Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
BL TPS DLC is pretty shitty in comparison to that of 1 and 2, by the way. Gearbox and 2K are trying to milk the stillborn calf that is that game's Season Pass baby dry when there's hardly any worthwhile content. It only has one campaign and two characters (plus an arena but those are boring). I'm waiting for sub-$5.
You're right that the TPS DLC is nowhere near as good as 1 or 2. I will say this though: I enjoyed playing as both Jack and The Baroness. Jack is great because he's Jack and he's just so OP. The Baroness should be on anyone's radar that enjoys the sniper rifle and her cryo skill is very useful.

The Holodome arena is very solid, as far as arenas go. It can be repeated and it's a good challenge. I have yet to play Claptastic Voyage, though I hear it is very good.

What haunts me is paying near full price for the Season Pass and only getting one story DLC. It's even worse when I think about the Luxy's Space Adventure campaign add-on that they cancelled. I definitely feel a little burned there. :hot:

You're right that the TPS DLC is nowhere near as good as 1 or 2. I will say this though: I enjoyed playing as both Jack and The Baroness. Jack is great because he's Jack and he's just so OP. The Baroness should be on anyone's radar that enjoys the sniper rifle and her cryo skill is very useful.

The Holodome arena is very solid, as far as arenas go. It can be repeated and it's a good challenge. I have yet to play Claptastic Voyage, though I hear it is very good.

What haunts me is paying near full price for the Season Pass and only getting one story DLC. It's even worse when I think about the Luxy's Space Adventure campaign add-on that they cancelled. I definitely feel a little burned there. :hot:
Wait - why was the DLC cancelled?

Did Gearbox not wanna finish-up any of 2K Austraila's work or something?

Gearbox couldn't out-source it to TimeGate Studios?

21:9 monitors - those of you have and/or want them, I see why these could be good for gaming, but what about day to day non-gaming use? I kept a 4:3 monitor for the longest time because I always felt I preferred to have height to the display for non-gaming PC use. My current monitor is 16:10 because it has that bit of height over 16:9.

So is the fact that the resolution on these provides enough vertical pixels that it's a non-issue for you folks? Or am I just too old to get with the changes?
get off my lawn you fuck kids.

big monitor is big, just get one.

21:9 monitors - those of you have and/or want them, I see why these could be good for gaming, but what about day to day non-gaming use? I kept a 4:3 monitor for the longest time because I always felt I preferred to have height to the display for non-gaming PC use. My current monitor is 16:10 because it has that bit of height over 16:9.

So is the fact that the resolution on these provides enough vertical pixels that it's a non-issue for you folks? Or am I just too old to get with the changes?
You aren't wrong. I had a 20" 4:3 and a 24" 16:10 combo for a long time due to wanting a lot of vertical space. At the 34" size the 21:9 works though. You have enough veritcal space while also having enough horizontal room for two browser windows side by side. At this point I am thinking 34" 21:9 + 24" 16:10 in portrait is really one of the better monitor setups out there.

Blade :

BL TPS DLC is pretty shitty in comparison to that of 1 and 2, by the way. Gearbox and 2K are trying to milk the stillborn calf that is that game's Season Pass baby dry when there's hardly any worthwhile content. It only has one campaign and two characters (plus an arena but those are boring). I'm waiting for sub-$5.

You're right that the TPS DLC is nowhere near as good as 1 or 2. I will say this though: I enjoyed playing as both Jack and The Baroness. Jack

is great because he's Jack and he's just so OP. The Baroness should be on anyone's radar that enjoys the sniper rifle and her cryo skill is very useful.

What is really silly is the season pass being on sale at $15. Like what has been pointed out, really one one decent content DLC and 2 characters. I bought TPS when it was bundled and even then cringed paying the $15 tier. I would have bought TPS with season pass for $10 total any day of the week. Like Blade, I would prefer to wait until the season pass gets real pricing at $5 where it belongs. Knowing my luck, they will bypass it and sell as TPS complete edition just to screw with us.

Fry's is back w/ their Steam Gift Cards deals.

Get a card valued at $20 for the price of $16 w/ their promo code.

Promo code is in your Fry's email.

In-store only; 1 per customer; while supplies last; no rainchecks - usual Fry's terms, basically. 

Good until 9-8-2016.

Thanks! I grabbed Club Manager and Victim (but only because i was checking to see that one was taken). I'll add my own Mystery fodder to make up for the dual snag.

STAYDEADEVOLUTION:

7Y9B3-X9XLC-24A6R

CHAINSAWWARRIOR:

C8W3X-H3HP8-4KV30

THELADY:

I5PDK-AKEJJ-76NGT

CHAINSAWWARRIOR:

27BIJ-G3702-M65B8

Bleh @ BL TPS Season Pass is only 50% off. How crap-tastic.

I already own BL1 + All DLC & BL2 + ALL DLC + BL TPS base-game.
Honestly unless you're somebody who plays borderlands games on and on you don't need the season pass...half the items in it are characters. There are already 4 characters in the base game which is plenty, imho. In fact if you're anything like me by the time you make it through all the content in the game once you'll be pretty much done. I started my second playthrough and stopped half way through it, the game is probably my least favorite of the series. It's definitely a huge step down from BL2. The amount of content in Bl2 alone makes it highly replayable, particularly if you have all the dlc, so you can do different side missions each time you play to keep it fresh. In comparison BLTPS is pretty bare bones. The first playthrough was fun but as i was moving through the second it felt like a drag.

Long story short unless you're a borderlands fanatic (and if you were you would've bought bltps by now) you don't need the season pass anyway. Maybe pick up the single story dlc on its own.

Agreed.  Wouldn't bother with TPS DLC as TPS is widely regarded as inferior to 2 in almost every facet.  The writing/humor is even more cringe worthy than 2's without Anthony Burch having much of a hand in it.  Fortunately he's gone and BL3 will be written by the guy who did the first game.  Looking forward to the bleaker/Mad Max like atmosphere versus the amusement park of Memeville that was BL2.  Style-wise I also think the first game did weapons better.  Obviously there was slightly better tech and more variation by the time 2 rolled around but I didn't care for how rigid the gun variation was  compared to the first.  And in 1 if you found a really good legendary - or even epic - it could last you for almost ten levels.  In 2 it felt like you had to upgrade your stuff every other level, especially in the second and third playthroughs were slag was necessary and enemy resistances were absurdly high.  Would be nice if 3 ends up being 1.5 in terms of design.

I'm going to go ahead and say that 90% of the time, you don't need the DLC/season pass unless you really really liked the game. Usually the DLC is negligible stuff that the devs cut out before release so they can resell it later for more money. 

I'm going to go ahead and say that 90% of the time, you don't need the DLC/season pass unless you really really liked the game. Usually the DLC is negligible stuff that the devs cut out before release so they can resell it later for more money.
Yeah, but i'd say it's especially so with Bltps. In BL2 at least it was centered around story dlc, I'd actually recommend buying the season pass for that. If you don't plan on playing the game a minimum of 6 times then the season pass for bltps isn't worth it at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/51isqz/halo_5_forge_microsoft_store/

Halo is on pc, you need to invite people to play custom games right now but they're adding a in-game server browser in the future.

Time bro date when people make some old classic custom games.
We can play the normal pvp and infection type game modes till then.
GG Microsoft...... ¬¬

4Pkbpw.jpg

My dxdiag

dlpP2C.jpg

Many other users are having same issue not able to download the game. All the System Requirements are checked and I get this, "Halo 5: Forge is currently not available."

the actual release date is the 8th. so they probably "accidentally" released it, realized their mistake, and pulled it from the store until manana.

I have also been guilty of adding F2P games to my wishlist as a way of reminding myself to check it out (if I was on mobile or something when I first saw it).

Nobody look through my wishlist please unless it's to gift me something off it

The next Ubisoft Club free game will be...

*drumroll*

The Crew
You're a funny guy

Then I clicked it and realize it was true.

Wow.. totally didn't expect that. A game I want to play and don't own.
​I almost bought the game on sale few times too.

___

Played some of the halo 5 forge mode last night, if you're coming from Halo 3's Forge mode you will have to learn everything all over.

Spartan mode can be toggle by using " ~ ", it's pretty fun to build stuff on.

Totally crap

ZeightFPFfivesixfourYfournineGTfourH
XBCthreefivefiveEGMDPsixfoursevenX
zeroYFfourETfourKIWfiveQRGthree
twoAsixEIPZsevenHZeightJYzeroH
KthreeRsevenzeroCYDYBzeroDninezerotwo
nineIsevenKELDPMENTKFthree
PDeightCTBfournineYLJNthreeMnine
nineIthreeMJXIBtwoRWfourXAD
IQKYTMHRBEDsixIDR
fiveYPPeightYfiveFsixDEfiveFHR
DCJzeroeightZMQERBXJWfive
NzeroDPFBITseventhreeDBKKthree
DZsevenQfivefiveZLfiveIfiveZLAF
eightTMBJWDLCVthreeCJFY
fourVHfourJAGKQLGAzeroWJ
LFnineLDTGEYPseveneightthreesevenM

Ack! I just realized that I don't have the TQ Anniversary Edition because I actually played TQ and Immortal Throne on CD-ROMs or some such thing. And then I sold the copy I got from the THQ Humble. Oh, well, I guess I won't be backlogging that one after all.

Ack! I just realized that I don't have the TQ Anniversary Edition because I actually played TQ and Immortal Throne on CD-ROMs or some such thing. And then I sold the copy I got from the THQ Humble. Oh, well, I guess I won't be backlogging that one after all.
Send selfie of CD-rom and you to thqnordic support and they'll (maybe) give you steam key!

Send selfie of CD-rom and you to thqnordic support and they'll (maybe) give you steam key!
That seems about as likely as Fez 2 and Half-Life 3.

Also, there's at least a fair chance I Half-Price-Books'd those discs a while ago.

The first 30 minutes or so of The Crew are really annoying, but don't give up! Once people stop talking and you're able to just explore the open world without interruption, it's a lot more fun. Of course if you've ever played an Ubisoft game, you already knew that.

bread's done
Back