Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I should probably play through the first three Batmans first.  I'd hate to not understand the plot.

I bought Risen 3 on Mooby's sacred oath of quality.  This is all riding on your shoulders, Moobs.

I'm very curious how DontNod's upcoming Vampyr RPG game is going to turn out...
Hm. Looks like Bloodlines with some crafting grafted onto it to me. Personally, and I'm probably in a minority of one on this, but I don't feel as though shoehorning crafting systems into games necessarily makes them better or more interesting or more fun. Most crafting systems just aren't worth the effort because you can get/loot/steal better gear than you can ever make without toting around an infinite variety of widgets in an inevitably limited inventory. This really just seems like an MMO idea that somebody thought would be a good thing to shift into regular games and has regrettably become the norm, like another bullet point in a press release or on the back of a box.

EDIT: Crafting in Wasteland 2 is a good example. If you put points into Weaponsmithing you can break down weapons or add mods that add small bonuses to various weapon classes, but none of the bonuses are all that great and you're basically lugging around a bunch of weapon parts that (once you change locations) you can't sell for much money or really use until you get a gun or melee weapon better than the one you're currently using. It's not worth the time and effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
I should probably play through the first three Batmans first. I'd hate to not understand the plot.
I don't think there was an arcing plot. But I only beat 1 and 2. I didn't play 3. Mostly small arcs in one giant arc. Oh look you kill Joker. But not really. Oh look you've taken down Penguin, he'll be back. Or Mr Freeze.

I just enjoy beating the fuck outta things sometimes. I makes me smile :)

Hm. Looks like Bloodlines with some crafting grafted onto it to me.
Sweet! I always wanted to play a servant of dark undeath who spends his evenings roaming dangerous alleyways and sewers collecting raccoon pelts, weed patches and stray bits of concrete so I can fashion myself a new hat.

Actually, this could work. Skills to make ankh jewelry, skills to fill a spiral notebook with bad poetry and ballpoint pen drawings of large-eyed girls holding black roses, skills to create the perfect Cure mixtape...

Still trying to wrap my head around how Steam managed to turn a huge chunk of people who previously didn't give a shit about badges into some of the most insane badgewhores I have ever seen.

Not me!  After the first day, I joined enough games just to make my Summer Sale badge and was done.  I've never bothered looking at anyone else's badges and can't imagine that anyone cares about mine (or lack thereof).

Unless you're in it for the badge(s), there was no reason to play the game since someone else was going to unlock everything anyway.

I enjoyed seeing some usually-quite-restrained Steam Thread Regulars getting all hot under the collar during the gem auction last Christmas.

"This gem auction sucks balls"
"But you get a special badge for winning an auction"
"OMGOMGOMG WHAT CAN I GET FOR 1575 GEMS?!"
[3 hours pass]
"Woo! Just scored Toki Tori for 6295 gems!"

Y'all just silly.

These Gabenbuckstm are burning a whole through my Steam wallet. I hope something good comes down today. In the meantime, should I get Book of Unwritten Tales 1(which I missed when it was 99c) or Infested Planet? 

Edit: I cant spell gud

I enjoyed seeing some usually-quite-restrained Steam Thread Regulars getting all hot under the collar during the gem auction last Christmas.

"This gem auction sucks balls"
"But you get a special badge for winning an auction"
"OMGOMGOMG WHAT CAN I GET FOR 1575 GEMS?!"
[3 hours pass]
"Woo! Just scored Toki Tori for 6295 gems!"

Y'all just silly.
Hey there were some good deals in the gem auction in a bargain basement clearance rack sift through a ton of junk to find one good thing sort of way.

This thing is just epeen. They can't even get it to drop nearly worthless cards right.

So today's the last day of sales, right?
Today's the last day of the monster game. Sunday is the last day of sales.

They changed it, so now the monster game ends the same day as the sale.

It says, "The Monster Summer Game will be available to play until June 22nd at 9am PDT" It used to say June 20th at 10am PDT.

Don't make me dig out my spreadsheet again!

Although, to this day, the 7500 gems I spent on The Golf Club to get it at 84% off remains one of my most cherished deals. I'd feel prouder but having just checked said spreadsheet, I see that seven of my ten purchases have since been bundled.

Yay for buying junk!

Hey there were some good deals in the gem auction in a bargain basement clearance rack sift through a ton of junk to find one good thing sort of way.

This thing is just epeen. They can't even get it to drop nearly worthless cards right.
You are 100% correct. In fact it does not even rise to the level of epeen. And yet I feel compelled to glom onto a 100 million level game. Compelled!

Wow I really want that Wormhole badge. Of course every group I've been in hasn't come close to level 100m. Highest I've made it was over 30k. Anyone gonna have a group to iron that out today?

And wanted to say *cough* it's my birthday *cough* that it would be cool if I got that badge because I love useless icons . . .

All this Risen 3 talk makes me really want it, though I watch the videos and have no idea why. I have more than enough of this type of game to fill my time and the refund hasn't arrived back in my wallet yet. Just banged the blonde witch in Witcher 3 so I'm making progress on that front.

Savage Lands: Spawn, scour the beach collecting rocks, chops down some trees, collect twigs, make a lean-to, wander around for an hour not seeing any fauna while trying to find some flint to make a friggin' arrow.

Derps of Prey: Spawn in, get killed by cannibals.  Spawn in, find my knife, stab some wood off a tree, get eaten by camposaurs.  Spawn in, get eaten by the same camposaurs.  Spawn in, harvest enough wood to make a work bench, get attacked by cannibals, kill them, get killed by dilophsaurs.   Spawn in, run to corpse to reclaim bench, get killed by dilophsaurs who formed an alliance with the camposaurs.

There has to be a middle ground here.

Savage Lands: Spawn, scour the beach collecting rocks, chops down some trees, collect twigs, make a lean-to, wander around for an hour not seeing any fauna while trying to find some flint to make a friggin' arrow.

Derps of Prey: Spawn in, get killed by cannibals. Spawn in, find my knife, stab some wood off a tree, get eaten by camposaurs. Spawn in, get eaten by the same camposaurs. Spawn in, harvest enough wood to make a work bench, get attacked by cannibals, kill them, get killed by dilophsaurs. Spawn in, run to corpse to reclaim bench, get killed by dilophsaurs who formed an alliance with the camposaurs.

There has to be a middle ground here.
You should buy Ark, it got bumped up to 17% off from 17% off so it's a good time to buy it

Climb the hill, don't follow the coast. You'll find more than enough things to whack at slightly higher elevations. I like this one, nice monster variety, decent visuals, okay survival stuff, was actually able to kill something.

continuing the survival blurbs:

7 Days to Die: Spawn, collect assorted car parts (all these batteries are going to come in handy whenever I figure out how to craft a sledgehammer made of batteries), whack zombies, die. Cool biomes though, spawned in snow, desert, some burnt out town where the zombies lit me on fire.

Wow I really want that Wormhole badge. Of course every group I've been in hasn't come close to level 100m. Highest I've made it was over 30k. Anyone gonna have a group to iron that out today?

And wanted to say *cough* it's my birthday *cough* that it would be cool if I got that badge because I love useless icons . . .
Use to join a game room if you want to hit 100m (Requires use of browser console to issue a java command so you can join a specific room): http://www.twitch.tv/ulletical/

Get your HP up and just sit there and let everyone else do the work for you or just don't do anything and stay in the red bar statistic. 4 Rooms made it to 100m and enough over 30m for Wormholes and Like New to be plentiful.

If I read correctly, Derps of Prey has a bug in the single player mode where AI controlled critters (dinosaurs, cannibals, whatever) won't interact with each other. I get the impression that, working properly, the cannibals would be kept busy getting chased by camposaurs and the tyrannosaurus would be hunting the triceratops but instead they all just want to murder me and teabag my corpse.

Climb the hill, don't follow the coast. You'll find more than enough things to whack at slightly higher elevations. I like this one, nice monster variety, decent visuals, okay survival stuff, was actually able to kill something.
Will do. I assumed/hoped that it was just taking a little time to get rolling.

It can't be your birthday because its my birthday. If anyone deserves a level 100m group its me. That being said, my group is level 12k at the moment.

It seems like they could have done one more day of game unlocks.  (but there aren't any)  Maybe they plan on doing an encore of the unlocks as well.

So I like starting from the start. Given that, do I want to play Gothic (series) before playing Risen (Series)? Or doesn't it matter....
doesn't really matter. honestly they're almost the same game except risen obviously has better graphics. i liked the two games (gothic and risen 1) about the same. i think gothic 2 probably has a reputation for being the best out of the gothic/risen series though

So excited for the amazing deals today, so much so got up early to make sure be home in time for them!

...or just wanted to go to the bank while it was only miserable instead of 110+ degree melt your skin hot >.>

Daily Deals
Ending 6/21
85% off Age of Empires II HD - $2.99 (85% off packs/bundles/DLC)
50% off DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE - $24.99
75% off Goat Simulator - $2.49
71% off Goat Simulator + GoatZ - $4.34
25% off Kerbal Space Program - $29.99
20% off Killing Floor 2 - $23.99
25% off Mortal Kombat X - $44.99
25% off Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition - $67.49
34% off Stranded Deep - $9.89
75% off The Stanley Parable - $3.74
75% off theHunter: Primal - $7.49
Up to 75% off Assassin's Creed Franchise
Up to 80% off Europa Universalis Franchise
Up to 75% off Fallout Franchise
Up to 75% off Resident Evil Franchise
Up to 80% off Saints Row Franchise
75% off Tropico Franchise

Flash Sales
Ending 6/20 Group #2
75% off Among the Sleep - $4.99
50% off Grim Dawn - $12.49
80% off Men of War: Assault Squad - Game of the Year Edition - $2.99 (80% off individual items)
80% off Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - $5.99 (up to 80% off DLC)
33% off NEKOPARA Vol. 1 - $6.69
75% off One Finger Death Punch - $1.24
40% off Project CARS - $29.99
50% off RIDE - $9.99
90% off Space Hulk - $2.49 (90% off packs/DLC)
81% off Space Hulk Ascension - $5.69 (66% off DLC)
80% off Starpoint Gemini - $2.79 (80% off DLC)
66% off Starpoint Gemini 2 - $11.89 (66% off DLC)
50% off The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky - $9.99
80% off Titan Quest Gold - $3.99 (80% off individual items)
75% off Ultimate General: Gettysburg - $3.74
Up to 80% off Just Cause Franchise
Up to 80% off Max Payne Franchise
90% off Serious Sam Franchise

Monster Community Sales
Ending 6/21
75% off 100% Orange Juice - $1.74 (66% off select character packs)
80% off Clickteam Fusion 2.5 - $19.99 (66% off DLC)
75% off E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy - $2.49
25% off Space Colony: Steam Edition - $11.24
90% off Talisman: Digital Edition - $1.49 (up to 80% off DLC)
50% off TerraTech - $9.99 (50% off DLC)
76% off The Amazing Spider-Man Franchise Pack - $19.19 (76% off individual items)
80% off Unepic - $2.59
35% off Windward - $9.74

Daily Deal
85% off Ultimate Mystery & Adventure Collection (DRM Free) - $5.99

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
Ending 6/22
80% off The Banner Saga (Steam) - $5.00
80% off The Banner Saga Deluxe Edition (Steam) - $6.25

Prices listed do not take into account any available voucher.
Up to 84% off 2K titles
75% off Batman titles
Up to 80% off Digital Tribe titles
Current Voucher: 25% off GRAB25-PERCNT-OFFNOW (Expires 6/22 1600 UTC)

Up to 75% off Action Weekend
Up to 75% off SEGA Summer Sale

2015 DRM-FREE Summer Sale
Encore: Repeat-a-palooza
50% off Tales From the Borderlands - $12.49

Up to 75% off Batman titles
10% off code: 10newsletter

M****R F****R.  I forgot the cardinal rule of Steam Sales.  Always wait until the last day before buying things to ensure they don't become a flash/daily.

Picked up some Space Hulk DLC I've been waiting FOREVER to go on sale, as it was 80%.  Figured with the lack of support for the title, it wouldn't drop any further.  Nope.  Flash sale to 90% today.

Yes, I only "lost" $1.50 or so, but still, I'm a CAG.

M****R F****R. I forgot the cardinal rule of Steam Sales. Always wait until the last day before buying things to ensure they don't become a flash/daily.

Picked up some Space Hulk DLC I've been waiting FOREVER to go on sale, as it was 80%. Figured with the lack of support for the title, it wouldn't drop any further. Nope. Flash sale to 90% today.

Yes, I only "lost" $1.50 or so, but still, I'm a CAG. </rant>
Get a refund!

Was hoping for better than 50% off of Tropico 5 DLC. Oh well.
I know it's disapointing to not get something right when you want it. But, give Bundle Stars time and they'll probaby throw them all at you for practically free. They love selling Tropico games and I believe they had a bundle full of Tropico 4 stuff at one point for like 5 bucks. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same thing with 5.

Sweet. Serious Sam games 90 percent off. I'll definitely pick up Classics Revolution and idle some more cards to get Serious Sam 2 as well, although that will take longer now.

Yeah, looks like they changed back again. I was going to buy Goat Sim right away, then the price changed.

Someone tell me that Age of Empires Legacy Bundle is a good idea at $8.24. I bought AoE III Complete on GFWL when it was 10 cents a number of years ago. =\
If you already own AOEIII, then, no, it isn't. You should just get the base game and get the Humble Weekly and sell off your extra Psychonauts and COH keys.

I didn't even know AC Unity, AC Syndicate, AC Rogue and AC Freedom Cry even existed, until just now when I checked the AC Franchise sale page... the fuck, does Ubi only make Assassin's Creed games now?

bread's done
Back