Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
FO3 dlc was mostly bad...Point Lookout was good though. For Oblivion I still think Shivering Isles is the best dlc Bethesda's ever done, and Knights of the Nine was pretty good. Thought Dawnguard was alright and Dragonborn was pretty good. Personally I think Bethesda is one of the better companies out there in terms of bang for your buck when it comes to dlc.

Personally I think Bethesda is one of the better companies out there in terms of bang for your buck when it comes to dlc.
X2USckKh.jpg

personally I'll buy Ark and Battlefront before fallout 4, but thats just because I still havent played new vegas and by the time I play that the fallout 4 GOTY edition will be 4.99.

Given how Fallout 4 PC looks from those Ultra-screens - if that's how it's going to look, it better run at 1080p 60FPS with no framerate drops at all and have all kinds of different graphical options for some top-notch versions AA filters + SuperSampling; and any other things they can think of to make it look worth at least something technically worthwhile.

Graphics stuff aside - I hope FO4 turns out to be a great game. Bethesda did a great job w/ the gameplay stuff for FO3, which really was a hell of a modern-day evolution for the already great Fallout franchise (thanks to Fallout 1+2). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there's still 20% off at GMG. If you want to roll them dice like a madman though you could pay 39.99 at CDKeys.
I personally went with GMG myself. As far as if you should come back to PC I think the answer is obvious.
4rdOcQasKart.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
So I guess the Master PC Race must be Chinese or Korean. It certainly can't be Japanese, they hate PC gaming over there.

I still have FO3 and New Vegas backlogged. No hurry on FO4.
personally I'll buy Ark and Battlefront before fallout 4, but thats just because I still havent played new vegas and by the time I play that the fallout 4 GOTY edition will be 4.99.
Keeping with the current thread theme, I will not be preordering Black Ops 3, because I haven't played Black Ops 2 nor Black Ops 1. I also will not be preordering Assassin's Creed Syndicate, because I haven't played Unity, Rogue, 3, Revelations, and never finished Black Flag. I also will not be preordering XCOM 2, because I never finished Enemy Unknown, Enemy Within, nor Declassified. I also will not be preordering any game in any series that i'm not interested in playing. I also will not be preordering any game in any genres i'm not terribly fond of playing.

Keeping with the current thread theme, I will not be preordering Black Ops 3, because I haven't played Black Ops 2 nor Black Ops 1. I also will not be preordering Assassin's Creed Syndicate, because I haven't played Unity, Rogue, 3, Revelations, and never finished Black Flag. I also will not be preordering XCOM 2, because I never finished Enemy Unknown, Enemy Within, nor Declassified. I also will not be preordering any game in any series that i'm not interested in playing. I also will not be preordering any game in any genres i'm not terribly fond of playing.
I started playing 12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power, before the first 2. Am I going to miss out on the back story like I did when playing MGS4? (I didn't know what the heck was going on storywise)

I started playing 12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power, before the first 2. Am I going to miss out on the back story like I did when playing MGS4? (I didn't know what the heck was going on storywise)
Yes! OMG! In the first one, Hercules has to go rescue his wife, and in the second, Hercules has to go something something with a bull and Hera gets all wet wink wink, and in the third, his wife has to rescue him! And then they make Zeus sweep up his fucking dirty ass throne area!

Here is Hera getting all wet and Hercules has to hang her in a tree to dry off, but the bull keeps making her wet:

BSWuLgw.jpg

And here are Hercules and his wife making Zeus sweep up after he made a mess during an embarrassing three-way attempt:

d2lg3Vi.jpg

And here is a double rainbow all over your mom's tits:

WxhK3Nb.jpg

What does it mean?

Not going to lie, Fallout 4 looks mediocre at best in terms of the visuals.  Maybe slightly improved over Skyrim which isn't saying much.  Maybe they'll have some kind of HD texture pack like Skyrim did?

Not going to lie, Fallout 4 looks mediocre at best in terms of the visuals. Maybe slightly improved over Skyrim which isn't saying much. Maybe they'll have some kind of HD texture pack like Skyrim did?
Honestly it's gotten to a point where I don't really care. Like Witcher 3 looks great and all but once graphics reach a certain point of quality they don't impact my enjoyment of the game all that much, at least not until there's a huge jump, like when 4k becomes standard or something.

It's not a big issue to me, either.  But when you're a mega publisher like Bethesda it's definitely low rent when one of your flagship franchises' latest game looks like a mod of the previous installment released half a dozen years ago.  Also I believe this is all (if not most) of what they've been working on as a developer since Skyrim's DLC.

Honestly it's gotten to a point where I don't really care. Like Witcher 3 looks great and all but once graphics reach a certain point of quality they don't impact my enjoyment of the game all that much, at least not until there's a huge jump, like when 4k becomes standard or something.
I disagree somewhat in that I feel like the real problem is these games are being developed for consoles and so our platform is being held back because of that. Once you get past a certain point bumping up the res higher and higher is going to give diminishing returns.

Lighting and effects can really make a huge difference. Some of the ENBs the difference is really night and day. You do get a performance hit but nothing a upper mid / high end video card can't handle. But no one outside of modders is realistically going to spend time and effort on effects that consoles as well as the majority of PC owners who have shit gpus can't run.

It's not a big issue to me, either. But when you're a mega publisher like Bethesda it's definitely low rent when one of your flagship franchises' latest game looks like a mod of the previous installment released half a dozen years ago. Also I believe this is all (if not most) of what they've been working on as a developer since Skyrim's DLC.
Bethesda has pretty much always been sub par visually for whatever is going on in the high end AAA at the time. That really isn't anything new. It also doesn't help that they are keeping that old ass game engine on life support with paste and popsicle sticks.

It's always been that mods are needed to really make the visuals nicer. And if you're too fucking lazy or don't give a crap then you still have the option to just play it vanilla looking like some crap console game. The main point of a Bethesda game is to just run around and do random crap anyway.

Any chance the Fallout 4 I buy at Funstock Digital is region locked? They are located in a British region it seems. No region info on the page. They charge in GBP.

That's cool, but if it is then I passed up the Greenman deal and will be screwed. 25% off vs 20% off. $4 Canadian difference!

My PS4 pre-order: $57 CAD

Funstock: $59 CAD

GMG: $63 CAD

Nah I can't stomach paying an extra $6 but $2 for 60fps and presumably better mods... I can deal with that.

I believe I can flip my PS4 copy for $13-18 profit.

I know I suck at shooters, but did anybody else have problems running low on ammo in Duke Nukem Forever? I got as far as the Hive level and all I had were about 6 shotgun shells, 5 charges for the plasma rifle thing, and some grenades. I overwrote my stupid checkpoint save(!) and now I'm starting the level over with a just a pistol.

Yes! OMG! In the first one, Hercules has to go rescue his wife, and in the second, Hercules has to go something something with a bull and Hera gets all wet wink wink, and in the third, his wife has to rescue him! And then they make Zeus sweep up his fucking dirty ass throne area!

Here is Hera getting all wet and Hercules has to hang her in a tree to dry off, but the bull keeps making her wet:

And here are Hercules and his wife making Zeus sweep up after he made a mess during an embarrassing three-way attempt:

And here is a double rainbow all over your mom's tits:

What does it mean?
It means I now want this ridiculous game.

I know I suck at shooters, but did anybody else have problems running low on ammo in Duke Nukem Forever? I got as far as the Hive level and all I had were about 6 shotgun shells, 5 charges for the plasma rifle thing, and some grenades. I overwrote my stupid checkpoint save(!) and now I'm starting the level over with a just a pistol.
What difficulty are you on? I never had a problem running out of ammo in that game on normal. My advice would be to search all the corners and pods in the ground for more weapons and such, and if all else fails there's always the melee. I found melee was the best way to kill those facehumper creatures that scurry around. And if I recall correctly, you get tons of ammo during the boss fight.

Fun fact: That level was upsetting to lots of little bitches who suck their mommy's teat at night, and they complained about it on the Steam Community whine thread. Already being a grown adult able to comprehend the significance of the level in the Duke Nukem story line and handle graphic violence in a video game, I can't see where their whiny bitchiness is coming from. The Hive was my favorite level in the game; doesn't make me macabre or anti-feminist, instead meaning that I can employ reason to what I saw.

Duke Nukem Forever is a 6 to me. I get all apprehensive when children whine on about how bad it is, like they expected COD Nukem or some Disney speak-and-spell.

but u will save $ and remain true to your CAG-iness.

CAG don't let CAG rebuy shit that they already own

Nice try, but I'm still tempted. Mostly because I tried starting AoW: Direct Action last night and I got some kind of weird error about the disk not being in the drive, even though I verified that the disk was indeed in the drive. So now it's mostly me trying to figure out whether Act of War is worth the $2.50 to me to play or whether I should just move on to something that probably works. My time with it so far leaves me leaning toward no mostly because the game, at least so far, doesn't really encourage you to do a lot of the conventional base-building that I associate with old-school (and Starcraft II) RTS games. While I'm not a fan of building the same base over and over again in every mission, having virtually no base-building makes for a strange game.

What difficulty are you on? I never had a problem running out of ammo in that game on normal. My advice would be to search all the corners and pods in the ground for more weapons and such, and if all else fails there's always the melee. I found melee was the best way to kill those facehumper creatures that scurry around. And if I recall correctly, you get tons of ammo during the boss fight.

Fun fact: That level was upsetting to lots of little bitches who suck their mommy's teat at night, and they complained about it on the Steam Community whine thread. Already being a grown adult able to comprehend the significance of the level in the Duke Nukem story line and handle graphic violence in a video game, I can't see where their whiny bitchiness is coming from. The Hive was my favorite level in the game; doesn't make me macabre or anti-feminist, instead meaning that I can employ reason to what I saw.

Duke Nukem Forever is a 6 to me. I get all apprehensive when children whine on about how bad it is, like they expected COD Nukem or some Disney speak-and-spell.
It was normal or easy, I don't remember. I restarted the level on easy with the pistol. I guess I can try to pay closer attention to the ground, if there are weapons and ammo to be found there, but I will agree with some of the folks who posted in that link that it can be really hard to see where you're supposed to be going in that level and the "Duke Vision" doesn't help at all.

Yeah I'm not Passports so I had no idea that was some hipster crap I just randomly found that image and figured the Asian chick fit for SolidNakedSbakeEyes and all that.

Nordic Games weekend on Steam, a buncha bundle crap not worth buying by itself for the most part, but it was nice to see that Darksiders II Deathnitive or whatever its called Edition is already owned as I owned Darksiders II already. Didnt even know that was a thing, or maybe MysterD mentioned it but I ignored it. So that's nice.

Looking forward to BLOPS III tonight. I won a copy and all indications are that its pretty good. Even the campaign sounds awesome as it basically turns to a zombie version of the regular campaign after you beat the regular campaign. May be some replayability in a COD story mode for the first time since the first MW, at least for me.

Nordic Games weekend on Steam, a buncha bundle crap not worth buying by itself for the most part, but it was nice to see that Darksiders II Deathnitive or whatever its called Edition is already owned as I owned Darksiders II already. Didnt even know that was a thing, or maybe MysterD mentioned it but I ignored it. So that's nice.
It's not showing up in my account and I've had Darksiders II since 2012. Should I blame the Mayans?

Actually a couple of those bundles of stuff are at 95% off, which probably marks an all-time, outside-of-bundle low, so they might be worth checking out if your account is sorely lacking in Nordic things.

Supposedly Darksiders II Redux was going to be 80% off for old owners, but it's 20% off.

Except for the soundtrack. That's 80% off.

It's not showing up in my account and I've had Darksiders II since 2012. Should I blame the Mayans?

Actually a couple of those bundles of stuff are at 95% off, which probably marks an all-time, outside-of-bundle low, so they might be worth checking out if your account is sorely lacking in Nordic things.
EDIT: I just looked at the forums and apparently those that owned the "Franchise Pack" got Deathinitive added. Thats what I got last August apparently as I owned none of the Darksiders games on PC prior.

And yea, I notice the 95% off Spellbound and The Guild packages as many in my friends list are buying them. I couldn't care less about those, but may be a glitch or are just rock bottom now.

You bought it too early. You get only free upgrade if you bought franchise pack from -90% sale. lol.

bread's done
Back