Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
office 365
Found you a new avatar.

richie-rich.jpg

Or
richie-rich_398610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1. so the gtx 980ti is out benched by the r9 295, costs more, and I'm supposed to be excited?

2. crono trigger and ff6 are in my top ten of all time but ff7 made me stop playing console games til halo came out. them low poly 3d graphics, while a necessary step, was the worst gaming age ever. lose detail for the pursuit of 3d? wake me up in a generation or two. I literally gave away my PS1 after I played ff7. so yeah F that game, crono cross, etc. they definitely aged terribly (and sucked when they were new)

edit: metal gear was pretty cool though :)

1. so the gtx 980ti is out benched by the r9 295, costs more, and I'm supposed to be excited?

2. crono trigger and ff6 are in my top ten of all time but ff7 made me stop playing console games til halo came out. them low poly 3d graphics, while a necessary step, was the worst gaming age ever. lose detail for the pursuit of 3d? wake me up in a generation or two. I literally gave away my PS1 after I played ff7. so yeah F that game, crono cross, etc. they definitely aged terribly (and sucked when they were new)
1. Well, AMD drivers are terrible and aren't ready to go at launch so there's that. Crossfire makes it even worse.

2. In the case of Chrono Cross the music more than makes up for it.

1. Well, AMD drivers are terrible and aren't ready to go at launch so there's that. Crossfire makes it even worse.

2. In the case of Chrono Cross the music more than makes up for it.
NVIDIA releasing new game drivers (i.e. witcher3) is more of a marketing move as they didn't help performance. hell if I was AMD I'd do the same. crono cross had good music no doubt but that's a given for golden age square...

NVIDIA releasing new game drivers (i.e. witcher3) is more of a marketing move as they didn't help performance. hell if I was AMD I'd do the same. crono cross had good music no doubt but that's a given for golden age square...
So far from me and my friends experiences they really really dont help performance. They may have tweaked one or 2 things for the witcher, but now alot of us are getting kernel side driver crashes that forces the driver to restart, even just while surfing not even gaming

So far from me and my friends experiences they really really dont help performance. They may have tweaked one or 2 things for the witcher, but now alot of us are getting kernel side driver crashes that forces the driver to restart, even just while surfing not even gaming
i use AMD and NVIDIA in my machines and i don't even care about using the latest driver unless there are TANGIBLE benefits and its stable in my system. meh, maybe that's just me...

Coulda played stuff like Tomba.

i use AMD and NVIDIA in my machines and i don't even care about using the latest driver unless there are TANGIBLE benefits and its stable in my system. meh, maybe that's just me...
Thats the problem with their release notes though. They give no tangible explanation of improvements. Did they tweak something for some common calculation that may help improve witcher3 performance but also positively affects all games? I dont know, they wont tell you. Instead of saying, improved tessellation calculations to be 10% more efficient its just 'new and improved for game XXX!!!! YIPPEEE!!!`.

There were other changes in that release though that they didnt mention. One being their nvidia streaming service was sucking up alot of unnecessary resources and causing crashes and bad performance elsewhere(me and my friends turned it off and improved alot of gta performance because of it), this release fixed that. But you wouldnt know it by reading the notes

It may provide a tangible benefit, but you have no idea until you try

Thats the problem with their release notes though. They give no tangible explanation of improvements. Did they tweak something for some common calculation that may help improve witcher3 performance but also positively affects all games? I dont know, they wont tell you. Instead of saying, improved tessellation calculations to be 10% more efficient its just 'new and improved for game XXX!!!! YIPPEEE!!!`

It may provide a tangible benefit, but you have no idea until you try
yeah that's wack. but hey we have a day one driver update! gtfo lol

@Carmageddon: Reincarnation. I played a LOT of Carmageddon TDR2000 back then, so I bought Reincarnation at 50% with GabeN_bux. The game had a lot of problems but was a lot of fun also. Some time ago it was patched and run a lot better. Haven't tried after the official launch and newer patches.

Some people complained about dated graphics. It IS NOT a NFS game, they tried to stay on the same way as the classic ones, and I like that... not because I'm a fan, but because it is what makes the game what it is, it is the core of the gameplay. If you put realistic graphics, the game won't be as fun as it is.

That said, I don't think a gameplay video can make justice to its gameplay, you need to play it, is hilarious, the car controls are really absurd, just like the classics. And I'm still playing the SP version, still no MP. But I can see how many people can dislike it, it is not for everyone... not because the gore, but because it is such an absurd game.
the premise of Carmageddon is gore, car combat, and ridiculousness yes?

Dated graphic broke my immersion and minimized the gore aspect due to crappy death animation. Floaty car control made car combat less fun.

and I guess ridiculousness is when we bought this piss-poor reboot of Carmageddon with our rose-color glasses on.

I am disappointed since the reboot of Road Rash is quite good. oh well, we can't always have nice things

What's up with EA and their adamant commitment to always on connection "feature"?  It was shit when it applied to Command and Conquer 4, Sim City and now this? Someone over there has lost touch with reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGJnBSsTszo

What's up with all these gamer sites constantly putting these 6.5/10 girls up to do their 'gaming headline' videos?  It's pretty shameless.  You never see guys doing it.  Call t3h SJWs!

Since it was brought up...feels bad being forced to use money I invested in M$ when I was using Xbox live probably circa 2008....ended picking up (didn't shop around too much cause when I first got on store wasn't working, just needed to get something from my money)

Pac Man DX, GTA: San Andreas, Rayman Fiesta Run, Rayman Jungle Run, Toca Town, Angry Birds: Star Wars.

Hate that I technically paid full price for Pac Man (9.99!), but since I don't own it on Steam whatevs.

EDIT: And they still have 6 of my cents. That's my money! Gonna' pocket so many pennies at the very least.

nah, was in college. girls > ps1(2) ;)
Amateur. I use to play Genesis (Sonic mainly) with girls all the time in college. My first experience multitasking ;).

Also, Crash Bandicoot 3 and Crash Team Racing were good games even if blocky.

What's up with EA and their adamant commitment to always on connection "feature"? It was shit when it applied to Command and Conquer 4, Sim City and now this? Someone over there has lost touch with reality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGJnBSsTszo
EA probably figured if UbiSoft w/ The Crew (racing game) can do it, they can too! ;)

DarkSpore was always-online from EA, as well.

Re: Stuff in the Windows store

Ass Creed Pirates is on sale for $1.99

Ray Man Fiesta Run isn't bad either.

Hitman Go is another decent one.

Haven't tried it but there's a Guardians of the Galaxy game that doesn't look half bad in a cutesy, casual sort of way.

There's some Halo games but I think they're the ones you can get on Steam.

Ditto on the Big Fishy stuff like Four Elements, Fishdom, Artifex Mundi HOGs etc.

There's Game Dev Tycoon which is on Steam but still has yet to have a really good sale or get bundled in the almost two years it's been on Steam.

I like Fairway Solitaire :p

You can search the top paid games in the windows store or else search other categories if you're looking to use those funds on non-game apps.

This was my first RPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-zN_eaRd8

so yeah. :oldman:
We don't call you Grandma Motoki for nothing.

EDIT:
That video led me to a playthrough of X-Man for the 2600.

Which blew my fuck ing mind.

That is all.

Older people are also untainted by the anime menace that swept through the last decade or so.  We grew up on quality cartoons like Go-bots!

edit: metal gear was pretty cool though :)
I was going to beat you up for talking badly about Final Fantasy VII, but I can agree the game looked dog-ugly. I mean the characters looked like freaking Legos. And not in the good way like the games where the characters actually are Legos and look fine. I mean they looked like Legos without meaning to look like Legos, which just made them look like shit.

I was going to beat you up for talking badly about Final Fantasy VII, but I can agree the game looked dog-ugly. I mean the characters looked like freaking Legos. And not in the good way like the games where the characters actually are Legos and look fine. I mean they looked like Legos without meaning to look like Legos, which just made them look like shit.
ironically I like legos.

Didn't know where else to post this, just joined so forgive me if this isn't allowed.

The Witcher 3 PC code........WRNA-MCTR-UQNV-YJDE-DAOC-SYBH

Arkham Knight PC code...... BKNA-MCTR-RKFU-BVSB-LJKA-NSKK

Google the Nvidia redemption link as I'm not allowed to post links yet.

Didn't know where else to post this, just joined so forgive me if this isn't allowed.

Arkham Knight PC code...... BKNA-MCTR-RKFU-BVSB-LJKA-NSKK

I used WItcher, thank you very much! :D

Edit: Nevermind about Arkham being lurked. :p

Wow thank you! ( and thank you to leaderWON for spamming the thread so I'd notice :p )

Insane drops!!!

Thanks everyone. I tried selling them on another site but no luck so I figured since I've saved so much money, thanks to the CAG community, why not return the favor.

Older people are also untainted by the anime menace that swept through the last decade or so. We grew up on quality cartoons like Go-bots!
Eh, I'd prefer shows with a good plot like Death Note to that old Hannah Barbara hippie crap. I can't talk, though; I grew up with Ren & Stimpy and The Uncanny X-Men.

AC Pirates is kinda boring. The best way to play it is to hack unlimited items to it, otherwise it's a microtransaction grind-fest.

This was my first RPG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6-zN_eaRd8

so yeah. :oldman:
Mine too. I used to speed run that game back when the guys who founded youtube hadn't even passed through fallopian tubes yet. :oldman:

What was funny about that game was you had a choice of weapons. You had a sword, or if you grabbed it from the other end it was an axe.

Same here. And I didn't have a problem with all of the PS1 games. I actually thought Chrono Cross looked fine for an early 3D game. Parasite Eve was another okay one.
They did for the time but at 320p now not so much. There's only so much filters can do and on the PS3 they don't even have much in the way of that.

I used WItcher, thank you very much! :D
Damn can't believe i missed it lol but nice drops , but lurkers got to them
I wanted to be jealous but then I realized it redeems to GOG. :p

bread's done
Back