Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Is Warhammer Ratkillers good or is the grind so overwhelming it kills the online?

Also Killing Floor 2 is disappointing but for largely the same reasons KF1 was. The midboss enemy handling is pretty much the entirety of skill there is in the game and it's braindead simple: Everyone focus fire on him but nobody fire until everyone else is. But the game offers nothing at all to direct the other players beyond mics and voice chat so... it's a mess on higher levels. Also the grind system raises damage and health so much the difficulties are locked hard to grind.

So I don't know why I am bothering other than insanity, but I keep trying to find shit to buy at Nuuvem that's on sale and I actually want that adds up to 100 banana bucks (about $26) to get a free Magicka 2 (I know, I know).

It seems like every combination I come up with at least one thing is paypal locked and they don't tell you which it is.

You can't try to buy them individually either because you have to spend 100 real in one purchase and the only way to test them individually is try to buy them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Killing Floor 2 is disappointing but for largely the same reasons KF1 was. The midboss enemy handling is pretty much the entirety of skill there is in the game and it's braindead simple: Everyone focus fire on him but nobody fire until everyone else is. But the game offers nothing at all to direct the other players beyond mics and voice chat so... it's a mess on higher levels. Also the grind system raises damage and health so much the difficulties are locked hard to grind.
Yeah, if you didn't like KF1 I can see why you wouldn't like KF2 as it's pretty much the exact same game with a few upgrades.

One really cool thing I like that they do though is that zeds at higher difficulties don't just have more hitpoints, but they're also faster and incorporate some new moves. I wish more games would do stuff like that.

Did you even play Magicka 1?
Actually I did. It was the first Steam game I ever bought so yeah nothing else to play at that point.

Also it was featured in one of the past big sales where they had an event that gave you prizes if you played the game and got achievements. Summer Camp event 2011 I believe.

Well.

I was going to leave all of the excess feedback for IG buyers that I've been neglecting since June, but then I realized that I've sold you guys over 500 bundles between then and now. That's too much work. I'll only do it if everyone I've sold to leaves me positives for being an awesome seller to boost my feedback score above Fox's. Gotta have those rep +1's.

Not sure if this is part of a winter sale or what, but a few notable apps are free right now at amazon, including goat simulator, star wars Kotr, and sonic cd

Yeah, if you didn't like KF1 I can see why you wouldn't like KF2 as it's pretty much the exact same game with a few upgrades.

One really cool thing I like that they do though is that zeds at higher difficulties don't just have more hitpoints, but they're also faster and incorporate some new moves. I wish more games would do stuff like that.
The satisfaction of slamming bullets into those fuck ers is still amazing. KF2 does exactly what KF1 does, for better or worse.

Certainly a fine game to play ON NORMAL with friends and a few strangers.

But I can't enjoy high level play because it requires precision maneuvering in that arbitrary, fiddly aggro vs damage system against the midbosses and there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING in the game that teaches it or supports it or otherwise does anything other than "Oh this guy we can't shoot yet and hopefully the entire team read that same community guide or else all is lost." Not only is high level play not satisfying but it is a secret in a cooperative game.

Not sure if this is part of a winter sale or what, but a few notable apps are free right now at amazon, including goat simulator, star wars Kotr, and sonic cd
Ducktales Remastered too. Punch Quest as well.

It's called Amazon Underground where apps are just given out for free no ads no strings attached and Amazon makes money off... I don't even really know.

Ducktales Remastered too. Punch Quest as well.

It's called Amazon Underground where apps are just given out for free no ads no strings attached and Amazon makes money off... I don't even really know.
I think they make money off the targeted ads that are prevalent in all of the "Actually Free" apps. Amazon Underground apps typically want permission to access your fine and coarse information, including GPS, cell phone ID, and list of contacts. But it varies between them.

Well.

I was going to leave all of the excess feedback for IG buyers that I've been neglecting since June, but then I realized that I've sold you guys over 500 bundles between then and now. That's too much work. I'll only do it if everyone I've sold to leaves me positives for being an awesome seller to boost my feedback score above Fox's. Gotta have those rep +1's.
worst trader ever. more like traitor. amirite?

I think they make money off the targeted ads that are prevalent in all of the "Actually Free" apps. Amazon Underground apps typically want permission to access your fine and coarse information, including GPS, cell phone ID, and list of contacts. But it varies between them.
Yeah, Amazon tracks your app usage and whatnot and, I suppose, sells that data to people who would care.

Amazon took at least one app, Toca Cars, and disabled it for installation so they could replace it with an "Underground" tracking version. When I try to follow my original purchase link, it has a listing on the website but now says it's incompatible with all of my devices. The tracking version is, unsurprisingly, able to run on all my devices. I contacted CS to give them hell about this and got some runaround where the rep said she had to call me and speak to me directly on the phone to explain it. That was obviously nonsense and I guess she just didn't want the conversation logged or something. Anyway, the whole thing left a sour enough taste that I won't be paying any money to Amazon for apps again (I'm still using my Tony era app coins though).

So I wonder if I can slow brother a bunch of really cheap shit from Amazon to keep getting $2 credits.

Maybe I should scour Syntax Errors Bargain Basement Bazaar.
Doesn't look like it. I was curious and started popping things into my cart and it's stopped prompting for "No Rush". And 2 day prime shipping say it'll arrive the 30th.

Ducktales Remastered = 99 cents on Windows 10 Store.

I'd guess since it's sold on W10 store that it doesn't use Steam, of course.

I noticed that Mafia II is available from Play-Asia for $11.  It was made unavailable on Steam about six months back so if you hit some strange time vortex where you really wanted to own it but missed all the times it was super cheap (or free) then I guess now's your chance.

So much for Motoki's plan to buy 200 pencil erasers, one at a time.
Boo. I wanted to see this. Because it just seems even more ridiculous that buying Russian Blue Coins in an attempt to save money. Or watching videos about eating cats to trade in for picked-over bundle games.

Whats the deal with Endless Legend? I hear its pretty good so i was thinking of picking it up. Sale price isn't that hot, but whats more confusing to me is all the different versions. WTF is the 'emperor edition' upgrade? The page says nothing about it. Theres also like 5 other versions of it which im assuming are expansions? Guardians, Lost Tales, Shadows, Echoes of Auriga, Forges of Creation.. ect. 

Is there going to be a GOTY version i should just wait for or something? Thats a LOT of expansions if thats what all those things are

So I don't know why I am bothering other than insanity, but I keep trying to find shit to buy at Nuuvem that's on sale and I actually want that adds up to 100 banana bucks (about $26) to get a free Magicka 2 (I know, I know).

It seems like every combination I come up with at least one thing is paypal locked and they don't tell you which it is.

You can't try to buy them individually either because you have to spend 100 real in one purchase and the only way to test them individually is try to buy them.
just pre order Xcom 2, grab ur copy of Magicka 2 and be done with this insanity

Whats the deal with Endless Legend? I hear its pretty good so i was thinking of picking it up. Sale price isn't that hot, but whats more confusing to me is all the different versions. WTF is the 'emperor edition' upgrade? The page says nothing about it. Theres also like 5 other versions of it which im assuming are expansions? Guardians, Lost Tales, Shadows, Echoes of Auriga, Forges of Creation.. ect.

Is there going to be a GOTY version i should just wait for or something? Thats a LOT of expansions if thats what all those things are
I'm told it's excellent but I haven't had the urge to touch it. Just haven't had that 4X urge sadly. But I did play some on a free weekend and it was really, really fun. Much better than the disappointment of the new Civ for example.

Emperor edition gives an extra faction and unit or two I think. Not essential. I bought it as it gives content for another of their games (Dungeon of the Endless - which I LOVE).

Two of the DLC aren't necessary (Echoes is just extra music, takes is just extra quests but there's already plenty in-game). The other two add Espionage and erm, Guardians? I don't have any but I won't be buying until I've plays plenty of the base game.

It's a really refreshing take on fantasy 4X with plenty of "why didn't they think of this sooner?" upgrades. It also looks brilliant. I just keep putting it off as playtime is limited at present so I'd rather Fulton some more sheep in MGS:V.

Recommendation - buy the base game. Sleep on the DLC. There's plenty of content in the base game (it was Rock, Paper, Shotgun's GOTY of 2014).

And buy Dungeon of the Endless because it's ace.

:grouphug:

Doesn't look like it. I was curious and started popping things into my cart and it's stopped prompting for "No Rush". And 2 day prime shipping say it'll arrive the 30th.
Hmmm, strange. It was promoting no rush for most of the year and I assumed the $2 was a way for them to lessen their Christmas shipping demands, but that they would still offer something after Christmas.

But I can't enjoy high level play because it requires precision maneuvering in that arbitrary, fiddly aggro vs damage system against the midbosses and there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING in the game that teaches it or supports it or otherwise does anything other than "Oh this guy we can't shoot yet and hopefully the entire team read that same community guide or else all is lost." Not only is high level play not satisfying but it is a secret in a cooperative game.
Which is exactly how KF1 was. Don't play with PUGs. Problem solved.

Why isn't everyone playing Ark?
gabe-kaplan-thn_thumb.jpg

AshotP is on alert. Auto ban on Putingate after 30 min of Russian travel and smuggling activity.. so make sure you grab ur key as soon as ur order is cleared
Are you sure its a ban though? A friend had that happen to him like a month ago, turns out it was because they thought his acc got hacked by crafty russians.

Hmmm, strange. It was promoting no rush for most of the year and I assumed the $2 was a way for them to lessen their Christmas shipping demands, but that they would still offer something after Christmas.
Yeah normally the rest of the year no rush has either been a $1 digital credit or $6 prime pantry credit. It only started being $2 around the holidays.

Recommendation - buy the base game. Sleep on the DLC. There's plenty of content in the base game (it was Rock, Paper, Shotgun's GOTY of 2014).

And buy Dungeon of the Endless because it's ace.

:grouphug:
I'm trying to decide between those two games. I like rogue-likes... But I love 4X games. But... But... I'm already playing fallen enchantress. And Dungeon of the endless is cheaper... But Endless Legend is so beautiful...

just pre order Xcom 2, grab ur copy of Magicka 2 and be done with this insanity
Oh, man, this is tempting. I was looking around and people were saying it's not worth it to preorder from Nuuvem since publishers might add region-locks to games on release. Never ordered from Nuuvem before. Probably won't risk it, but Xcom 2 is one of the only games out there that I really really want.

So it being Christmas Eve and all I just witnessed a miracle in the TheHangOut chat room. Tom posted a pic of raptor claus and Brut was saying how everyone was chasing him last night in ARK. So I told them I need to break my rule of not buying Early Access games like ARK. Then it happened kiddies they both started to convince me that it is the exception to the rule. If you don't get the magnitude of this then you don't know Brut and Tom they are on opposite sides of the spectrum for everything but they could agree on ARK. That is when I decided I need this game in my life. SeasonalCAG Greetings.

So it being Christmas Eve and all I just witnessed a miracle in the TheHangOut chat room. Tom posted a pic of raptor claus and Brut was saying how everyone was chasing him last night in ARK. So I told them I need to break my rule of not buying Early Access games like ARK. Then it happened kiddies they both started to convince me that it is the exception to the rule. If you don't get the magnitude of this then you don't know Brut and Tom they are on opposite sides of the spectrum for everything but they could agree on ARK. That is when I decided I need this game in my life. SeasonalCAG Greetings.
I'm just glad that you bought it. One of us.

These other morans will not get it until 3 years from now in Humble Bundle Monthly when ARK 2 will be out.

I'm trying to decide between those two games. I like rogue-likes... But I love 4X games. But... But... I'm already playing fallen enchantress. And Dungeon of the endless is cheaper... But Endless Legend is so beautiful...
Or just find an old copy of Master of Magic to tide you over all these newer ones that tried to emulate it but ultimately failed in their own ways.

Endless Legend is definitely worth the $10 if you enjoy 4X games. Not only does it look nice, EL has a surprising amount of variety in the differences between the individual races you can choose. You're not going to get 27 different ones like in a Civ game, but each one is absolutely distinct from the others. There is a noticeable emphasis on eXploitation and eXpansion and the game populates your world with a wide variety of cute and horrifying neighbors you can assimilate into your society.

There is an all-in-one DLC pack you can buy for about $8 right now, but you probably don't need it yet. The base game is surprisingly deep and I never felt like I was being limited by not owning the two gameplay expansions (Guardians which adds huge elemental units, and Shadows which adds espionage). Pretty decent chance there will be more DLC coming later anyway.

I absolutely love it. The world it plops you into is stunning, yet unique enough to differentiate itself from the other 4Xses. As a bonus, EL fleshes out some of the Endless lore you probably ignored while playing idling Endless Space.

Caveat: It is a 4X. You'll want to spend 20+ hours on a match, and then feel horribly guilty when you don't (source: I have only played 15 hours and hate the scroll of shame every time I see it in my library).

bread's done
Back