Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
But, yeah - the bang-for-buck / pricing and 8GB of VRAM is sick on the 1070. I certainly didn't expect that kind of improvements in one generation of cards; especially at that kind of pricing.
yea they're def changing the game. I think they said R&D was 2 billion to create it(largest of any type of processor).

I just don't see how amd is gonna come close on the performance or the price point.

I feel like the only dude who doesn't have a SSD here, hehe.

Most of my hard drives are 7200RPM Western Digital Black.
You're MysterD. We'd be surprised if you did own an SSD. You probably just finally upgraded to those new fangled 3 1/2" floppies from 5 1/4".

Well I just inherited a Steam controller from someone who thinks it's shit and after some testing I have also come to the conclusion that it is shit. I would explain why I say this but it would fill the page as a wall of text and I don't have time to type it all out and I feel no one should waste the time reading it. Long and short of it is controller games I will play with a 360/PS4 controller and mouse/keyboard games I will play with a mouse/keyboard. If I feel the need to play a mouse/keyboard game with a controller then there is always xpadder.

You're MysterD.

We'd be surprised if you did own an SSD.

You probably just finally upgraded to those new fangled 3 1/2" floppies from 5 1/4".
200_s.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
So you have more get out of jail free cards the next time you have a meltdown. Got it.
I thought you didn't like drama and yet every time you see an opportunity...

f4ff4defe40bdb17c4930c4f297d4e0b.jpg

Last edited:
Anyhoo, in less 'sibling' hair tossing news, you probably already have it because it's been bundled like 20 times and you probably don't subscribe to the Kalypso newsletter since there's like 6 people in the world that do, but free +1 for you 13th alt.

YRgMRhp.png

You can try to sign up now for the newsletter but not sure if you will still get it. If not, it will be a terrible loss, I know.

I don't own a SSD either. Seems like a straight luxury thing to me and any time I have computer money in the budget, there's always something more deserving of an upgrade.

I don't own a SSD either. Seems like a straight luxury thing to me and any time I have computer money in the budget, there's always something more deserving of an upgrade.
I'm the same way. I think it's like a big garage or a sprinkling system, if you've never had one you don't want to pay extra to put one in but if you've had one before you just can't live without it.

It's not a sexy upgrade, to be sure. But you'll start to look at your old HDD the way you looked at your floppy disk drive when you installed your first CD-ROM.

I wouldn't build myself a new PC without a SSD, Everything is just so snappy. :D/

The 4GB GTX 960 SC been doing a pretty good job (way better than expected) for 1080p with 30FPS/60FPS (depends per game) at High-to-Ultra in most games, so I can't complain about that. It's done its job just fine - certainly was a major jump from the aging 1GB 560 Ti, at that time.

But, yeah - the bang-for-buck / pricing and 8GB of VRAM is sick on the 1070. I certainly didn't expect that kind of improvements in one generation of cards; especially at that kind of pricing.

I'm still interested in a 1070, if I can catch a hell of a glitch price that gets honored - a la Microcenter's killer honored price glitch on the 970 last year that I missed-out on. ;)

Usually takes me a few card generations to pass by before I buy another card - i.e. when the card I have just isn't cutting it for what I really want to play for most new / recent games.
Why not just wait for the rx 480 8 gb model? Probably will be around $230-250, I'm sure AMD is gonna have that version out by august or september the latest.

AMD product announcements...
1501342032642292144.jpg

...then when released.
pretty much sums it up.

I was their customer for the past decade. Ya, AMD cpu and ATI gpu all the way. Last one was the 4970x. Until I couldn't deal with the buggy driver and B.S. support anymore. They f***ed up both oldies and new release with their stupid buggy driver. so I switched camp to NVIDIA.

I understand that there are ppl who didn't have problem with ATI and more power to them.

No compatibility issue so far with my 970GTX and I am very happy with my purchase.

At this point AMD exists pretty much to keep Nvidia from completely sitting on their ass and not improving much because monopoly. and so certain people can find shady ass ways to get free games from them

Yep, I love people who buy AMD.

Without them we would be salivating for a top of the line GTX970 that they would happily charge $800 for.

Why not just wait for the rx 480 8 gb model? Probably will be around $230-250, I'm sure AMD is gonna have that version out by august or september the latest.
B/c...I'm an Nvidia guy.

I already have a 4GB 960 and have High to Ultra in most games at 1080p and still have a 1080p monitor. So, I ain't looking to upgrade that soon especially since I upgraded last year - unless I can get a crazy deal on a GTX 1070 or 1080.

I'd certainly be very curious if NVidia decided to announce a GTX 1060.

EDIT:

I was their customer for the past decade. Ya, AMD cpu and ATI gpu all the way. Last one was the 4970x. Until I couldn't deal with the buggy driver and B.S. support anymore. They f***ed up both oldies and new release with their stupid buggy driver. so I switched camp to NVIDIA.

I understand that there are ppl who didn't have problem with ATI and more power to them.

No compatibility issue so far with my 970GTX and I am very happy with my purchase.
Yeah, I've always wondered about ATI's drivers; I've certainly heard both sides of the coin, where some people have had issues w/ their drivers, other haven't.

I've never had issues w/ NVidia drivers in my lifetime. I'm used to NVidia.

FIFA is the only soccer game worth a damn.
Pretty much, FM is fine when they don't screw up the match engine (so, almost never). Plus FM is slowly working towards being even more niche then it already was with the layers upon layers of crap they keep adding to make it "more realistic."

There is also that new soccer management game that gets pretty good reviews *shrugs*, and Soccer Stars (I think? The turn-based soccer game).

Here's the thing too about drivers. If you are playing the latest games as soon as they come out you will probably run into more driver issues with AMD cards simply because they seem to take longer to release updates for those types of issues.

We played Dead by Daylight tonight and it was fun. Plan to redo it on Thursday before the beta ends. A certain someone I shall not name because he is sensitive about it really sucked as the killer so he might want to practice before Thursday.

We played Dead by Daylight tonight and it was fun. Plan to redo it on Thursday before the beta ends. A certain someone I shall not name because he is sensitive about it really sucked as the killer so he might want to practice before Thursday.
It was quite a bit of fun, you guys should join in next time. Just keep the following in mind:

Never forget your lunch. Even if you're about to die, you still need to eat.

IVZUCr3.jpg

And watch out for Fox; he has the crazy eyes. (And a pretty sweet 'stache.)

rx4CoYY.jpg

At exactly 1199 games on Steam. I wonder what bundle/gleam fodder will be the 1200th game.
Does it matter? They'll just yank it and you'll be right back down to 1199 again.

Here's the thing too about drivers. If you are playing the latest games as soon as they come out you will probably run into more driver issues with AMD cards simply because they seem to take longer to release updates for those types of issues.

I heard his name rhymed with Mint Ax Terror.

Yeah, we switched some events around so Sniper Elite 3 is wednesday, and Dead by Daylight is thursday. Make sure to install Sniper Elite 3 in advance, it's around 25 gb. We had almost 2 full lobbies for Dead by Daylight at one point.

I heard his name rhymed with Mint Ax Terror.
Actually Syntax was very good as the killer, Fox meant someone else lol

If I played multiplayer games I wouldn't be closeted about my sucktuality, I'd be flamingly open.

Unless it's a Hidden Object game and then no need cuz I r0xxorz dem HOGs!!111

Just remember however good/bad it looks in the trailer, it will be at least 30% lower quality when it actually comes out. 

Not sad, but I'm proud of all of you for finally managing to (involuntarily) -1
I voluntarily -1ed before. It was after a period of searching through all my added bundle games and finding that some of them were the wrong kind of dating sim. I'm a guy so I don't want to experience dating guys. Some look like they have leesbian options so I'm cool with those at least until I get around to playing and get proved wrong.

><; oh man you really need to get your OS on a SSD.
That and some games anymore just really want on.

I can tell who on my group has an SSD when playing the Division. Marvel Heroes runs well with a junk video card as long as you have an SSD.

And with an SSD sleep mode and just turning off your PC is about the same thing.

bread's done
Back