Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Who is Tom Ym?
cock-brand-tom-yum-pasta-900g-227.jpg

In BBY Fallout news, if you say on the box that it requires internet for activation and you initiate a 24 GB download as part of installation, what is the point of even including a disk at all?  Seems like a waste of money.

In BBY Fallout news, if you say on the box that it requires internet for activation and you initiate a 24 GB download as part of installation, what is the point of even including a disk at all? Seems like a waste of money.
Battlefield for PC didn't even come with a disc. Just a clear plastic case and a little legal pamphlet.

Direct2Drive has the Dead island definitive and Riptide definitive for 5$ a piece, are they any good? Worth the 10 for the 2? Im pretty tempted since I never owned the old ones to get in on the 85% off.

Edit: Looks like lowest prices so far  with ITAD. So ill probably grab them or just riptide. This is for anyone else who cares. Also sorry for posting a possible deal I dont wanna clutter the thread.

Dead Island Riptide Definitive 5$

Dead Island Definitive 5$

Last edited by a moderator:
Direct2Drive has the Dead island definitive and Riptide definitive for 5$ a piece, are they any good? Worth the 10 for the 2? Im pretty tempted since I never owned the old ones.

Edit: Looks like lowest prices so far with ITAD. So ill probably grab them or just riptide. This is for anyone else who cares.Also sorry for posting a possible deal I dont wanna clutter the thread.

For those who never owned DI stuff - that's not bad. For those who owned the DI stuff, we could've gotten those two Definitive Editions at $3 each before June 20th via Steam.

I have played fully through Dead Island [original] + DI: Riptide [original]. If you want a first-person game that's mostly melee-based & you smash zombies in cool paradise-resort of an open-world, you can't really do too much better than the DI games. It's basically an inverted Borderlands: a ARPG stuck in first-person, but where you kill zombies and use melee weapons. Though, you'll constantly be breaking weapons; upgrading weapons; and taking on fetch quests (kill X enemies, go to X area, find X things, etc).

Riptide is more of the same - but if you like or love Dead Island [base-game], that shouldn't be too much of a problem. It also has the new defense mission type here - which the series really did need something of that sort, to add variety to the questing/missions types. Plus, you can also take your DI character + import it right into Riptide. Though, Banoi resort in DI is much more interesting than what Riptide's game-world had going on.

Don't expect a spectacular story, character development, or anything of that sort. This game series ain't focused on that.

The only part of DI that focuses very strongly on story is Ryder White DLC & you can't even level Ryder up in that episode. It's all straight-up action + story, mostly. Fill in a lot of the blanks and odd questions you might've had about the original DI, in which some things felt pulled-out of its butt, left untold/unexplained, or whatever else you can think of. When Techland actually tries (i.e. see Ryder White DLC + Call of Juarez original game), they can tell a story - but, I think for DI series, for the most part, they just decided for the most part not to try much + just stick to mostly gameplay.

I ain't done much w/ the DI Definitive + Riptide Definitive remasters - but, DI Definitive flat-out looks much better than the older editions. No comparison. There's some new graphical bells + whistles stuffed in those, which weren't in the original editions & some better textures are being used here.

At the rate the sales are going, in 5 years 5% off will be the new 7% off.
5 years from now you'll have to log in via your smartphone, then submit your facial scan and fingerprints to get your 20% off a shitty asset flip. Be better then selling cards though, where you'll also have to send a DNA sample because people were giving away their facial scans and fingerprints to scammers so we need more protect to protect morons.

For those who never owned DI stuff - that's not bad. For those who owned the DI stuff, we could've gotten those two Definitive Editions at $3 each before June 20th via Steam.

I have played fully through Dead Island [original] + DI: Riptide [original]. If you want a first-person game that's mostly melee-based & you smash zombies in cool paradise-resort of an open-world, you can't really do too much better than the DI games. It's basically an inverted Borderlands: a ARPG stuck in first-person, but where you kill zombies and use melee weapons. Though, you'll constantly be breaking weapons; upgrading weapons; and taking on fetch quests (kill X enemies, go to X area, find X things, etc).

Riptide is more of the same - but if you like Dead Island [base], that shouldn't be a problem. It also has the new defense mission type here - which the series really did need something of that sort. Plus, you can also take your DI character + import it right into Riptide.

Don't expect a spectacular story, character development, or anything of that sort. This game series ain't focused on that.

The only part of DI that focuses very strongly on story is Ryder White DLC & you can't even level Ryder up in that episode. It's all straight-up action + story, mostly. Fill in a lot of the blanks and odd questions you might've had about the original DI, in which some things felt pulled-out of its butt, left untold/unexplained, or whatever else you can think of. When Techland actually tries (i.e. see Ryder White DLC + Call of Juarez original game), they can tell a story - but, I think for DI series, for the most part, they just decided for the most part not to try much + just stick to mostly gameplay.

I ain't done much w/ the DI Definitive + Riptide Definitive remasters - but, DI Definitive flat-out looks much better than the older editions. No comparison. There's tons of new graphical bells + whistles stuff in those, which weren't in the original editions & some better textures are being used here.
Thanks for the rundown, figured cant hurt ill probably just grab 1. I like brainless zombie bashing games once in a while.

Wow!  A lot of good popcorn eating to be had on the Groupees page.  I agree that Johnny has deflected or simply sidestepped multiple issues that have been legitimately raised.  I am grateful that FoxyPie better explained that I was not comfortable with a veiled threat again Motoki, even if it was an "example".  I do, however, wish that bundle sites would interact on sites such as CAG as I think that their business could improve if they listened to their customer base.  Sorry, but the groupees site chat is simply ridiculous for me.  Peace to those that like it.  I just do not believe that it really has a safe or inviting environment for constructive criticism.

Back to this forum...

I just cannot get excited about this sale.  Sorry.  Perhaps it is due to; I have a huge backlog and cannot stop buying bundle stuff that I only idle for cards, I am waiting to buy some games later as my current rig is running a 460 GPU, there is nothing out there that I can run that screams "buy and play" now that is priced at the CAG level.

@MysterD; keep those reviews coming like the above with Dead Island.

Looks like Amazon done some more price matching recently, Blood Bowl 2, OOTP 17, some other game I forgot were the ones I saw. Sure probably more, just aren't games I have wishlisted. Useful if you have bing rewards points sitting around (*cough*). 

Direct2Drive has the Dead island definitive and Riptide definitive for 5$ a piece, are they any good? Worth the 10 for the 2? Im pretty tempted since I never owned the old ones to get in on the 85% off.

Edit: Looks like lowest prices so far with ITAD. So ill probably grab them or just riptide. This is for anyone else who cares. Also sorry for posting a possible deal I dont wanna clutter the thread.

Just realized I still have my Dead Island Definitive Collection coupon from Humble. If anyone wants these I think it is $9 total with my monthly discount and includes Dead Island Retro Revenge. Pretty sure I would have to buy and gift it but I have no issue with that if someone wants it.

Did you guys see there is a movie coming out titled "BFG"?   It's a Disney movie that stands for Big Friendly Giant.  Really peeves me. No way that it's coincidental or that it made it past everyone in production without someone knowing the common meaning.

BFG is from a novel from 1982.  There was a 1989 animated tv movie version of BFG.  Nevertheless, I get what you are saying as most gamers know what BFG means in terms of gaming.

Well, Civ 6 releases before Christmas so I'd say 5 will certainly be the same price if not cheaper. Might as well wait.

If you are not going to play it now and you have to wait till Christmas then I don't see a reason you should buy it now.

Just wait for Winter Sale.

Civ V will almost certainly pop up in some kind of Humble Bundle or freebie promotional offer. Wait.

Worst case scenario, you have to buy it at a similar price to the current price in the winter sale.
I appreciate the input. I may just wait and see if it's on sale cheaper later on or part of a humble bundle. Plus with Civ 6 coming out, which I forgot about, I can afford to wait even longer. Thanks again for your help everyone!

Did you guys see there is a movie coming out titled "BFG"? It's a Disney movie that stands for Big Friendly Giant. Really peeves me. No way that it's coincidental or that it made it past everyone in production without someone knowing the common meaning.
In 1993 i bet some fan of children's novels was pissed that bfg was in doom when everybody knew what it REALLY meant

So guess who just set up seven virtual machines running Windows 7 running a different Steam alt running Idle Master just to get extra spending money?

63 different games to idle on all accounts. Yay. (I'm not counting Faeverse Alchemy because it takes like eight hours to drop all its cards...)

So guess who just set up seven virtual machines running Windows 7 running a different Steam alt running Idle Master just to get extra spending money?

63 different games to idle on all accounts. Yay. (I'm not counting Faeverse Alchemy because it takes like eight hours to drop all its cards...)
Uh.. Why didn't you use Archi's Steam Farm? Way more efficient, especially for idling alts..

Really, everyone should be switching to it now that Idle Master stopped being supported. Better in almost every way, and you can set it to offline idling so it doesn't display that you're playing a game (people will stop thinking you're playing games rather than idling).

Uh.. Why didn't you use Archi's Steam Farm? Way more efficient, especially for idling alts..

Really, everyone should be switching to it now that Idle Master stopped being supported. Better in almost every way, and you can set it to offline idling so it doesn't display that you're playing a game (people will stop thinking you're playing games rather than idling).
Never heard of it before. Guess I'll try that tomorrow.

https://www.steamgifts.com/discussion/gCxhN/archis-steam-farm-asf-steam-cards-farmer-windowslinuxos-x

It works differently than Idle Master in that you don't need steam client open to run it. I've also had no disconnection issues with ASF, but I had a ton of disconnection errors with Idle Master.

TBH I don't know why jshackles didn't use this kind of implementation for card idling with Idle Master
Well I tried it, I configured it, but it only wants to idle one account at a time. I think. I'm not even sure if it's working right at all.

I'm awful at using these command line type programs. Bleh.

I moved to ASF a few weeks back and can't believe I didn't do it sooner. Idled cards for both my accounts without fuss and without disconnections (Idle Master was really bad at this).

Seriously, Archi's Steam Farm. Get on it.

Well I tried it, I configured it, but it only wants to idle one account at a time. I think. I'm not even sure if it's working right at all.

I'm awful at using these command line type programs. Bleh.
It can idle multiple accounts at once, you do need to read the wiki a bit to get it working correctly though. The little tutorial it gives you when starting the configuration tool for the first time also helps. ASF isn't very user friendly but it's easy to use once you read how to set it up.

Also, if your account is restricted (2 hours before cards start dropping), you need to change CardDropsRestricted to true. Oh, and by default the card drop notifications are disabled. Some people may prefer for those to be enabled so go ahead and disable DismissInventoryNotifications if you want that.

It can idle multiple accounts at once, you do need to read the wiki a bit to get it working correctly though. The little tutorial it gives you when starting the configuration tool for the first time also helps. ASF isn't very user friendly but it's easy to use once you read how to set it up.

Also, if your account is restricted (2 hours before cards start dropping), you need to change CardDropsRestricted to true.
Already did the carddropsrestricted thing. I had to enable each bot separately via the config, I thought it was a global thing instead.

It seems to be running now. One account is idling a game, the rest are idling all at the same time. Whatever, it's working, I;m going to bed. Thx.

Also, if your account is restricted (2 hours before cards start dropping), you need to change CardDropsRestricted to true. Oh, and by default the card drop notifications are disabled. Some people may prefer for those to be enabled so go ahead and disable DismissInventoryNotifications if you want that.
Is there an easy way to tell if your account is restricted? I have never refunded anything. Also, the offline option is awesome. That was something that had been annoying the hell out of me with idlemaster.

Is there an easy way to tell if your account is restricted? I have never refunded anything.
Many games will drop cards in less than 2 hours if your account isn't restricted. Just idle normally and if you see cards dropping in less than 1 or 2 hours, then your account hasn't been flagged.

I think you're probably fine unless you got fucked over by the Drunk Wizards revoke lol

Better in almost every way, and you can set it to offline idling so it doesn't display that you're playing a game (people will stop thinking you're playing games rather than idling).
Nah, I want people to know that I'm playing shitty indie games!

Got about 70-80 minutes into Danganronpa and already loving the game and looking up Monokuma gear; I fear I might be turning weebo...

So far it's still at the basically VN point (well to be specific, the first free time) but man if more VNs were like this I'd probably actually play them. Might end up my best buy of the sale, despite being a whole 33% off. 

Giving away a copy of Verdun for the SpoderFox Events. The game is currently scheduled for the 30th, and you MUST show up to be eligible to win (You'll receive it beforehand to have time to download it and get used to it though).

To enter, simply pick a card from a standard deck of cards (And no, the joker is not eligible MysterD)

I will draw a winner Sunday afternoon sometime.

Clubs

2 - Smackattack

3 - GBKeroberos

Diamonds

A - Tomasety

2 - FissFiss

7 - Syntax Error

Hearts

10 - Hitlercat

J - Blade

Spades

3 - Malkan
Giving this a bump ... drawing a winner later today

Got about 70-80 minutes into Danganronpa and already loving the game and looking up Monokuma gear; I fear I might be turning weebo...

So far it's still at the basically VN point (well to be specific, the first free time) but man if more VNs were like this I'd probably actually play them. Might end up my best buy of the sale, despite being a whole 33% off.
I did try to get people to buy it at release, but not many people give a shit about VNs here, especially at full price. Danganronpa is one of the few Steam VNs that are worth full price.

If you liked that, I suggest buying 999 once it hits steam (dev hinted that it's coming to Steam/Vita a little while ago). It's by the same dev, and the third Zero Escape game is coming out soon on Steam (this wednesday). I figure they'll put Virtue's Last Reward on steam too, but I'm not sure if it got confirmed.

I did try to get people to buy it at release, but not many people give a shit about VNs here, especially at full price. Danganronpa is one of the few Steam VNs that are worth full price.

If you liked that, I suggest buying 999 once it hits steam (dev hinted that it's coming to Steam/Vita a little while ago). It's by the same dev, and the third Zero Escape game is coming out soon on Steam (this wednesday). I figure they'll put Virtue's Last Reward on steam too, but I'm not sure if it got confirmed.
What about, wait for it.....

MUFF LUV

Dude, it's 3AM on the west coast. What are you doing still up? Get some sleep man. We need you fresh. Jonny might decide to show up again later today.

I've heard CarlMundo is giving away dick games. You send him the cards back and you the dick game for free.

I hate how Amazon is randomly lowering the price of some games to match Steam's summer sale....but...

none of the games I want ~__~

Still waiting for ACIV Black Flag Gold Edition to be price matched.

So far only purchased Saints Row Gat Out of Hell for $3.64.

Momodora: Reverie under Moonlight is fuckin legit. Took me around 6-7 hrs, it's the closest your gonna get to a Castlevania: SoTN on steam.
Man thanks for the recommendation. Thanks to you I'm now interested in this game and I didn't even know this existed before. Now its on my Wishlist!

I sent this message before I walked in to the room!

I'm interested in a 4 pack of zombie army trilogy if anyone else is interested. Missed out on the earlier one.
Bumping this so we can get this going!
So far I believe it's
1. nitrosmob
2 NYstate (me)
3. [This could be you!]
4. [Ask me how!]

If we don't get 2 more, the Nazi zombie will win we can't have that happen can we?!
giphy.gif

I sent this message before I walked in to the room!

Dude, it's 3AM on the west coast. What are you doing still up? Get some sleep man. We need you fresh. Jonny might decide to show up again later today.
Dog had to pee. But yeah I should conserve energy for Jonny Smack Down Round 2.

Momodora: Reverie under Moonlight is fuckin legit. Took me around 6-7 hrs, it's the closest your gonna get to a Castlevania: SoTN on steam.
I've had my eye on it but waiting for a better sale that doesn't make me go 'lol very funny. No really, what's the real sale price?'

I've heard CarlMundo is giving away dick games. You send him the cards back and you the dick game for free.
I'd ask but I don't even want to know.

I hate how Amazon is randomly lowering the price of some games to match Steam's summer sale....but...

none of the games I want ~__~

Still waiting for ACIV Black Flag Gold Edition to be price matched.

So far only purchased Saints Row Gat Out of Hell for $3.64.
You could always try the 'tell us about a better price' link. It couldn't hurt. If you already did, well yeah they've always been kind of hit or miss on their price matches once there was no longer a human around we could talk to and get to manually flip the ones the crawler missed.

I've had my eye on it but waiting for a better sale that doesn't make me go 'lol very funny. No really, what's the real sale price?'
I doubt it helps but it is in a bundle on Steam right now...

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/793/

Fairly solid bundle... Though I only save 5 bucks in change as I own two of the games already.

Anyhow, I think I'm going to snag Dragon Age Inquisition since the Steam sale seems so weak... VPN Mexico, go to Origins.com, add game to cart, turn VPN off, finish checking out. Profit! (right?)

bread's done
Back