Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You can likely pay for about close to 25% of Sakura Spirit through cards dropped if you don't pay through all card money anyway. It looks a bit mediocre but the art looks nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
More bundle fodder/early access flash deals. Orcs Must Die 2 is worth it if for some reason you haven't gotten it by now.
Eh. Orcs Must Die 2 is an excellent game, but its been bundled and a quick perusal of one trading site shows it obtainable for a key for the base and 2 for the complete version and its rather abundant. Not really a strong buy. Its also been cheaper on Steam before.

I feel kinda bad, rooting for the poor Brazilian Real to crash even more... just so I don't have to pay a whole $10 for Life is Strange.

brl-usd-30-day-exchange-rates-history-chart.png

90 percent off the Serious Sam games is long overdue, as 85 percent off is simply not enough. Primarily looking to get Classics Revolution, as its a great deal, as it includes the two original Encounters. Those haven't been bundled yet, unlike the HD versions.

I never get the whole nudity label on some of these games.  Sakura Spirit doesn't appear to actually have any nudity, but still got the tag.

Saw this game, the title made me lol... reminded me of that  "RUNS WITH SCISSORS" T-Shirt from the early 2000's (Thinkgeek)

..so I had to change my avatar.

header.jpg

Re: Kerbal. Should I wait guys? I just don't know.

Here's the deal. It never goes less than 40% off. Ever. But they kept raising the price. You probably won't see that 50% off sale but you might as well wait anyway. Direct2Drive never raised the retail price on the last hike so if all else fails you can get it there for $30 regular price.

All of this is noted on IsThereAnyDeal and for the extra lazy it's all built into the Steam store page via Enhanced Steam. I thought this was common knowledge.

Re: Rooting for the Brazilian economy to crash to get Life is Strange cheap.

I'm rooting for it to soar so you don't buy that terrible game.

One of the Steam Monster game groups hit 100 million earlier.  It seems to be as high as you can go.  (at least for now)

There's a badge for 100 million already.  It appears to be a picture of a wormhole.

Hmm. I think I'm going to pass on Titan Souls. Most of the reviews sound off about it being too short. I wanted it but I can wait for a better sale. We're supposed to keep telling ourselves that right? 

Hmm. I think I'm going to pass on Titan Souls. Most of the reviews sound off about it being too short. I wanted it but I can wait for a better sale. We're supposed to keep telling ourselves that right?
I really want the game but I'm not buying a short game for 40% off when it could be bundle fodder. Once it hits 75% off that'll be a much tougher decision

Edit: Random (somewhat) I already beat Astebreed already today. It's really short, playing on normal difficulty took me less than 3 hours to complete the game. It was also surprisingly easy for a shmup, i only died probably about 5 times and i think 3 or 4 of those were on the final boss. It's a pretty cool and unique taken on the shmup genre, and i could imagine you could get a lot of playtime out of it if you're a completionist (I looked at the achievements and I could see some of those driving me crazy). Some of the things that are a bit different than many shmups is that one button can be used to fire a spread attack, but when held will spread out into a circle around your mech and lock on to the enemies around you (at the cost of slowing your character), while another button will also shoot when tapped in a different spread, but when held will spread into a cone which can be aimed to lock on to enemies from a distance. You also have a sword which can be used in a variety of combos. If you like shmups at all i definitely recommend it. I may come back to it someday and beat it on hard.

Yeah, I read the reviews after this post and decided to refund it after impulse buying it earlier today. Ill wait on that one too.

Anybody bought DreadOut? I'm interested in it, but the system requirements are rather demanding and it's going into the backlog anyway. ES says it's the cheapest it's ever been and it's never been in a bundle, so this may be the best time to grab it.

So Risen 3 is still 75% off for the next eight or so hours.  If anyone was on the fence my early impression is that it's worth it.  The character system is the same as Risen 2 which is kind of meh.  The melee combat is slightly improved as things take a bit more timing although it's still rolling-centric.  However, it greatly improves on the magic system that was in Risen 1 and the near non-existent magic of Risen 2.  So, closer to R1 than R2.  And arguably better than R1 in some ways (albeit worse in others).

Flash Sales
Ending 6/20 Group #1
80% off Ace of Spades: Battle Builder - $2.99
90% off Awesomenauts - $0.99 (50% off DLC/DLC bundles)
66% off Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition - $6.79
66% off Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - $6.79
66% off Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition - $6.79
75% off BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger - $2.49
50% off BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend - $14.99
60% off Broken Age - $9.99
40% off Etherium - $17.99
80% off Hammerwatch - $1.99
75% off Interstellar Marines - $4.74
75% off LIMBO - $2.49
75% off Orcs Must Die! Franchise Pack - $8.74 (75% off individual items)
40% off RUNNING WITH RIFLES - $8.99
80% off Sakura Spirit - $1.99
25% off Satellite Reign - $22.49
50% off The Book of Unwritten Tales Collection - $34.99 (up to 80% off individual items)
75% off Tripwire Bundle - March 2014 - $24.99 (up to 75% off individual items)

Up to 75% off Batman Franchise

re: Life is Strange

It's really that bad eh'? Thanks for the warning.
It's basically Twin Peaks Wayward Pines* meets Twilight meets Let Me Take A Selfie told Telltale Style.

Some Europeans who don't know shit about America except stereotypes on TV and just general people with bad taste liked it, but it's just really awful, forced, cliche and not very believable to me. Unlike Mooby, I don't make a habit of trashing games and I actually really liked their past game Remember Me. I went into this one wanting to love it but I just couldn't.

I mean if the idea of Oh my god I am SOOO misunderstood you guys but hey let me take this selfie emo teenagers appeals to you think go for it but I couldn't stomach it.

* I won't even insult Twin Peaks by comparing Life is Strange to it so I'll compare it to the crappy Shyamalamadingdong knock off instead.

So Risen 3...greatly improves on the magic system that was in Risen 1 and the near non-existent magic of Risen 2. So, closer to R1 than R2. And arguably better than R1 in some ways (albeit worse in others).
Well Risen 2 had the totally not racist Shaka Zulu style voodoo system. :p

So Risen 3 is still 75% off for the next eight or so hours. If anyone was on the fence my early impression is that it's worth it. The character system is the same as Risen 2 which is kind of meh.

The melee combat is slightly improved as things take a bit more timing although it's still rolling-centric.

However, it greatly improves on the magic system that was in Risen 1 and the near non-existent magic of Risen 2. So, closer to R1 than R2. And arguably better than R1 in some ways (albeit worse in others).
Sweet!

I already bought Risen 3: Complete yesterday, since I've always dug PB's games + 75% off is that magic price for me...especially even more so w/ RPG's and/or time-sinks. Sure, they ain't the best in the world - but they're always damn good + consistent, IMHO....other than G3 (base-game) being a technical mess. Even when G3 was a technical mess, even despite that - I still somehow managed over 80 hours w/ it and enjoyed it.

Glad to hear magic's got a bigger role in R3. I really liked Risen 1 (personally, I thought this was PB's best RPG since the original Gothic) + also really liked Risen 2 (they nailed the whole pirates theme + settings, IMHO).

Will look forward to playing this - but w/ DA: Inquisition still on my plate (currently playing + loving this game), it might be a while. And if I could get W3 running worth a damn on this PC - or better yet, if I even get a worthwhile vid-card - then that might also get in the way of Risen 3.

One of the Steam Monster game groups hit 100 million earlier. It seems to be as high as you can go. (at least for now)

There's a badge for 100 million already. It appears to be a picture of a wormhole.
And for those curious, here's what the game looks like when you hit room 100m:

steamgame7.png

You still use items and kill, but don't progress. As for the 100M badge, it looks like:

wormhole.png

re: Life is Strange

It's basically Twin Peaks Wayward Pines* meets Twilight meets Let Me Take A Selfie told Telltale Style.

Some Europeans who don't know shit about America except stereotypes on TV and just general people with bad taste liked it, but it's just really awful, forced, cliche and not very believable to me. Unlike Mooby, I don't make a habit of trashing games and I actually really liked their past game Remember Me. I went into this one wanting to love it but I just couldn't.

I mean if the idea of Oh my god I am SOOO misunderstood you guys but hey let me take this selfie emo teenagers appeals to you think go for it but I couldn't stomach it.
Dammit - I still really want to play that game!

Where's that 75% off sale on Life Is Strange (Complete Season)? ;)

And BTW - I felt Remember Me was very underrated....you know, once the game actually gets its story going + some more combat skills get behind the player - i.e. once it gets personal, a few hours into it in the story. I loved the art design + direction in that game, BTW.

I'm very curious how DontNod's upcoming Vampyr RPG game is going to turn out...

I'm very curious how DontNod's upcoming Vampyr RPG game is going to turn out...
Since it's not middle aged Frenchmen writing about teenage girls in the Pacific Northwest I think it's bound to be better.

Looks interesting. Art looks different than the last two as well which kind of had a samey look to them.. If you dressed the Remember Me people up in flannel like it was 1992, that is.

Went through a few races in Grid 1, man this game is really hard. The only assist I turned off was for braking. The AI seems like they're out to get me worse than in Burnout Paradise. Turns are harder/easy? Just slow down and get the finger off the triggers. Never managed to drift in this game yet.

It's really that bad eh'? Thanks for the warning.
Its not that bad. Not in the slightest. Its actually quite good so far. Different strokes I guess.

Some of the dialogue is wonky, but I've found the story engaging so far. Its hard to really judge it as a game at the moment because there's still 2 episodes to go and it could fall off a cliff. Resolution needs to happen to know if a player's decisions really affect the story as that is what the game pushes. The story is interesting and the characters get more and more fleshed out each episode. The time rewind mechanic is at the center of the story, but it's nothing groundbreaking as a gameplay mechanic other than helping you solve the very light puzzles. The first episode is probably the weakest, but I enjoyed 2 and 3 more.

Its not a game of the year candidate or anything like that, but depending on how the story is resolved and how these decisions affect the outcome will say a lot about its quality.

So uh.. this wasn't the reason I was expecting for requesting my first refund from Steam. Bought Risen 3 Complete from steam.. and then a few minutes later this happened..

image.png

Refund request got approved within about an hour lol

I don't get the fascination with Kerr-bawl. Unless you really like builder games.
I didn't understand it either, until I saw someone start designing total nonsense and trying to get it into space. We're talking spinning rockets covered in disco lights, rockets that flip upside down mid-flight and keep going, rockets with helicopter style blades made out of rocket boosters, and a "spaceplane" that was really just a giant 40 ton rocket-propelled wheel that rolled slowly into the ocean over the course of about 15 minutes and then managed to float across the surface of the water.

It's not just about building rockets, it's also about designing things that have absolutely no business getting off the ground and then finding insane ways to make them work. Or explode. Or both at the same time.

I don't get the fascination with Kerr-bawl. Unless you really like builder games.
Because they see the funny YouTube videos and stuff and think "Haha, that's a riot". But the actual game requires a bit of dedication and understanding of physics and that sort of thing before you see anything interesting, much less YouTube worthy. Sort of like that Universe Sandbox game -- unless you're really into astronomy you're better off watching other people's funny moments.

Anybody bought DreadOut? I'm interested in it, but the system requirements are rather demanding and it's going into the backlog anyway. ES says it's the cheapest it's ever been and it's never been in a bundle, so this may be the best time to grab it.
I bought DreadOut and played some the other night. It's all right. Graphics are really weirdly uneven; your character looks decent but then you come across tons of muddled textures and cars that look like someone cut them out of construction paper. The store page really only shows its best moments graphically and not the "Am I playing this on a PS2?" backgrounds. The game play ranges from fairly spooky to irritating when you're being mauled by some wraith that takes seven camera flashes to disperse. I don't regret buying it for the price but I couldn't really recommend it either.

Another note on Risen 3 -- it has multiple difficulty levels if you find it too easy or too hard.  Bringing companions along is an additional crutch you can use.  Tends to help early game if, for example, you know you want to go purely magic and don't want to sink points in any melee skills.  You're forced to team with Patty for the hour or so tutorial part but after that companions are entirely optional (for the most part, there might be some quests later on where people accompany you).

bread's done
Back