Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
It seems Ashot has spoken. RIP Putinland tourism and souvenir acquisition.

mvM8ahN.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
With that price,you can get a PS4 or X1 for a bona fide experience and exclusives rather a crappy PC experience with that 2GB 860M
I certainly don't need to spend that kind of money on Alienware Alpha.

I already have both a gaming laptop (i7 Haswell; 4GB 960M; 16GB RAM; W10) + gaming desktop (i7 950 Bloomfield; "4GB" 970; 16 GB RAM; W7) that can run games to my liking normally (1080p w/ 60FPS at High-to-Ultra) - so I certainly don't want or need an Alienware Alpha.

There might be other gamers that don't own a strong PC and/or already have one of the consoles you mentioned (or both) that likely don't want to spent the farm on a PC and are on a budget - so they could go the Alpha route; especially at $250 in this sale.

And also, I certain am not going to spend $250-400 on PS4 or X1 - never had plans for that, at that kind of $. And even more so true, especially knowing when there's right around the corner the PS4 Pro & X1 Scorpio coming.

Well, I feel like that may be a difficult question to answer. Was she cute as a non-furry? Meh, but you know I feel like within the furry community the standards of cuteness have to be lower considering you don't have much to choose from. Plus, like I don't know what cute to furry is. Do they value human cute? Or how much someone looks like the animal they are emulating? And apparently they are racist too as fur color matters.
Good question. I mean on one hand she was only wearing ears and a tail so would she been thought of like a half-furry or fake furry? If it's a full suit, the other questions definitely come into play.

Any reason to go with the Steam version of GTAV if I already have the box copy version? I didn't know a year ago it wasn't a Steam code in there and see it's on sale.

I bought the Witcher 3 on Steam despite having a GOG version for cloud saving and achievements. Wasn't sure if there was a huge advantage to getting Steam GTAV.

Any reason to go with the Steam version of GTAV if I already have the box copy version? I didn't know a year ago it wasn't a Steam code in there and see it's on sale.

I bought the Witcher 3 on Steam despite having a GOG version for cloud saving and achievements. Wasn't sure if there was a huge advantage to getting Steam GTAV.
GTA V has Steam Achievement since you seem to are about those. That's probably only difference. No Steam Cloud.

That Alienware was junk at $500 and anyone who wanted to play games would have been better off putting $300 into an X1/PS4.  But for the price of a mid-range video card, it's a nice $250 computer.  Biggest issue for me would have been the SteamOS which not only limits your non-gaming use of it but also the Linux Steam catalog is just leagues smaller than the Windows catalog.

But I'm not in the market for a computer anyway, $250 or otherwise, and the Reddit thread indicated that this "sale" was realistically on a few unicorns scattered across the country -- one in Vegas, am open box display model in Chicago, another somewhere else.

Well, the Rockstar launcher has terrible download speeds for some people. I'd imagine you need to use it for updates too, when you don't with the steam version so that's a major advantage to have it on steam IMO

Don't know if it's worth rebuying it on steam for just that and achievements though.

That Alienware was junk at $500 and anyone who wanted to play games would have been better off putting $300 into an X1/PS4. But for the price of a mid-range video card, it's a nice $250 computer. Biggest issue for me would have been the SteamOS which not only limits your non-gaming use of it but also the Linux Steam catalog is just leagues smaller than the Windows catalog.

But I'm not in the market for a computer anyway, $250 or otherwise, and the Reddit thread indicated that this "sale" was realistically on a few unicorns scattered across the country -- one in Vegas, am open box display model in Chicago, another somewhere else.
For $250 didn't seem too bad to have if you can install windows onto it?

Seems like something I would use for lower end games like League of Legends and Netflix streaming on vacations.

Can someone with a pre-built system from one of these manufacturers help me out?

OEMS:

• Acer
  • Alienware
  • ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
  • Dell Inc.
  • Hewlett-Packard
  • IMDS
  • LENOVO
  • MEDION
  • Micro-Star International Co. Ltd.
  • TOSHIBA
System Builders:

• ABS
  • CyberPowerPC
  • CybertronPC
  • iBUYPOWER
Run regedit and go here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OEMInformation

Anything listed there besides "(Default)"?
Looking for some reg value in particular? I think that's the OEM Support / Stuff section. I own a Lenovo but had to fiddle a bit with the Install, so it's not anymore oem.

Take a look at this, it might help, altough it's a WVista article:

https://www.petri.com/add-logo-and-support-information-to-vista

and this one might have lenovo settings:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/support-information-in-system-properties-not/df484e92-7d84-4686-bb12-cff0c3c3ef1d?auth=1

sorry for the offtopic :)

I'm still waiting for monday weeklong deals from Steam, come on steam!

I don't suppose there's any Gamersgate discount codes active right now? The Arkham Knight Season Pass is 6.80, and I want to make sure that's the cheapest I can get it for right now.
Are there actually any worthwhile DLC's in there for dropping $6.80 on it?

Yeah, that's a creepy fetish . . .

J2hWxFy.png

If you like your women with robot heads and giant asses, this is the game for you!
I question your eyesight considering you some how overlooked her breasts.... :lol:

Anyhow, as for Power Girl being a creepy fetish... She might be but there's actually a decent story around it...

PG is the Supergirl of another Earth (Earth 2 if memory serves me correct), by a different earth I really mean a different universe thats just how DC labels them, and to help tell the two characters apart PG's breasts where made slightly bigger by the artist... None of the powers that be made any comment on it so as a joke he made her breasts bigger in the following issues and kept doing so till someone took notice.

It took a bit for someone to take notice.

Another version of it is told here... (link)

Okay. When the character was created Wally Wood was the artist that drew Power Girl, and he was convinced that the editors were not paying attention to anything he did. So, his inker said every issue I’m going to draw the tits bigger until they notice it. It took about seven or eight issues before anyone was like hey, what’s with the tits? And that’s where they stopped. True story.

Are there actually any worthwhile DLC's in there for dropping $6.80 on it?
As always, that depends on your definition of "worthwhile." There are at least two story DLCs. Most are costumes and such, but in the case of a Batman game, I'd want all of those anyway. It enhanced my experience in intangible but profound ways to play Arkham City as a Neal Adams Batman.

I question your eyesight considering you some how overlooked her breasts.... :lol:

Anyhow, as for Power Girl being a creepy fetish... She might be but there's actually a decent story around it...

PG is the Supergirl of another Earth (Earth 2 if memory serves me correct), by a different earth I really mean a different universe thats just how DC labels them, and to help tell the two characters apart PG's breasts where made slightly bigger by the artist... None of the powers that be made any comment on it so as a joke he made her breasts bigger in the following issues and kept doing so till someone took notice.

It took a bit for someone to take notice.
In my defense, if you just look at the still images on the store page, you only really see her(?) ass, and it's a doozy.

You misunderstood me, really. I meant that the concept of a human woman with a robot head is a weird and creepy fetish, even for the caliber of pervs that hang around at CAG. I have nothing against Power Girl, per se (and of course I noticed her breasts).

For $250 didn't seem too bad to have if you can install windows onto it?
Sure. Not as a "gaming computer" but as a general computer. If it came with Windows (anyone could install Windows onto it but that raises the cost and SteamOS is junk). For $250, it's not a bad computer and, if I didn't already own a family computer for Netflix and typing papers and cruising Facebook, etc then I'd certainly be interested in that one for $250. Plus, in that use, its smaller form is a benefit since I don't need a big box in the family room just to show off the internet machine.

Useful as a way of sharing some games with a friend I guess. Beyond that I don't see the appeal of using an inferior client for games I already have on steam.

flash.newegg.com has some deals on Skytech gaming PCs. Seem like decent prices for those who buy prebuilts and they use cool cases.

This one particularly looks like a not bad price for a maxed out gaming desktop:

http://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIA08C4UB5689
I wonder which my wife would notice first: the space age computer glowing on my desk or the $2,100 on the AmEx. :whistle2:k

That thing has to be a bitch to keep dust and scratch free. Looks neat though.

When you post things like this you are coming dangerously close to tearing my family apart.
lol..it is neat though and when I was doing a rough pricing out of the parts I don't think you are paying a huge premium to have the thing built for you with all the cable management and such.

I wonder which my wife would notice first: the space age computer glowing on my desk or the $2,100 on the AmEx. :whistle2:k

That thing has to be a bitch to keep dust and scratch free. Looks neat though.
lol. Yeah, dust would be an issue, but it does look supercool. Dust and possibly things falling on it/into it. I use my tower as an extension of my desk half the time with stuff piled on it.

Splurging on a prebuilt was what finally got me into PC gaming and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I do it again. Building from scratch sounds fun but I just don't have the time and patience these days to figure it all out.

It will probably be a few years before I really need to upgrade, but man, I like those cases!

Splurging on a prebuilt was what finally got me into PC gaming and I'm sure it's just a matter of time before I do it again. Building from scratch sounds fun but I just don't have the time and patience these days to figure it all out.

It will probably be a few years before I really need to upgrade, but man, I like those cases!
The case is only $130. You could buy it and pay the nerds at Best Buy to switch your components for you. That's what Mooby does.

Which case are you talking about? Link didn't work for me.

Took me a while to find them in the link too, but you can also just search for Skytech on Newegg and see a variety of their cases. They're all pretty neat.
Yeah, CAG always breaks Newegg links.

So if you go to flash.newegg.com search Skytech and it is the $2100 prebuilt.

If you go to newegg search for the Thermaltake Core P3 Snow. They also have the Core P5 in Black and Green.

so i got an email from steam saying Dungeonmans is on sale. i go to steam, and it isn't on sale. wtf, valve, wtf?

in other news the PTS for The Division is up for the public. go check it out if you wanna see the changes made.

so is there a way to know if games bought/redeemed on https://playfield.io will give you a steam key? There is a tremor game that redeems on playfield.io that I might get if it give a steam key.
I'm fairly certain Masterplan would, since I know they at least had that groupees bundle with Masterplan that gave playfield keys.

No idea about anything else.

Have to find the info on that alpha, but $250 would be a good deal for me from the specs posted. Would beat my current laptop (though the CPU might be close, since I know Dell loves crap mobile processors), and can't really swing $700-800 for something better (and don't want to console as most of my games are via PC).

bread's done
Back