Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
So since everyone wants to complain each day of the sale about the same goddamn thing, can we just keep a running list of complaints and copy paste it every day so people don't have to flood the thread with their whining?

- Sale percentages don't update immediately
- EA game on sale
- Game on sale for 33% or less
- Game that's always on sale is on sale
- Game on sale is bundle fodder
- Game on sale is not at historical low
- Can't get monster clicker game to work

What else?
Zenii complaining about complaining :)

So since everyone wants to complain each day of the sale about the same goddamn thing, can we just keep a running list of complaints and copy paste it every day so people don't have to flood the thread with their whining?

- EA game on sale

What else?
Gabe didn't give me oral sex?

I actually thought the monster game was uber stupid at first... but after playing a ltitle I'm having a blast. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh why isn't Amazon matching anything in this sale?
o83cx2D.jpg

Well, since I find today's deals are disappointing I am now seriously considering yesterday's Wolfenstein NWO price.  I figured I'd wait till the winter sale for it but I feel like I have to buy something that costs more than $2 this sale..

Was planning on getting Transistor finally this sale.. but they're going to  have to do waaay better than 40% off on it.

I was also hoping for a real deal on Republique remastered.. but then I realized it's a 3 hour game and now I won't pay more than $5 on it.

It'd be a shame if all the great deals got flooded off the thread.

If you're really fast you could always 'rent' it. :p
lol, I guess I could try, but I always seem to take a little longer than HLTB tells me I "should" on games. I'll just wait for a bundle or a couple years when they're selling it super cheap. It does look like a good game, but I just can't justify $20-$25 for a 3 hour game with the backlog I already have.

Did you guys give your personal info to steam for that IRS thing? I have loads of cards to sell, but apparently I'm supposed to fill in a form to be able to sell them.

Did you guys give your personal info to steam for that IRS thing? I have loads of cards to sell, but apparently I'm supposed to fill in a form to be able to sell them.
Yes, but it's only for listing more than a certain dollar amount. It's negligible on taxes, but if you have an auditor after your ass already then you should probably trade them off to alts and sell them that way. You can always buy games with your alts and gift them back to your main account.

Actually, anyone who doesn't want to submit their SSN to Valve should probably do that now while there are incredibly cheap games on sale that they can buy with their alts so they can list items on the marketplace.

- EA game on sale

What else?
Don't forget complaining about people complaining. That's a big one. And occurs quite frequently.

Especially by people who only really visit/contribute twice a year to the thread.

Me too, though that might just be the lame deals talking. Anyone play it and have an opinion?
I've put a few hours in and it's fun, but there's definitely room for improvement. The combat, UI, and graphics being the primary areas of needed attention. I'd recommend it though, if you have a buddy to do co-op with.

In all fairness a lot of the complaining can get a tad excessive considering everybody knows exactly what the sale is going to be like and then complains anyway despite the fact that if you check your activity feed any given day it seems everybody is buying a crap ton of stuff.

also not sure what people expect when every store front, glitch, and bundle is stalked 24/7.

the biggest things that irritate me are the excessive featuring of early access games and the lack of good sales on older games I don't have (really i don't understand why quake, doom and hexen are always 50 percent off)

Anyone doing an Age of Mythology 4 pack? I could deal with $5.63 for it.

Never mind. Found someone on Group Buys to buy one from.

7 Days to Die is a lot of fun, mixing Minecraft elements with DayZ, but removing a lot of the grief if that's your thing.  You can host private servers like Minecraft, with tons of configuration options, so you can make the game as easy or as hard as you like.  I bought it $12.50 and think it's worth it and it's my first real Early Access purchase.  There's enough content to get you going and entertained. 

Pro-Tips:

Punch  grass to get grass, punch a bush to get a stick, and pick up a small rock.  Combine for rock ax, your first tool, you're welcome.  Also, if you spawn in an area that either looks like a fallout style wasteland city (not just a wrecked suburb town) or an area that is smoldering/on fire, reroll  You'll hate life.

Ehh this is by far the worst set of dailys imo so far. The first two days had a number of things that I either bought or tempted me, this is just straight dunces across the board. Had been saving Tomb Raider Underworld for just this sort of disappointment so I picked that up.
I generally agree. I think there a few good deals for things I already own though.

I've gotten multiple games the last two days, but eh so far today. Maybe 2nd wave of Flash's will change my mind.

I somehow don't have Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, or 2 for that matter. But I do have 3.

How are the older ones?

And don't fucking say it's better on GOG.
4Ioy33u.gif

Also, there's a new Roller Coaster Tycoon coming out Soon™. Who knew?
I used to love playing the old Roller Coaster Tycoon games, they're good fun. I wasn't as big a fan of the 3rd one, I didn't like the 3D so much. I just preferred the isometric views of 1 and 2.

At the very least my $6 Watch_Dongs purchase was vindicated. $15 Gabe? Plz.
I ended up gambling on getting the Season Pass for like a dollar and change on one of those shady ass sites. I didn't pay the protection money and the key still actually worked. Waddayaknow?

I spent a Skyrim amount of hours on RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 and its expansion packs. I didnt play the others as RCT2 choked my PC and by the time I got a decent machine, I was on to other things.  I've always meant to get back into them though. (I own all and all expansions.)

bread's done
Back