Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I've been playing Diablo 3. It's not a Steam game. *hangs head in shame*

But I use the Steam overlay! That's something, right?
Sometimes, you really just have to bite the bullet for certain games and/or game companies b/c they don't put their games on Steam- i.e. most EA titles after BF3 are only on Origin + Blizzard games use Battle.Net.

Blizz doesn't put their games on Steam currently, so you're stuck w/ their Battle.Net client program.

Last edited by a moderator:
If one is looking for adding a 1 TB WD Black mechanical drive w/ 7200 RPM + 64 MB cache (these are what I've used for years)...

Fry's has it for $50 w/ whatever the promo coupon code in your e-mail is, if you're on their newsletter/e-mail listing.

Only one per household on these allowed.

SHIPS FREE is you want it shipped to you or you can get it in the store.

Linky:

http://www.frys.com/product/7962250#detailed

I tried using Steam overlay with Diablo 3, but its just a giant pain in the ass if you use the authenticator.....are you in the BGQC clan...seasonal character?
I compromised at the weekly setting as opposed to the every log on setting. I don't like my tin foil hats too tight.

I've been debating whether I should torture myself with the PTR or just wait.

I compromised at the weekly setting as opposed to the every log on setting. I don't like my tin foil hats too tight.

I've been debating whether I should torture myself with the PTR or just wait.
You can change that? It only ever prompts me when I use steam overlay...if I use the battle.net client it never asks for the authenticator code

Ive been thinking about going on the PTR too but knowing that anything I do will just get wiped out keeps me away

You can change that? It only ever prompts me when I use steam overlay...if I use the battle.net client it never asks for the authenticator code

Ive been thinking about going on the PTR too but knowing that anything I do will just get wiped out keeps me away
Yep. The default unchecked option is to authenticate once a week, which I can live with.

Edit: It always asks for a password, but not the authenticator.

NpPyxVS.png

2.3 is going to be crazy with Kunai's Cube. Can't wait for the new season. At the same time, I'm dreading the re-farm. BGCQ should set up an event at the start of the season to help everyone just level and gem, so we (I) don't burn out solo grinding.

Yep. The default unchecked option is to authenticate once a week, which I can live with.

Edit: It always asks for a password, but not the authenticator.

NpPyxVS.png

2.3 is going to be crazy with Kunai's Cube. Can't wait for the new season. At the same time, I'm dreading the re-farm. BGCQ should set up an event at the start of the season to help everyone just level and gem, so we (I) don't burn out solo grinding.
ah ok yeah i have mine set to like that as well, its the password that it asks me for......which im too lazy to do so no overlay!

Im down with a group grind, Im not sure how many actually play but I'm sure when 2.3 hits a bunch will come back

D3 question: has Season 3 ended yet? I haven't hit 70 with a seasonal yet so I'll be missing out on my fancy transmogs of I'm not careful.

D3 question: has Season 3 ended yet? I haven't hit 70 with a seasonal yet so I'll be missing out on my fancy transmogs of I'm not careful.
S3 is not over yet. If you don't mind playing on a US server (as that's where all my 70's are at least), one of us could easily level you a 70 in 30 minutes or less. I wish they made a centralized server so characters could be played in any region, but I guess it's not feasible.

S3 is not over yet. If you don't mind playing on a US server (as that's where all my 70's are at least), one of us could easily level you a 70 in 30 minutes or less. I wish they made a centralized server so characters could be played in any region, but I guess it's not feasible.
Im on quite a bit now too if Flowette, or anyone needs some help leveling to 70 on seasonal, I'm still grinding out gear for my wiz

There's a new Flying Bundle out but it's pretty crap, a bunch of repeats and it's $3.50

Blood of Old
Cubot
Odysseus: Long Way Home
Mr. Bree+ 
Snuggle Truck
Tea Party Simulator 2015
The World Named Fred
Vanguard Princess
Two Mystery Games

(Please  fuck off with the mystery games guys they're becoming REALLY annoying)

If one is looking for adding a 1 TB WD Black mechanical drive w/ 7200 RPM + 64 MB cache (these are what I've used for years)...

Fry's has it for $50 w/ whatever the promo coupon code in your e-mail is, if you're on their newsletter/e-mail listing.

Only one per household on these allowed.

SHIPS FREE is you want it shipped to you or you can get it in the store.

Linky:

http://www.frys.com/product/7962250#detailed
Also if your looking for even more space microcenter has some deals on larger ones

wd 1TB 7200rpm - 40$

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.aspx?sku=622456

toshiba 5tb - 150$ (also have an external for 130)

http://www.microcenter.com/product/441064/5TB_7,200_RPM_SATA_III_60Gb-s_35_Desktop_Internal_Hard_Drive_PH3500U-1I72

4tb for 120, etc etc, heres the full list, various brands and sizes so you can usually find whatever your favorite company of the month is +size. The list also has all their ram deals, and since ddr3 is at an all time low its a good time to upgrade if you need more

http://www.microcenter.com/site/emails/0703_Computer-Parts-DEALS.aspx

Does anyone need Gun Monkeys yet? I redeemed a free key from a CAG a little while back and it looks like it gave me two copies.

It has cards, so at least that's something.

Daily Deal
80% off Titan Quest Gold Edition (DRM Free) - $3.99
If for some reason anyone hasn't played this - yet they love ARPG's like Diablo II + Torchlight II...

...they really should check TQ: Gold out. It's awesome.

Nice to see it's listed as DRM-FREE on GG. Did Nordic update it?

IIRC - it used to have some other DRM on there at GG.

Those who must have Steam-versions or want it cheaper - thing is, it's been cheaper for Steam-version as GamesRevolution + GMG have had the Steam-version for $3 before, according to ITAD:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=titanquestgold

I finally finished Wolfenstein: The New Order last night.  Damn, that was a fantastic game.  

Makes me wish I had also picked up the Old Blood when I bought this one during the summer sale.  

Everything about it just clicked with me and I actually gave a shit about the characters and story.  :applause:

(Reason it took me so long to beat: 
My gf started it a day or two before I did and was upset when I caught up to where she was in a few hours. She told me she would be "embarrassed" if I beat it before she did, so in the interests of my own sanity and household harmony I played/beat another game after finishing the third level.)

I finally finished Wolfenstein: The New Order last night. Damn, that was a fantastic game.

Makes me wish I had also picked up the Old Blood when I bought this one during the summer sale.

Everything about it just clicked with me and I actually gave a shit about the characters and story. :applause:

My gf started it a day or two before I did and was upset when I caught up to where she was in a few hours. She told me she would be "embarrassed" if I beat it before she did, so in the interests of my own sanity and household harmony I played/beat another game after finishing the third level.)
Old Blood is worth a pickup. Its onsale a lot. It may even be obtainable cheaply somewhere like Nuuvem or something right now.

I wrote a review of it here:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/zerbaderb/recommended/350080/

Women just don't make a goddamn bit of sense.

Holy fudgeballs, I was looking at my Steam inventory and noticed a previously ignored tab for Primal Carnage Extinction.  Apparently in the hour I spent playing, I received a rare drop that is not only marketable, but sells for a metric gabetonne.

Yes, there's a chance that posting this info will set off all you idling jerks and crash the market, but i'm also hoping one of you jerks might be one of those fetishistic dinosaur roleplayers who really wants to buy my birdosaur.

Holy fudgeballs, I was looking at my Steam inventory and noticed a previously ignored tab for Primal Carnage Extinction. Apparently in the hour I spent playing, I received a rare drop that is not only marketable, but sells for a metric gabetonne.

Yes, there's a chance that posting this info will set off all you idling jerks and crash the market, but i'm also hoping one of you jerks might be one of those fetishistic dinosaur roleplayers who really wants to buy my birdosaur.
Damn, could buy GTA V's for the whole team.

Alternatively: That items itself is desired by no one, but used to transfer funds between accounts.
Spoken like someone who wants me to lower the price on an extremely rare bird thing so he can resell it at massive profits. I'm not falling for your eurotricks!

Holy fudgeballs, I was looking at my Steam inventory and noticed a previously ignored tab for Primal Carnage Extinction. Apparently in the hour I spent playing, I received a rare drop that is not only marketable, but sells for a metric gabetonne.

You can thank my spoderfox event for that!!

Dinosaur chicken or get out :speaktothehand:

Old Blood is worth a pickup. Its onsale a lot. It may even be obtainable cheaply somewhere like Nuuvem or something right now.
$13 from the Brazilians. I fakey'd it at launch from Nuuvem and no regrets. It's light on plot compared to TNO but that just means less time spent gabbing and more time spent killing Nazis.

Im on quite a bit now too if Flowette, or anyone needs some help leveling to 70 on seasonal, I'm still grinding out gear for my wiz
I'd gladly whisper sweet nothings into anyones ear that would power me to a 70 for the season. I haven't played at all this season.

synnarc#1676 is my battle.net

*edit

Thanks Neuro5i5 for the super fast power level!

So is gamersgate ok buy from? I remember some time back they were charging extra for exchange rates, or something, when the bill was coming to people.

Also, what version /Gane do you get for titan quest? I always prefer drm free, but does it offer a steam copy /where are you downloading the game from?

I was just going to get it from indie gala since they had it for 4.99, but the price jumped back up to regular for some reason (the rest of the other games are still on sale). The indie gala deal would give a steam copy.

I'd gladly whisper sweet nothings into anyones ear that would power me to a 70 for the season. I haven't played at all this season.
Added you. (Neuro5i5#1692)

So is gamersgate ok buy from? I remember some time back they were charging extra for exchange rates, or something, when the bill was coming to people.

Also, what version /Gane do you get for titan quest? I always prefer drm free, but does it offer a steam copy /where are you downloading the game from?

I was just going to get it from indie gala since they had it for 4.99, but the price jumped back up to regular for some reason (the rest of the other games are still on sale). The indie gala deal would give a steam copy.
GamersGate is OK to buy from. They have been more skidish in honoring some more recent price glitches, but they're an authorized distributor if that's what you mean. As for TQ on GamersGate, it should have key activation for the downloads, but no to Steam keys.

GamersGate is OK to buy from. They have been more skidish in honoring some more recent price glitches, but they're an authorized distributor if that's what you mean. As for TQ on GamersGate, it should have key activation for the downloads, but no to Steam keys.
y u sadpanda GamersGate??

Assuming that you're using Paypal, Gamersgate doesn't directly charge for foreign (US) sales but your specific credit card might.  My own debit and credit cards never did but some people report getting an extra ding.

Nuuvem is the big one for getting hit by conversion fees (again, it's really Paypal) and I mentally round up to the nearest quarter when converting prices.  A game that comes out as $3.81 when adjusted on XE.com will probably be more like $4 via Paypal.

I assume the difference between the two is that GG is charging you in US dollars and Nuuvem is charging you in converted Brazilian reals.

How does key activation exactly work? I've never bought from gamersgate before. All I remember was there was some pissed off who bought from them 2/3 years ago. Also, I'm just surprised that there's a drm free version and it's not from gog or on gog

For non-Steam/Uplay/Origin games, you usually download it directly from Gamersgate and, depending on the game, may get an activation key that you paste into a pop-up window the first time you play it.  You'll find the key (if you need one) in your GG games library just like you would a Steam activation key.

Is there anyway to check what seasons you've reached level 70 in? I know I did the first season but can't remember if I missed the 2nd or not. If I didn't miss the 2nd season I might be interested as well, 30 minutes is a lot quicker than the weeks and weeks it seems to take me solo.

Is there anyway to check what seasons you've reached level 70 in? I know I did the first season but can't remember if I missed the 2nd or not. If I didn't miss the 2nd season I might be interested as well, 30 minutes is a lot quicker than the weeks and weeks it seems to take me solo.
Your seasonal stats should be in your profile. It is the helmet icon on the main menu (shift+P) or right click on your own character portrait in game and select view profile.

I guess my last question is whether you should just get the game from gamersgate or wait for it from somewhere else?
If Steam isn't important to you, go ahead and get it from GG. If you feel more comfortable with it on Steam, you'll have to wait. Indiegala had it for $5 yesterday but that sale ended.

There's no direct benefits to having it on Steam. It doesn't have cards or even achievements.

bread's done
Back