Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Introversion announced Prison Architect is going to launch (well come out of EA) in October. In the first like 2 minutes of the Alpha 35 video.

Really need to go back and play now with all the gang stuff they seem to be adding (after watching over an hour of videos since Alpha 35 and the Big Pharma update came out the same day ><).
oh good, finally i have a chance to play this game. i've always wanted to try.... oh wait, i've had it for 2 years.

I didn't think 2033 was terrible, as I said, found it mediocre. It definitely knocked LL way down in the backlog.
Sorry, I thought we were using the IGN game rating scale of 7.5 - 10. "This game was slow paced, pedestrian, had dated assets and a third of the way through I noticed that my fingernails began peeling off and my dong was leaking a strange pus. It's an 8".

You do get to pay for a lap dance if you're so inclined.

Introversion announced Prison Architect is going to launch (well come out of EA) in October. In the first like 2 minutes of the Alpha 35 video.
Shit, it's not too late to pay $40 to get a guy named after me, is it?

It's crap. And you're wrong. And you should feel bad.

No offense.
You should wait until you play it. You know you're going to buy it and all the DLC too.

Think I'll buy the Krieg/Psycho DLC for Borderplands 2. Mechromancer is more like... MEH-chromancer, amirite?
Krieg is great. He's got a very fun skill tree that allows him to wade in to crowds, killing and absorbing damage. His FFYL will let you chase down a bad guy and then suicide-bomb for a recovery. He's nearly unstoppable in most of the non-boss fights.

I didn't enjoy the Mech much, but she definitely has her fans. Her stupid robot always seems to be in everyone's way. And he heals opponents.

ARMA:Cold War Assault
McPixel

If any one would like these give me a PM. The mobile fodder isn't worth the +1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus H, man. I didn't even really want to upgrade to Win 10, but now that I'm having so many stupid issues, it feels like my mission to do so. Am i the only mother fuck er here having problems with this shit?

*eyes eulogy and hopes he didn't ask for what I wanted before me*

tumblr_myjmgq3DyP1ry46hlo1_r1_400.gif

Think I'll buy the Krieg/Psycho DLC for Borderplands 2. Mechromancer is more like... MEH-chromancer, amirite?
Gaige is actually my second favorite, tied with Krieg. For TVHM or Normal, a DT build is entirely viable and basically easy mode (i.e. boring). At UVHM, Anarchy is the way to go and it's imo incredibly rewarding with its risk/reward playstyle. Add a fibber and Gaige plays like no other, both frustrating and fun. But she is kind of a love or hate character.

Jesus H, man. I didn't even really want to upgrade to Win 10, but now that I'm having so many stupid issues, it feels like my mission to do so. Am i the only mother fuck er here having problems with this shit?
I upgraded my PSU tonight and then had that moment where you hit the power button and nothing happens. Eventually fixed it though.

Then it erased all my overclock settings so now I'm dorking around trying to get those reset. I knew I put off Win10 for a reason. I can't imagine dealing with this stuff and a brand new OS.

I upgraded my PSU tonight and then had that moment where you hit the power button and nothing happens. Eventually fixed it though.

Then it erased all my overclock settings so now I'm dorking around trying to get those reset. I knew I put off Win10 for a reason. I can't imagine dealing with this stuff and a brand new OS.
I just finally got Win10 installed and all I had to do was unplug any/all USB devices and disconnect all HDDs/SSDs, except the one which contains the OS, and AND disable .Net Framework.

Such an effortless upgrade.

I just finally got Win10 installed and all I had to do was unplug any/all USB devices and disconnect all HDDs/SSDs, except the one which contains the OS, and AND disable .Net Framework.

Such an effortless upgrade.
Glad to hear you finally got it installed and everything, after having M$ trolling issues. :)

I got the Win 10 64-bit version files downloaded yesterday with my Win 8.1 64-bit laptop (i.e. my non-modern gaming PC). Burned a bootable ISO DVD of the files, so I don't have to download the damn Win 10 installer files again. That was all easy enough. :)

If + when I do decide to finally test Win 10 out - I'll probably try it 1st on my laptop, before I decide to put it on my main Win 7 gaming PC....or not.

Is there a decent reliable source for purchasing Windows? My sons laptop has a volume license Win7 and it's not eligible for the upgrade to 10. I won't fakeybro his college laptop.

Last night the bros played some Just Cause 2 MP and it was a blast even without real set parameters.  We spent a while teleporting to the helicopters and blasting each other out of the sky, then we did a derby just crashing into each other, then we raced at the race track, and then we put bounties on each other and played 1 vs all deathmatch.  Then my power went out, but I assume the bros kept having a blast.  So anyway, I recommend anyone who is a fan of the game to give the MP a try.  

How busy is it these days?  I tried the MP when it was brand new and it was essentially impossible to do anything given the number of people spamming the spawn points with tank fire or grenades, the airports looked like a mall on Christmas Eve, etc.  I mean, you could run out into the jungle and hang out but what's the point of that?

Shame I missed it; my system was in pieces on a table at the time.

How busy is it these days? I tried the MP when it was brand new and it was essentially impossible to do anything given the number of people spamming the spawn points with tank fire or grenades, the airports looked like a mall on Christmas Eve, etc. I mean, you could run out into the jungle and hang out but what's the point of that?

Shame I missed it; my system was in pieces on a table at the time.
The server we were on was completely empty save for us. They have a ton of servers, some more populated than others, but a lot of empty ones and none that I saw that were packed so I think it's probably died off a lot now that the novelty has worn off. So you should be able to do what you want now.

I could see the bros doing this one again because JC2 is just a fun game overall. Wish Sleeping Dogs had MP like this, but the map in SD is way too small to really work in MP.

Apropos of nothing, I played some Killer Is Dead last night. Damn thing gave me a headache.

I get that it's all artsy and stylish but the game itself left me cold. I couldn't wait to finish the boss encounter so I could just turn it off.

I know there's some kinda "gigolo" mode for cheap thrills but after playing Hunie Pop it all felt kinda empty. If I want boobs I'll just go and leer at the wife.

I can see why there's fuss about it but it's really not for me.

I spent an hour on You Must Build A Boat instead which was infinitely more rewarding.

:whee:

Not to interrupt this talk of vaginas and buttholes, but does anyone have experience with closed loop coolers?  I know, I know "They're junk compared to a home built system" but I'm not spending that much time dicking around on this box.  I'm just trying to cut back on some of the wind farm going on inside my case.  With the new stuff in there last night it's becoming deafening and I figure that knocking out a few fans -- such as the two on my Coolermaster rig and maybe one of the case fans -- would be a good way to go.

Not to interrupt this talk of vaginas and buttholes, but does anyone have experience with closed loop coolers? I know, I know "They're junk compared to a home built system" but I'm not spending that much time dicking around on this box. I'm just trying to cut back on some of the wind farm going on inside my case. With the new stuff in there last night it's becoming deafening and I figure that knocking out a few fans -- such as the two on my Coolermaster rig and maybe one of the case fans -- would be a good way to go.
I don't have experience other than to say Frys seems to be the best place to find a good price on them consistently. I've been tempted by them a lot of times and honestly trust them a lot more than I trust myself to make one. I've heard horror stories about when they leak.

is the first witcher worth playing?
I actually prefer it oddly enough. It's different though. More RPGish and less actiony I guess. The biggest difference is the chain hits combat. It's timing based and not bad once you get used to it but if you go in expecting to spam buttons it won't work.

There's a fair bit of running around back and forth in spots that can get tiring but overall I think it's a good game. You should be able to catch it dirt cheap on a sale these days.

I forgot all about Fry's.  I have a Microcenter "near" me but there's a Fry's about as far so I've got options.  Corsair seems to be the name in them but I don't know if that's because they're actually the best or just because they crank out a ton of different models but someone else sells better/cheaper.

Fry's also sells refurbished closed loop coolers which sounds like a real adventure :speaktothehand:

I forgot all about Fry's. I have a Microcenter "near" me but there's a Fry's about as far so I've got options. Corsair seems to be the name in them but I don't know if that's because they're actually the best or just because they crank out a ton of different models but someone else sells better/cheaper.

Fry's also sells refurbished closed loop coolers which sounds like a real adventure :speaktothehand:
FWIW - I've never been disappointed by a Corsair product.

Not to interrupt this talk of vaginas and buttholes, but does anyone have experience with closed loop coolers? I know, I know "They're junk compared to a home built system" but I'm not spending that much time dicking around on this box. I'm just trying to cut back on some of the wind farm going on inside my case. With the new stuff in there last night it's becoming deafening and I figure that knocking out a few fans -- such as the two on my Coolermaster rig and maybe one of the case fans -- would be a good way to go.
I picked up a Corsair H105 on the cheap recently and it's proven to be steady and reliable thus far. I swapped out the stock fans (they're apparently quite loud, even at low RPMs) for some Scythe Gentle Typhoons. There's a definite hum to my rig though. Not a massive inconvenience but I'm tempted to go back to air, probably a Noctua, sometime soon.

The problem I have is that my 4770k is only stable at 4.2Ghz, at which level I really don't need that much cooling power. If I could get it stable at 4.5-4.6Ghz I'd probably be able to l justify running a 240mm rad. For now though I just need to decipher whether it's the chip that's a dud or its owner.

As for installation, it's no trickier than mounting a large tower cooler. The radiator affixes very easily.

bread's done
Back