Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I see you evangelizing for Arcanum in a big way over the last few pages, but I wasn't that impressed when it came out. I had a "you" copy of it back in the day and it was pretty buggy, but basically the combat really killed it. I couldn't get into it despite the fact that the setting/world were fairly novel for a game of its time. Just my 2p.
I definitely still have a "me" copy of Arcanum - sitting in its 2-CD jewel case. It's in one of those jewel-case shelves.

Did you play Arcanum in turn-based mode? I prefer it in that way.

I do suggest players start in Turn-Based Mode - especially if you want to capture that old-school Fallout1+2 gameplay feel.

Arcanum relies heavily on stats + levels - especially in RT combat.

Save frequently, of course - even more so especially, if you're going to flip b/t Real and Turn-based.

I really dug Arcanum's setting, story, and especially its music.

Last edited by a moderator:
These keys are possibly used. Some of them I'm sure are used. But here, just in case. 

Lurk away, if any are good.

Avernum: The Second Trilogy
0XK57-NAV20-LHMEL

BEEP

B5IVA-P3YV9-Y86CR

Blades of Time - Limited Edition
3JFRW-QPAWA-6MHZF

Blood Bowl® - Legendary Edition
32EW8-CKMTZ-RYR7A

Ceville
0QKLZ-6F29V-WWL3G

Funny all the people complaining about the Summer Seal and yet posting haul lists of 15+ games.

My haul, all from card monies:

Magic 2014 x2

Valkyria Chronicles

Ziggurat

Creeper World 3

LISA

Rayman Origins

Gothic Collection

and if enough cards sell before the end of the sale, Dungeon of the Endless

Funny all the people complaining about the Summer Seal and yet posting haul lists of 15+ games.

/ snip

and if enough cards sell before the end of the sale, Dungeon of the Endless
Too funny, I just purchased Dungeon of the Endless. I played it during the free weekend awhile back and really regretted not buying it at that time. And it's the same discount now.

Actually, I gotta say, this was a good sale.

Even if some didn't think the discounts were high enough, you can't argue that this sale didn't see the variety that the last few sales have lacked.

These keys are possibly used. Some of them I'm sure are used. But here, just in case.

Lurk away, if any are good.

Avernum: The Second Trilogy
0XK57-NAV20-LHMEL

BEEP

B5IVA-P3YV9-Y86CR

Blades of Time - Limited Edition
3JFRW-QPAWA-6MHZF

Blood Bowl® - Legendary Edition
32EW8-CKMTZ-RYR7A

Ceville
0QKLZ-6F29V-WWL3G

Nice drops!

Someone already took Ceville.

EDIT:

Actually, I gotta say, this was a good sale.

Even if some didn't think the discounts were high enough, you can't argue that this sale didn't see the variety that the last few sales have lacked.
Sale was alright, I guess.

Many deals could've been better, IMHO.

I know it's kind of a broken port, but did anyone pick up Deadly Premonition? I wouldn't mind snagging it for <$3 but I don't know how bad it really is.

Bought it long ago.

Loved the game, but hated the technical issues galore.

Read my review-manifesto on it:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mysterd/recommended/247660
If it makes you feel any better, the 360 version was a hot mess too. The story was just so damn compelling though. If you dont want the personal frustration, you could watch the (twin) Endurance Run(s) by Giant Bomb (Jeff and Vinny - the less frustrating one; Brad and Ryan - will have you screaming at the comp, in a kinda good way)

If it makes you feel any better, the 360 version was a hot mess too. The story was just so damn compelling though. If you dont want the personal frustration, you could watch the (twin) Endurance Run(s) by Giant Bomb (Jeff and Vinny - the less frustrating one; Brad and Ryan - will have you screaming at the comp, in a kinda good way)
I've watched both, used to own the 360 version (gave it to a friend), own the PS3 version and the PC version. The game is magical in it's absurdity.

On a semi-Deadly Premonition related note, I guess no one here Fakeybroed D4 yet? It looks similarly ohjapan.gif absurd, but with a sort of Telltale-ish art style.

I didnt get D4, but only 'cause I'd just backlog it now. But I was definitely pleased when they said it was coming to PC. I'll get it at some point.

On a semi-Deadly Premonition related note, I guess no one here Fakeybroed D4 yet? It looks similarly ohjapan.gif absurd, but with a sort of Telltale-ish art style.
I fakeybro'd it just to support Swery and hopefully get the second season funded. It is just that crazy, but I'm only in a bit because I'm still playing Witcher 3.

Is it best to keep steam cards for a raining day or etc (I have over 200 now) or is it best to sell them all at once when you get all your drops

Mass Effect Collection  

Worms Armageddon  

L.A. Noire Complete Edition  

Fallout Tactics Bethesda  

Fallout 2 Bethesda  

Fallout Bethesda  

Just Cause 1 + 2 + DLC Collection  

Fallout New Vegas Ultimate  

Fallout 3 - Game of the Year  

BattleBlock Theater  

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary  

The Sims 3  

Mark of the Ninja: Special Edition  

Gunpoint  

Terraria  

Dead Space Pack  

Dishonored GOTY  

BioShock Triple Pack  

Bully: Scholarship Edition  

Plants vs. Zombies  

Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition  

Tomb Raider GOTY Edition (ROW)  

Castle Crashers  

Hitman Collection (ROW  

Grand Theft Auto III Trilogy  

Valve Complete Pack - 2013  

FEZ

My first steam summer sale went well.

Is it best to keep steam cards for a raining day or etc (I have over 200 now) or is it best to sell them all at once when you get all your drops
In general, when cards first get added (if the game didn't release with them) or when the game first comes out you have the most buyers since it's a new and shiny badge and all that. You get a little more activity then so they might move faster but the prices are still not going to be great. You also tend to get more people buying with events like the big sale, but it varies depending on the event. This one didn't give much incentive for crafting badges.

Really though you're not going to get much for cards on 95% of the games. It's just a matter that you might sell a little faster when the cards are new, so it doesn't make much difference. It used to be you could hold onto them and then sell them for a little more during the big sale but that turned out not to be the case this time.

For me the bigger reason to sell them right away, especially with the new 2 hour wait time for drops, is to just keep on top of them because otherwise I'd be idling for days and then selling a kajillion all at once (which is easy with SIH but I'm anal about wanting to keep my market listings to a minimum). But if you're not a disgusting game hoarder like many of the regulars here then that may not be such a big deal for you.

TL;DR - Just sell them whenever. Cards ain't what they used to be.

Dishonored GOTY

I figure that was payback for them constantly fucking over the early adopters with lousy DLC sales.
Like most games, these days. Well, at least not the Witcher 3 it looks like, but Bethesda for sure. They're starting to waft a bit of EA stink.

I'm less into these haul posts than I used to be, but for whatever it's worth, here's mine.  Like others, bought a surprising amount from Steam despite finding the sale totally uninspiring.  I got very little from my wishlist and instead focused on blowing card money for the +1s.  In the end I ended up having to shell out of pocket for Spider-Man, which was unexpected.

Need for Speed: Undercover
Ys Origin
Ys The Oath in Felghana
Ys I and II Chronicles
Rocksmith 2014 Disc Import Tool, bunch of DLC
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH
The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition
Driver San Francisco
Rise of Nations: Extended Edition
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Bulletstorm
Strider
Hatoful Boyfriend
The Amazing Spider-Man Bundle

The big surprise for me this year was GoG.  I've gotten really bored lately of collecting games on Steam I'll never play, especially with the devaluation of cards.  So the obvious solution was to start a new collection of games I'll never play on another service.  I don't care about DRM-free; this is all about the bookshelf of titles I would have loved to have owned in the 90s.  (Let's just conveniently ignore the fact that I already own several of these on Steam and have many more sitting on my hard drive from back in the abandonware days.)

FLIGHT SCHOOL BUNDLE
ROLLERCOASTER TYCOON BUNDLE
CITY BUILDER BUNDLE
WING COMMANDER BUNDLE
WEIRD & WONDERFUL BUNDLE
LOADS OF LARRY'S LOVE BUNDLE
TEX MURPHY BUNDLE
MIGHT&MAGIC BUNDLE
ULTIMA BUNDLE
HOMM BUNDLE
QUEST BUNDLE
BEST OF BULLFROG BUNDLE
LUCASFILM ADVENTURES BUNDLE
SID MEIER BUNDLE

Beyond Good & Evil
Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
System Shock™ 2
WIZARDRY 6+7
WIZARDRY 8
JAGGED ALLIANCE
JAGGED ALLIANCE 2
HARVESTER
ALONE IN THE DARK: THE TRILOGY 1+2+3
LAST EXPRESS, THE
SPACE QUEST 1+2+3
SPACE QUEST 4+5+6
REALMS OF ARKANIA 1+2
REALMS OF ARKANIA 3
DISCIPLES: SACRED LANDS GOLD
DISCIPLES 2 GOLD
7TH GUEST, THE
11TH HOUR, THE
WACKY WHEELS
CRUSADER: NO REMORSE
CRUSADER: NO REGRET
SIMON THE SORCERER
SIMON THE SORCERER 2
SANITARIUM
LITTLE BIG ADVENTURE 2 (TWINSEN'S ODYSSEY)
LEGEND OF KYRANDIA, THE (BOOK ONE)
LEGEND OF KYRANDIA: HAND OF FATE, THE (BOOK TWO)
LEGEND OF KYRANDIA: MALCOLM'S REVENGE, THE (BOOK THREE)
BAD MOJO REDUX
SIMCITY™ 2000 SPECIAL EDITION
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky
BATTLE REALMS + WINTER OF THE WOLF
XENONAUTS
UNREAL 2: THE AWAKENING SPECIAL EDITION
UNREAL GOLD
UNREAL TOURNAMENT 2004 EDITOR'S CHOICE EDITION
UNREAL TOURNAMENT GOTY
RED BARON PACK
RAPTOR: CALL OF THE SHADOWS 2010 EDITION
PHANTASMAGORIA
MASTER OF MAGIC
TOTAL ANNIHILATION: COMMANDER PACK
TOTAL ANNIHILATION: KINGDOMS + IRON PLAGUE
STAR CONTROL 1+2
STAR CONTROL 3
I HAVE NO MOUTH AND I MUST SCREAM
BETRAYAL AT KRONDOR PACK
RETURN TO KRONDOR
WASTELAND 1: THE ORIGINAL CLASSIC
GOBLIIINS PACK
POLICE QUEST COLLECTION
POLICE QUEST: SWAT 1+2
GABRIEL KNIGHT: SINS OF THE FATHERS
GABRIEL KNIGHT 2: THE BEAST WITHIN
GABRIEL KNIGHT 3: BLOOD OF THE SACRED, BLOOD OF THE DAMNED

All right all, I'm out.  I've got things to do: these games aren't going to sit unplayed on the digital shelf all by themselves.  Oh wait, yes they are.

I liked Ikaruga, but I wouldn't pay $5 for it on Steam. It's a top-down shmup bullet hell that was popular on GC here in North America only because I can't even think of another top-down shmup for GC that ever made it over. It's a 2001 game ported multiple times, and it's only 50% off. And you have to remember that PC gaming is a breeding ground for bullet hells with the Touhou collection and similar free titles. Jamestown is a similar bullet hell type game (I think it even has the same bullet adsorption ability) and it's been a dollar or less before. Buy it now, and you're basically paying a premium for hype.

When your first major Steam sale nets you 100+ games (I think 200-300 for mine) that are all at the top of your want list, getting 10-50 (some of which you bought just because of pricing, not because of actually wanting it) is quite the let down. Always chasing that first high.

#firstworldproblems

I liked Ikaruga, but I wouldn't pay $5 for it on Steam. It's a top-down shmup bullet hell that was popular on GC here in North America only because I can't even think of another top-down shmup for GC that ever made it over. It's a 2001 game ported multiple times, and it's only 50% off. And you have to remember that PC gaming is a breeding ground for bullet hells with the Touhou collection and similar free titles. Jamestown is a similar bullet hell type game (I think it even has the same bullet adsorption ability) and it's been a dollar or less before. Buy it now, and you're basically paying a premium for hype.
But the bundle gods must be satisfied.

When your first major Steam sale nets you 100+ games (I think 200-300 for mine) that are all at the top of your want list, getting 10-50 (some of which you bought just because of pricing, not because of actually wanting it) is quite the let down. Always chasing that first high.

#firstworldproblems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHbtcvk_KBs

#firstworldproblems
I agree. It's like Christmas for adults. It just ain't the same as it was when you were a kid no matter how much you want it to be.

Not a Schmup expert, but Ikaruga is one of the best schmup style games made.  That and Radiant Silver Gun are considered classics for very good reason.  I doubt they're bundle fodder, too.  But time will tell (Humble Bundle $8 tier, calling it). 

I'm pretty sure I talked myself out of more stuff than I actually bought, but I have no data to back that up.  See you in the fall Seasonals!

It helps to avoid spending money on steam sales when you remind yourself of the AAA backlog you still have from over the years and everyone talks about how you seriously need to play x game and the stuff you do want still hasn't hit the magical sub-$10 level.

Maybe during the winter sale...

It seemed like I was purchasing a lot more than this, but I was mostly window shopping.  I did miss out on Testament of Sherlock Holmes, but I think I've got enough to keep me busy (especially since Batman is out in two days).  Anyway, my haul -  
1931: Scheherazade at the Library of Pergamum
Bridge Constructor Bundle
Dino D-Day
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content1

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content2
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Additional Content3
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Histoire Battle Entry
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Peashy Battle Entry
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 Plutia Battle Entry
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content Pack 1
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content Pack 2
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Additional Content Pack 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Emergency Help Pack
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Nepgear's Beam Zapper ZERO
Killer is Dead
Legend of Korra
Murdered: Soul Suspect ROW
Sakura Angels
Sakura Spirit
The Stanley Parable
To The Moon
Tomb Raider ROW
XCOM: Complete
Tomb Raider and XCOM base games I own on console, but I'm trying to make my journey to the dark side complete. I'm only sorry that Bioshock Infinite complete is still $15. Cant justify the switchover as I own the season pass over in peasantville.

EDIT: Me and spoiler tags today are just not good friends.  This is what I get for making the list in google docs I guess.

It's never like the first. I think in the first one I was really cash strapped with about $50 to use in all. Made the best of it and even got a pretty bad indie bundle. Got that bundle cause of Max and Magic Marker (OK game), but it came with a lot of uneeded games like Blueberry Kingdom and Plain Sight (yes the multiplayer was dead even way back then). I also bought Puzzle Kingdom which I remember fondly cause it got me a lot of bang for the buck. I am getting way more quality games now and still trying to spend under $100. I

My haul (spoiler'd to protect your eyes and hide my shame):

A Story About My Uncle
Battlestations Collection
Call of Juarez 2: Bound in Blood
Camera Obscura
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate HD
Child of Light
Command and Conquer: Kane's Wrath
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3
Command and Conquer: Tiberium Wars
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
Dino D-Day: Last Stand DLC
Driver: Parallel Lines
Dungeon Siege Collection
Grim Fandango Remastered
Homeworld Remastered Collection
Infested Planet - Deluxe Edition
Legend of Grimrock 2
Legend of Korra
Long Live The Queen
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
Metal Slug X
Nidhogg
Rainbow Six Collection
Risen 3 - Complete Edition
Sakura Angels
Sakura Spirit
Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut
Space Hulk - Complete Campaign DLC
Space Hulk Ascension Edition + DLC
Tales of Maj'Eyal + DLC
The Dark Eye Universe Bundle
They Bleed Pixels
Ultimate General: Gettysburg
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Valkyria Chronicles™
Van Helsing II : Complete Pack

I played D4 and loved it except that the ending is a giant fuck you to be continued lol. Not even a passable serial cliffhanger. It literally cuts off at the most interesting part after you just spent thirty minutes just walking through halls and futzing through a dark room.

I can't recommend buying it just because what is there is not enough to create a satisfying story. Does it have loads of the DP-style endearingly geeky charm and earnest desire to entertain you at all costs? By the bucketload! But the story does not have a chance to go anywhere by the end and the end is such a cocktease. There isn't even enough plot on offer to speculate anything cool with or think about in the two years it'll be before this game is finished. And you just know the post TBC reveal when the new episode is released is just gonna be "AND THEN I WOKE UP (But it actually happened)" rather than some sort of exciting continuation of that cocktease. BECAUSE THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS.

My "haul":

Rayman Origins

Batman Origins on GMG

What?... I need to save up for a new PC. My ATI branded video card isn't cutting it anymore.

Just an FYI, Double Dragon Neon is 2 dollars on steam. It normally goes on sale for this price, but for the brawler fans and hoarders here. (you know who you are) it might be a good pick up.

Bioshock Infinite Complete is $8 (Steam key). You need to log in to buy it at $8 price though

https://www.gameagent.com/games/bioshock-infinite-complete-bundle

I bought from these guys before. (bioshock and Borderland 2 complete). Total legit
Totally worth that.

Aspyr Media (a game publisher, who owns publishes Mac stuff) owns them. So, yeah - definitely legit.

What's good w/ Bioshock Infinite is - it's Steamplay-supported. So, yep - you get both Mac + Windows versions automatically, when buying a Steam-key from anywhere + registering it onto Steam.

My "haul":

Rayman Origins

Batman Origins on GMG

What?... I need to save up for a new PC. My ATI branded video card isn't cutting it anymore.

Just an FYI, Double Dragon Neon is 2 dollars on steam. It normally goes on sale for this price, but for the brawler fans and hoarders here. (you know who you are) it might be a good pick up.
DDN by itself has been cheaper alone by 5 cents by IndieGala:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=doubledragonneon

5 cents ain't much to scream over for a difference, though.

Well, unless one really thinks they get a time machine and can get 5 Metro LL's. :p

But, the best deal for getting DDN was probably in IndieGala's Dragon Rock Bundle - b/c it come w/ so many other games, as well:

http://isthereanydeal.com/specials/#/search:%23%3A1660;/scroll:%23gamelist

Well the big sales are over.  Looking through my wishlist, the only other thing I might get is the Rocket Knight sequel from a few years ago at 4.50.  Anyone played it?

Well the big sales are over. Looking through my wishlist, the only other thing I might get is the Rocket Knight sequel from a few years ago at 4.50. Anyone played it?
Yes. I never got very far. Very clunky controls. It doesn't feel anything like the original.

I'm still debating on whether to pick up Resident Evil 6 or Revelations (holding myself back since I own RE5 and haven't played it.)

Really on the fence about Dishonored Bragmore Witches DLC.  I really want to play it, since I loved everything about Dishonored, but I hate to give Bethesda the satisfaction and encourage their DLC pricing.

Also: Bioshock Infinite Season pass.  Missed the $5 price and have been waiting for it to hit that point ever since.  Kind of tempted by the $8 complete version Agentghost linked...  I've got to stop buying anything but 'complete' editions.  It always annoys me when I have to re-buy things I already own to 'save money'.

Had hoped Styx would go cheaper, since I've wanted to play that since the release trailer, maybe during the winter sale.  Here's hoping it an all my other price-point wants  (Dying Light, Mordor, Watch_Dogs, etc) will happen before/during the Winter Sale.

Edit:  I have $12 in gabenbux left over and don't know if I should hoard it for the post-sale 'sales' or just blow it all.

Dang, i was hoping that today it would flip to have the rest of the summer sale deals back instead of just 48hrs of the same ones.  I missed out on space hulk, and i'm sure its worth the current price or $7.99, but $3.99 for space hulk ultimate is rad.

I would have also picked up Space hulk ascension at $10.19....

If any of my CAG brothers/sisters have an extra copy of either, i'll be more than happy to paypal the sale price on it!  :)

Here's my haul:

Ziggurat

Creeper World 3

Legend of Grimock 2

Mercenary Kings

Pac-Man DX+

Don't Starve: Reign of Giants

Divinity: Original Sin

The Banner Saga + SoundTrack

Ultra Street Fighter IV

Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas

The Fall

Pillars of Eternity

Banished

Titan Souls

One Finger Punch

Aqua Kitty

Shadowgate

Ikaruga

Child of Light

Child of Light: Golems Plight

Beep

Morphopolis

Despair

The Albino Hunter

Sky Merchants

I'm still debating on whether to pick up Resident Evil 6 or Revelations (holding myself back since I own RE5 and haven't played it.)

Really on the fence about Dishonored Bragmore Witches DLC. I really want to play it, since I loved everything about Dishonored, but I hate to give Bethesda the satisfaction and encourage their DLC pricing.

Also: Bioshock Infinite Season pass. Missed the $5 price and have been waiting for it to hit that point ever since. Kind of tempted by the $8 complete version Agentghost linked... I've got to stop buying anything but 'complete' editions. It always annoys me when I have to re-buy things I already own to 'save money'.

Had hoped Styx would go cheaper, since I've wanted to play that since the release trailer, maybe during the winter sale. Here's hoping it an all my other price-point wants (Dying Light, Mordor, Watch_Dogs, etc) will happen before/during the Winter Sale.

Edit: I have $12 in gabenbux left over and don't know if I should hoard it for the post-sale 'sales' or just blow it all.
Hoard it. Hoarding 'money' > hoarding games you won't play.

Meh, not really. A bunch of 9¢ to 49¢ crap bought for cards/+1, glitched bundle stuff, some games only bought because getting in on a 4-pack gave it a more reasonable discount and some stuff bought because you eventually say "Well, nothing else to do with this Steam wallet and this sale ain't gonna get better". That last one if a biggie -- I'd be less inclined to spend cash money on half the stuff I picked up.

Speaking of too much Steam wallet and pack discounts, still interested in hosting a 2-pack of 7 Days to Die ($8 Paypal) if anyone wants to spend some last minute cash.

bread's done
Back