Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
i was told that the turn based aspect was tedious. How was the gameplay compared to Xcom?
I dunno, I haven't played the new XCOMs yet. It's better than the old XCOMs. I didn't think it was tedious, but I guess I like squad based turn based strategy games.

Ok here's a little more deep verdict on Blackguards.

• I played it on the harder difficulty and it's very challenging in parts. Which is a good thing.
  • The story is very good, there are choices to be made and they make a difference to the game. There are twists and betrayals along the way.
  • The voice acting is great. The main characters are done well and Naurim in particular is great. There are a few NPCs that are a little cringe worthy but on the whole, it's good.
  • The battles are pretty varied, there is very little repetition in battle scenes (if any). There's a good variety of different objectives in the battles

On the negative side, I encountered a couple of bugs during play. Nothing game breaking, but a little annoying for a game that's been out quite a while now.

Overall I'd give it an 8.5/10, it's a very enjoyable RPG.

I guess this would be the place to ask. I've seen that nuveem has very good deals now since the exchange rate is hitting Brazil's money hard. How do I check/make sure the code I get is international? Is there a sure way of knowing? Thanks.

I guess this would be the place to ask. I've seen that nuveem has very good deals now since the exchange rate is hitting Brazil's money hard. How do I check/make sure the code I get is international? Is there a sure way of knowing? Thanks.
Nuuvem will typically list on the product page if a key is region locked. They've also been implementing more purchase restrictions of late (that can be circumvented), but a lot of those keys still are not locked. If you are unsure of a specific title, just ask here, I'm sure someone will know.

Fixed.

Also, Y u do dis? I just spent $5 on Evolution; now u make me want to spend $10 more. This is not RichAssGamer. You are the last person I would expect this kind of behavior from.
He's talked me into buying some expensive ass weeboo shit for the Vita on more than one occasion.

He's talked me into buying some expensive ass weeboo shit for the Vita on more than one occasion.
Well, you do own a Vita. I mean you're basically asking for it.

Edit, and we all know
photo-474003.jpg
because Spoder will see the purchase in my activity stream and message me that I could have gotten it for $1.97 in rupees from a bangladeshi digital game store. I'm onto his game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuuvem will typically list on the product page if a key is region locked. They've also been implementing more purchase restrictions of late (that can be circumvented), but a lot of those keys still are not locked. If you are unsure of a specific title, just ask here, I'm sure someone will know.
Hm interesting. I was looking at Jotun and saw nothing saying that, but then kept looking and their XCOM 2 preorder and fistful of guns is super cheap, but then I wasn't sure so that's why I came here. I don't see anything in their pages, but I could be blind. Are those safe?

Anyone who was feeling oppressive leaderboard shame whenever they played Pinball FX2, fret no longer.  Leaderboards have been wiped.

Bang-backs have been removed.  A bang-back was a diagonal nudge performed while the ball was rolling through an outlane (the side channels that typically signify the end of your scoring run).  Nudged at the proper time, in conjunction with holding the flipper up, the pinball would bounce back up between the flippers and allow one to continue playing.  The devs have deemed this physics "glitch" to be an exploit (can only be performed with digital inputs, ie: keyboard, xinput modding) and patched it out.  Obviously, players who mastered this technique could stretch game sessions out to ludicrous levels, flooding the tops of the leaderboards with scores in the billions.  While those massive scores are being preserved in an "Archived Leaderboard," a significant portion of these top players (who also happen to be some of the most respected and vocal members of the digital pinball community) are boycotting in protest, along with the typical rabble-rousing that occurs whenever anything is changed on the internet.

tl;dr: Go play pinball.

Anyone who was feeling oppressive leaderboard shame whenever they played Pinball FX2, fret no longer. Leaderboards have been wiped.

Bang-backs have been removed. A bang-back was a diagonal nudge performed while the ball was rolling through an outlane (the side channels that typically signify the end of your scoring run). Nudged at the proper time, in conjunction with holding the flipper up, the pinball would bounce back up between the flippers and allow one to continue playing. The devs have deemed this physics "glitch" to be an exploit (can only be performed with digital inputs, ie: keyboard, xinput modding) and patched it out. Obviously, players who mastered this technique could stretch game sessions out to ludicrous levels, flooding the tops of the leaderboards with scores in the billions. While those massive scores are being preserved in an "Archived Leaderboard," a significant portion of these top players (who also happen to be some of the most respected and vocal members of the digital pinball community) are boycotting in protest, along with the typical rabble-rousing that occurs whenever anything is changed on the internet.

I ain't falling for your trap!

*Edit: Spoilered most of the post cuz D longwindedshamed me.

Hm interesting. I was looking at Jotun and saw nothing saying that, but then kept looking and their XCOM 2 preorder and fistful of guns is super cheap, but then I wasn't sure so that's why I came here. I don't see anything in their pages, but I could be blind. Are those safe?
Indie stuff like Jotun and Fistful of Gun should be fine. Basically if Nuuvem lets you buy it and check out without any warnings or fussing at you then you're okay.

AAA stuff is a little more complicated...

XCom is 2K and I think last I heard they were store locking in Nuuvem but not necessarily region locking once you get the key to activate on Steam. Meaning you'd either have to use a VPN to buy it or else get someone in South America to buy it for you.

Since it's a pre-release there's also always the possibility the publisher could add an 11th hour Brazil or South America specific region lock to the Steam database. That happened with Saints Row IV.

I'd say it's probably not a good idea to pre-order AAA stuff but anything indie you should be fine and anything AAA already released if you just through hoops to get the key from the store and get a key now it will probably be okay, but depends on the publisher. Definitely don't buy anything from Deep Silver or Sega there because those are for sure region locked in the Steam db.

You can always try and check the steam database yourself at https://steamdb.info/

If you look up the game (make sure it's the actual game and not the DLC), check the packages tab on the left and see something like this:

then it's region locked so don't buy it. You want to look out for "BR" or "SA" which stand for Brazil and South America respectively. Those won't activate onto Steam outside those regions (unless you use a vpn and uh, just don't. It's one thing to use it on a store but another to use it on Steam where you've likely invested a lot of money in your account).

There's also a rare NCSA region lock that stands for North, Central and South America, but if you're in the US or Canada you're fine on that one.

So I had to go to russia and mexico and trade tf2 keys for groupees coins for games, but I finally got a copy of Temple of Osiris and a free STD.  Still don't know what the STD is yet, but I bought G2A insurance in case they don't deliver it.  

*Edit: Spoilered most of the post cuz D longwindedshamed me.

Indie stuff like Jotun and Fistful of Gun should be fine. Basically if Nuuvem lets you buy it and check out without any warnings or fussing at you then you're okay.

AAA stuff is a little more complicated...

XCom is 2K and I think last I heard they were store locking in Nuuvem but not necessarily region locking once you get the key to activate on Steam. Meaning you'd either have to use a VPN to buy it or else get someone in South America to buy it for you.

Since it's a pre-release there's also always the possibility the publisher could add an 11th hour Brazil or South America specific region lock to the Steam database. That happened with Saints Row IV.

I'd say it's probably not a good idea to pre-order AAA stuff but anything indie you should be fine and anything AAA already released if you just through hoops to get the key from the store and get a key now it will probably be okay, but depends on the publisher. Definitely don't buy anything from Deep Silver or Sega there because those are for sure region locked in the Steam db.

You can always try and check the steam database yourself at https://steamdb.info/

If you look up the game (make sure it's the actual game and not the DLC), check the packages tab on the left and see something like this:

then it's region locked so don't buy it. You want to look out for "BR" or "SA" which stand for Brazil and South America respectively. Those won't activate onto Steam outside those regions (unless you use a vpn and uh, just don't. It's one thing to use it on a store but another to use it on Steam where you've likely invested a lot of money in your account).

There's also a rare NCSA region lock that stands for North, Central and South America, but if you're in the US or Canada you're fine on that one.
Sweet I'll keep it in mind, thanks a lot!

So I had to go to russia and mexico and trade tf2 keys for groupees coins for games, but I finally got a copy of Temple of Osiris and a free STD. Still don't know what the STD is yet, but I bought G2A insurance in case they don't deliver it.
No one told you? We all decided to play Super Unicorn Cat Racer Fusions instead.

I don't usually buy racing games but Spoder's enthusiasm makes me want to gilby these.
You might be the only one. I'm thinking about actually buying them. Which, now that I think about it, means I actually could gilby these.

Also, anyone have thoughts on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for $9 (less with coupon?) and Black Ops 2 for $15 (less with coupon?) at GMG? I'm out of credit there, so it'd be real money.

You might be the only one. I'm thinking about actually buying them. Which, now that I think about it, means I actually could gilby these.

Also, anyone have thoughts on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 for $9 (less with coupon?) and Black Ops 2 for $15 (less with coupon?) at GMG? I'm out of credit there, so it'd be real money.
They're not less with coupon, coupons don't work on VIP deals.

I liked it, but I seem to be in the minority. I posted a long review elsewhere that no one wants to read.

It's people like you that made 38 Studios fold. Are you proud of yourself? You made Curt Schilling cry.
That's right, embezzlement had nothing to do with it.

Anyone who was feeling oppressive leaderboard shame whenever they played Pinball FX2, fret no longer. Leaderboards have been wiped.

Bang-backs have been removed. A bang-back was a diagonal nudge performed while the ball was rolling through an outlane (the side channels that typically signify the end of your scoring run). Nudged at the proper time, in conjunction with holding the flipper up, the pinball would bounce back up between the flippers and allow one to continue playing. The devs have deemed this physics "glitch" to be an exploit (can only be performed with digital inputs, ie: keyboard, xinput modding) and patched it out. Obviously, players who mastered this technique could stretch game sessions out to ludicrous levels, flooding the tops of the leaderboards with scores in the billions. While those massive scores are being preserved in an "Archived Leaderboard," a significant portion of these top players (who also happen to be some of the most respected and vocal members of the digital pinball community) are boycotting in protest, along with the typical rabble-rousing that occurs whenever anything is changed on the internet.

zxl58Pv.jpg

a significant portion of these top players (who also happen to be some of the most respected and vocal members of the digital pinball community)
I know the fact that there is a well established "digital pinball community" shouldn't surprise me but in a way it still surprises me

So I got fuck ed with my Trials Fusion purchase. The base game and Awesome Max DLC keys activated fine, but the season pass key wouldn't activate (says it's been used by another account). Contacting Ubisoft now, but this sucks.. never had this happen before.

So I got fuck ed with my Trials Fusion purchase. The base game and Awesome Max DLC keys activated fine, but the season pass key wouldn't activate (says it's been used by another account). Contacting Ubisoft now, but this sucks.. never had this happen before.
Well, I was considering buying the game, but I wasn't sure if 'Awesome MAX' is a definitive edition of the game. Anyway, your trouble saved me time I'd lost on thinking it through. Thanks.

This sudden sale still looks like a trap for me. Hope you all weren't fooled into Season Pass 2 or some other fancy DLC crap.

Well, I was considering buying the game, but I wasn't sure if 'Awesome MAX' is a definitive edition of the game. Anyway, your trouble saved me time I'd lost on thinking it through. Thanks.

This sudden sale still looks like a trap for me. Hope you all weren't fooled into Season Pass 2 or some other fancy DLC crap.
I was planning on actually playing it so even if there is future DLC, I won't mind that much. However, if I cant get my season pass key fixed.. that's unacceptable, I'll be forced to refund it which I'd hate to do. Guess I'll find out if Ubisoft support is completely useless or not.

Hey Flow,

Are you still doing your leader board game thing?
Not done one for a while on account of Octavious II's imminent arrival, but I'm sure we can squeeze one in for Trials Fusion. Somebody needs to take the title off two-time-champ DrSasquatch.

Details soon.

:whee:

bread's done
Back