Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Nice. And yeah, I heard the UI probably sucked, but it allowed launchers.

boys-have-a-penis-girls-have-a-vagina.gif
It only sucks if, for some reason, you DON'T want an array of videos to pop up when you hit the center icon where the app drawer would be. "OH HAI U WANT 2 WATCH SUM HGTV NOW????"

You need to pop onto R6 some night so Spoder stops silently judging me for playing solo Terror Hunt.

In my email just now...

We are currently in the last days of a fundraising effort to renew our very first game release, The Endless Forest, a free multiplayer online game where everyone plays a deer.
Just in case you guys want to get in on the ground floor of MMO-SimDeer. It even looks like it has zombie-deer for Fox because of course it does.

ubogcynkb0wznwn8qkjt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI

If you bought a GTX 970, you're entitled to compensation via the class action lawsuit, but you MUST file a claim. I've been waiting for news on this from Newegg for a while, but the site to file has been online a while now and the deadline is November 30th. Its worth $30 per GPU if you do.

https://www.gtx970settlement.com/Home.aspx

Takes about 3 minutes to file. You'll need your invoice from the retailer you purchased it from (i.e. on Newegg you click print invoice and save as PDF) and the serial or Device ID. I didnt want to open my case, but the Device ID is easily accessible via System Info in Nvidia Control Panel.

Been looking for any Steam Wallet deals but haven't found anything. Anyone know of any deals? Newegg has got a pretty good deal on Microsoft creit when you stack AMEX offers, but it requires spending over $200.

Been looking for any Steam Wallet deals but haven't found anything. Anyone know of any deals? Newegg has got a pretty good deal on Microsoft creit when you stack AMEX offers, but it requires spending over $200.
They're hit and miss. Sometimes there will be Ebay sellers (not Paypal Digital Gifts) that will have them for a good deal and its always wise to take a look in the cesspool here for people selling them, but as for a retailer they're a rarity. I've only seen places like Target and stores that I dont have near me (Fry's and Fred Meyer) do it. Maybe Best Buy once or twice. Another place to look is the subreddit Gift Cards. Its obviously another peer to peer option, but Ive gotten some great deals there.

I've gotten them off of here with some success, but they dont discount often.

Just noticed that the new Hitman game is 50% off until tomorrow. I highly recommend it, I have over 100 hours on it.

Sorry if this has been posted before (couldn't find it).

Enviado de meu Moto G (4) usando Tapatalk

The only deal I know of right now is Family Dollar offering 10% off Steam Wallet cards through tomorrow.

Some cheap prices on some LEGO games at GMG

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - Steam - $2.69
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars™ - Steam - $2.69
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - Steam - $2.69
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - Steam - $2.69
Uh...

2dgRDTs.jpg

Hm.

Edit: Those discounts sound like the kind of discounts that happen whenever a game is about to be pulled from the store...

Some cheap prices on some LEGO games at GMG

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game - Steam - $2.69
LEGO Star Wars III - The Clone Wars™ - Steam - $2.69
LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures - Steam - $2.69
LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues - Steam - $2.69
I never saw any of those prices on the LEGO games when I checked this morning. Were these glitched or is this for Black Friday?

I never saw any of those prices on the LEGO games when I checked this morning. Were these glitched or is this for Black Friday?
Dont know, it was posted in a group announcement from one that is fairly reliable (hence the Steam colored text), I didnt check for myself cause I didnt really care and was just info sharing.

Dont know, it was posted in a group announcement from one that is fairly reliable (hence the Steam colored text), I didnt check for myself cause I didnt really care and was just info sharing.
No problem. I was just curious and tempted at the LEGO Indiana Jones games. So thanks for posting the info.

Now that I think about it, those LEGO games are tied to Disney Interactive / LucasArts. So along with Foxhack's post about GMG's Black Friday Disney Games sale, I think it's safe to say those games and prices will show up on Friday.

Mystery solved, Aww jyeah! :D/

Damn, should have jumped on it last night. Went back up to $30 today =/.
It didn't go back up, it's that Amazon is sold out of it (or at least appears to be). The one that's currently listed at $29.90 is being sold by games_for_sale, but is fulfilled by Amazon. The PS4 and X1 versions are still $9.99 since Amazon still has them in stock.

Lucked out and there was a Family Dollar in the strip mall of this new Chinese restaurant I tried today. Impulse bought three $20 Steam cards, but likely will only keep one for the off chance Mafia III is $30 directly on Steam. As usual, will probably sell the extras on here at cost when I decide not to use them.

Did the "sales" part of Steamgifts disappear?

If so, where can I go to see sales on my wishlist games?
Sales are listed as Special Offers now under the Featured Box. Best bet on your wishlist is if you have Enhanced Steam installed, go to the Wishlist and sort by Discount.

OK. DA:I is $3.75 vanilla, $5 deluxe and $10.something GOTY. I read only one of the dlcs is a MUST have (because cliffhanging ending), but bioware's dlcs never goes on sale. So... GOTY, right? I don't think it will be lower than this

Sales are listed as Special Offers now under the Featured Box. Best bet on your wishlist is if you have Enhanced Steam installed, go to the Wishlist and sort by Discount.
Been using steamenhance for years, you'd think I'd know about this feature

Edit: Although it's not as convenient as steamgifts, I dont wanna scroll through my whole wishlist. And I don't see this "Featured" box on steamgifts

Regarding the Division, yes I understand that it is mainly considered multiplayer. Is single player viable for this title?
The Division is not mainly multiplayer at all. It's much more a single player experience, with some amount of grouping for dungeons, or if you want to team up for the Dark Zone. It's a mixed bag where you can take either focus and be just fine.

Regarding the Division, yes I understand that it is mainly considered multiplayer. Is single player viable for this title?
Only if you appreciate a good nighttime blizzard. The nighttime blizzards in The Division are the most beautiful I've ever seen in a game, especially if you're standing near some Xmas light. Really pretty.

4K monitor arrived today. Got the Samsung 28'' 4K monitor hooked-up here to my desktop.

Loving the amount of work-space here on the desktop + in windows; and crispness of having the 4K here w/ the way more number of pixels. Looks way better than my 23'' HP 1080p monitor.

Gonna have to throw some games at it soon.

Side note: Moved 23'' HP monitor over to my gaming laptop. Life is good.

4K monitor + benchmarking talk w/ my 970. 

WWE 2K16 runs pretty sweet at 4K. 25-30fps on entrances + 50-60fps when in-game with no sort of AA. Don't even need AA here at 4K. I can dig this. Looks great + runs well.

Dying Light is a whole other ball of wax entirely. At Medium settings at 4K, we're talking round 35 frames tops. Low has been in the 20's. Meh. I don't even want to imagine anything else at 4K for this game b/c going any higher, it'd probably be in the teens and/or slideshow territory. 1440p seems to be the sweet spot here, as it's around 50-60fps with most stuff turned up to max.

So...better than expected so far. Will toss more at this, soon enough.

Extremely viable.
What INMATE said. I probably only grouped up with other people for about 5 of the 100+ hours I spent in The Division. The drop-in matchmaking works pretty well also, if you ever feel the urge. I started up a new character just last week and the tutorial area seemed to be relatively well populated, so it's not completely dead yet.

Winter Sale Event leaked?

Code:
/*
	{
	categoryid
	label
	appid	o
	writein	o
	}
 */
function InitSteamAwardNominationDialog(appid, appname, rgCategories) {
    $J('.show_nomination_dialog').click(function () {
        var $PageElement = $J(this);
        if (!g_AccountID) {
            // prompt for login
            ShowConfirmDialog('Community\'s Choice',
				'You need to log in first before you can vote.',
				'Login'
			).done(function () {
			    window.location = 'https://store.steampowered.com/login/?redir=app%2F__APPID__'.replace(/__APPID__/, appid);
			});
            return;
        }

var $Form = $J('', { 'class': 'steamward_nominate_form' });

var bFoundCurrentApp = false;

for (var i = 0; i < rgCategories.length; i++) {
            var oCategory = rgCategories[i];
            var id = 'category' + oCategory.categoryid;
            var $Row = $J('', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_row' });

var $Div = $J('', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_content' });
            var $Radio = $J('', { type: 'radio', id: id, name: 'nomination_category', value: oCategory.categoryid });

$Row.append($Radio.wrap($J('', { 'class': 'radio_ctn' })).parent(), $Div);

$Div.append($J('', { 'for': id }).html(oCategory.label));

$Radio.change(function () {
                if ($J(this).prop('checked'))
                    $J(this).parents('.steamaward_nomination_row').addClass('selected').siblings().removeClass('selected');
                else
                    $J(this).parents('.steamaward_nomination_row').removeClass('selected');
            });

if (oCategory.appid == appid) {
                $Radio.prop('checked', true).change();
                bFoundCurrentApp = true;
            }

if (oCategory.is_writein) {
                var $WriteInDiv = $J('', { 'class': 'writein_ctn' });
                var $WriteInInput = $J('', { 'id': id + '_writein', 'name': id + '_writein', 'type': 'text', 'value': oCategory.write_in_name || '' });
                $WriteInDiv.append(
					$J('', { 'for': id + '_writein' }).text('Your category suggestion:'),
					$J('', { 'class': 'gray_bevel for_text_input' }).append($WriteInInput)
				);

$Div.append($WriteInDiv);

$WriteInInput.keypress(function () {
                    if ($J(this).val())
                        $J(this).parents('.steamaward_nomination_row').find('input[type=radio]').prop('checked', true).change();
                });
            }
            $Form.append($Row);
        }

if (bFoundCurrentApp) {
            // remove option
            var id = 'category_remove';

var $Row = $J('', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_row remove_row' });

var $Div = $J('', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_content' });
            var $Radio = $J('', { type: 'radio', id: id, name: 'nomination_category', value: 0 });

$Row.append($Radio.wrap($J('', { 'class': 'radio_ctn' })).parent(), $Div);

$Div.append($J('', { 'for': id }).html('None - Withdraw nomination for %s'.replace(/%s/, appname)));

$J(this).parents('.steamaward_nomination_row').addClass('selected').siblings().removeClass('selected');
                else
            });

$Form.append($Row);
        }

// build the display
        var $Dialog = $J('');
        $Dialog.append($J('', { 'class': 'steamawards_nomination_intro' }).html('Which award would you like to nominate %s for?'.replace(/%s/, appname)));
        $Dialog.append($Form);
        $Dialog.append($J('', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_learnmore' }).append($J('', { 'href': 'http://store.steampowered.com/faq' }).text('Learn more about the Steam Awards')));

var fnSubmit = function () {
            var categoryid = $Form.find('input[name=nomination_category]:checked').val();
            var writein = $Form.find('#category' + categoryid + '_writein').val();

$J.post('https://store.steampowered.com/promotion/nominategame', {
                sessionid: g_sessionID,
                appid: appid,
                categoryid: categoryid,
                writein: writein
            }).done(function (data) {
                // update the metadata
                rgCategories = data.rgCategories;
                $PageElement.html(data.page_html);
            }).fail(function () {
                ShowAlertDialog('Error', 'There was a problem saving your changes.  Please try again later.');
            });
        };

var Modal = ShowConfirmDialog('Nominate Game', $Dialog, 'Save')
			.done(function () {
			    fnSubmit();
			});

$Form.submit(function (e) {
            e.preventDefault();
            Modal.Dismiss();
        });

});
}

Winter Sale Event leaked?

Code:
/*
	{
	categoryid
	label
	appid	o
	writein	o
	}
 */
function InitSteamAwardNominationDialog(appid, appname, rgCategories) {
    $J('.show_nomination_dialog').click(function () {
        var $PageElement = $J(this);
        if (!g_AccountID) {
            // prompt for login
            ShowConfirmDialog('Community\'s Choice',
				'You need to log in first before you can vote.',
				'Login'
			).done(function () {
			    window.location = 'https&#58;//store.steampowered.com/login/?redir=app%2F__APPID__'.replace(/__APPID__/, appid);
			});
            return;
        }

var $Form = $J('&lt;form/&gt;', { 'class': 'steamward_nominate_form' });

var bFoundCurrentApp = false;

for (var i = 0; i &lt; rgCategories.length; i++) {
            var oCategory = rgCategories&#91;i];
            var id = 'category' + oCategory.categoryid;
            var $Row = $J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_row' });

var $Div = $J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_content' });
            var $Radio = $J('&lt;input/&gt;', { type: 'radio', id: id, name: 'nomination_category', value: oCategory.categoryid });

$Row.append($Radio.wrap($J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'radio_ctn' })).parent(), $Div);

$Div.append($J('&lt;label/&gt;', { 'for': id }).html(oCategory.label));

else
            });

if (oCategory.appid == appid) {
                $Radio.prop('checked', true).change();
                bFoundCurrentApp = true;
            }

if (oCategory.is_writein) {
                var $WriteInDiv = $J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'writein_ctn' });
                var $WriteInInput = $J('&lt;input/&gt;', { 'id': id + '_writein', 'name': id + '_writein', 'type': 'text', 'value': oCategory.write_in_name || '' });
                $WriteInDiv.append(
					$J('&lt;label/&gt;', { 'for': id + '_writein' }).text('Your category suggestion:'),
					$J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'gray_bevel for_text_input' }).append($WriteInInput)
				);

$Div.append($WriteInDiv);

$WriteInInput.keypress(function () {
                    if ($J(this).val())
                        $J(this).parents('.steamaward_nomination_row').find('input&#91;type=radio]').prop('checked', true).change();
                });
            }
            $Form.append($Row);
        }

if (bFoundCurrentApp) {
            // remove option
            var id = 'category_remove';

var $Row = $J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_row remove_row' });

var $Div = $J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_content' });
            var $Radio = $J('&lt;input/&gt;', { type: 'radio', id: id, name: 'nomination_category', value: 0 });

$Row.append($Radio.wrap($J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'radio_ctn' })).parent(), $Div);

$Div.append($J('&lt;label/&gt;', { 'for': id }).html('None - Withdraw nomination for %s'.replace(/%s/, appname)));

else
            });

$Form.append($Row);
        }

// build the display
        var $Dialog = $J('&lt;div/&gt;');
        $Dialog.append($J('&lt;p/&gt;', { 'class': 'steamawards_nomination_intro' }).html('Which award would you like to nominate %s for?'.replace(/%s/, appname)));
        $Dialog.append($Form);
        $Dialog.append($J('&lt;div/&gt;', { 'class': 'steamaward_nomination_learnmore' }).append($J('&lt;a/&gt;', { 'href': 'http&#58;//store.steampowered.com/faq' }).text('Learn more about the Steam Awards')));

var fnSubmit = function () {
            var categoryid = $Form.find('input&#91;name=nomination_category]:checked').val();
            var writein = $Form.find('#category' + categoryid + '_writein').val();

$J.post('https&#58;//store.steampowered.com/promotion/nominategame', {
                sessionid: g_sessionID,
                appid: appid,
                categoryid: categoryid,
                writein: writein
            }).done(function (data) {
                // update the metadata
                rgCategories = data.rgCategories;
                $PageElement.html(data.page_html);
            }).fail(function () {
                ShowAlertDialog('Error', 'There was a problem saving your changes.  Please try again later.');
            });
        };

var Modal = ShowConfirmDialog('Nominate Game', $Dialog, 'Save')
			.done(function () {
			    fnSubmit();
			});

$Form.submit(function (e) {
            e.preventDefault();
            Modal.Dismiss();
        });

});
}
Can you post this in english

It just adds community voting and "awards" to rank games. Like the ones they used to do, where all the dumbasses would vote for bundle fodder instead of deals on games we actually wanted.

bread's done
Back