Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Now my playtimes for bundle trash will be 3-4 hours instead of 1-2. I might have to make my profile private to hide my shame.

It makes sense for Valve to do that, though. The other thing they could do is make card drops from games bought in the store ineligible for market transactions until 2 weeks have passed or 2+ hours have been played (if a person gets a refund, the cards are removed from inventory). So, you get your card drops after less time but can't sell/trade them until you have 2+ hours of playtime or have owned the game for 2 weeks.

This way card drops from games redeemed with keys aren't unnecessarily prolonged by a couple hours.

Hey...we work HARD for the right to complain about lackluster sales!

I'm with Mooby. I've got almost 70 items on my wishlist, and going into the sale I realized I was unlikely to see any deals worth getting excited about on any of them. That has proven to be the case. The AAA titles I wanted had even stingier discounts than I had expected, the indies I can't buy for fear of being bundled. I've been picking up things here and there just to use up card money, but I don't really care anymore. Speaking of which, Rage DLC, yes or no?
Rage dlc is good and well worth the 1.25 or whatever it is on sale. I recommend it.

It had been a LONG while since I built my last PC til this one. I was an off the shelf... but the one I built saved me about $800 from the prebuilt ones. The CheapAss in me couldn't just let that go. I'll build my own.

And the 60% was fan-freakin-tastic for POE. And I didn't have to Hola! to do it.
Happy I could point you to it. I was pumped when I saw it by chance last night too. Been looking forward to a good RPG for a while and now I'm innundated with them between this, Witcher 3, and Fallout 4 hype.

If there had been better sales on Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin my head might have exploded. :whee:

I've always been a console owner and I'm not mechanically inclined at all so I'd be afraid that I'd eff up trying to build a PC. The cheapest Alphas I've seen online are between $450 and $500, and I would need to replace the hard drive up to 2 TB for me to even want to bother so that would be at least another $100. Plus, I already own a PS4 and Xbox One so I'm pretty much set for the current gen. It's just that I'm envious that Steam owners have access to games between $1 and $3 when I lurk on the Steam thread. But later on this year, I might look at a small case PC set-up if I don't get a Steambox since digital is becoming more and more attractive to me. But thanks for the advice!
I've had a Alpha for about a month and I'm pretty happy with it. I bought it because we switched the household to Mac but I had all of these Steam games from over the years that were PC only. Just make sure you understand the limitations of the system - what you will and won't be able to do with it especially down the road. It is very small and very quiet - as in it's smaller than a Wii.

I will say from first-hand experience if you're going to get one buy and install extra memory and an SSD yourself. When I got mine I popped in another 8GB RAM ($45 on sale) and a 256GB SSD ($75 on sale). I popped the 5400rpm hard drive that I took out of it into a small external USB case and use it as a second drive.

I got mine for $329 - it was on sale for $399 after a coupon code and there was also a $70 SlickDeals rebate - so even with the upgrades I did myself I still came in under the $499 they typically ask for the base system.

NOOOOOOOOOOO...

They should only do this for store purchases. Leave us key activators alone! We're not going to refund this shit!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is annoying. I was wondering yesterday why it took so long to get card drops. They should at least differentiate between store purchases and key activations, which can't be refunded anyways.

I think the algorithm was changed overnight in Washington time. I left it idling when I went to sleep at 4AM Eastern and it was on Hyperdimension Neptunia. And it's on Hyperdimension Neptunia 2 6 hours later.

Also, you're welcome for buying both weeaboo games so they'll be bundled.

@HBX Steam wouldn't do anything to make key activations more appealing or advantageous than buying directly from them.  It sucks, but I get the logic behind the move.

Speaking of card drops, I didn't get a single one from the clicker game yesterday/today. I tried making new games, joining friend's games... nothing. :wall:
Ah man no wonder it took forever for me to get my Dungeons Draconis cards yesterday. I still have like 1886 or so cards left to idle.

Funnily I joined a CAG's game and went through a few levels getting some high upgrades since the game was going fast. Ended up getting 3 drops in like 10 minutes haha.

Can someone explain to me why the Devil May Cry 3&4 Bundle is more expensive than buying each game separate?
Steam logic.....when someone sees an easier way to get something they will usually go for that than individually adding everything to their cart. This actual sounds pretty well sound....people are lazy and want instant gratification. They see that bundle and bam all the games are theirs.

milcd.jpg

Why would you wait to idle cards? Idle them ASAP so you can get chances of booster packs. Leave the comp. on at night with idlemaster.

I would guess that this new change will probably increase the price of cards somewhat.

It sucks for those worthless cards from games that give like 7 drops yet they are each worth a cent or 2. I wish valve would have regulated card sets to be 5-6 or so. Would have stabilized the market a bit better with better card prices for everyone.

I'll pick up the talisman Dungeon and Hinterlands expansions for 2.79 each. Only thing of use from sale for me. Everything else I got was  below .24 cent crap with trading cards worth more then the games.

Happy I could point you to it. I was pumped when I saw it by chance last night too. Been looking forward to a good RPG for a while and now I'm innundated with them between this, Witcher 3, and Fallout 4 hype.

If there had been better sales on Wasteland 2 and Divinity Original Sin my head might have exploded. :whee:
See and because I backed Bards Tale 4... I'll be getting Wasteland 2 for free. I'm up to my neck in RPGs. But right now my attention is on Lego Jurassic Park. That game is like crack. Well that and clicker heroes. Though that's starting to wane after I ascended just to start over.

Daily Deals
Ending 6/19
75% off Banished - $4.99
50% off Dungeons 2 - $19.99
66% off DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition - $16.99
85% off Euro Truck Simulator - $1.34
80% off Euro Truck Simulator 2 - $4.59 (up to 80% off bundles/DLC)
50% off Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series - $14.99
75% off METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES - $4.99
50% off Offworld Trading Company - $19.99
33% off Pillars of Eternity - $30.14
33% off Pillars of Eternity - Champion Edition - $40.19
33% off Plague Inc: Evolved - $10.04
85% off Planetary Annihilation - $4.49 (85% off DLC)
66% off South Park: The Stick of Truth - $13.59 (66% off DLC)
40% off StarDrive 2 - $17.99
50% off Zombie Army Trilogy - $22.49
Up to 80% off Arma Franchise
50% off Company of Heroes Franchise
Up to 75% off The Elder Scrolls Franchise

Flash Sales
Ending 6/18 Group #2
75% off Bastion - $3.74
60% off Creativerse - $7.99
75% off Hearts of Iron III - $2.49
87% off Lichdom: Battlemage - $5.19
60% off Never Alone (Kisima Ingitchuna) - $5.99
50% off Planet Explorers - $12.49
50% off Please, Don’t Touch Anything - $2.49
60% off S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Bundle - $15.99 (up to 60% off individual games)
80% off SpeedRunners - $2.99 (70% off DLC)
75% off Test Drive Unlimited 2 - $4.99
50% off The Jackbox Party Pack - $12.49
70% off The Secret World - $8.99
50% off The Secret World: Ultimate Edition - $41.99
40% off The Sims 3 - $11.99 (up to 40% off packs/DLC)
40% off The Sims Medieval - $5.99
80% off Torchlight - $2.99
80% off Torchlight II - $3.99
75% off Train Fever - $8.74

Monster Community Sales
Ending 6/19
66% off Abyss Odyssey - $5.09
75% off Astebreed - $3.74
80% off DisplayFusion - $5.99
75% off DreadOut - $3.74
80% off Fight The Dragon - $2.99
75% off King Arthur's Gold - $2.49
80% off One Way Heroics - $0.69
45% off Tokyo School Life - $8.24
50% off Void Destroyer - $7.49

Daily Deal
85% off Blood Knights (Steam) - $2.25

24 Hour Bundles
Up to 75% off Thieve's Stash - $7.47
Up to 80% off The Runaways $5.97

Every day once sales are announced, I realize how much hoarding I have actually done. Looks like imma just buy Magic 2014 when the sale is near over and let that be that.  

Never Alone is showing up in the flash sale section, but hasn't it been 33% off the entire sale?

Nevermind. Its 60% off when I click through.

Some decent deals today. Ground Zeroes for $4.99 is a great price but I already picked that one up in the last steam sale, oops! In for Astebreed and DreadOut for $3.74, both games hit that magic 75% off price and they look really cool.

EDIT: Looks like Metal Gear Rising is on sale as well for $7.49 (75% off). I believe it was 5.99 (80% off) last sale but still a decent pickup at $7.49 as it's a really great game. 

Skyrim Legendary Edition - $13.59

SIms 3 - $12 Is it the best sims game? never played a sims game.

Arma 3 - $24 Is it a good game worth investing time into?

Are they good prices?

Very few OK deals today. Im generally disappointed as there's nothing I particularly want.

4.99 for MGS Ground Zeroes is very fair value. 14.99 for Telltale Game of Thrones is a bit high for many I would imagine. Its very high quality and I enjoy it but I can understand passing on it for now. Its typical Telltale and fits the GoT universe well. Stick of Truth and Skyrim Legendary should be lower than they are, obviously very high quality games though.

Can't really suggest any of the flashes, Im sure someone can suggest something from there. EDIT: Never Alone is a very nice game, thats worthy, but another that I can understand waiting on.

Astebreed for 3.74 is a great deal. It has been bundled but I believe only at a higher tier. Its a great twist on the shmup. Abyss Odyssey is not worth 5.09. 

I guess the only thing Im considering is DreadOut lol

THese deals are pretty decent. Banished for 5 bucks, metal gear solid 5 bucks, lichdom 87% off, astebreed and dreadout 75% off and fight the dragon 80% off. Really not a bad day at all.

*sees "Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition" for $16

Ooh, all DLC? Nope, there's still $190.80 worth of DLC for the game. fuck .

Abyss Odyssey is not worth 5.09.
Why not? It looked kind of interesting. I don't think it's been bundled yet, although it could very well be in the future. But then again a fair number of people on my friends list already have it, so it was either in an obscure bundle somewhere or the y'all just couldn't control yourselves during the winter sale.

Why not? It looked kind of interesting. I don't think it's been bundled yet, although it could very well be in the future. But then again a fair number of people on my friends list already have it, so it was either in an obscure bundle somewhere or the y'all just couldn't control yourselves during the winter sale.
I got it for like 2 TF2 keys before the regional lock and market BS happened. I just think its a clunky game. Great art style but the gameplay was not all that interesting. It's screaming to be bundled.

I got it for like 2 TF2 keys before the regional lock and market BS happened. I just think its a clunky game. Great art style but the gameplay was not all that interesting. It's screaming to be bundled.
I agree, the combat is really clunky and the game wasn't very fun from what I've played of it. I think it'll be bundled eventually, just not sure how soon that'll happen.

I'm seriously considering Fight the Dragon at that price.

Dreadout is something I'd not ever paid attention to, although I guess I was vaguely aware of it.  Might bite on that as well.

I got an email from Indiegala and amazingly Dying Light is $29.99 there.  Hopefully Steam will at least hit that price in the remaining days - but for those who don't want to wait:

https://www.indiegala.com/store

bread's done
Back