Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
WinGamesStore has XCOM Enemy Within for $5.99 (ITAD Historical low price)

http://www.wingamestore.com/product/3861/XCOM-Enemy-Within/

Edit: This is only a deal if you have the base game already.
If someone got XCOM: EU base in the Golden Joysticks freebie a few years back - wow, an insanely good deal. You'd basically have paid $6 to get both XCOM EU + EW altogether.

Is there a 5% or 10% off code? WinGameStore + MacGameStore often has those.

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone got XCOM: EU base in the Golden Joysticks freebie a few years back - wow, an insanely good deal. You'd basically have paid $6 to get both XCOM EU + EW altogether.

I tried pcgames5off and it said I had already used that code. Might work for others though. macgames5off didn't work, although I didn't check the other storefront.

There's 5% code pcgames5off or something like that

Complete pack is like 6€ every sale on steam and comes with two other dlc's too :p

I tried pcgames5off and it said I had already used that code. Might work for others though. macgames5off didn't work, although I didn't check the other storefront.
BARGAINMOOSE works even if you used it before but you have to buy at least two items to use it and it's only 5%.

I'm tempted by Enemy Within though I can't stand the thought of paying real money for it when I have Amazon/gabenbucks.

I got vanilla from golden joysticks and still haven't played it, so I don't know why I'm tempted by the expansion... hell, I was tempted to fakeybro the sequel.  I have problems.

I'm tempted by Enemy Within though I can't stand the thought of paying real money for it when I have Amazon/gabenbucks.

I got vanilla from golden joysticks and still haven't played it, so I don't know why I'm tempted by the expansion... hell, I was tempted to fakeybro the sequel. I have problems.
Does Amazon match WinGameStore?

Maybe use the "tell a lower price" thing and hopefully Amazon'll PM it. Though, I ain't had much hope w/ Amazon DVG side, since Tony left and since Amazon + CAG both got Josh'd.

Also keep in mind - free shipping is now $49 minimum for purchase totals on Amazon for Non-Prime members:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2016/02/23/amazon-increases-free-shipping-minimum-from-35-to-49/#7890cdc96ca2
$49 minimum is ridiculous... I know their website is atrocious and I laugh my ass off at their commercials regarding it but that minimum price is opening the door for Wal-Mart (and others) when Amazon should just be happy to having a near monopoly (overstatement but their market share is ridiculous) on internet sales instead of pushing Amazon Prime.

(Note: I have prime, I love prime, etc.)

Is it a bad idea to buy things from g2a? Theres some good prices like shadow of mordor for under $5.

My 500GB XB1 + 17" Lenovo laptop + $50 Best Buy gift card combo for $305 says "preparing for shipment" on it. Hopefully I can Bobby them on local Facebook swap and sell pages so I can take my gf out somewhere nice. Maybe to a broadway show.
I'll trade you limited edition copies of Bad Rats, Gun Monkeys, The Ship, and Frozen Synapse Prime for it, that's like $1000 dollars worth of quality merch!

$49 minimum is ridiculous... I know their website is atrocious and I laugh my ass off at their commercials regarding it but that minimum price is opening the door for Wal-Mart (and others) when Amazon should just be happy to having a near monopoly (overstatement but their market share is ridiculous) on internet sales instead of pushing Amazon Prime.

(Note: I have prime, I love prime, etc.)
It is ridiculous, but I think they did that to hope that people just go ahead and join Prime. I don't buy enough physical items from Amazon anymore, so Prime ain't even worth my time.

Is it a bad idea to buy things from g2a? Theres some good prices like shadow of mordor for under $5.
As its been stated a bunch of times, its gray market. Many of us have bought from G2A. Its never known where the keys are coming from and theres always a risk of losing something.

From my own experience, I've never lost a game or had a problem with G2A, but I also know that the publisher/developer doesnt get a dime from the purchase. I try to avoid using them (especially G2A) but I will buy things on occasion depending on the deal and how badly I am wanting it.

If its something you absolutely want and plan to jump in immediately, my attitude is go for it if the price can't be beat. If its something you plan on backlogging, just wait as it will go cheap from a 100% legitimate source at some point. Something like Shadow of Mordor is regularly discounted all over the place and as it gets older it gets even more likely for the base game to even hit a Humble Bundle. The upgrade to GOTY has been as cheap as $3.39 on Steam.

I asked earlier too, seems to be fine, just go with a reputable seller, and doesn't hurt to have the $1 protection in case you were to ever lose a game down the road.

GMG has Shadow of Mordor GotY for 9 after discount code. If you're looking at a base copy on g2a, have plans for the upgrade, and are considering insurance... GMG is a safer choice for the same price.

I asked earlier too, seems to be fine, just go with a reputable seller, and doesn't hurt to have the $1 protection in case you were to ever lose a game down the road.
Uh that was the usual PC CAG sass.

What Archbishop said is more accurate. And don't waste your money on the protection. :roll:

And don't waste your money on the protection. :roll:
Yep, agreed with this. The protection is scammy horseshit. If you're prepared to buy on G2A don't waste the extra buck or whatever it is for it. In most cases you will not lose anything. Of course its a possibility, but its slim and said "protection" is not worth the buck.

CARDS BRAUH!

Free nickel!

And I'd rather manually unfollow so they don't get a +1 on their follower count with a fake twitter.
yea, I noticed myself after I looked in the forum

I deleted the tweet and unfollowed as soon as I got the key. If I cared about Youtube subscriptions Id remove that but cant be bothered going into Youtube profile.

I bought H-pop for $3 this morning. The shield thing is actually a monthly service where they charge about $1.11 a month for protection. Also they charged a purchase fee of a few cents.

No, not yet. :p

Edit: ugh it got 400 more reviews since I last checked last night and still at 98% positive. Not really helping my willpower.

No, not yet. :p

Edit: ugh it got 400 more reviews since I last checked last night and still at 98% positive. Not really helping my willpower.
Someone in the hangout last night was digging it. Said it compared pretty favorably to Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons and sounded like Rune Factory.

so either you use card money or you prefer to overpay?

Lego Batman 3 on nuuvem for 2.50. I had no issues purchasing.
in fairness buying on steam isn't really an "overpay," so much as it is just failing to utilize essentially illegitimate market fronts. using vpns to buy on putingate or nuuvem or g2a or following madjokibot for glitches aren't really comparable to using steam

I've heard that it's the best game since Life is Strange. :whistle2:
Thanks for reminding me I bought that on Amazon.

Just finished the first episode of TWD Michonne and it was great. I'm pretty much playing a badass/asshole and it seems I'm in the minority based on the stats Telltale showed me at the end of the game. Still, I feel I'm staying true to Michonne pre-when she meets Rick and the gang which is when this is supposed to have taken place. Pretty short though. First ep shows I played 1.6 hours despite replaying maybe 10-15 minutes of it over due to a glitch.

Need to go play TWD2 since I have yet too and Life is Strange too.

I've heard that it's the best game since Life is Strange. :whistle2:
DHP6gnV.gif

bread's done
Back