Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I saw that one, but the red lighting clashes with my color scheme. Let me know if it's good and how loud it is.

Newegg started their Black Friday sale today. Not sure if anything good is in there.
If you don't care about Cherry MX switches you can find pretty cheap mechanical keyboard on Amazon from no name brands, example: https://smile.amazon.com/E-Element-X7200-Corlorful-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01EWQ0ED0/ref=sr_1_42?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479782709&sr=1-42&keywords=mechanical+keyboard+rgb

or even https://smile.amazon.com/Mengmoda-Backlit-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01D43FM7A/ref=sr_1_29?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479782709&sr=1-29&keywords=mechanical+keyboard+rgb

I tried this one when it was $10 cheaper https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I1N6J34/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was acutally pretty nice but switches didn't feel as good as my old non back lit monoprice one.

Oh and Amazon (and Newegg) have a $40 red switch mechanical keyboard (Gamdias Hermes Lite), come with a mouse too but meh. Give it a couple days and can say if it's any good or not, reviews all were pretty decent so took the jump.
The Gamdias keyboard doesn't seem to use Cherry Red switch BUT their own brand of "GAMDIAS Certified Red Switches" (whatever that means). So is not Cherry-branded red switches but I guess Red switches (or switches COLORED red...lol).

If it is like MX Cherry Red switches, then there shouldn't as much noise compared to Blues or Browns but you don't get the tactile "click" per press like the Blues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my first Cherry keyboard a few months ago with the K70 RGB Rapidfire. It may have cost me an arm and a leg, but it was worth it. I can't see myself going back to anything else.

Yeah, I have a cheap one from amazon with blue switches and I like it, but the bros always complain about the noise.

After a quick look through GMG's Black Friday Sale there's a coupla good deals that caught my eye ...

This War of Mine is $3.41 after the discount code BLACKFRIDAY10

The Detail Episode 2 is 50c after the discount

You get a free Mystery game with every purchase too.

So that makes Shadow Ninja: The Apocalypse a pretty good deal at 26c too since it has cards and gives you a free Mystery game.
FYI, GMG also does cashback now on certain websites, if that's your deal.

My free bundle trash game was literally called "Freebie", some 99¢ game on Steam.  But I somehow managed to avoid having it until now so at least I'll get cards out of it and Shadow Ninja for a 26¢ purchase.  I might get my cost down to 10¢!

I buy $15 keyboard+mouse bundles because bundles! Also easier to get a new set than it is to clean them. I could never understand the price premium on "gaming" gears.
Obviously you have never owned a really good keyboard and/or mouse. The different is night and day lol

Looks like some of the BF Amazon deals are slowly making their way to the US store.

i.e. Star Wars Battlefront retail is €12.99 on DE and just hit the US site at $16.99 - not advocating for that price, but its not bad.

The big ones are BF1 and Titanfall 2. Both are on sale at UK for £29.99 and £24.99. I would imagine both of those will hit the US store at some point over the next day or two. Also worth noting is that these two sales on UK site are for the digital version. Best Buy will have BF1 for 29.99 which is definite.

Yeah, I'm liking this thought of $24 Gears at BB, flip it for $40 at GS, grab CoD, trade it in, and you've then turned it into $33 at BB or $37.50 at GS. Might do that once, just to get a bit of extra credit at GS (I have some extra BB credit), but GameStop's still such a deal hellhole that I'm not sure what I'd do with credit there. XV2 can move some back to BB, but not nearly enough.
Yeah, I'm liking this thought of $24 Gears at BB, flip it for $40 at GS, grab CoD, trade it in, and you've then turned it into $33 at BB or $37.50 at GS. Might do that once, just to get a bit of extra credit at GS (I have some extra BB credit), but GameStop's still such a deal hellhole that I'm not sure what I'd do with credit there. XV2 can move some back to BB, but not nearly enough.

Dell.com has 2x 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitor w/ Stand + Cables on sale for $169.99 - $17 off promo code SAVETEN = $152.99Shipping is free. Thanks IAmTheCheapestFoxForStealingThisFromSD

Includes

• 2x 24" Dell UltraSharp U2412M Monitors
  • Dell Dual Monitor Stand
  • Cable Package

What's up with external hard drives that they're never forthcoming with the drive speeds?  That's just basic specs on an internal drive but, when it comes to externals, I have to hunt around and do a search for "XYZ Drive 5400" or "7200" to see what pops up.  Even sites like NewEgg doesn't usually have it in the specs tab.

Keeping my eye open for a good deal on an external drive (under $100) for the kid's Xbox One.  Console-kiddies away!

Can confirm a previous poster that Origin now has gifting and wishlisting features in the new Origin update. Wishlisting is useless because theres maybe 5 games I want on Origin, but gifting has got potential in respect to cross-platform trades with those wacky foreign sellers. Dunno how cross region is affected but EA has tended to be pretty lenient regionally.

What's up with external hard drives that they're never forthcoming with the drive speeds? That's just basic specs on an internal drive but, when it comes to externals, I have to hunt around and do a search for "XYZ Drive 5400" or "7200" to see what pops up. Even sites like NewEgg doesn't usually have it in the specs tab.

Keeping my eye open for a good deal on an external drive (under $100) for the kid's Xbox One. Console-kiddies away!
I think you meant to say you are looking to upgrade your Xbox One.

Some cheap prices on some LEGO games at GMG

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - Steam - $2.69 
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars™ - Steam - $2.69 
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - Steam - $2.69 
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - Steam - $2.69 

Its going to be $24.99 at Amazon Digital most likely, I stated two prices in my post (one for BF1 and one for TF2) if thats what you're referencing.
Also, wasn't the TF2 price only with the American Diner's Club card?

You getcher phone yet? What'dya think of it?
It got to my mailbox yesterday, picking it up later today. OnePlus 2 gets here Friday so I'll get to play with both before the LeMall BF sale. Got my coupons for the S3 and Pro 3 so the wife is going to decide by then if she wants to either get a Gold S3 or upgrade to the Pro 3.

Edit:

Any feedback on the one you got so far?

It got to my mailbox yesterday, picking it up later today. OnePlus 2 gets here Friday so I'll get to play with both before the LeMall BF sale. Got my coupons for the S3 and Pro 3 so the wife is going to decide by then if she wants to either get a Gold S3 or upgrade to the Pro 3.

Edit:

Any feedback on the one you got so far?
Up until this morning, I was convinced that claiming my $100 coupon flagged me NOT to get the Pro3 $20 coupon as well. But if I need to buy twelve televisions and six S3's, I'm golden.

Kid likes the S3. Great battery life and very fast charging with the 5v charger. The aluminum body is nice but slippery so you'll want to put the case on it ASAP. It comes with a clear gel case in the box. The UI is a hot mess but easily fixed with Nova Launcher or similar app. Wireless and 4G connections seem to be solid. All in all, it's been a win. He hasn't messed with the headphones yet or the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter.

What's up with external hard drives that they're never forthcoming with the drive speeds? That's just basic specs on an internal drive but, when it comes to externals, I have to hunt around and do a search for "XYZ Drive 5400" or "7200" to see what pops up. Even sites like NewEgg doesn't usually have it in the specs tab.

Keeping my eye open for a good deal on an external drive (under $100) for the kid's Xbox One. Console-kiddies away!
Wish I knew. I can only guess it's because the deciding factor in those is expected to be the USB speed.

Thats a pretty sweet deal
Is it? I haven't kept tabs on monitors, so don't know if those are a decent model. I suppose the looking up of one of them suggests it's a good deal (2 $200 monitors and a mount for $170). I need to get a monitor or two for my PC actually, and that's tempting. The problem I see is that they don't have HDMI, and my card doesn't have VGA, so I wouldn't immediately have the means to set it up (I'd need to order a DisplayPort cable and connect one via that and the other via the included DVI).

I think you meant to say you are looking to upgrade your Xbox One.
Did you quote me above for something?

Up until this morning, I was convinced that claiming my $100 coupon flagged me NOT to get the Pro3 $20 coupon as well. But if I need to buy twelve televisions and six S3's, I'm golden.

Kid likes the S3. Great battery life and very fast charging with the 5v charger. The aluminum body is nice but slippery so you'll want to put the case on it ASAP. It comes with a clear gel case in the box. The UI is a hot mess but easily fixed with Nova Launcher or similar app. Wireless and 4G connections seem to be solid. All in all, it's been a win. He hasn't messed with the headphones yet or the USB-C to 3.5mm adapter.
Nice. And yeah, I heard the UI probably sucked, but it allowed launchers. Ordered a case so that shouldn't be an issue though didn't realize it came with one. That's nice. I got the LePro coupon on Day 1 and the S3 on Day 3 so I'm set, although I may not even need them.

That's one of the most disturbing things I have ever seen......
boys-have-a-penis-girls-have-a-vagina.gif

bread's done
Back