Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Ok guys...

I don't generally GUSH... but Lego Jurassic Park on Steam is AWESOME!

They use the voices from the movies, it's open.. it's fantastic.  The 3DS is missing SOOOOOO much comparatively speaking. (though it was expected)  I'd say the 3DS is a similar but not as well done version.  This is.... mind boggling awesome.  (fan of the JP IP)

then kick him back.. show him those fancy wrestling moves ain't fake

:rofl:
tumblr_maebud5NAl1qk8z2oo1_400.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Also re: Watch_Dongs.  Game runs around 50-60 fps for me at high settings (ultra requires a 3GB graphics card).  4670k and 770 2GB.  Not seeing any of the performance issues people complained about early on.  M+K controls are sluggish at times but nothing that makes me want to rage quit/uninstall.  Overall it's a fun take on the GTA-clone genre (which I've gotten fairly bored of).  The hacking puts a nice spin on things.  People shit on the main story/campaign but I'm finding it entertaining enough, especially the main antagonist (or who I assume will turn out to be the main antagonist).

the biggest things that irritate me are the excessive featuring of early access games and the lack of good sales on older games I don't have (really i don't understand why quake, doom and hexen are always 50 percent off)
B/c Zenimax still needs to find a way to recoup losses for that cliche-as-Hell + mediocre-at-best ESO. ;)

Also re: Watch_Dongs. Game runs around 50-60 fps for me at high settings (ultra requires a 3GB graphics card). 4670k and 770 2GB. Not seeing any of the performance issues people complained about early on. M+K controls are sluggish at times but nothing that makes me want to rage quit/uninstall. Overall it's a fun take on the GTA-clone genre (which I've gotten fairly bored of). The hacking puts a nice spin on things. People shit on the main story/campaign but I'm finding it entertaining enough, especially the main antagonist (or who I assume will turn out to be the main antagonist).
u paid what? $6 for it? now imagine, pay $60 for it instead.. I would rage and curse that it will make Brucitis blush

Anyone doing an Age of Mythology 4 pack? I could deal with $5.63 for it.

Never mind. Found someone on Group Buys to buy one from.
a Russian host can subsidize your cost by 50%... gift copy from 4 pack split is region free (I got my copy that way)

Also re: Watch_Dongs. Game runs around 50-60 fps for me at high settings (ultra requires a 3GB graphics card). 4670k and 770 2GB. Not seeing any of the performance issues people complained about early on. M+K controls are sluggish at times but nothing that makes me want to rage quit/uninstall. Overall it's a fun take on the GTA-clone genre (which I've gotten fairly bored of). The hacking puts a nice spin on things. People shit on the main story/campaign but I'm finding it entertaining enough, especially the main antagonist (or who I assume will turn out to be the main antagonist).
Given this assessment from Mooby I'm left wondering how Watch Dongs didn't win all the goty awards

Also re: Watch_Dongs. Game runs around 50-60 fps for me at high settings (ultra requires a 3GB graphics card). 4670k and 770 2GB. Not seeing any of the performance issues people complained about early on.
Of course you are!

You're running a 2GB VRAM 770 - in which the 2 GB VRAM is the recommended specs for the vid card.

I had to toss most stuff at medium + a few things at Low at 1080p on my PC (i7 950; 1 GB VRAM GF 560 Ti; 16 GB RAM).

M+K controls are sluggish at times but nothing that makes me want to rage quit/uninstall. Overall it's a fun take on the GTA-clone genre (which I've gotten fairly bored of). The hacking puts a nice spin on things. People shit on the main story/campaign but I'm finding it entertaining enough, especially the main antagonist (or who I assume will turn out to be the main antagonist).
Like most GTA-like games - I use KB-M on foot; and X360 controller while driving.

But, yeah - I had a blast w/ the gameplay. I thought it was a blast w/ the hacking, stealthing, and GTA-mix. This is worth the price of admission at $6 alone.

The story is nowhere as interesting as you're hoping, either - you must be early on in the game. ;) Every time you think + hope it could get interesting, it doesn't fully tackle the important topic fully (it mentions or shows it, but does nothing or much with it) and/or takes a very cliched + ridiculous route.

WD Spoilers

The twist of the hacker being a female - saw that coming a mile away, since they never showed her face or voice early on. It was disguised. Clear clue, given nothing was ever shown...until you actually meet the character.

The "let's kill of a secondary character" and try to make the player feel sad and/or want revenge, but it doesn't get fleshed-out enough to feel this way.

Just like the game GUN (PC) - this Watch Dogs game often kills off cool characters period and/or any supporting characters too prematurely for you to even give a damn about what happened to them.

Also, it never really tackles the subject of human trafficking + prostitution angles it decides to present at some point, but not do much of anything with. It does a better job w/ tackling the hacking theme - but that also could've been done much better, as well.

Also, Aiden sucks as a character - he's right next to Connor from AC3 for "Most Disappointing Characters In A Game Who Could've + Should've Been Much More Interesting." That seems to be a common UbiSoft trait in some of their game of late, as well.

I'm at the end of Act 2 so I guess that's still early on?  Gameplay-wise I did laugh when it, too, had an 'unlock tower for MOAR activities' mechanic.  Ubisoft doesn't even try to make their games unique.

I'm at the end of Act 2 so I guess that's still early on? Gameplay-wise I did laugh when it, too, had an 'unlock tower for MOAR activities' mechanic. Ubisoft doesn't even try to make their games unique.
You're about half-way through.

5 Acts in total.

UbiSoft of late seems to make great gaming open-world playgrounds and game-worlds (see AC3, AC4, FC3, WD) - but they forget to sometimes make their stories + characters great. I mean, what was the last great story + characters in a Ubi game of late? Maybe...AC: Revelations?

Of course, AC: Rev already had built these great characters of Altair + Ezio up from previous titles, so it was just finishing their stories off and giving us closure on those particular characters.

Anyone know if Age of Empires II has been on a flash or daily yet? Looking to get the Forgotten expansion at 75% or bust. 

Picked up a couple copies of Chivalry for some friends, at 2.49 I couldn't say no to some gift-able copies. 

Also, started using my dualshock 4 as my primary PC controller, tis wonderful and would recommend for those ps4 owners in the thread. 

Given this assessment from Mooby I'm left wondering how Watch Dongs didn't win all the goty awards
I think Mooby's statement speaks for itself + alludes to why it ain't GOTY:

People shit on the main story/campaign but I'm finding it entertaining enough, especially the main antagonist (or who I assume will turn out to be the main antagonist).
Certainly, a game called "Entertaining enough" for its story ain't developing something as masterful as say Planescape: Torment.

Hell, WD ain't even on Sleeping Dogs' level of storytelling + character development. SD's storytelling + char-development was really good, BTW. It's just...most games can't top PS:T for that kind of stuff, IMHO.

It's Mooby. Him saying something is entertaining enough is like a normal person saying something is orgasmically amazing.

He doesn't get excited about shit except Invisible inc apparently but I'm still not convinced someone didn't hijack his computer during that period.

Listen, poo bear, I'll tuck you in a read you a story, 'kay?  I don't really play games for stories.  Watch_Dongs = blow shit up simulator.  The narrative is sufficient to drive the action.  Quality old RPGs like Gothic 1 and 2 have pretty terrible stories but their settings are good.

Sleepy Dongs' story wasn't anything spectacular.  Certainly no better than WD.  The double-life undercover cop thing has been done to death.

I just love finding game gems when all I wanted was a +1.   I went fishing for cheap-o games (that had somewhat positive ratings) and I found this game called Out there Somewhere that was 19 cents (or  74 in a developer 4 pack).  It's not the prettiest game ever made and has really stumped me a few times, but I've had SO much fun so far. 

It's funny how a AAA game that costs so much more can be a "meh" and some dirt cheap game can be really fun.

Had gotten zero drops despite playing this stupid "game" since the beginning. I had even tried quitting and joining a new game, but got nothing. But when I tried joining the game of someone on my friends list, I immediately got 4 cards.

Want to pick up The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, but I can see it being in an IG or even HB (it was in that Focus Weekly HB many months ago).

If it were 90% off I'd make the purchase. 80%?

xoQrBch.png

re: Watch Dogs- I thought the character in one of the DLCs T-Bone was supposed to be more interesting than the main character.  I think Myster D has reviewed Watch Dogs well.  Motoki, Mooby and others were correct to buy at $6 from best buy. 

RE: Watch Dongs, I found the story reasonably mediocre and wasn't engaged at all but my main problem was with the way missions work etc, I found myself taking 5 mins to do a mission followed by a fucking hour of trying to get away from bad guys/cops. Maybe I just suck at it

Did you not see the hacking-evasion driving skill tree? Sometimes I'd start shit just to take down heli's or change lights on cops causing awesome pile-ups.
Yes I did the only problem is it takes work and game time and I just wanted to rush through the story and shelve the game and I think in hindsight that was my problem with the game, I just didn't care enough to play it properly.

I somehow don't have Roller Coaster Tycoon 1, or 2 for that matter. But I do have 3.

How are the older ones?

And don't fucking say it's better on GOG.
4Ioy33u.gif
Well, this is awkward. I was going to ask if there was any reason to prefer the GOG versions of RCT 1 and 2.

In fact, I am asking. Anyone know if there are any issues with the Steam versions of the first two Rollercoaster Tycoon games? Is there a reason to go with them on GOG instead?

I think in hindsight that was my problem with the game, I just didn't care enough to play it properly.
I think that's the problem most of us have here with every game. And why those damned clickr games are so popular. We can finally play a game without having to play it!

Well, this is awkward. I was going to ask if there was any reason to prefer the GOG versions of RCT 1 and 2.

In fact, I am asking. Anyone know if there are any issues with the Steam versions of the first two Rollercoaster Tycoon games? Is there a reason to go with them on GOG instead?
Yes. I heard the Steam version gives you cancer. GOG version gives free blow jobs. Buy it there.

I found driving and causing mayhem in Watch Dogs entertaining enough that I'd walk out into the street and start firing my gun into the air just to provoke a police chase.

Yes. I heard the Steam version gives you cancer. GOG version gives free blow jobs. Buy it there.
So, wait. Is the cancer free as well or do I have to pay for it?

I think that's the problem most of us have here with every game. And why those damned clickr games are so popular. We can finally play a game without having to play it!

finally bought something from GOG!

Listen, poo bear, I'll tuck you in a read you a story, 'kay? I don't really play games for stories. Watch_Dongs = blow shit up simulator. The narrative is sufficient to drive the action. Quality old RPGs like Gothic 1 and 2 have pretty terrible stories but their settings are good.

Sleepy Dongs' story wasn't anything spectacular. Certainly no better than WD. The double-life undercover cop thing has been done to death.
Is dongs the new derp?

bread's done
Back