Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
"Rate of refunds before refunds were allowed was minimal". Nice data collection there, Indie Dev.

I have no problem getting Uplay games. Like you said, waiting for them to go on a real sale via Steam can take forever, vs getting them via other merchants or physical copies and activating them. I have enough stuff on Uplay now that I don't know if I'd even bother with the Steam version if the game was the same sale price on both.

Anyway, I liked Watch Dogs. I think a lot of people had some hype-train idea that it would be the Second Coming of Video Games and you had the people mad that they couldn't run graphic effects that I couldn't run anyway. Take away those complaints and I found the game fun. None of the characters were anything to fall in love with but the missions were fun, the game played well both stealth and not-stealth and cruising around downtown Chicago was enjoyable for a local kid. Certainly six bucks worth of good times.
the people who complained, because they paid $60+ tax for the game on release date. $6 is how much it is worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know that the winners haven't been notified?

/whistle emote I can't do on mobile
They'll state on the giveaway page when winners have been notified, and strike out the "to enter" instructions. You can check any of their old giveaways for an example.

It hasn't happened yet, so I don't think anyone's been sent a key.

"Rate of refunds before refunds were allowed was minimal". Nice data collection there, Indie Dev.

I have no problem getting Uplay games. Like you said, waiting for them to go on a real sale via Steam can take forever, vs getting them via other merchants or physical copies and activating them. I have enough stuff on Uplay now that I don't know if I'd even bother with the Steam version if the game was the same sale price on both.

Anyway, I liked Watch Dogs. I think a lot of people had some hype-train idea that it would be the Second Coming of Video Games and you had the people mad that they couldn't run graphic effects that I couldn't run anyway. Take away those complaints and I found the game fun. None of the characters were anything to fall in love with but the missions were fun, the game played well both stealth and not-stealth and cruising around downtown Chicago was enjoyable for a local kid. Certainly six bucks worth of good times.
I agree with this pretty much down the line.

uPlay has never been an issue for me and I've found it always cheaper to get a uPlay version especially pre-release. A lot of times there will be those buy a GPU get free games promotions so people will have the newest Ubi titles from those. I've gotten Black Flag, Watch Dogs, AC Unity, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and FC4 all via these type of things from trades and all were pre-release except Watch Dogs. The most I spent was 8 TF2 keys on AC Unity. I got The Crew for free on uPlay b/c I bought the AC Unity Season Pass via trade for 6 TF2 keys.

The only problem Ive ever had with uPlay was when Splinter Cell Blacklist launched, it made you DL the game and then do an install, but they've fixed that so now its like Steam where it installs as you DL.

As for Watch Dogs, no, its not bad at all. Its a decent open world game that comes off as a "more serious" GTA. It lacks the depth of a GTA title and while I really disliked Aidan as a lead character, there are at least a few memorable supporting characters and Chicago was recreated well. I got the Season Pass for like 10 bucks on Amazon the last time it was on sale, but I still havent played the DLC.

They'll state on the giveaway page when winners have been notified, and strike out the "to enter" instructions. You can check any of their old giveaways for an example.

It hasn't happened yet, so I don't think anyone's been sent a key.
Yeah, I know. Was kidding. I get the impression that they're none too worried if people get their free games in three days or five days. Plus, I don't know how automated their system is or isn't.

I bet they haven't realised it'd be quicker to pick 19 losers.

Dumbasses.
Probably wouldn't be. If you had 5+ comments in other articles on the site, you got two entries. So they can't just pick 19 "losers" since some people have two chances to be winners.

People who pay $60+ for video games have opinions as valid as those of paint-chip eating monkeys.
Well, obvi that depends on the game.

Disney's Brave, Lego Bionicle, and James Cameron's Aquaman were easily some of my most worthwhile purchases.

Console superiority HO!!

Daily Deals
33% off Eastside Hockey Manager - $10.04
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Saw this on the Watch Dogs Best Buy thread. This is some prime console shit right here.

Had a $10 reward cert, picked one up for 360 to flip to GS, need to get an Amazon card to pay on my CE of arkham knight
If it takes you 8 steps and dragging your ass out to multiple stores to get a deal you might be a console person.

The thing I noticed at my Best Buy last time I went was how sad the CD section was....I couldn't even find the new release I was looking for. It was only like 2 aisles at most and an endcap.

Promo: Play Indie - Buy any of the below titles and get the Indie Focus Bundle ($2.00 if bought separately) [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Gentlemen!
  • Air Guardians
  • Nihilumbra
  • FootLOL
  • Gun Monkeys
  • The Nightmare Cooperative
  • Guns of Icarus Online
[/customspoiler]
Tempted on Ziggurat. Has that been bundled much?

Promo: Play Indie - Buy any of the below titles and get the Indie Focus Bundle ($2.00 if bought separately) [customspoiler=Includes]

• Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Gentlemen!
  • Air Guardians
  • Nihilumbra
  • FootLOL
  • Gun Monkeys
  • The Nightmare Cooperative
  • Guns of Icarus Online
[/customspoiler]

Tempted on Ziggurat. Has that been bundled much?
TOTTALLY BUYING SHELTER 2 TO GET GUN MONKEYS

For those of you grabbing watchdogs you'll want "theworse" mod, http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=393192

This is the reason so many people were upset. It re-enables everything that ubi disabled, all the graphics effects and things you can usually do on a pc, along without the gimped textures.  The difference with/without is pretty substantial

The thing I noticed at my Best Buy last time I went was how sad the CD section was....I couldn't even find the new release I was looking for. It was only like 2 aisles at most and an endcap.
Man, I remember when Best Buy was selling $10-$13 CDs and putting all the CD stores out of business. Who's laughing NOW, huh?

Probably not Sam Goody...

Man, I remember when Best Buy was selling $10-$13 CDs and putting all the CD stores out of business. Who's laughing NOW, huh?

Probably not Sam Goody...
That is funny. I used to love Best Buy for CDs and they always had new released for $10 tops, but now the CD and DVD sections just suck. Not to mention, for the last 5-6 years or so, everywhere I've lived has not been close to any of the stores anyway. Add Amazon digital and Google Play having so many sales and I rarely buy a CD now.

On an unrelated note, what are some recs for a good cheap PC controller? Had an adorable puppy moment where Zoe got a hold of one of my DS3s and chewed off the trigger buttons when we were in the kitchen so the DS3 I use for my PC is probably going back down to the PS3. I'd love another DS3, but looking to top out at around $20 bucks for a replacement.

That is funny. I used to love Best Buy for CDs and they always had new released for $10 tops, but now the CD and DVD sections just suck. Not to mention, for the last 5-6 years or so, everywhere I've lived has not been close to any of the stores anyway. Add Amazon digital and Google Play having so many sales and I rarely buy a CD now.

On an unrelated note, what are some recs for a good cheap PC controller? Had an adorable puppy moment where Zoe got a hold of one of my DS3s and chewed off the trigger buttons when we were in the kitchen so the DS3 I use for my PC is probably going back down to the PS3. I'd love another DS3, but looking to top out at around $20 bucks for a replacement.
dualshock 4

For those of you grabbing watchdogs you'll want "theworse" mod, http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=393192

This is the reason so many people were upset. It re-enables everything that ubi disabled, all the graphics effects and things you can usually do on a pc, along without the gimped textures. The difference with/without is pretty substantial
why did they "disable"? :drool:

thanks for sharing though

Fox, what do you think about the Logitech F310 gamepad? Typically can be had 16-20 bucks i.e. amazon.
Yeah, I was looking at that one. I saw the 510 isn't made anymore. The main difference I see between the 310 and 710 is the wireless? That's not a big deal since I sit at the computer when I game.

[quote name="The End" post="12730709" timestamp="1433692150"]Good lord, how long does it take to pick 150 winners out of a pool of 169 entries? Where the fuck is my Life is Feudal key?[/quote]
I didn't recall seeing when I entered the contest that if you made 5 or more non contest posts you receive an additional entry. So not sure how many extra entries that adds, but whatever, they'll probably end up giving out Desura keys.

Either because the additional options weren't tested and could negatively affect performance or because Ubi crippled the PC version so console users wouldn't get mad. Depending on which far end of the spectrum you want to believe in.
console gamers getting mad @ PC's performance is unheard of. If they care so much about graphic, they would choose PC already

about the "untested" option, that doesn't fly though. Since when Ubisoft tested their shit and care about performance? AC Unity is the most recent and will not be the last example of Ubisuck's business practice

Must be something else in the works

console gamers getting mad @ PC's performance is unheard of. If they care so much about graphic, they would choose PC already

about the "untested" option, that doesn't fly though. Since when Ubisoft tested their shit and care about performance? AC Unity is the most recent and will not be the last example of Ubisuck's business practice

Must be something else in the works
i think more to meet the deadline, wasn't watchdog the first non-console exclusive game to go on both the past gen and current gen consoles.

they delayed the game 2 times?

Yeah, it was the first major next gen console release.  Hence the conspiracy theories that Ubisoft intentionally gimped the PC versions graphics so the XBox One/PS4 versions wouldn't be embarrassed next to the amazing PC version.

The official reason:

The dev team is completely dedicated to getting the most out of each platform, so the notion that we would actively downgrade quality is contrary to everything we've set out to achieve. We test and optimize our games for each platform on which they're released, striving for the best possible quality. The PC version does indeed contain some old, unused render settings that were deactivated for a variety of reasons, including possible impacts on visual fidelity, stability, performance and overall gameplay quality. Modders are usually creative and passionate players, and while we appreciate their enthusiasm, the mod in question (which uses those old settings) subjectively enhances the game's visual fidelity in certain situations but also can have various negative impacts. Those could range from performance issues, to difficulty in reading the environment in order to appreciate the gameplay, to potentially making the game less enjoyable or even unstable.

For what it's worth, I tried the original "better graphics" mod using those settings and locked up on complex shadows (like the sun going through a fire escape).  Now that might just be an issue only I had or maybe later versions of the mods fixed whatever caused it, etc but I only played with it for a little while before disabling it.

Yeah, it was the first major next gen console release. Hence the conspiracy theories that Ubisoft intentionally gimped the PC versions graphics so the XBox One/PS4 versions wouldn't be embarrassed next to the amazing PC version.
i know i wouldn't be purchasing any of ubi$oft's game unless it is $10 or less. i was those dumb console peasant who preordered the watch dogs limited edition for $119.99, believe the 2012 e3 gameplay demo was going to be close to the final product. luckily, i was able to return it. but still i had $119.99 in funds tied up for it.

n people said EA and Capcom are the worst company. atleast they are upfront about their intentions.

Basically they wanted next gen to not look like shit since it had been hyped to hell as the second coming.

*takes off tinfoil hat*

Yeah, I was looking at that one. I saw the 510 isn't made anymore. The main difference I see between the 310 and 710 is the wireless? That's not a big deal since I sit at the computer when I game.
I've never tried a 310 but I have a 710 and its pretty heavy compared to my corded 360 controller. Although that might just be the whole "wireless vs wired" thing, with most wireless things being heavier due to its internal battery.

Yeah, I have a F710 I bought a year or so ago (Ashes recommended it when it was $30) and it's like a brick compared to my chintzy Madkatz wired knockoff controller.

i am surprised that no one mention this controller .. endorsed and blessed by Lord Gaben and his 7 hosts

Compatible with Half Life 3  :D/

header.jpg

I never played with TheWorse mod and I thought the game looked fine.

Then again I never watched the original trailer for more than 30 seconds. I do not understand why people pay attention to that hype crap.

I do not understand why people pay attention to that hype crap.
Two years ago, I saw a brief bit of promo material so naturally I dropped $60 on it sight unseen years later without any additional reviews or research! That fact that it's not exactly what I expected can only be attributed to malice from the game developer/publisher!

Two years ago, I saw a brief bit of promo material so naturally I dropped $60 on it sight unseen years later without any additional reviews or research! That fact that it's not exactly what I expected can only be attributed to malice from the game developer/publisher!
Say what you will, but I'm all but certain that Gearbox's handling of Colonial Marines was nothing if not malice.

bread's done
Back