Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
6IAPwW5.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
At least you are truthful with yourself.

Everything has an audience. I mean, there's a whole website dedicated to grandma games and people play those too, doesn't make them any good. Case in point, my top two played games on Steam are:

Clicker Heroes - 317 Hours

Time Clickers - 155 Hours

THAT TOTALLY MEANS THOSE GAMES ARE AWESOME BECAUSE AN IDIOT LIKE MYSELF WASTED ALL THAT TIME ON THEM!

Right, that's how that faulty logic works?
Well yeah, I personally will never understand how can somebody shell $60 annually to get their yearly ration of COD and don't like visual novels at all, for example. I do love me some housewife games tho... my playtime in Bejeweled, Puzzle Quest, Luxor and Gyromancer give me away.

Oh and don't make me get started on Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, that shit is like crack to me. Probably the best game ever released with a Ubisoft tag on it.

Diablo derivatives are boring.

In fact, Diablo 3 is pretty boring. It's a loot based game that continuously trivializes your previous work and loot gains. Nothing has any value; it feels like a hollow experience. There is no sense of progression nor feeling of accomplishment.
Are you talking about D3 before RoS + Loot 2.0 or after?

While I did like D3 (base), I was disappointed with it. Sure, it was worth the $10 and all that I spent on D3 base - but frankly, something felt...lacking.

Though, I do think D3 was tons better when played with both RoS + Loot 2.0. RoS improved it b/c Act 5 is awesome & Adventure Mode is a total game-changer to me. Loot 2.0 patch fixed the damn loot tables, as they became better + much more interesting on the actual drops.

I tried to play Torchlight II with the bros a few years back, but it was just a borefest to me. Just run around and see a whole bunch of shit spray across the game screen and it mixes with the enemy shit and at the end of it all there's a chest with some shit in it.
Bah, I had a blast with Torchlight 2. Of course, I am the type that just can't enough of these ARPG's w/ different + unique loot-galore.

Well yeah, I personally will never understand how can somebody shell $60 annually to get their yearly ration of COD and don't like visual novels at all, for example. I do love me some housewife games tho... my playtime in Bejeweled, Puzzle Quest, Luxor and Gyromancer give me away.

Oh and don't make me get started on Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, that shit is like crack to me. Probably the best game ever released with a Ubisoft tag on it.
I don't shell out $60 for the latest COD. I usually wait a year or two or more until the MP is nice and dead and people have moved on to the next iteration and then buy it on sale and complain about it being dead. So maybe the $60 people are on to something.

I'm mostly just trolling (I mean I really do despise ARPGs, but I understand different folks, different strokes). I have tried and I think the loot grind just isn't appealing enough to me to get through the game play. I mean, it's all just a different version of the same thing (point and click), but for some reason the ARPG mechanics just don't do it for me. I think it's because I hate customization and don't get excited about new gear or weapons. Old School FPS have brainwashed me. Just give me a bigger gun, it has to be better, right? I will say Dead Rising 3 has it's appeal with the blueprints and building ridiculous weapons and vehicles, but that usually lacking in ARPGs too (except for How to Survive).

Are you talking about D3 before RoS + Loot 2.0 or after?

While I did like D3 (base), I was disappointed with it. Sure, it was worth the $10 and all that I spent on D3 base - but frankly, something felt...lacking.

Though, I do think D3 was tons better when played with both RoS + Loot 2.0. RoS improved it b/c Act 5 is awesome & Adventure Mode is a total game-changer to me. Loot 2.0 patch fixed the damn loot tables, as they became better + much more interesting on the actual drops.

Bah, I had a blast with Torchlight 2. Of course, I am the type that just can't enough of these ARPG's w/ different + unique loot-galore.
Of course you would like those dreadfully dull games, of course.

Boy, I must be the biggest time waster of all time then...

[Jrod's ARPG Time-Line]

Torchlight: 35 hours on record.

Torchlight 2: 182 hours on record.

Titan Quest: 33 hours on record (still need to play the expansion).

The Incredible Adventures on Van Helsing: 36 hours on record.

The Incredible Adventures on Van Helsing II: 37 hours on record.

Path of Exile: 24 hours on record (Doesn't count the time I spent on the game's alphas, betas and non-steam releases).

Dungeon Siege: 6.7 hours on record (never again...).

Deathspank: Couple of hours.

Grim Dawn: 24 hours on record (currently playing).

And I'm still missing the time I wasted on DIablo 1 (both on PC and PS1), Diablo 2, Divine Divinity, Kult: Heretic Kingdoms, Darkstone and Nox when I was a kid.

I'll probably start playing Victor Vran and Van Helsing III after I finish Grim Dawn, and at some point (who knows when), I might finally get to try Revenant, Sacred Gold and the original Dungeon Siege games.

Geez... I really love to play trash, boring, pointless games...
Oh, yes - I absolutely loved Divine Divinity, except for its absolutely horrid voice-acting. If only there was an in-game setting where I could mute the English audio/voice-acting. It had a really nice mix of both ARPG-stuff (loot + action); and it actually had much better story + writing over most of these type of ARPG's.

I liked Sacred Gold quite a bit; absolutely loved Sacred 2; and never finished the original Dungeon Siege.

I liked Dungeon Siege, but never finished it. I did finish both Dungeon Siege 2 + Broken World; I think DS2 is way more action-y than DS1 (DS1 had way more strategic-elements + bigger parties to it); and Broken World expansion found the medium point b/t the two games and had a mixture of action + strategy (since they brought some of the party formations back).

I'm mostly just trolling (I mean I really do despise ARPGs, but I understand different folks, different strokes). I have tried and I think the loot grind just isn't appealing enough to me to get through the game play. I mean, it's all just a different version of the same thing (point and click), but for some reason the ARPG mechanics just don't do it for me. I think it's because I hate customization and don't get excited about new gear or weapons. Old School FPS have brainwashed me. Just give me a bigger gun, it has to be better, right? I will say Dead Rising 3 has it's appeal with the blueprints and building ridiculous weapons and vehicles, but that usually lacking in ARPGs too (except for How to Survive).

Of course you would like those dreadfully dull games, of course.
Curious: even though Dead Island (original) & DI: Riptide are open-world games & act like loot-crazed ARPG's that got moved over into the first-person perspective - did you like those?

Curious: even though Dead Island (original) & DI: Riptide are open-world games & act like loot-crazed ARPG's that got moved over into the first-person perspective - did you like those?
Oh yeah, I love the Dead Island series, even though I can agree with the general sentiment that they tend to drag on and get repetitive (which goes for real ARPGs as well). First, there's something more visceral and satisfying about smashing or shooting zombies in first person than the overhead view and kill animations of most ARPGs, again that could just be personal preference there. With the "loot" system, Dead Island was much more logical and simple with the system. It was really just the weapons that you had to find and it was pretty easy to discern which one was better. Plus those things broke apart so quickly it really didn't matter nor did it make much sense to try to repair them. It was more of a constant search and use than your typical ARPGs. I'm a simple man who likes simple things. I can understand those who geek out about putting together the perfect character with the perfect weapons and gear and spells and attacks and power ups, but it just doesn't appeal to me.

So this thread all day is fox repeating he doesn't like ARPG's. It's almost like a MyD DRM rant but MyD is full of assburgers so it's almost accepted.

What I like about Diablo 3:RoS is precisely that it is so simple. I enjoy upgrading my powers and finding better loot and I don't have to think about a goddamn thing while I play that game, including my family.

Dear Customer,
Recently, a problem occurred on the shipping rate of our Free Gaming mouse giveaway.This problem caused the Gaming mouse to have no cost for shipping. The original offer was to get the mouse for free and just pay the shipping cost. 
Due to this problem, we have canceled every order that had a total of $0. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, this situation is unfortunate for both of us.

Our store will be closed for the next few weeks, as we are revamping it. It should reopen in the coming weeks.

Ps. If you have paid for an order, this message not for you. If you paid for the shipping of the product, your order is on it's way.

Oh yeah, I love the Dead Island series, even though I can agree with the general sentiment that they tend to drag on and get repetitive (which goes for real ARPGs as well). First, there's something more visceral and satisfying about smashing or shooting zombies in first person than the overhead view and kill animations of most ARPGs, again that could just be personal preference there. With the "loot" system, Dead Island was much more logical and simple with the system. It was really just the weapons that you had to find and it was pretty easy to discern which one was better. Plus those things broke apart so quickly it really didn't matter nor did it make much sense to try to repair them. It was more of a constant search and use than your typical ARPGs. I'm a simple man who likes simple things. I can understand those who geek out about putting together the perfect character with the perfect weapons and gear and spells and attacks and power ups, but it just doesn't appeal to me.
About Dead Island series - I really liked the constant weapon-breaking aspect. B/c the game's underpinning are ARPG with the loot-crazy part, it made sense to constantly switch + swap weapons out like there's no tomorrow. It makes it very important that you just shouldn't sell some of your loot.

In most likelihood - your weapon will break, you might need to repair it, and/or you will swap to another weapons. It's just the nature of that beast (of a game).

Oh, did you play Dying Light? I need to get around to getting that, when it gets cheap enough to suit me.

Dear Customer,
Recently, a problem occurred on the shipping rate of our Free Gaming mouse giveaway.This problem caused the Gaming mouse to have no cost for shipping. The original offer was to get the mouse for free and just pay the shipping cost.
Due to this problem, we have canceled every order that had a total of $0. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, this situation is unfortunate for both of us.

Our store will be closed for the next few weeks, as we are revamping it. It should reopen in the coming weeks.

Ps. If you have paid for an order, this message not for you. If you paid for the shipping of the product, your order is on it's way.
I was just thinking about this today. Oh well, didn't really expect it to work.

EDIT: 0wned by DrR0Ck.

So I guess no free mouse with free shipping..... no free CAG mouse :(

Valve leases nine floors in planned skyscraper, more than doubling its headquarters size

Gaming company Valve has leased approximately 225,000 square feet in the Lincoln Square expansion office tower that is under construction in downtown Bellevue, Wash., more than doubling the size of its headquarters in the Eastside city.

The long-reported lease was confirmed Wednesday by Kemper Development Co., which is developing the office building. Valve will take floors 11 through 19 in the 31-story, 710,000-square-foot building, and it will move in May 2017.
Just imagine how many customer service reps they'll be able to fit into that new space!

So this thread all day is fox repeating he doesn't like ARPG's. It's almost like a MyD DRM rant but MyD is full of assburgers so it's almost accepted.
Hmmm, maybe I should make MysterFox my next persona and make sure to respond with a wall of text every time an ARPG is mentioned. You guys can thank Drabelincoln for the next year.

I don't shell out $60 for the latest COD. I usually wait a year or two or more until the MP is nice and dead and people have moved on to the next iteration and then buy it on sale and complain about it being dead. So maybe the $60 people are on to something.

Oh no, I wasn't specifically referring to you, I was just putting an example. Like you said, there is a market for everything.

Hmmm, maybe I should make MysterFox my next persona and make sure to respond with a wall of text every time an ARPG is mentioned. You guys can thank Drabelincoln for the next year.
Well the bro thing only lasted for a month or two tops. I'd be interested to see how long you could keep the rain man thing going.

Oh noes, my free shitty Chinese knock-off mouse!  Now I guess there'll be no Christmas for Little Timmy, lying sick with Zika virus...

The $10 shipping they want for the "free" mouse is twice the actual value of the mouse.

Newegg just sent me an email instructing me to disregard the previous email about the AMD R9 class action lawsuit. All my dreams of free stuff are getting crushed this afternoon, one right after another.

Oh, yes - I absolutely loved Divine Divinity, except for its absolutely horrid voice-acting. If only there was an in-game setting where I could mute the English audio/voice-acting. It had a really nice mix of both ARPG-stuff (loot + action); and it actually had much better story + writing over most of these type of ARPG's.

I liked Sacred Gold quite a bit; absolutely loved Sacred 2; and never finished the original Dungeon Siege.

I liked Dungeon Siege, but never finished it. I did finish both Dungeon Siege 2 + Broken World; I think DS2 is way more action-y than DS1 (DS1 had way more strategic-elements + bigger parties to it); and Broken World expansion found the medium point b/t the two games and had a mixture of action + strategy (since they brought some of the party formations back).
Divine Divinity's voice acting was passable. Beyond Divinity's tho, Jesus Christ it was utterly horrible... one of the reasons why I never finished the game.

I couldn't stand having this guy screaming in my ears every 5 minutes or so.

I called their customer service number and bitched to a person who seemed to be talking to me from across a room over speaker phone. I was not asked to provide anything but my e-mail address but had to continuously ask for the person to repeat things and vice-versa. He seemed to be watching a movie because I could also hear it over the phone. I was told that the key would then be sent to me. The person seemed very aggravated that they had to provide any customer service at all. I doubt I will buy again from them.
I mean, to be fair, it is a condo. Probably were an ass and called during dinner time too I bet!

I think it's funny when people make that excuse for Valve (or any company with piss poor customer service). Last I checked Amazon has millions and millions more customers and I've never had an issue getting through to their CS either by chat, email, or phone. Volume is simply not an excuse for this BS. It just means you're being too cheap to pay for dedicated CS or you just don't care, which in Valve's case they just don't care.
Yeah, but why hire more Customer Service people, when we can just create apps?
I think it's funny when people make that excuse for Valve (or any company with piss poor customer service). Last I checked Amazon has millions and millions more customers and I've never had an issue getting through to their CS either by chat, email, or phone. Volume is simply not an excuse for this BS. It just means you're being too cheap to pay for dedicated CS or you just don't care, which in Valve's case they just don't care.

Who wants to be my friend on Summoner's War?  Let's all go down this dark path together. 

phone games, for those playing along at home

And because wanted to shove it in a separate post, ARPGs and Clickers share quite a bit in common (at least on a basic level). And yeah you have to like loot grind to really like an ARPG, one of my favorite parts is the loot grind (granted, I also spend hours playing a game where you control traffic at airports sooo...). Hate when they decide to add a bunch of crafting into it though, Titan Quest wasn't too bad on that but it's one of the things I can tell I'll probably hate in Marvel Heroes.

Trying to figure out what is going on the screen isn't something to try, just know your combos and watch the health bar/down potions like an addict. I only really pay attention if it's a boss, otherwise there is too many mobs and stuff going on.

Divine Divinity's voice acting was passable. Beyond Divinity's tho, Jesus Christ it was utterly horrible... one of the reasons why I never finished the game.

I also never finished Beyond Div.

And since we're at it - yeah; I thought the voice-acting was garbage in this game, as well.

Oh, by the way, tonight is freeplay night for the bros, and no that doesn't mean everyone gets a go at Bah and Weiler's moms.  It means if you've been wanting to play something or co-op something we haven't scheduled tonight's the night to do so.  Yes, even shitty ARPGs are welcome.  If you are interested in something, would be a good idea to post about it in the event thread ASAP so people have a chance to DL it if they want.  So far some of us are playing Payday 1 and Parallacks said he'd be playing GTA V for all the ycagbros out there.  

arpgs are alright but really have to be in the mood to boot one up. for some reason they seem to always have really dull game worlds and you feel detached from what's going on despite the skinner box effect. theyre okay. although i don't see how anybody could possibly play clicker games and bash arpgs.

Oh, by the way, tonight is freeplay night for the bros, and no that doesn't mean everyone gets a go at Bah and Weiler's moms. It means if you've been wanting to play something or co-op something we haven't scheduled tonight's the night to do so. Yes, even shitty ARPGs are welcome. If you are interested in something, would be a good idea to post about it in the event thread ASAP so people have a chance to DL it if they want. So far some of us are playing Payday 1 and Parallacks said he'd be playing GTA V for all the ycagbros out there.
Event thread?

I'm gonna be honest, that makes me want to play the game lol.

I enjoy ARPG, but tend to eventually lose interest as soon as the loot grind hits, and unless it's a REALLY good ARPG, I generally only care to run through the game once, as unless it's really well made there just isn't a ton of differentiation in classes. 

Clicker games tend to only get my attention for a short while, and mostly because I can hop into them for 5 minutes or so. That said, it does add up. 

On steam, my top ten in terms of hour hours played is kind of a motley crew: Borderlands 2, Borderlands, Terraria, Adventure Capitalist, MacGuffin's Curse, Rogue Legacy, Guacamelee, Saturday Morning RPG, 12 Labors of Hercules III: Girl Power, and Crush Crush.

It's probably the most evil thing about clicker games... those 5-10 minutes of play do eventually pile up over time. 

Are top ten played lists the new haul lists?

Top Ten is six RPGs, two survival/exploration, one ARPG and one multiplayer shooter.

Fallout 4 - 353 hrs

ARK - 343 hrs

Dragon Age: Origins - 329 hrs

Team Fortress 2 - 279 hrs

Dragon Age: Inquisition - 244 hrs

Fallout: New Vegas - 198 hrs

Titan Quest (inc. Immortal Throne) - 186 hrs

Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - 142 hrs

Dragon's Dogma - 138 hrs

Terraria - 138 hrs

Left 4 Dead 2
3,374 hrs on record
Aliens: Colonial Marines
3,363 hrs on record
Ridge Racer™ Unbounded
2,694 hrs on record
Resident Evil 5 / Biohazard 5
2,217 hrs on record
Max Payne
1,877 hrs on record
Dead Island
1,814 hrs on record
Crysis Warhead
1,706 hrs on record
Age of Empires® III: Complete Collection
1,601 hrs on record
STAR WARS™ Republic Commando
1,549 hrs on record
Company of Heroes (New Steam Version)
1,378 hrs on record

1fb1eeb348decb0a67bf43ddb21f556781e32bfd_full.jpg

Seasonal Droppings:
PR72-PGN6-2E4G-4828-E3H9-EGAG
PR72-PGN6-C9BD-EGA7-AD38-7F83
PR72-PGN6-6634-ADD4-EHD8-CJ28

Dropped these in TheHangOut last night and I think the last one was used by Xealot but try them all. You guys should join the steam group lots of key drops Madjoki's MrG bot, random shet talk and some of your favorite CAGs are there, your welcome brohs.
I'd love an invite. Thanks

Since we're all doing the top 10 thing now...

Clicker Heroes - 780 hours (that game can rot in hell with the new update)

AdVenture Capitalist - 345 hours (it's apparently beatable now)

Dark Souls III - 60 hours (here begins the actual games)

Hyper Light Drifter - 51 hours (about 15 hours of this was in the preview build)

Starbound - 47 hours (I'm pretty sure at least 50% of that was AFK)

Tumblestone - 39 hours (one of the best puzzle games I've played. Review: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AuburnRDM/recommended/269710/)

Trove - 35 hours (I don't even like to build :/)

Shadows of Mordor - 32 hours (this will hopefully eclipse Trove if I ever go back to the DLC)

I am Setsuna - 31 hours (decent JRPG. Review: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AuburnRDM/recommended/441830/)

Dustforce - 29 hours (it took that long to get the one achievement the game has...)

I don't know why I play clicker games. A great portion of that playtime was definitely spent idling or running a script in the case of Clicker Heroes. Seriously, forget that game; apparently it's supposed to take 2-3 years to clear the new content.

Killing Floor
364 hrs on record

Age of Empires Online
117 hrs on record

CastleMiner Z
113 hrs on record (Idled to get an achievement) 

Sid Meier's Civilization V
108 hrs on record

Saints Row: The Third
83 hrs on record

Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 Multiplayer 
83 hrs on record (played double this of the original before steam tracked time)

Day of Defeat: Source
73 hrs on record

Borderlands
66 hrs on record

Mafia II
61 hrs on record

Grand Theft Auto IV
56 hrs on record

Bro night roundup, the bros decided to play hearthstone, ycag was eliminated by the tutorial boss.
That did happen once. Tonight was a mix of Payday, GTA V, Rocket League, and Mount Your Friends.

My top thirteen:

1. Clicker Heroes
317 hrs on record

2. Time Clickers
155 hrs on record

3. Killing Floor
72 hrs on record

4. Infestation: Survivor Stories Classic
51 hrs on record

5. Sleeping Dogs™
46 hrs on record

6. AdVenture Capitalist
40 hrs on record

7. The Walking Dead
34 hrs on record

8. Rocket League
24 hrs on record

9. Defense Grid: The Awakening
23 hrs on record

10. You Need A Budget 4 (YNAB)
23 hrs on record

11. Sniper Elite V2
18.5 hrs on record

12. Killing Floor 2
18.0 hrs on record

13. Everyday Genius: SquareLogic
16.6 hrs on record

Filter games 

ARK: Survival Evolved
401 hrs on record

Team Fortress 2
120 hrs on record

Mad Max
97 hrs on record

FreeStyle2: Street Basketball
80 hrs on record

Batman: Arkham City GOTY
62 hrs on record

L.A. Noire
62 hrs on record

Deus Ex: Human Revolution
61 hrs on record

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
59 hrs on record

BioShock Infinite
59 hrs on record

Overlord: Raising Hell
56 hrs on record

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
385 hrs on record

Team Fortress 2
182 hrs on record

Rocket League
68 hrs on record

Grand Theft Auto V
66 hrs on record

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
57 hrs on record

NBA 2K14
55 hrs on record

Batman™: Arkham Knight
51 hrs on record

WWE 2K15
43 hrs on record

Mad Max
41 hrs on record

Sniper Elite 3
37 hrs on record

If we included shit like Origin, FIFA 13-16 would all be top 10 (80 hrs, 213 hrs, 44 hrs, 72 hrs)

bread's done
Back