Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
You should keep in mind Fallout 4 is only using a slightly modified Skyrim engine which used a slightly modified FO3 engine which used a slightly modified Oblivion engine... which used.... Most people regard it's graphics to be a step below current generation capability.
In other words it's post apocalyptic Morrowind with a lot of glue and popsicle sticks.

It probably is, but 5 years ago it probably cost as much as that whole Steam machine. I thought we were all supposed to be cheap asses here? ;)
its cheapassgamer not cheapasshardware, even the console people here have to admit they spent more than 300 on the xbox one or ps4 they have. I cheapassed my way to a 1tb xbox one COD edition for around 300 last fall when they came out but felt dirty my using a movers coupon when i wasnt moving and trading in a old broken system but passed it off as a working machine.

Not sure where to post this but my son wants to play steam games and wants a Steam Machine or the alienware Alpha.. Thoughts on either of these would be great. Im not interested in building a pc..Thanks for the help.

its cheapassgamer not cheapasshardware, even the console people here have to admit they spent more than 300 on the xbox one or ps4 they have. I cheapassed my way to a 1tb xbox one COD edition for around 300 last fall when they came out but felt dirty my using a movers coupon when i wasnt moving and trading in a old broken system but passed it off as a working machine.
Um, I spent less than 300 on my PS4.

$273 after tax.

Not sure where to post this but my son wants to play steam games and wants a Steam Machine or the alienware Alpha.. Thoughts on either of these would be great. Im not interested in building a pc..Thanks for the help.
Buy him something like this. You'll both be happier in the long run.

I didn't buy it from Cowboom. I got it from Target, new, and sold the Uncharted code for $35.
had you waited till this friday you could have spent even less! 5% off with redcard at 299 and possibly the 10% wishlist item, not sure if that would work, then sell the code and you would be at what like 240-250 after tax?

edit - battlefront bundle is a way better deal! not a trap at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pay someone to build you a PC. Your son is misguided and doesn't know Steam machines and Alienwares are bad. Find a local computer shop in your area (not a big chain like Best Buy or anything) -- usually it's going to be a small boutique set up with people who do freelance IT work. Tell them you want a system made for your son with:

- 970 graphics card (or 980Ti if you really love him)

- i5 Processor (or i7 if you have the big bucks)

And they'll add the rest. You'll be charged maybe $100-200 over cost on the components as part of their labor. Alienwares use garbage components and come with outsourced crap Dell customer service.

Cost for something like that is probably around $800-900 excluding monitor. If you want to go cheaper then ask for a 950 video card... though it'll be obsolete in about a year.

Looked at some benchmark videos for the Alpha's 'custom GPU' and it's basically console level. 30ish FPS on a 'modern' game like Battlefield 4.

If your son is fine with console level quality and just wants a console that can play PC games then I suppose it's okay.

Also if your son already has a console then you stare him down and say: 'you had me waste $400 on this crappy XB1/PS4 when you could have combined that money to get a true gaming PC!  You only have yourself to blame... now you must suffer with your console FOR ALL ETERNITY (three more years).'

It's the only way they learn, friend.

I mean Microcenter. Fry's is for hipsters. I have never seen anywhere come close to Microcenter's in-store Black Friday deals.
Yeah go look at the deals Micro Center has this year it's a joke compared to Fry's edit: Black Friday Sales

Well I only have Fry's here so I guess I am stuck with the hipster place. I probably won't drag my ass out regardless though I do kind of want a shitty knock off Windows tablet to play my F2P Dragon Breeding game on.

I have a Best Buy around here.

:D/

[customspoiler=Whee] :cry:[/customspoiler]
Got you beat, don't even have a Best Buy. Which is just as well since I've never physically gone shopping on black Friday anyway, even before internet deals. I value wallowing in leftovers and being fat more than black Friday deals. Even with internet shopping I can't remember the last time I bought something on a black Friday sale.

Buck up though pal, don't worry too much on the cheap part of cheapassgamer. Remember to expand ass, too. 'tis the season.

Hot on the heels of the disastrous Payday 2 pay-2-win implementation, Tripwire decides that it's a great time to introduce it's own Zed-conomy to Killing Floor 2. Excellent timing! Comedy ensues.

The good news is that they've said it's all purely cosmetic.

The even better news is that it's more useless free shit for us all to sell in the marketplace.

Seems fine since KF1 had cosmetic character skins.  Was so close to getting the dude who shed 'dosh' but then they announced KF2.

Hot on the heels of the disastrous Payday 2 pay-2-win implementation, Tripwire decides that it's a great time to introduce it's own Zed-conomy to Killing Floor 2. Excellent timing! Comedy ensues.

The good news is that they've said it's all purely cosmetic.

The even better news is that it's more useless free shit for us all to sell in the marketplace.
As long as it's purely cosmetic I could care less if some idiot wants to pay $100 to dress himself up in a shiny gold outfit.

Tried FreeStyle2 today, and agree it's pretty good. So far only level 7 but kind of getting the hang of it, though my defense ranges from awful to make your eyes bleed awful. One thing I've notice so far, playing as a PG, is the dribble drive works really well (mostly as people do an awful job of defending it). Think one game I had like 6-7 assists just dribble driving and kicking out to the SG for threes. Another I probably could have had at least 12-14 points from easy layups, if I'd been smart enough to take them. 

I'm assuming once I get out of rookie level, people might actually stop it a bit, but obviously don't know soo...do people start learning how to defend dribble drive and kickouts? 

Oh the interface though is pretty bad as a new player, was really confused for probably a good hour on what does what, where to get this and that, etc. etc. It'd be my one big complaint so far. 

We bought a new laptop and although it's billed as a "gaming laptop" I wonder what kind of games it will play, at which settings. It's a Dell Inspiron 7559. What should I expect with these specs:

• Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz Quad-Core (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.2 GHz)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
  • 8 GB DDR3L / 256 GB Solid-State Drive
It was a good price, and there was no way we were going to spend $1,000+ on anything more powerful. I'm happy with the purchase. I just want to adjust my expectations before the Steam sale begins.

Thanks!

We bought a new laptop and although it's billed as a "gaming laptop" I wonder what kind of games it will play, at which settings. It's a Dell Inspiron 7559. What should I expect with these specs:

• Intel i5-6300HQ 2.3 GHz Quad-Core (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.2 GHz)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
  • 8 GB DDR3L / 256 GB Solid-State Drive
It was a good price, and there was no way we were going to spend $1,000+ on anything more powerful. I'm happy with the purchase. I just want to adjust my expectations before the Steam sale begins.

Thanks!
A 960M is about on par with a 750ti, which is slightly better than current gen.

Tried FreeStyle2 today, and agree it's pretty good. So far only level 7 but kind of getting the hang of it, though my defense ranges from awful to make your eyes bleed awful. One thing I've notice so far, playing as a PG, is the dribble drive works really well (mostly as people do an awful job of defending it). Think one game I had like 6-7 assists just dribble driving and kicking out to the SG for threes. Another I probably could have had at least 12-14 points from easy layups, if I'd been smart enough to take them.

I'm assuming once I get out of rookie level, people might actually stop it a bit, but obviously don't know soo...do people start learning how to defend dribble drive and kickouts?

Oh the interface though is pretty bad as a new player, was really confused for probably a good hour on what does what, where to get this and that, etc. etc. It'd be my one big complaint so far.
YCAG can probably tell you how things change as you go along. I do know that as Centers level up they block the shit out of you, even from behind, so that layup by your PG might not be an option therefore they might defend the kick out because they concede the drive knowing the big man is going to swat your shit.

And yeah, my biggest complaint is the UI. If we hadn't had YCAG to guide us through we'd still be trying to figure out how to get into a game, level up, etc.

Well, I appear to have like a complete moran used my remaining Playfire credit to buy a thing I already owned.

So if anybody might be interested in a free ToME steam key, PM me.

and 720P..
HEY NOW

some of these console games can even do 900P

1029a91b1f9ac8b57f5c114d8d8a3199.jpg

Wish I had a MicroCenter near me. I live in that part of NY no one knows exists.
Tell Rex Ryan I said "Hi" or do you mean Albany?

I have a Microcenter around here... but its out in Kansas. (Its not really that far... but still, Kansas) Rather cool place to walk around since so much of that stuff we really only see online.

Anyhow, I snapped up my video card. Got a MSI GeForce 970, from newegg for 259.99 (after 30 dollar rebate) guessing, almost expecting, there might be a cheaper card at some point during the week but no travel, no taxes, etc... Its close enough. (actually it was 249.99 as newegg since me a 10 dollar gift card late last week.) (Link for those interested.)

Thanks again for all those who offered suggestions a week or so ago. :)

;
Tried FreeStyle2 today, and agree it's pretty good. So far only level 7 but kind of getting the hang of it, though my defense ranges from awful to make your eyes bleed awful. One thing I've notice so far, playing as a PG, is the dribble drive works really well (mostly as people do an awful job of defending it). Think one game I had like 6-7 assists just dribble driving and kicking out to the SG for threes. Another I probably could have had at least 12-14 points from easy layups, if I'd been smart enough to take them.&

what is ur in game name?
add my steam id if u want to play together, my steam id is: ycag22

also when u say dribble n drive, do u mean the skill fancy drive?

YCAG can probably tell you how things change as you go along.  I do know that as Centers level up they block the shit out of you, even from behind, so that layup by your PG might not be an option therefore they might defend the kick out because they concede the drive knowing the big man is going to swat your shit.

And yeah, my biggest complaint is the UI.  If we hadn't had YCAG to guide us through we'd still be trying to figure out how to get into a game, level up, etc. 
Pg sucks at lower lvl, but once u hit lvl 40+ , pg can totally dominate a game by shooting 3 pointers, and large long range layups that are hard to block, and insane one swipe steals n intercepting the opposing team by playing the passing lane.

also me n weiler has been playing the game almost daily . LOL

weiler is becoming a decent center now, he can block the occassional dunks n layups. and is becoming an above average rebounder

bread's done
Back