Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Wait... you're not Lucy Lawless?  I've been telling everyone that Lucy Lawless posts on one of the boards I frequent.  Dangit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Witcher 3 stuff:

I started getting bored about ~70 hours in. I finished with almost everything in Velen/Novigrad except for 1 place I can't figure out how to get to, and a high level beast that one shots me.

Moved on to Skellige, hung out with Yen, and I'm hooked on the story again. Specifically, the Morkvarg-related quests.

I have unclaimed high level beasties all over in Witcher 3.  Mainly because I run in, grab their shit and run away making Three Stooges-esque "Whoop whoop whoop!" noises, leaving the high level basilisk, elemental or mud hag thingie angry and unable to pay rent.

Daily Deals
75% off Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition - $9.99 (DLC up to 75% off)
75% off Europa Universalis IV - $11.24
75% off Europa Universalis IV Collection - $24.99

Midweek Deals
80% off Darksiders Franchise Pack (80% off individual items)
Up to 75% off Might & Magic titles

Ending 6/11
Up to 75% off Assassin's Creed games and DLC
75% off Company of Heroes games and DLC
Up to 83% off Might & Magic games and DLC
67% off NBA 2K15 (Steam) - $19.80

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
Promo: Play Indie - Buy any of the below titles and get the Indie Focus Bundle ($2.00 if bought separately) [customspoiler=Includes]
  • Stealth Bastard Deluxe
  • Gentlemen!
  • Air Guardians
  • Nihilumbra
  • FootLOL
  • Gun Monkeys
  • The Nightmare Cooperative
  • Guns of Icarus Online
[/customspoiler]Current Voucher: 20% off 20PERC-ENTOFF-JUNE20 (Expires 6/12 1700 UTC)

2015 DRM-FREE Summer Sale
ALL DEALS RETURN FOR 24 HOURS

I've come to the conclusion that there won't be a gem auction this sale, and have just sold 50 sacks.

Gem auction confirmed (most probably). You can thank me later.

:whee:

I've come to the conclusion that there won't be a gem auction this sale, and have just sold 50 sacks.

Gem auction confirmed (most probably). You can thank me later.

:whee:
Nah, I dont think there will be one. I got out of my sacks yesterday when it didnt happen then. Unless they have it at the same time as the sale or do it after the sale. It seems likely its not happening at this point. I cant see them doing it during the sale.

i have about 400 cards in my inventory.  are prices higher before or during a sale?  is this a good time to dump them?  

Would anyone like to trade them for a $100 steam wallet card?

i have about 400 cards in my inventory. are prices higher before or during a sale? is this a good time to dump them?
From what I've seen in the past, usually highest within 24 hours (prior and post) of the sale start. Though, unless there's a super special event, I don't think you'll see the spikes that we used to see.

Unless you're just a fan of slap-dash jpgs, I don't know if owning thousands of cards is anything to be proud of.  Try converting them into money.  I'm more impressed by money.

i have about 400 cards in my inventory. are prices higher before or during a sale? is this a good time to dump them?

Would anyone like to trade them for a $100 steam wallet card?
Now is the time to dump 'em. Those cards that typically sell for 5 cents are now being listed at 6, or even 7 cents!

y u fail 2 menton GameAgent Summer Sale deel of day? :shame:

IrWtpH3.png

how to mass list trading cards?  I want to list them 1 cents less than the average so that they will sell.  

manually listing 500 cards is a pain in the butt for me

Steam Inventory Helper.

Something like: select everything -> sell -> adjust price -0.01 (1 cent below highest sell order) -> submit -> wait.

I noticed that Neuro and Foxhack have both achieved level 100 for Steam meaning well over 400 badges crafted.  Any secrets to success i.e. sale the most expensive and craft GSGO to level 50?  I reached level 60 and have about 20 badges ready for the start of the Summer sale.  

Question to those that have experience with Steam Inventory helper, can you set to list the most expensive cards?  If I remember correctly, once you hit 200 items, Steam asks for social security number.

I noticed that Neuro and Foxhack have both achieved level 100 for Steam meaning well over 400 badges crafted. Any secrets to success i.e. sale the most expensive and craft GSGO to level 50? I reached level 60 and have about 20 badges ready for the start of the Summer sale.

Question to those that have experience with Steam Inventory helper, can you set to list the most expensive cards? If I remember correctly, once you hit 200 items, Steam asks for social security number.
I don't think you can sort by price with the inventory helper, but you can remove items lower than a set amount. So if you only want to list cards over 20 cents, you go "sell multiple" and input your parameter to the right and select "remove lower" and you'll get everything 20 cents and over. There aren't many cards that go for more than that right now anyway. I usually list my foils for 1 cent under the lowest price, and my commons for 2 cents over. Sold about 300 since I installed the inventory helper last week.

I dread this listing tool.  I can just see everyone saying.."I'm going to sell it 1 cent lower than the minimum" at the same time and crashing the card market beyond repair.   Sounds like a seriously bad idea to me.  

I, usually, just sell for 1-3 cents higher than the lowest price, but (almost) never go below 8 cents.

Eventually, almost all sell.  The ones that don't.. I just re-list when Steam kicks them back to my inventory.

My GF plays the market.. looking at each card price, how many are up, how many sold in last 24 hours, how much is the maximum she's likely to get, etc.  Personally, I think that's a huge waste of time and can't be bothered.

I noticed that Neuro and Foxhack have both achieved level 100 for Steam meaning well over 400 badges crafted. Any secrets to success i.e. sale the most expensive and craft GSGO to level 50?
You can't craft normal badges to such high levels.

For me, the secret is: A lot of disposable income, patience to get cards from freebie games, and a lack of a personal life.

Playing the card market down to the smallest details can be time consuming, yes, but if you're deriving fun from it... it's like playing a Steam game without having to actually play any Steam games.

Exactly like that, in fact.

Because who actually PLAYS their games?

So maybe I'm dumb but after I activated my physical copy of Watch_Dongs I couldn't find an install button on U-Play.  Had to use the DVD.  What madness is this?  Does U-Play not allow you to download stuff you own?

So maybe I'm dumb but after I activated my physical copy of Watch_Dongs I couldn't find an install button on U-Play. Had to use the DVD. What madness is this? Does U-Play not allow you to download stuff you own?
You have to click on the actual game icon for the game you want (if you're in List Mode); then click DOWNLOAD which is on the left side of the screen.

You have to click on the actual game icon for the game you want (if you're in List Mode); then click DOWNLOAD which is on the left side of the screen.
Download just gave me a drop down menu that had one option that had to do with enabling updates and not actually installing.

Most people are used to Steam.

I'm probably the only one here that uses a lot of different clients - EA Origin, UPLAY, GOG Galaxy, Steam, whatever.
most people won't even consider games outside of steam.

just read some of the pc games review on amazon.com.

bread's done
Back