Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
BernardoOne posted on his feed looking for someone from Columbia but he was kind of being all Ancient Chinese Secret about it so details are sketchy.

Last edited by a moderator:
BernardoOne posted on his feed looking for someone from Columbia
b858dc03bb496ce9776eefb318ee70e6.jpg

Not exactly the same. Making a digital marketplace is extremely useful...why do I need a new operating system? Or a steam machine? I'll admit I am definitely interested in the controller though.
Well, back when it started, it was more like pure DRM.

Edit: I joined in 2004? cause it was required for CS. It wasn't until about ~2007 they they became a store front.

Taking a bit from Spoder:

YU DU DIS2Meeeeeee

I'm in the middle of Super-CAG-ness. But I'm worried the port will be shitty. And idea of a history of them (the dev) porting this kinda thing over successfully?
If history is anything go by it will be weird buggy port from inferior PS3 version, but some features from PS4. In this case seems like some PS4 DLC and rest are same as PS3 version.

I don't think they have done any port that can be said to be "acceptable".

If history is anything go by it will be weird buggy port from inferior PS3 version, but some features from PS4. In this case seems like some PS4 DLC and rest are same as PS3 version.

I don't think they have done any port that can be said to be "acceptable".
Yeah, probably not worth buying at full price.. does it even come with preorder bonuses? I'd wait for a good deal on it outside of Steam since it's square enix..

It's up on GMG for $46 $43.20 with voucher. (code: INDEED-INDEED-INDEED)

In other never-gonna-get-a-good-sale news, Lightning Returns now has a release date. No price listed on Steam but GMG has it at $19.99. Same code also works on that, making it $16. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And also, Hotline Miami 2 is $4.50 on Steam with alienware coupon...still way too much.

I think I'll bite on the Hotline Miami 2, especially since the coupon expires 12/1 (if I recall).  unfortunately, the coupons I had in my inventory seem to have disappeared.  Anyone seeing anything similar?

Not exactly the same. Making a digital marketplace is extremely useful...why do I need a new operating system? Or a steam machine? I'll admit I am definitely interested in the controller though.
Did anyone here actually buy one of these and try it out?

Weekend Deals
50% off Dying Light - $29.99 (50% off DLC)
40% off Dying Light Ultimate Edition - $47.99
Is Dying Light ever going to get more DLC? There's not even a discount for buying the ultimate edition, waiting on this to get to $30 or so and then I might buy it.

Did anyone here actually buy one of these and try it out?

Is Dying Light ever going to get more DLC? There's not even a discount for buying the ultimate edition, waiting on this to get to $30 or so and then I might buy it.
There is supposed to be one huge expansion coming out, a map the size of the other 2 combined along with vehicles. They claim it will be out Q1 of 2016 though

Taking a bit from Spoder:

YU DU DIS2Meeeeeee

I'm in the middle of Super-CAG-ness. But I'm worried the port will be shitty. And idea of a history of them (the dev) porting this kinda thing over successfully?
Okay, that's a tough one. Remember, getting it on consoles with GGC is a far better deal right now.

DW8XLCE was a very good port. Toukiden was unplayable trash. DoA5 runs amazingly but it will never EVER get online working. Bladestorm... ran like shit even on consoles so I think that's a wash.

Now, here's the thing, One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (Which is a better game than both Hyrule Warriors and DQH.) ran pretty dang good. The graphics were nowhere near as crisp or pretty as the PS4 version but it was still a good port. Samurai Warriors 4-2, which should have been shit, was actually a very nice port. Some problems, of course, but it worked.

Nobunaga's Ambition is a native PC game anyway so it runs perfectly.

Depends on what you call acceptable but in general I would say it's a coin flip.

It took a few tries to figure it out (it's not intuitive, not to me anyway) but while I was in the settlement mode, I had to click a person then go to the outpost and press "E" to "Assign" them.  Took a try or two before it gave me a "So-and-so assigned" message.

Wait how do you assign people to guard posts? I've just been building turrets but I'm plum out of turret parts.
in building mode walk to a person, when you're within range the bottom of the screen will show "command," push that button, walk to the guard post and use the same button when the bottom of the screen shows "assign"

edit: dammit sytnax error'd

Finished up Game of Thrones Telltale. Pretty damn good all considering. Good use of the license, strong characters that are not in any other form of the canon other than the game, relatively high production values. Very enjoyable if you're a fan of the TV series. Just a note that it does end on a cliffhanger, so obviously they're doing a season two (and I dont blame them), so continue waiting if you were to begin with. A strong effort from Telltale though and not all disappointing. Lots of questions after the season finale, but I expected that frankly. There's one story arc I wish they could've handled better, but its a nitpick.

To be honest, I like just having one sale price.
Setting aside the obvious problem of fewer possible glitches, I can also imagine that developers/publishers are going to be reluctant to discount their games steeply for an extended amount of time. From that standpoint alone, I think it has the potential to turn the Winter Sale from "meh" to horri-bad.

I kinda get what they're trying to do, and I think it has a lot to do with their mostly lousy recommendation/curator system, but I'd personally miss the fun of checking out the lukewarm sales every day.

Wow so many Foxhacks here who think the sky is falling.

meh, mostly what gets sales is just having your game on the front page so they'll do it. The oh it's 50% off, SUPRISE BITCH now it's 75% is shenanigans. I don't think anyone is going to shit that much of a brick about having their game on sale for 10 days but if they do and refuse to participate with the biggest sale on the largest PC game store it's their loss.

I do think the length will make the sales themselves chintzier on the whole, but they've been trending that way for a while anyhow, gutter trash with cards aside, of course.

But this does beg the question, you guys think Black Friday or Winter sale will bring any deals on the Steam controller? Wondering if it could replace my current DS3 so I could use the DS3 with the PS3 since my lovable pup decided she needed an expensive chew toy after my wife left it out.
Winter maybe. Black friday, extremely unlikely. It's only been out for 10 days now. I did buy one myself to make sure my game is compatible. I'll come back tomorrow and let you know if it's any good.

Wow so many Foxhacks here who think the sky is falling.

meh, mostly what gets sales is just having your game on the front page so they'll do it. The oh it's 50% off, SUPRISE BITCH now it's 75% is shenanigans. I don't think anyone is going to shit that much of a brick about having their game on sale for 10 days but if they do and refuse to participate with the biggest sale on the largest PC game store it's their loss.

I do think the length will make the sales themselves chintzier on the whole, but they've been trending that way for a while anyhow, gutter trash with cards aside, of course.
The one good thing about it is that there's a higher chance that we'll get better discounts for niche games. Before, the game either had to win the community vote or be selected for a daily/flash sale to have the best potential discount.. this time there's no need for that.

4 Moran bros fisted up Lethal League from the humble monthly.   Turned out to be a really fun game.  after parallax and malkin left,  Spoder kicked my ass for the next 90 minutes or so,  we played until 11 pst. 

Another winner and at least we squeezed 4 hours of entertainment out of the $12 abortion that was the humble monthly

The one good thing about it is that there's a higher chance that we'll get better discounts for niche games. Before, the game either had to win the community vote or be selected for a daily/flash sale to have the best potential discount.. this time there's no need for that.
I would argue there is a second good thing which Mooby alluded to

Yeah Lethal League is great, we did encounter more lag issues with 4 people though. Could use some more modes, ball types, and characters. It's one game where I wouldn't mind buying DLC to unlock more characters or balls. Can never have enough balls.

4 Moran bros fisted up Lethal League from the humble monthly. Turned out to be a really fun game. after parallax and malkin left, Spoder kicked my ass for the next 90 minutes or so, we played until 11 pst.

Another winner and at least we squeezed 4 hours of entertainment out of the $12 abortion that was the humble monthly
I played a little Freestyle2 BB, WWE 2K15, Axis Football, and Mad Max tonight. Mad Max runs so much better now!

Mostly because the ARK server wouldn't let me join tonight. Was really looking forward to som edino fisting.

bread's done
Back