Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Not sure how it's done but if you read the bnet forums is full of people complaining. It's because it has mysterd's favorite offline mode and nothing is stored server side like PC. So people can edit their characters and gear to make them super powerful, then they just hop online and ruin the online experience for the legit players.
Uh that's exactly what happened with the PC versions of the older games in the late 90s/early 2000s. I guess they didn't learn anything from that.

As much as MysterDRM Free likes to be the last person on this continent that gives a shit about a D3 PC offline mode, clearly it made a difference. Hell, even the console people are telling others to play the PC version because there aren't all the hackers.

I guess they were afraid the console people would scream too loud if they couldn't play with their disc offline or some crap.

Dumb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, they do have that secondary layer of bullshit with the psn and xbox live. That goes down, welp you're not connected to the internet anymore, sorry.

It's easier to deal with hackers and bots on Battle.net directly since they can just keep track of people with unusual activity. It's not always that simple on consoles. (And even if it is, devs don't give a damn. Hello Actiblizzard and CoD "hackers".)

Uh that's exactly what happened with the PC versions of the older games in the late 90s/early 2000s. I guess they didn't learn anything from that.

As much as MysterDRM Free likes to be the last person on this continent that gives a shit about a D3 PC offline mode, clearly it made a difference.

Hell, even the console people are telling others to play the PC version because there aren't all the hackers.
I assume that's b/c most console-gamers have PSN + XBL do actually want to play online or offline co-op w/ others. I'm probably one of the few from the old-school of gaming that would like to just play alone + offline, most of the time - when there's an option to play offline or online.

I doubt the consoles-versions are as highly regulated as Blizzard's PC version, since Blizzard has total-control on PC version of D3. On consoles - Blizz still has to deal with both Microsoft on XB platforms + Sony with PS platforms. They probably don't care too much there, glad to have another SKU out there, and get more $.

As someone who doesn't care much about online-play normally, I have no problem w/ playing ARPG's offline. I did w/ TQ; D2; Sacred 1+2; Silverfall + Earth Awakening; Dungeon Siege games; Dead Island + Riptide; and many others.

Actually, I played the heck out of Hellgate: London online - namely b/c it got patched more on the MP-side than the SP-side. But that was probably the only reason I played it online. Most of the time, I solo'd that anyways.

I barely played Torchlight 2 online (namely, only in the Beta; and I didn't do much even then) - did that game get hacked to crap on PC, as well? I never really played that online, either.

If it's even possible - these companies have to come up w/ a better way of doing things to protect their games, if they're going to be allowing their games to be able to go both offline + online modes. As many older games show - these games like Diablo 1+2 PC get hacked to crap online. And obviously - the same goes for D3 console versions, as well.

B/c unfortunately for some of us that like to go solo + to keep the game's integrity intact for its online-play, they have to force the always-online requirement thing; regulate the hell out of the game; and keep saves server-side.

Is it me or is every single damn side quest in B:TPS a giant glorified pain in the ass fetch quest? Traverse three zones to pick up quest item A then run back for 20 minutes to take it to some random location then another 20 to get back to the quest giver. The main quest is alright and has been fun so far but wow the side quests are very poorly done.
And this was different from Borderlands or Borderlands 2 in what way?

According to spanish p.... (Motoki knows the word) next free game On The House on Origin Store will be Command and Conquer Red Alert 2.

wz9R1DU.png
Great game, but I have a hard time believing anyone who has any interest in it hasn't played it by now.

But, it's all about getting that Origin game-count +1.

I already have this there, so no +1 for me.
I don't think it's one of those games that activate to Origin because it's so old, but you could potentially get one of their CSRs to add it to your account for you. On the House is probably easier though. :p

I don't think it's one of those games that activate to Origin because it's so old, but you could potentially get one of their CSRs to add it to your account for you. On the House is probably easier though. :p
Oh, it's already in my Origin account - thanks to CSR.

CSR Key Activation experience

When I asked to add one game from CSR a while back (Sims 2, IIRC), they asked me if I had more retail keys that wouldn't activate on Origin and that they could get them added. I told them if I did that, we could be there all night - and that I buy ridiculous amounts of games. They said to go ahead.

So, I did - since I had nothing else better to do.

I was there for hours w/ them, getting a lot of games added.

They added A TON of my retail keys. I had the old C+C X Collection (which includes RA2) was one of them games they added - and they basically added the newer C+C Collection version instead. :)

And this was different from Borderlands or Borderlands 2 in what way?
I don't remember Borderlands 1 that well but I never remember being as annoyed at any quest in Borderlands 2 as most of the ones in TPS.

Lets see, get quest and find object is on the other side of the map, run to other side of map (which you have to run the right way or else you end up under the objective which is hard to see from the map and you have to backtrack the whole way) and get told map was flushed down the toilet so run back the way you came to get to the garbage area. Run around garbage area digging until you find map, get map and see that the X is yet again across the map. Get to the X and find out you need dynamite to get past it but yet again, the dynamite is across the map. Run across map and back to blow up the wall, finish the quest and then run across the map yet again to turn it in. Meanwhile during every single treck across the map and back every scav/tork/baddie all respawn and you have to fight/run through them and some kid with a British accent is narrating the whole thing in about the worst way possible. All the while you are unable to use a vehicle.

I don't remember a single quest in BL2 that is nearly this bad.

I don't remember Borderlands 1 that well but I never remember being as annoyed at any quest in Borderlands 2 as most of the ones in TPS.

Lets see, get quest and find object is on the other side of the map, run to other side of map (which you have to run the right way or else you end up under the objective which is hard to see from the map and you have to backtrack the whole way) and get told map was flushed down the toilet so run back the way you came to get to the garbage area. Run around garbage area digging until you find map, get map and see that the X is yet again across the map. Get to the X and find out you need dynamite to get past it but yet again, the dynamite is across the map. Run across map and back to blow up the wall, finish the quest and then run across the map yet again to turn it in. Meanwhile during every single treck across the map and back every scav/tork/baddie all respawn and you have to fight/run through them and some kid with a British accent is narrating the whole thing in about the worst way possible. All the while you are unable to use a vehicle.

So they took the worst aspects of both games and made them worse? Kudos, Gearbox.

Why are you unable to use a vehicle? I remember this quest, and there are at least two Moon Zoomy locations between those places. As for missions taking a while, I just spawn a Stingray and jump over things. BL lets you make shortcuts out of the environment with zero fall damage. :(

If anything, I'd have to say that BL TPS has more vehicle spawns and better quick travel locations than BL2. Remember having to do the entire Thousand Cuts map to fight BNK3R? What about doing the entire Bloodshot Stronghold and ensuing map after saving Roland just to press a switch and burn some guy?

https://twitter.com/notsoseriouss/status/642006751949234176

I know MysterD you aren't living in Boston, but in case you have to go there this weekend, or you want to go, you know what you can expect.

Oh, it's already in my Origin account - thanks to CSR.

CSR Key Activation experience

When I asked to add one game from CSR a while back (Sims 2, IIRC), they asked me if I had more retail keys that wouldn't activate on Origin and that they could get them added. I told them if I did that, we could be there all night - and that I buy ridiculous amounts of games. They said to go ahead.

So, I did - since I had nothing else better to do.

I was there for hours w/ them, getting a lot of games added.

They added A TON of my retail keys. I had the old C+C X Collection (which includes RA2) was one of them games they added - and they basically added the newer C+C Collection version instead. :)
I had no idea Origin does this. Are you referring to the Command and Conquer First Decade? Never heard of the X collection

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Conquer-First-Decade-Pc/dp/B000CPKIT6/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1441901866&sr=8-4&keywords=command+and+conquer+collection

If so, I have this as well and need to do this!

Oh, look - Final Fantasy V is coming to Steam in a few weeks on Sept 24:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/382890/
Yep and it's too expensive. 14.49€.....¬¬

According to http://www.vg247.com/2015/09/10/final-fantasy-5-pc-release-date/

"Features for the RPG on PC include:

Veteran character designer, Kazuko Shibuya, has returned to recreate the characters and graphics from the Game Boy® Advance version for an enhanced experience.
Updated controls and a newly optimized active-time battle system for an even more fluid PC experience
A job and ability system featuring 26 unique classes that allows players to freely customize their four heroes to fit their unique play style
The Sealed Temple, an additional dungeon originally featured in the 2006 version of FINAL FANTASY V for Game Boy Advance®
Enuo, an optional boss created by renowned designer Tetsuya Nomura
Loads of obtainable Steam trading cards and achievements"

That's a bad joke, trying to charge almost 15€ for that changes....

I look forward to a max 20% off for the foreseeable future.
Since Square has sunk so much $ in FF13 and their sequels; fixing FF14 Online; Tomb Raider reboot series; Hitman series - I guess they gotta find a way to make some money back so they hope to stay in business, right? ;)

EDIT:

I just saw this a few minutes ago. Square-Enix is insane if they think this is worth $16.
Maybe it'll one day wind-up in a Final Fantasy Build-A-Bundle, numerous years down the road...

DragonBall Xenoverse is currently 83% off, several other titles are glitched at the moment but at negative prices so you can't get them.  It was briefly 50% off so I suspect that is the intended discount.

Yeah I missed it too. fuck.

*Edited to add: And dammit, now I can never buy it because if I ever do I'll have to listen to Madjoki and Spoder go 'Why didn't you buy it on that price glitch that one time for 5 minutes?' :roll:

Sometimes I hate this place.  :headache:

Argh, I got all excited for free Red Alert 2 and then remembered I already own the whole collection on Origin. Whoops...
Yeah, I picked up the Ultimate Collection when it was on sale for about $16 a few years ago. I plan on playing Tiberian Twilight and finishing it just so I can see the conclusion of the C&C story. As far as the "classic" ones go, Red Alert 2 should probably work well on most modern systems, although I don't think any of the older games will upscale to resolutions higher than 800x600 or 1024x768, depending on the age of the title. RA2 and Yuri's Revenge are great fun. I tried getting into Red Alert 1 but I found it to be considerably harder than the newer games and I quit probably around eight or nine missions into the Soviet campaign. What's annoying about RA 1 (and maybe the RA 2 missions were like this too and I don't remember or I've outgrown my enjoyment of this) is that each mission is designed a bit like a puzzle and there are one or maybe two different approaches you can take that will give you a chance of success and any other approach will basically guarantee failure. After screwing up a mission once or twice, you may have to go read a walkthrough to figure out the point at which you blew it and start over. That makes for very tedious advancement.

Apparently Buggy and ReLoaded got removed from Steam. Both were published by Console Classics and developed by Urbanscan. N2O also has the same dev/publisher and it's 80% off so if you don't want to risk it getting removed, now might be the time to buy it.

Was really thinking on buying DA:I... started origin and... updating. OMG!! Forgot about that "everyday-update"!!! And of course, after finished updating... I had to enter my user and password (I always check the "remember me" box). And then the mail code.

Now I'm not in the mood of buying anything from that store. fuck EA!
Contact customer service about it and be polite. Every time I've done that over the last year they've given me a 15% off entire purchase coupon.

Oh, look - Final Fantasy V is coming to Steam in a few weeks on Sept 24:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/382890/
Nice, PC is getting the ugliest version of the game!

Anyone get an extra. I missed it. Damn you work!!!
Check the cesspool. ;)

Yeah I missed it too. fuck.

*Edited to add: And dammit, now I can never buy it because if I ever do I'll have to listen to Madjoki and Spoder go 'Why didn't you buy it on that price glitch that one time for 5 minutes?' :roll:

Sometimes I hate this place. :headache:
I was busy playing a Vita game! I didn't know about the glitch until Bobby texted me. y u no join cag txting circlejerk club
Because he's too busy Motokiing.

And the only one who blows up phones is Tebow.

Check the cesspool. ;)

Because he's too busy Motokiing.
If you mean not being [customspoiler="an opportunist trying to profit from fellow CAGs"]
Have:

Dragonball Xenoverse (Only looking to trade for the Naruto bundle)

In Verbis Vitrum - $1.50 (If you get this with Ankh, i'll knock it down to $2.25 for both)
Ankh Anniversary - $1
Terra Nova - $0.75

Want:

PayPal

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Bundle
[/customspoiler]
then yes I was busy Motokiing.

Daily Deals
75% off Call of Juarez - $2.49
75% off Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood - $2.49
75% off Call of Juarez: The Cartel - $2.49
75% off Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $3.74

Weekend Deals
30% off The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - $41.99
Up to 75% off Bandai Namco Franchise

Play for FREE through Sunday at 1PM Pacific Time.
Up to 80% off Saints Row Franchise
75% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown - $7.49 (up to 75% off DLC)
80% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack - $10.00
83% off XCOM: Enemy Unknown + The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - $8.49

Daily Deal
85% off Ground Pounders (Steam) - $1.95

Weekly, Midweek and Weekend Deals
Ending 9/14
Up to 80% off King's Bounty Weekend
Up to 75% off Sniper Elite Weekend
Up to 85% off Sword of the Stars deals

40% off Mad Max (NA) (Steam) - $35.99 with code MADMAX-SAVE40-MADMAX

33% off Dying Light titles

Up to 80% off Plug-in Digital Sale