Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I got the latest one, Atelier Shallie, free and before the release date, and then I got paid to tell people what I thought about it.  You're both doing it wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrono Break should have happened. The Chrono series is really one of the best games to come out on consoles, ever. I'd much prefer time traveling and reality altering to the "beat the androgynous bad guy" games Squeenix churns out nowadays.

Chrono Break should have happened. The Chrono series is really one of the best games to come out on consoles, ever. I'd much prefer time traveling and reality altering to the "beat the androgynous bad guy" games Squeenix churns out nowadays.
+1. They had a good thing going there. It was kind of original, at least as far as games go. The time travel was fun and then the multiverse stuff built on it in a unique and interesting way.

Now I feel like all they do is churn out rehashed old shit or sequels to old shit because they just have no creativity left and want to play it safe.

And yes I realize I'm complaining about them making sequels to old ass shit while lamenting them not making a sequel to some old ass shit. But I do think another Chrono game would be preferable to Final Fantasy 7 part 18 Side Story Legend for phones or whatever ever else they're concocting lately.

And yes I realize I'm complaining about them making sequels to old ass shit while lamenting them not making a sequel to some old ass shit. But I do think another Chrono game would be preferable to Final Fantasy 7 part 18 Side Story Legend for phones or whatever ever else they're concocting lately.
Yes, exactly. I just finished Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 for PSP a few months ago. The story was horrible. I think it tried emulating written texts being taken as scripture (i.e. The Bible, Quran, L. Ron Hubbard garbage) but it was meaningless and uninspired story-wise. The dialogue and voice acting were incredibly bad, with no option to switch to Japanese even though it had captions. There are only about 16 basic level structures that get rehashed through 400+ missions. The only GOOD thing was the easy-to-use combat system, which was enough for me to finish the game. I liked the ending, even if the rest of the game was non-sequitur and full of plot holes. But even though almost everything in the game sucks, the combat is good and takes up most of the game, so everything else is tolerable. It could also be the nostalgia factor of seeing places like Nibelheim rendered in 3D that makes it more enjoyable than it is on paper.

The game even ties in the Japanese-only mobile version, Before Crisis. Cissnei is an important character in CC, but you have to play her mobile game just to find out why. They do a horrid job of establishing rapport between characters that you'll be wondering why she's even in the game. They ruined FF7 with the Compilation material when they could've made something good.

I haven't played the FF4 Collection yet, but I'm expecting about the same thing. They either rehash something that was good, or they come out with something atrocious like MindJack.

The official price for GeForce GTX 980 Ti is 649 USD, launch date possibly on JUNe 2 , 2015

What do you guys think is the chance of Steam doing more gem auctions for this year's sale? I'm thinking ill throw my cards up on the market rather than gem them. Think I should sell off my cards before the sale or after it starts?

If I can get enough to fakeybro the TellTale's Game of Thrones during the sale i'll be happy, but if it goes up on the gem auctions for relatively less I'll take it there. 

I know nobody cares, I just cleared Zeno Clash.

Man that's... a hell of a weird game. Too bad the enhanced version is exclusive to consoles.

What do you guys think is the chance of Steam doing more gem auctions for this year's sale? I'm thinking ill throw my cards up on the market rather than gem them. Think I should sell off my cards before the sale or after it starts?

If I can get enough to fakeybro the TellTale's Game of Thrones during the sale i'll be happy, but if it goes up on the gem auctions for relatively less I'll take it there.
Honestly the auctions were better for obscure crap. The super popular stuff had way too many people bidding on it and the deals weren't that great.

So VIdeoCardz (with a Z!) is an official source now? :) I can't see any confirmation from nvidia but I guess at this stage, there's just way too much supporting evidence.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

The auctions were good for the first couple because everyone was still in the "figure it out" stage.  The rest of the time it got ridiculously expensive for anything good.

Yes it is, thanks :)

No concrete release date yet though :(

K0HLC-WBQZI-AKM55

VXKFN-34ENY-V6ALG

FIBQ6-TLIIN-6EF66

L3PDM-A6C97-K6W6Y

3F7J7-8BXK4-XEV66

8X0CK-VX9K6-TT949

8WEDD-BFWWK-D9ARN

5FXXB-X7KDV-WYJM6

L4MZF-BZ4EX-E093C

JVL5I-ZHJCZ-6VWME

R62W3-0LAG2-7MAAX

TMDFZ-YKTJR-KPP5I

NRVVK-43MVY-QCBGP
Thanks. I took the top red one.

EDIT: The codes in Red below that are the ones that ygolib & spacebooger reported taking.

The auctions were good for the first couple because everyone was still in the "figure it out" stage. The rest of the time it got ridiculously expensive for anything good.
If you really dug there were a few obscure hidden gems here and there. I got Moorhuhn: Tiger and Chicken for a little more than a dollar and it's never been bundled or more than 50% off thus far.

But admittedly for every decent game like that with hardly any bids on it there were probably 40 or 50 that were total trash and/or have been bundled all to hell.

It's kind of like digging through a bargain bin at Marshall's or Ross. You might find some good stuff but you'll have to spend some time and will come across some orange spandex sequin shorts and such along the way.

Yes it is, thanks :)

No concrete release date yet though :(

K0HLC-WBQZI-AKM55

VXKFN-34ENY-V6ALG

FIBQ6-TLIIN-6EF66

L3PDM-A6C97-K6W6Y

3F7J7-8BXK4-XEV66

8X0CK-VX9K6-TT949

8WEDD-BFWWK-D9ARN

5FXXB-X7KDV-WYJM6

L4MZF-BZ4EX-E093C

JVL5I-ZHJCZ-6VWME

R62W3-0LAG2-7MAAX

TMDFZ-YKTJR-KPP5I

NRVVK-43MVY-QCBGP
wow, i finally got a code drop, I feel all tingly :D/

I used VXKFN-34ENY-V6ALG

Thanks Carlmundo

@Carmageddon: Reincarnation. I played a LOT of Carmageddon TDR2000 back then, so I bought Reincarnation at 50% with GabeN_bux. The game had a lot of problems but was a lot of fun also. Some time ago it was patched and run a lot better. Haven't tried after the official launch and newer patches.

Some people complained about dated graphics. It IS NOT a NFS game, they tried to stay on the same way as the classic ones, and I like that... not because I'm a fan, but because it is what makes the game what it is, it is the core of the gameplay. If you put realistic graphics, the game won't be as fun as it is.

That said, I don't think a gameplay video can make justice to its gameplay, you need to play it, is hilarious, the car controls are really absurd, just like the classics. And I'm still playing the SP version, still no MP. But I can see how many people can dislike it, it is not for everyone... not because the gore, but because it is such an absurd game.

For those who have been discussing Microsoft credits, how do you actually use those?

I have $15.50 in my account which is displayed on the site.  When I try to use them, I cannot change the payment option to credits or anything else.

After using my otherwise useless Amazon bing points it came down to a little less than half off so that's close enough for me.
Yes, but you had to subscribe to PS+ to get there.

*shudder*

I got the latest one, Atelier Shallie, free and before the release date, and then I got paid to tell people what I thought about it. You're both doing it wrong.
But I don't want Shallie. I want [customspoiler=Ayesha.]
x_aisha.jpg
[/customspoiler]

For those who have been discussing Microsoft credits, how do you actually use those?

I have $15.50 in my account which is displayed on the site. When I try to use them, I cannot change the payment option to credits or anything else.
You can only use those credits on 360 console, but you can use them for Xbox One titles on the website.

You can only use those credits on 360 console, but you can use them for Xbox One titles on the website.
Thanks for the answer. You should work for MS support. I spent 15 minutes with them and no one there has a clue about why my credits don't apply.

So now any ideas on Windows Store apps anyone? I am not sure I want to find an hook up my 360 at the moment.

bread's done
Back