Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
mvy9eRP.png

O20qDiF.jpg

You guys are making me use the Nick Cage meme twice in less than 24 hours.
Why not use it again?

We repetitively use memes, GIFs, punchlines, jokes, VRAM, DRM, and so on.

[shrug]

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you actually add BF4 during (Free) Game-Time? Sometimes EA puts that game (and others) on their Free "X amount of hours or day" Game-Time Campaign (they've done it w/ SW: Battlefront by DICE, Titanfall, BF4 + Sims 4). You really should add them, when they do - b/c they are Free Trials are for the full entire base-game normally for a certain amount of days when you decide to first launch the trial (which is so totally up to you when you do it - I still have free Game-Time trials for SW: BF and Sims 4 sitting in my Origin account, from when they first added them).

https://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=battlefieldhardline
I did use the trial in the past, but wasted my game trial time by letting other people play it during their visit.

I've always enjoyed the Battlefield series enough to spend $20 on it.

I cannot think of anything I would want during the Steam Summer sale that is coming up.

There's no practical way around the Nuuvem Paypal locks so you'd have to find a Brazilian/S. American to help you out.
It might not be PayPal locked but I'm not sure if there's a way to check without trying. I just picked up Jotun for ~$4 using a VPN and US PayPal from there if anybody had their eye on it.

THE SAGA CONTINUES

So I installed WinAuth, tried entering the phone that I got on Steam... and it won't let me. It says that it's an insecure VOIP number.

This is an actual granny fliptop cell phone that CAN receive texts (it's received text messages from friends who have actual messaging apps), and it's refusing to let me add the number. It says it's insecure, and apparently you can get your ass VAC Banned for using these numbers.

fuck this. I'm done with Valve's bullshit.

What we really need to do is to get Cheapy to add authentication to CAG so we can weed out some of you lot. It'd be so much more pleasant I here.

Also, for people keeping score, no I am not in France throwing chairs at people. Although it seems like every fucker else is.

That's what you get for buying old ass 1990s phones in Mexico. You better head to Civilization before the Great Wall of Trump goes up.

Got about almost 2 hours so far into the Single Player Campaign for Battlefield: Hardline (PC).

Anyone expecting + wanting BF typical gameplay on the SP Campaign, this game is not for you. This game is not a military war-zone & not about horrible storytelling + dialogue. Matter of fact, this game's so far the complete opposite of all of that.

This game feels like a modern day reboot of Miami Vice TV show in the modern setting - drugs; gangs; cocaine; dirty cops; and legit cops trying to stop the madness & clean the mess up. Exiting and booting-out of the game actually gives you a "On the Next Episode of BF: Hardline" clips, to make you interested in what the next episode will be about - like a TV series would do when an episode ends.

Keeping the BF experience/leveling-system + unlock system from BF4's and doing different stuff with it here, BF: Hardline tries to do a bit more. You get more points for non-lethal stuff. Scan areas to find enemies & use the scanner to find evidence - and you can rack up some more experience points. Arrest someone important, rack up even more experience.

BF: Hardline does have a lot of urban warfare in shootouts & stealth gameplay. Most of the time, you'll want to move slowly into areas, for numerous reasons.  You will want to sneak up on enemies, take them down, and/or sneak-up, flash your badge, keep your gun moving on the suspects (you can have 3 at once in flash your badge mode), and then take them down. You get the most points for taking enemies down non-lethally, arresting them and all (instead of killing them). 

But, don't worry - you'll get into shootouts and can kill enemies. There's still plenty of action and gunplay. Just, there's more to it now than just guns blazing at all times. 

Must play more.

Got about an hour or so so far into the Single Player Campaign for Battlefield: Hardline (PC).

Anyone expecting + wanting BF typical gameplay on the SP Campaign, this game is not for you. This game is not a military war-zone & not about horrible storytelling + dialogue. Matter of fact, this game's so far the complete opposite of all of that that.

This game feels like a modern day reboot of Miami Vice TV show in the modern setting - drugs; gangs; cocaine; dirty cops; and legit cops trying to stop the madness & clean the mess up. Exiting and booting-out of the game actually gives you a "On the Next Episode of BF: Hardline" clips, to make you interested in what the next episode will be about - like a TV series would do when an episode ends.

Keeping the BF experience/leveling-system + unlock system from BF4's and doing different stuff with it here, BF: Hardline tries to do a bit more. You get more points for non-lethal stuff. Scan areas to find enemies, evidence and rack up some points. Arrest someone important, rack up more experience.

BF: Hardline does have a lot of urban warfare in shootouts & stealth gameplay. Most of the time, you'll want to move slowly into areas, for numerous reasons. You will want to sneak up on enemies, take them down, and/or sneak-up, flash your badge, keep your gun moving on the suspects (you can have 3 at once in flash your badge mode, and then take them down. You get the most points for taking enemies down non-lethally, arresting them and all (instead of killing them).

But, don't worry - you'll get into shootouts. There's still plenty of action and gunplay. Just, there's more to it now than just guns blazing at all times.

Must play more.
it basically plays and handles like a wii game.

I can't believe visceral actually made this pos.

I didn't care for hardline beta too much, I might pick it up just to play since it's on sale.

I hate to grab two battlefield games for $25 with a new one coming out.

It might not be PayPal locked but I'm not sure if there's a way to check without trying. I just picked up Jotun for ~$4 using a VPN and US PayPal from there if anybody had their eye on it.
So for someone who hasn't been to Brazil in a while and is willing to risk a little zika to try it, what is the proper procedure? VPN, then add to cart, go to paypal screen, log out of vpn, sign in to paypal and check out?

So for someone who hasn't been to Brazil in a while and is willing to risk a little zika to try it, what is the proper procedure? VPN, then add to cart, go to paypal screen, log out of vpn, sign in to paypal and check out?
That should be fine, I think. Make sure you clear all of your cookies beforehand.

That should be fine, I think. Make sure you clear all of your cookies beforehand.
Hmmm, didn't seem to work for me. I did incognito window and Brazil VPN. Added game to cart, logged into Nuuvem, went to paypal. At paypal screen I logged out of VPN and signed into Paypal and then said the purchase was cancelled due to item in my cart not being available. Does this mean it has a paypal lock too?

Edit:

Looks like it is paypal locked as well. Oh well, if any samba de amigos could help a fox out, I would appreciate it.

I didn't care for hardline beta too much, I might pick it up just to play since it's on sale.

I hate to grab two battlefield games for $25 with a new one coming out.
I haven't touched the BF: Hardline MP, so can't speak on that yet.

Right now, just working on the SP Campaign.

EA probably should really drop the Battlefield tag on this and just go with the Hardline as the main title - yeah, that's if they actually want Visceral or someone to do a sequel to this - since ithis really does feel like a spin-off and its own thing.

EDIT:

Just saw the Battlefield 1 presentation on GameSpot from EA's E3 Conference. Looks awesome.

I haven't touched the BF: Hardline MP, so can't speak on that yet.

Right now, just working on the SP Campaign.

EA probably should really drop the Battlefield tag on this and just go with the Hardline as the main title - yeah, that's if they actually want Visceral or someone to do a sequel to this - since ithis really does feel like a spin-off and its own thing.

EDIT:

Just saw the Battlefield 1 presentation on GameSpot from EA's E3 Conference. Looks awesome.
The battlefield 1 gameplay just made me buy Battlefield 4.

I'm going to buy Hardline tonight since the SP looks solid

its really a shame hardline got such a bad rap, the beta was horrid though. The group i play with was originally mainly bf players and no one wanted anything to do with hardline, the beta was so twitchy and spastic. No strategy just a semi-large map 'conquest' but no real teamplay value, basically just a cod.  I bought it in mexico a few months ago though and since its had time to mature the MP is actually really fun. The big problem now is that there is absolutely no player base. There were maybe 2 or 3 heavily populated servers when I hopped on compared to the 50+ of bf4 in its heyday.

The stuff they intro'd with the hacker and new gameplay elements are really nice. Course now it doesnt matter much since we are all getting bf1 anyway

Hardline is part of EA Access so for the same $5 you could finish the SP for it, Dragon Age I, BF4, and play FIFA 16 and Sim City for a month.
Do you know where you are? What are the chances anyone will "finish" any of those in a month let alone all of them? A +1 is forever!

Do you know where you are? What are the chances anyone will "finish" any of those in a month let alone all of them? A +1 is forever!
Yeah, I know the reality of CAG. We're hoarders who don't play games. MysterD plays AAA games but wants to make sure he can back up the game to obsolete DVDs. Just trying to come from a common sense POV. I apologize for my transgressions.

have broken age steam key

goes to the first person that I like to quote this

people I don't like are automatically disqualified

by accepting this key, you are legally bound to the sunasun dvg enterprises tos 

burger out

FPS of the year; ousting Overwatch guaranteed o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2333813129&feature=iv&src_vid=HwbutTQ8Yow&v=2ISYN1AshZY

burger out
LOL Never mind looked it up

Yeah, I know the reality of CAG. We're hoarders who don't play games. MysterD plays AAA games but wants to make sure he can back up the game to obsolete DVDs. Just trying to come from a common sense POV. I apologize for my transgressions.
If they will fit on 1 or 2 DVD's, sure.

But, honestly - so many games are so damn big these days, I just back 'em up on my external HDD's if I move them off the internals; or else they'd wind-up on ridiculous amounts of DVD's.

Not really interested in games winding up on 3 DVD's or more....

[shrug]

FPS of the year; ousting Overwatch guaranteed o_O

{MP Campaign Trailer}

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2333813129&feature=iv&src_vid=HwbutTQ8Yow&v=2ISYN1AshZY
SP Campaign Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRouY7XEL7M

Makes no damn sense that they're releasing Battlefield a week before Titanfall 2. Even though they play different enough, it's still going to cannibalize sales.

burger out
You can come to my house and punch me in the face if you want. I talk to tebow on a daily basis so it's not like you can damage my brain any more than it is.

Makes no damn sense that they're releasing Battlefield a week before Titanfall 2. Even though they play different enough, it's still going to cannibalize sales.
Eh these sorts of AAA overhyped shitshow dudebro games are always flavor of the week until the next one comes out anyway.

Eh these sorts of AAA overhyped shitshow dudebro games are always flavor of the week until the next one comes out anyway.
This is so true that even fakeydudebros that visit CAG are flavors of the week until the next one appears. Snakeybro left, YBXLOLCANO joined, then he gets banned and Gedemer fills the AAAmazing titlez gap. I wonder who will turn to preorder "adult cuz FPS, day one Xbox Elite controller" tomfoolery next?

will all this hype building up It might actually cast a shadow on everyone's beloved Overwatch :whistle2:
It's a Blizzard game. I've generally decided they're more worth paying attention to probably a year or so after the launch, after they've got their first expansion pack and a whole bunch of people have run through them and had all the headaches.

Hearthstone was better after they added Tavern Brawl, Adventures and format restrictions.
Diablo 3 was better after it got it's expansion, the auction house was thrown far, far away, and seasons were added.

Until then, I'll slog through my +1s and actually try to play some of this crap I've already bought. (or got free. Whatever.)

bread's done
Back