Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm about to start Call of Juarez Bound in Blood and I realize I haven't complained about the lack of westerns on Steam for awhile. There's not even 10 westerns on Steam. There's more clicker game clones than westerns!

I clip coupons for coffee...stuff is way too expensive.
I consider Borderlands a western. When searching for borderlands content on steam I see 61 hits. Quit Whining, and play some borderlands.

Edit: FONV, Stranger's Wrath & steamworld dig just came to mind too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about to start Call of Juarez Bound in Blood and I realize I haven't complained about the lack of westerns on Steam for awhile. There's not even 10 westerns on Steam. There's more clicker game clones than westerns!

I clip coupons for coffee...stuff is way too expensive.
Watching Django Unchained last night makes me want to play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger again. The OTT blood spray effects in that game must have been heavily influenced by Django.

I consider Borderlands a western. When searching for borderlands content on steam I see 61 hits. Quit Whining, and play some borderlands.

Edit: FONV & steamworld dig just came to mind too.
I totally also consider borderlands a western in the same way that I consider Sonic and All stars racing to be the best rpg of all time

MODS PLEASE COME AND BANISH ALL THESE TROLLS WHO HAVE RESPONDED TO ME BOTH PURPOSELY AND ON PURPOSE AND PURPOSEFULLY AND PORPOISEFULLY! THEY ARE OBVIOUS TROLLS WITH NO INTENTION ON SENDING ME FREE GFX CARDS AND WITH THE ONLY INTENT TO SARCARTIZE ME RIDICULIZE ME AND TEASIZE ME! I HAVE PROOF BECAUSE I SENT EACH OF THEM A PM DEMANDING PROOF THAT THESE SHITTY GFX CARDS WERE WORTH ANY MONEY AND THEY HAVE SHAMEFULLY AND COWARDEDLY FAILED TO RESPOND TO ME!

THEY ARE TROLLS MAKING TROLL NOISE WHICH IS EMPTY AND PAINFUL LIKE THE NOISE EMITTED FROM THE ANAL CAVITY DURING A BOUT OF VIOLENT, EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA! I DO NOT DESERVE THIS! I HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COMMUNITY BY POSTING OFF TOPIC IN THIS THREAD AND TROLLING OTHER THREADS. I DEMAND RESPECT AND WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS TROLL ABUSE.
Purposefully Reported.

Thanks for bringing the sespool to me, I don't have tome to head over there to see the drama.
These TLDR versions are hilarious.

I totally also consider borderlands a western in the same way that I consider Sonic and All stars racing to be the best rpg of all time
Guess it's just me, but I felt like I was living in the wild west while playing those games. ...plus I played Nisha in TPS. She's kind of a cowgirl.

I clip coupons/discounts/whatever all the time. Honestly, with my job/money/life situation at the moment, I don't know how I'd survive without them. Shit's just way too expensive nowadays and this economy/job market is still shitty.

Mars: War Logs is $2.38 at Nuuvem in case you somehow don't own Mars: War Logs?

The two new featured deals are Attila: Total War which is SA locked and Cities XXL which no one should buy.
Thanks, been holding out for some reason.

Nuuvem has dropped the price of Wasteland 2 to ~$9.57.

http://www.nuuvem.com/item/wasteland-2
Ding, just hit my Buy price. Gotta love nuuvem!

box_front_msi_ti4200.jpg

I think I still have one of these in my parents attic somewhere....

I remember feeling like such a boss running morrowind with the fancy water options
Pretty sure this was the one I had.

Info ripped from an ebay auction:

Gainward GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB AGP Video
refresh rates up to 240Hz and true color (32bpp) up to 2048x1536 at 75Hz refresh rate. Gainward's unique High-Performance/Wide-Bandwidth™ hardware design and powerful software support assures outstanding performance and stability.

GF4_Ultra700TV-DVI_128MB_GS.jpg

Gainward transitioned away from consumer cards shortly after I got it. This is what I played Deus Ex1 on.

MODS PLEASE COME AND BANISH ALL THESE TROLLS WHO HAVE RESPONDED TO ME BOTH PURPOSELY AND ON PURPOSE AND PURPOSEFULLY AND PORPOISEFULLY! THEY ARE OBVIOUS TROLLS WITH NO INTENTION ON SENDING ME FREE GFX CARDS AND WITH THE ONLY INTENT TO SARCARTIZE ME RIDICULIZE ME AND TEASIZE ME! I HAVE PROOF BECAUSE I SENT EACH OF THEM A PM DEMANDING PROOF THAT THESE SHITTY GFX CARDS WERE WORTH ANY MONEY AND THEY HAVE SHAMEFULLY AND COWARDEDLY FAILED TO RESPOND TO ME!

THEY ARE TROLLS MAKING TROLL NOISE WHICH IS EMPTY AND PAINFUL LIKE THE NOISE EMITTED FROM THE ANAL CAVITY DURING A BOUT OF VIOLENT, EXPLOSIVE DIARRHEA! I DO NOT DESERVE THIS! I HAVE CONTRIBUTED TO THIS COMMUNITY BY POSTING OFF TOPIC IN THIS THREAD AND TROLLING OTHER THREADS. I DEMAND RESPECT AND WILL NOT PUT UP WITH THIS TROLL ABUSE.
Reported to Playfire.

Damn, sub 10 bucks is really tempting for Wasteland 2. I have so many crpgs of that style to play already though, might wait til winter sale and see if they have it same price or lower.

Speaking of crpgs, I started Planescape Torment last night. So far (I've only played about 4 hours) the writing really lives up to its reputation. I had heard the combat was bad, but so far it's been a lot worse than I anticipated. I really enjoyed the combat in Baldurs Gate 1/2 and assumed it would be similar, but so far it's just not anywhere near to the same quality of those games. Enjoying it so far though. The writing and setting is really good and unique.

Holy fudgeballs, I was looking at my Steam inventory and noticed a previously ignored tab for Primal Carnage Extinction. Apparently in the hour I spent playing, I received a rare drop that is not only marketable, but sells for a metric gabetonne.

Yes, there's a chance that posting this info will set off all you idling jerks and crash the market, but i'm also hoping one of you jerks might be one of those fetishistic dinosaur roleplayers who really wants to buy my birdosaur.
If those are legit prices.... :hot:

refresh rates up to 240Hz and true color (32bpp) up to 2048x1536 at 75Hz refresh rate. Gainward's unique High-Performance/Wide-Bandwidth™ hardware design and powerful software support assures outstanding performance and stability.

Gainward transitioned away from consumer cards shortly after I got it. This is what I played Deus Ex1 on.
This reminds me of how many different companies produced video cards 1-2 decades ago. I remember shopping for a card back in the Athlon XP era, and seeing about a dozen brands I'd never seen before (or since), in addition to some of the big names from today such as ASUS, EVGA, MSI, etc.

Guess it's just me, but I felt like I was living in the wild west while playing those games. ...plus I played Nisha in TPS. She's kind of a cowgirl.
I've only played a bit of Borderlands 2 (backlog and such), but I agree...Borderlands is a western. Which makes like...12 westerns on Steam.

Watching Django Unchained last night makes me want to play Call of Juarez: Gunslinger again. The OTT blood spray effects in that game must have been heavily influenced by Django.
I'm going to say Django was influenced by Gunslinger. Because Gunslinger was better.

If those are legit prices.... :hot:

This reminds me of how many different companies produced video cards 1-2 decades ago. I remember shopping for a card back in the Athlon XP era, and seeing about a dozen brands I'd never seen before (or since), in addition to some of the big names from today such as ASUS, EVGA, MSI, etc.
I remember CES/Comdex having like a ton of companies and how awesome it was to go around checking out everybody's "new and improved" graphics card and all the knick knacks and chotchkies they'd give away. The bags and stuff was awesome. Nowadays, things have gone to shit and nobody cares for things like this. Even 10 years ago, things were way different.

I guess Square Enix didn't learn from the Batman: AK PC controversy them last few weeks....

FF 14 Mac Version pullled from sales + refunds will be offered to those who want them, until they fix the technical issues with it:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-07-06-square-enix-pulls-mac-version-of-final-fantasy-14-from-sale

EDIT:

[Just insert MysterD wanting Red Dead Redemption PC port here.]

EDIT 2:

I ran Deus Ex 1 on a GeForce 2 MX 400.

I want to say it was a VisionTek version of the card - trying to remember here + all.

Damn, sub 10 bucks is really tempting for Wasteland 2. I have so many crpgs of that style to play already though, might wait til winter sale and see if they have it same price or lower.

Speaking of crpgs, I started Planescape Torment last night. So far (I've only played about 4 hours) the writing really lives up to its reputation. I had heard the combat was bad, but so far it's been a lot worse than I anticipated. I really enjoyed the combat in Baldurs Gate 1/2 and assumed it would be similar, but so far it's just not anywhere near to the same quality of those games. Enjoying it so far though. The writing and setting is really good and unique.
You should grab it at this price, especially if you're old enough to have played the first one (although if you're just starting P:T for the first time, I'm guessing you aren't). I finished it about a week ago, so I need to start my review soon. Buy W2 now and play it after you finish Torment.

One non-spoilery hint as you're just starting: if you want the best possible ending, be sure that your Nameless One has a pretty high intelligence.

Personally, I wish I could have kickstarted these inXile games for the phat KS-exclusive loot, but there's a reason I'm on this site and it ain't my piles of disposable income.

Speaking of reviews, I'm not sure why everyone here seems to be so enamored of Gunslinger. I found the duels and pretty much every boss-battle scenario in that game to be annoying as hell. I can't imagine wanting to replay it on a higher difficulty level.

I'm guessing not. Because they're supposed to be releasing the Director's Cut version. Free to people who already own WL2 and a good reason not to heavily discount the "new" game come Christmas.

Speaking of reviews, I'm not sure why everyone here seems to be so enamored of Gunslinger. I found the duels and pretty much every boss-battle scenario in that game to be annoying as hell. I can't imagine wanting to replay it on a higher difficulty level.
The duels were my least favorite part of the game but I very much enjoyed the general gun play, the feel of the weapons, the novelty of not having assault rifles and chain guns to tote around, the art style and the amusing "unreliable narrator" story telling. All in all it was a well made shooter and at a really nice price.

My email got hacked a couple months back, they accessed my Steam account with it too. Apparently there are Russian websites that sell access to stolen accounts. I changed all my passwords and set up Steam Guard like 3 weeks back. Finally had two attempts to reset my password this morning. Hopefully I'm safe now, pricks.

Anyone have experience with this?

Never anything that bad.  Just had someone ping my SteamGuard once trying to reset my password.  I had no indication that my email itself was compromised but I changed the passwords for both anyway and that was that.

Too bad for you, Russian guy who wanted to play Escape Machines!

Not sure if serious, but OTT blood sprays have been a staple of Westerns since the days of Sergio Leone.

My email got hacked a couple months back, they accessed my Steam account with it too. Apparently there are Russian websites that sell access to stolen accounts. I changed all my passwords and set up Steam Guard like 3 weeks back. Finally had two attempts to reset my password this morning. Hopefully I'm safe now, pricks.

I think Voken/Financial Panther and sunasun got "hacked" before. Can't recall anyone else posting about it happening to them.

I think Voken/Financial Panther and sunasun got "hacked" before. Can't recall anyone else posting about it happening to them.
I have a very elaborate system that involves me carving all my passwords into Mooby's desk so that if I ever forget them, I know where to go.

Sometimes you have to dig through all the papers from Bruticis' solicitor to find but it's all worth it in the end.

The duels were my least favorite part of the game but I very much enjoyed the general gun play, the feel of the weapons, the novelty of not having assault rifles and chain guns to tote around, the art style and the amusing "unreliable narrator" story telling. All in all it was a well made shooter and at a really nice price.
To me, the quality of the general gunplay was outweighed by the terrible duels and boss fights. Maybe it's good in comparison to some standard that I cannot use, because I don't play too many shooters in general and I haven't played the first two games, but there were several points where I nearly ragequit because of frustrating mechanics. MSRP isn't really a factor in my mind.

I don't remember the boss fights in CoJ:GS being an issue, just the duels.  Even the duels weren't terrible per se, it's just not what I wanted to be doing.  But different strokes and all that.

Syntax Error summed up my feelings pretty nicely. I'll just add that I liked the way I could slow down the game and get precision shots and feel like a badass. Also, the arcade aspects featuring points and combos were pretty novel.

Maybe you just don't like shooters that much?

Yes, but fortunately was able to get it back after a few days. It was a day or two after bundle bandits sent everyone's email info to russian hackers. As an apology, they sent me a penis frenzy key. Im sure that the hackers enjoyed all my cag friends' and tebow's constant pestering via chat and profile feed. Good luck.

Syntax Error summed up my feelings pretty nicely. I'll just add that I liked the way I could slow down the game and get precision shots and feel like a badass. Also, the arcade aspects featuring points and combos were pretty novel.

Maybe you just don't like shooters that much?
Maybe. I'm not prepared to rule it out.

At least it's not unity asset flip. (I posted this so someone can prove me wrong lol)

At least it's not unity asset flip. (I posted this so someone can prove me wrong lol)
I accidentally release Absconding Zatwor 2 days before planned release date so cards should start droping as soon as steam approves them. I will let you know when that happens.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
I wonder how that is possible.

Make sure not to use paypal's automatic conversion. Select other conversion options and just get charged directly in the foreign currency. Your credit card fees (determined by your bank or wherever you got your card) charge less nearly all the time. My bank only charges 1% and for some reason doesn't charge conversion fees at all on Nuuvem.
Ack, I feel dumb but I've been searching for 20 minutes and I can't find where to select other conversion options. A little help?

bread's done
Back