Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
I'm not a big SLI believer, but for this price, I'm thinking of getting a second one. Though I only have a 1080p monitor so maybe it's just a waste.
That'd probably be a waste at 1080p.

At 1080p w/ High to Ultra settings - most games are 60FPS for me on my 970, except Batman: AK.

For Batman: AK, have to use 30FPS cap to keep it stable b/c that game's unoptimized garbage w/ roller-coaster rises + drops w/ the 60FPS instituted.

Last edited by a moderator:
EVGA is still the best brand and the only card they had issues with was the 1080 since they derped
They also fucked up the cooling system on their early aftermarket model 970s. Quality has slipped the last few years. Still have great customer service though, which helps.

So if your card does burst into flames, they'll send you another one, which may or may not burst into flames as well. Customer Service +++.

Bro News:

Flock event from tonight was rescheduled to next week because something came up (Weiler's mom) so Bah is unavailable.

Spoder said he is going to play Dead by Daylight with "a friend" but you might be able to join up with him potentially.  I'll probably pass because I have a lot of work (Bah's mom).  

Flock

Bah
1284719828_dramatic-sheep.gif

https://twitter.com/steam_games/status/806367236202106880

1253886001_office-no.gif

Incidentally, there's no key on our Humble Neo Geo Bundle pages. Yet. I expect it to show up in the next few days.

Shittles of Moarderp -- Worth the $2 I paid (thanks President Elect Trumpcat) but I dunno why people fawn over it.  Combat is fun but it can get pretty tedious; especially in camps where fifty guards come running.  I suppose that's the challenge because most of the captains/warchiefs aren't that difficult on their own.  The boss fights -- if you can call them that -- were laughably bad.  It and Mad Max seem like shallow/low budget productions when compared to their obvious forefather: the Arkham series.  At least with the Arkham games you had a great story and voice acting.  Mad Max's saving grace was the driving.

Wolfenstein: the new derper -- liked about half, hated the other half.  When they let you shoot it was a good FPS.  But it gets bogged down in these Half-Life 2 walking/exposition bits and cinematics every ten minutes.  Max... HASS?!?!?  Would be nice if they could make s pure shooter.  Hopefully the next installment of Serious Sam delivers.  No need for Polish waifus to nurse me back to health and become muh all and everything in t3h wurld.

Shittles of Moarderp -- Worth the $2 I paid (thanks President Elect Trumpcat) but I dunno why people fawn over it. Combat is fun but it can get pretty tedious; especially in camps where fifty guards come running.

Wolfenstein: the new derper -- liked about half, hated the other half. When they let you shoot it was a good FPS. But it gets bogged down in these Half-Life 2 walking/exposition bits and cinematics every ten minutes. Max... HASS?!?!? Would be nice if they could make s pure shooter.
Agreed on Mordor. I got bored with it eventually because the 50-orc slogs were tedious. Liked combat in Mad Max more since you could actually concentrate on one or two guys at a time and do some fun combat moves. Mordor felt like I was just button mashing or exploiting climb/jump/assassinate thirty times in a row.

Wolfenstein: You should try The Old Blood which is essentially The New Order with maybe 10% of the plot/characters/voice acting/etc. No finding toys for brain damaged giants or "I dropped our only hammer in the toilet, go save it!" nonsense to get in the way of your Nazi killing.

Assassin's Creed III (or 3, whichever you prefer), the one with the Native American protagonist, is now available for free to download and play, or just add to your library, which is what i did because i played it when it came out, on the uplay client. Enjoy, or don't, whatevs...

Assassin's Creed III (or 3, whichever you prefer), the one with the Native American protagonist, is now available for free to download and play, or just add to your library, which is what i did because i played it when it came out, on the uplay client. Enjoy, or don't, whatevs...
The "shit one" is the preferred nomenclature.

It's an exceptionally boring game once you get past the prologue and the modern day storyline conclusion is piss poor. It used to suffer from major technical issues, but they've largely been cleared up and with modern hardware most won't have an issue. The main character sucks ass though and the large map is full of dead zones with nothing going on in them. There are a few missions that are fun and the opening 2-3 hours with the different character are very good, but as a relative fan of the Ass Creed series, III is the worst game of them all. I can see an argument one may have for the first game being the worst, but I largely can give that one a pass considering it was a new IP.

I still think AC1 is still the worst one of the club. While AC1 was a new IP, a lot of the series' problems of the AC series began here. The biggest problem is probably the cut+paste issue of voice-acting + side-missions types - AC1 absolutely takes the cake for this one. AC1 set the trend for (often) bad + anti-climatic endings that many of the games unfortunately followed with, in most instances - i.e. AC1, AC2, ACB, etc. Let's also not forget how the game, for the most part, is a stealth game for the 1st 1/3rd, but then suddenly in the last 1/3rd becomes a back-loaded action-fest, which this game never ever needed. Plus, this game on the PC ran like garbage on most PC's at that time when it was new - yes, including mine. It was a cool title b/c it was a new IP for the time, but extremely flawed.

I think AC: Revelations was the start of the fall of AC series - and is often where I place the game that belonds next-to-worst AC game. TBH, the series really didn't bounce back until AC4: Black Flag when more different types of traversals (namely Pirate ships!!!!) besides running, jumping, and platforming everywhere were introduced into the game's core+main gameplay (among other things). Of course, AC Unity wasn't anything special either b/c it tried too much to be like earlier AC games in design+gameplay, but it certainly bounced back again with AC: Syndicate b/c they learned from Black Flag that different traversals can break-up the typical AC problem (i.e. buggies, carriages, etc).

AC: Revelations might have one of the better stories, character developments (i.e. this was the game where actually Altair's character became less of a jerk + had more dimensions to it) & it wrap-ups b/c it ended both Ezio + Altair's story, pretty much - but the new game-play type of the side missions absolutely sucked here - the Tower Defense mission + the Portal-like puzzles were poorly executed & put together.

AC3 certainly wasn't anything special and suffers for a lot of "too much of the same" in the gameplay department, but its story is absolutely over-the-top + ridiculous (Connor showing up at just about every important meeting for the Foundation of USA + every major important event in early Boston history); and Connor is easily the worst character in AC history. Connor could've been interesting, given his background + the opening events of the game - but just like Aiden in Watch Dogs, UbiSoft did nothing w/ making Connor take a stand for much of anything & is just a flat-out dull one-dimensional character. At least the setting of Boston, NY, and whatnot during the foundation of USA was a really cool + interesting setting.

TL;DR:

I have it look like this -- AC2 > ACB > AC4 > ACS > AC3 > AC Rev > AC1.

ACU, unsure where it belongs yet; never finished it.

I'm guessing there is no point in trying to redeem this if I already have ACIII on Steam (which runs Uplay also)?

It seems that the single Uplay Pentium II server has crashed due to the popularity of this giveaway.

I'm guessing there is no point in trying to redeem this if I already have ACIII on Steam (which runs Uplay also)?

It seems that the single Uplay Pentium II server has crashed due to the popularity of this giveaway.
Apparently you get free uplay badge if you redeem every game.

Edit: It means no.

Anyone else having trouble logging into Ubi store?

Black Flag is still the best Assassin's Creed and always will be because it's not really an Assassin's Creed game. The only bad parts of that game were the moments where it actually felt like you were playing Assassin's Creed.

Black Flag was fun until I finished all the open world pirate stuff and then it wanted me to trail two yabbering idiots for ten minutes.  Which was still leagues better than playing Black Flag so I could get yelled at by an IT guy in an office building.

Really, I just want a pirate game.

Really, I just want a pirate game.
Yea, a dedicated pirate series would be nice.

I remember when I was a kid, I had a Sega Master System and there was this game coming out for it called Captain Silver. I didnt know it was an arcade game but I got it for Xmas that year. What a bunch of shit that game was. Collect the letters and fight dragons and weird looking beasts that put Fox's mom to shame. I was only 7, I just wanted to rape, pillage, and destroy not fight fucking dragons with dog heads and stupid goofy shit. The Japanese were no good at pirates.

do you know something or is that just wishful thinking?
When the Neo Geo rebundle was released, we had keys for four more games added, and we had keys added for Shock Troopers 2nd Squad and The Last Blade recently. So it makes sense they'll add the rest of the keys when the games are released on Steam.

So, where do I get all of the Ass Creed games for free again? Did I need to do some exclusive event or purchase anything from the Ubi store? Is this just for one game and joki is bragging about having the rest?

So, where do I get all of the Ass Creed games for free again? Did I need to do some exclusive event or purchase anything from the Ubi store? Is this just for one game and joki is bragging about having the rest?
Through Ubi30/Ubi Club. No purchase required. Just login, accept the age restriction and it gets added to your Uplay library.

It's just for Ass. Creed III. The other games Madjoki mentioned were the other games given away (one per month) for the Ubisoft 30th Anniversary. If you claimed all 7 giveaways you get a badge.

I believe the other games previously given away are also going to be available for free again later this month as part of their advent calendar promotion.

I managed to get the game, finally.

But of course the damn client won't let me log in. :|

Edit: Okay it logged in but it won't let me see what DLC this actually has. I guess Madjoki got lucky?

I managed to get the game, finally.

But of course the damn client won't let me log in. :|

Edit: Okay it logged in but it won't let me see what DLC this actually has. I guess Madjoki got lucky?
Madjoki doesn't get lucky - he makes his own luck. ;)

I'm guessing he found a way to get all the DLC while the rest of us peons couldn't login.

Shittles of Moarderp -- Worth the $2 I paid (thanks President Elect Trumpcat) but I dunno why people fawn over it. Combat is fun but it can get pretty tedious; especially in camps where fifty guards come running. I suppose that's the challenge because most of the captains/warchiefs aren't that difficult on their own. The boss fights -- if you can call them that -- were laughably bad. It and Mad Max seem like shallow/low budget productions when compared to their obvious forefather: the Arkham series. At least with the Arkham games you had a great story and voice acting. Mad Max's saving grace was the driving.
Agreed...it was an alright game, but nowhere near as good as people seem to think it is. It's Arkham light meets Assassin's Creed. Pretty poor stealth mechanics, very repetitive, and combat that is somewhere between Mad Max and Arkham's quality. I finished the game, but don't see myself replaying it. Might finish the dlc later but after that I can't imagine when I would want to pick it up again.

bread's done
Back