combat on the horse though, not so much. And when you're moving slowly, it is very "laggy" feeling. And the looting thing is an issue -- you get the prompt to loot, but it won't loot cause your camera isn't facing it.

I also read a lot of the lore before starting, like everything I missed in the first two games. The story is a lot more interesting once you know how the first two games led to Witcher 3. Also helps a tiny bit if you know a little bit about the novels, just so you're more involved in the secondary characters.

One thing that annoys me (shut up, I'm playing the GOG version) is that there's no way to take a screenshot. Those glorious Keira breasts? Much better than asshair.

Congrats to gilby, headpiece747, soulkyo, ShadowEX, ygoloib, JohnHarker, nitrosmob, greendayrulestce,

IkedaTeramusa, agentghost, poxi, Malkan, HBX, sk8ordie, MysterD, STEVE05, awp, Pickle14, sunasun,

Correlli, rainking187 & hostyl1 for raiding the pantry so far.

Here's what's left, same rules apply:

<snip>
OK, all requests that could be filled have been & the weekend is over. As promised, here's the leftovers for the lurkers. I'd make up some cleaver missing digit game out of it, but ain't nobody got time for that & I'm far too lazy. Peace.

Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=vAd8xCVDMU7qb7ca

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=f2e122c51be811e4acbd1990b3eede34

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
Steam: 2EHJW-2FJ2W-H4KRY

The Cat Lady
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=WMhP6WVhbweRmsCX

Penguins Arena: Sedna's World
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=ac411dcf8ca711e497ce978b67d92dc8

RIP - Trilogy
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=add9535e8ca711e4ab6c85e102df9b7a

Speedball 2 HD
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=6mX58m6tGarmFPNm

OK, all requests that could be filled have been & the weekend is over. As promised, here's the leftovers for the lurkers. I'd make up some cleaver missing digit game out of it, but ain't nobody got time for that & I'm far too lazy. Peace.

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=f2e122c51be811e4acbd1990b3eede34

Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising
Steam: 2EHJW-2FJ2W-H4KRY

Penguins Arena: Sedna's World
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=ac411dcf8ca711e497ce978b67d92dc8

RIP - Trilogy
http://www.indiegala.com/game?game_id=add9535e8ca711e4ab6c85e102df9b7a
thanks mate, guess people have these games already. just cracked 75+ games

thanks mate, guess people have these games already. just cracked 75+ games
Yeah, most regulars would have all those already. I guess that makes you a semi-lurker. Just remember to pay it forward as your addiction grows. I'm at 1040, so on about a 100/year pace. And I can quit any time I want to...

This is the main issue I had with the first two games. I can see the quality in them, but there's something blocking me from really getting invested. Rpgs that I really get into ill lose entire days to without even realizing it until I Look at the clock. The witcher games after playing for a few hours I feel like I need a break. They do a lot of things well but don't have that spark that makes me compulsively play the game and really allow me to lose mySelf in the world.
I can't speak for W3.

But w/ W1+2 - I think the game's slow-burn pace of story-building, story-telling, world-building, too many tutorials early on at once, and whatnot can be a lot of the problem for getting into the series.

You're supposed to soak in the atmosphere, and read the Lore - but, I do think many people are used to other RPG's going narrative-crazy + story-crazy pretty quickly and hopping right to the point.

It wouldn't surprise me if W3 is built the same slow-burn kind of way.

I'd like to get to 3000 Steam games by the end of the year. Only 300 more to go, and Humble makes a Nintendo bundle. The nerve.

I can't speak for W3.

But w/ W1+2 - I think the game's slow-burn pace of story-building, story-telling, world-building, too many tutorials early on at once, and whatnot can be a lot of the problem for getting into the series.

You're supposed to soak in the atmosphere, and read the Lore - but, I do think many people are used to other RPG's going narrative-crazy + story-crazy pretty quickly and hopping right to the point.

It wouldn't surprise me if W3 is built the same slow-burn kind of way.
Witcher games are definitely slow burns. I actually thought witcher 2 was too short...I hated the game the first couple hours and it slowly grew on me. Wasn't fully enjoying it until the second act. Then the third act seemingly ended abruptly

This is exactly the sort of situation that a separate current bundle thread made by the peasants would be good for. Y U GOTA DROP THE BAL NAO, PEASANTS.
Does buying a humble bundle either:

A) require you to know your brother's cousin who, if you say the secret phrase at exactly 4:37pm, then return at 6:21pm with a sandwich and glass of milk, gives you 10% off.

B) Buying it, getting a worthless freebie, then returning the bundle to get said worthless freebie for FREE!

C) Getting games for 5-10% off their MSRP, because that is a super premo deal bro!

or

D) None of the above

If the answer is D, good look getting the peasants to ever make a thread (maybe hunt down a bored seasonal and try to get them to do it). If it's A, B, or C, it's amazing they haven't already made one.

bread's done
Back