Steam+ Deals Mega Thread (All PC Gaming Deals)

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
This thread will attempt to provide a place to discuss past/present/future PC gaming deals. While mainly focusing on Steam games, any standout sales may also be presented. I will not be updating every Daily/Weekly/etc. sale. The tools to help individuals become a smarter shopper will be provided below.

See this POST for links to store sale pages, threads of interest and other tools to help you become a more informed PC game shopper.

Last edited:
Since the Steam Link is only $20 today and I've pretty much gone back to being a console barf bag I'm thinking of grabbing one. How stupid is that? Scale of 1-10, please, preferably from people who have experienced the Link for themselves.
I picked on up for $19.99 and it is better than I thought. Haven't tried the keyboard mouse thing with it but for games that go well with a controller, I'd say do it.

Since the Steam Link is only $20 today and I've pretty much gone back to being a console barf bag I'm thinking of grabbing one. How stupid is that? Scale of 1-10, please, preferably from people who have experienced the Link for themselves.
I would definitely pick it up. Pretty cool little device honestly.

About a 3.

I don't have great internet (15 Mbps on a really good day), but I have the Link plugged into the router and my computer I'm streaming from plugged into a repeater and I can stream anything that runs well on my computer to my living room with no artefacts or hiccups. I haven't fooled with it much (it was an early Xmas present), but the only real limitations for me have been my hardware. Also, unless you have 100+ Mbps internet, don't try to go wireless with it. I did conduct that experiment the other day and I had the exact opposite experience--nothing loaded. It works fine with my XBOX 360 wired controller and it works okay with the DualShock 3s I have, but if you're not using an XBOXesque controller, you'll still have to sort-of guess what XYAB prompts mean on your device.

I hope that helps you make a foolish decision. (We got mine the last time it was on sale for $20 on Amazon, Black Fridayish.)
I'm not even sure what you are talking about here honestly. Typical routers run a 10/100 or 10/100/1000 connection over LAN which will more than suffice for this. This actually has nothing to do with internet at all. To be completely honest I've run GTA V over wireless and it isn't horrible. Were there hiccups, yes. Did it completely ruin the experience, no. I hope you mean a wireless repeater is what you are plugged into. Cat5e and Cat6 can run 300' before attenuation occurs. Routers regenerate the signal so unless you live in a castle I'm sure there is something else going on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Steam link is very small. You can barely see it under my TV. That is the extent of my experience with it since I bought it.

Season 2! :whee:

...October 2018 :wall:
westworld-4.gif

My only favorite remaining part of a Steam sale is viewing my friend activity and seeing what everyone has bought.

You know, since Valve has taken away any remaining trace of a fun sale.

About 8 hours, or in terms you'll understand better, 1/3000th of your State of Derpcay play time.
Also I'm guessing it would run terribly on my now antiquated 770.

Anyway, in case anyone still hasn't bought Derp Rising 3 it's now $8. Pretty solid deal from Capcom.

Your external internet connection has no bearing on how well the link works, its all internal to your network. Course internal wired works best, usually people with issues are running everything wireless, either the link or the desktop their streaming from
I was concerned that my setup would be a problem because I don't have a true wired connection to my computer (I don't have a cable connection in the room where my computer is located). I have a pseudo-wired connection thanks to my range extender with Ethernet ports.

watch movies downstairs.
I keep forgetting that I want to try this with those Devolver Digital movies I have on Steam. It's funny--I can't stand the idea of sitting in the living room playing something like Fallout 3 on the PS3 for hours on end, but I also hate the idea of sitting in the library (computer room) watching a movie on the computer for hours.

I'm not even sure what you are talking about here honestly. Typical routers run a 10/100 or 10/100/1000 connection over LAN which will more than suffice for this. This actually has nothing to do with internet at all. To be completely honest I've run GTA V over wireless and it isn't horrible. Were there hiccups, yes. Did it completely ruin the experience, no. I hope you mean a wireless repeater is what you are plugged into. Cat5e and Cat6 can run 300' before attenuation occurs. Routers regenerate the signal so unless you live in a castle I'm sure there is something else going on there.
In fairness, I'm not sure I know what you're talking about either. However, that may just be because you know a lot more about what you're talking about than I do. Anyway, the computers I'm using are plugged into a repeater, yes. The Link is plugged into the router, which is in the same room as the TV. And I can assure you that my 1200ish-square-foot house is NOT a castle!

just keep in mind they are running dailies. So if its not daily it could get a price drop. Already seen the butthurt flow because people couldnt put two and two together
Are they though? The wording is "Today's highlighted deals", which is what they also did during the autumn sale and the deals didn't change for the whole duration, the front page deals were only to bring attention to certain deals, the deals themselves did not appear to be specific to the date they were highlighted. So, are we sure the current deals aren't already locked in until the end of the sale? Cause that's what it looks like to me.

So is the Arkham Knight DLC worth it? How much actual content does it add in terms of play time?
I think I only played the Harley Quinn one, it was dumb and really short, made me not want top play the other ones.

Are they though? The wording is "Today's highlighted deals", which is what they also did during the autumn sale and the deals didn't change for the whole duration, the front page deals were only to bring attention to certain deals, the deals themselves did not appear to be specific to the date they were highlighted. So, are we sure the current deals aren't already locked in until the end of the sale? Cause that's what it looks like to me.
Maybe its different on the gearVR store but on the oculus store they are most definitely running dailies. They had EVE and the climb for 50% off on the first day and then they went back to smaller discount (on eve at least it went to a 33% off to match the steam price)

-edit

yea they are most definitely doing dailies on the gearvr store as well:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/

todays are jump and dead secret

So is the Arkham Knight DLC worth it? How much actual content does it add in terms of play time?
It depends. I would say its worth it dirt cheap. The added-on story stuff (Harley, Batgirl, etc.) is all short, but I liked most of it. It adds some missions/villains to the base game as well. They're mostly shallow but still play worthy. If you like the challenge stuff it adds a bit of that as well and that can be fun. If you dont own the game, 9.99 for the premium edition is very good value. 9.99 for the SP by itself is not, it should be half that.

Okay. About the Link. A wired connection to my PC is out of the question, but I could potentially connect it to my router. Would that enhance my gameplay experience if I were to theoretically use this thing that I will never use?

In six months my son will find the Link behind the TV and throw it in the toilet. I'll write a post about it.

Okay. About the Link. A wired connection to my PC is out of the question, but I could potentially connect it to my router. Would that enhance my gameplay experience if I were to theoretically use this thing that I will never use?

In six months my son will find the Link behind the TV and throw it in the toilet. I'll write a post about it.
It may work fine like that. Depends how good the wireless is between you pc and router.

POWERLINE ADAPTER.

Humble Monthly has ruined sales for me. They've done a darn good job of ticking games off my wish list. I look at a games like Enter the Gungeon or Darkest Dungeon and can only think, "why would I buy you when you'll probably be in a 12 buck bundle with other games?"
My problem with some of the games looking at, a few I'd buy at their current prices but get that creeping doubt in my mind "but...it might be in a monthly soon if it's THAT cheap now.."

I could swear that Fable Anniversary MSRP got raised.  Remember it being on sale for $5 before.

Batman Origins SP is finally on sale 50% off for $10.

Best sale ever

Maybe its different on the gearVR store but on the oculus store they are most definitely running dailies. They had EVE and the climb for 50% off on the first day and then they went back to smaller discount (on eve at least it went to a 33% off to match the steam price)

-edit

yea they are most definitely doing dailies on the gearvr store as well:

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/gear-vr/

todays are jump and dead secret
Just got my Wingsuit game for 5 bucks cheaper on the Rift Store than on Steam... spent the last 3 hrs crashing into mountains. :p

Does anyone want to split the second tier (Tier 2) on the Nemesis Bundle from Bundle Stars? Out of the 12 games you get, I only want 3 of the games. (Shadow Blade, Hue, and Worms Clans) you can have all the other games. Please PM me. 

Just got my Wingsuit game for 5 bucks cheaper on the Rift Store than on Steam... spent the last 3 hrs crashing into mountains. :p
Yea I grabbed a few things on the oculus store when the sale started, mostly stuff 3$ and under like bombsquad and thrills n chills. Also grabbed eve since 50% is probably good for a while on there, and same goes for the climb. Anything requiring multiplayer or not explicitly stating cross-platform multiplayer I wait for steam. Even if it does state crossplay it can still be iffy depending on how they've setup matchmaking

I love that you can already buy Watch Dog 2 legit somewhere for just over 30 bucks and it's been out one whole month.  (and Ubisoft isn't exactly the most caring game company)  Meanwhile, greedy ass RockStar thinks GTA 5 is worth 30 bucks still.

I love that you can already buy Watch Dog 2 legit somewhere for just over 30 bucks and it's been out one whole month. (and Ubisoft isn't exactly the most caring game company) Meanwhile, greedy ass RockStar thinks GTA 5 is worth 30 bucks still.
y u no bai gta5 pc wen $20 from d2d on valentine day 2016?

y u no bai gta5 pc wen $20 from d2d on valentine day 2016?
Cuz me wants it for 12.50 tops. Besides, if I were going to spend that much money, I'd just go over to Witcher 3 GOTY edition and plunk it down there since it's apparently one of the best games ever made and LOADED with content for that price. (which I've seriously considered doing this year anyway)

There are like 20 games I feel like I've been waiting to drop price for like 4 sales now and it's just not happening. There are now a number of titles that have been consistently cheaper on console (I wound up buying DS3 and the season pass for like 40 bucks black friday after seeing the base game was 30 on steam). I have 80 bucks in my steam wallet and I'm debating just splurging for witcher 3 goty since it's probably gonna take me like 4 years to spend all this at this rate anyway

Cuz me wants it for 12.50 tops. Besides, if I were going to spend that much money, I'd just go over to Witcher 3 GOTY edition and plunk it down there since it's apparently one of the best games ever made and LOADED with content for that price. (which I've seriously considered doing this year anyway)
Fair enough @ the cheap factor. We all want our games cheaper. :)

But, we also have to take into account a few things here when wondering why GTA5 still is $30 on Steam and WD2 is $30 already at places + $40.xx on Steam.

Watch Dogs 1 is a newer franchise, which likely has not even reached the level of GTA sales, brand-name & in recognition. GTA series has been around forever and pretty much also innovated this kind of style of game (3D crime-based open-world third-person action/shooter with vehicles).

If people are going to buy a game when it's expensive, the publishers + dev's probably figure "Why even drop the price that much?" Blizzard's games never drop that hard in price normally for a long time. Rockstar is getting away w/ it on GTA5, also. I mean, hell - GTA5 is right now #2 on the Top Sellers on Steam.

Do you really think Watch Dogs 2 would sell as well at $60, since it just came out? GTA is their main competition, basically. They (UbiSoft) basically have to drop the price to get people to buy it; especially after how people reacted to the original game: i.e. most were disappointed. WD2 is $40.xx on Steam and #4 on Steam right now - and Ubi games are usually way more expensive on Steam anyways; same w/ Rockstar's games. You can get GTA5 cheaper, if you go Non-Steam - GameBillet has it for around $23. You know, these guys (Rockstar + UbiSoft) will also have to give Valve a 33% cut and all if you're buying a Steam-version of their game via Steam.

I also doubt Watch Dogs 2's online portion is anywhere as huge as GTA5's very own separate GTA Online portion, also.

Also, while W3 has tons of content for the SP gamer - keep in mind, Witcher 3 doesn't even have Multiplayer here. Not that it needs it, anyways.

Also, I doubt CD Projekt will play the same kind of pricing shenanigans as a Rockstar + UbiSoft normally do. In terms of selling their TW3: GOTY in sales, it's been $30 for GOTY on GOG in a recent promo + right now is currently that price on Steam.

Yeah, I'm totally gonna sound bipolar here with how fast i'm doing a 180, but I think I get why it's 30 bucks now.  Had no idea about GTA online until I went and watched some of their update videos.  Man, that' s a lot of content.  Not sure I'd care one bit about doing stupid stunts and such, but some of those business empire/gang parts look interesting.

I just wish they had a 12 or 15 buck option that was just the SP game and then you could toss them another 10 or 15 if you cared about their online content.

There are like 20 games I feel like I've been waiting to drop price for like 4 sales now and it's just not happening. There are now a number of titles that have been consistently cheaper on console (I wound up buying DS3 and the season pass for like 40 bucks black friday after seeing the base game was 30 on steam). I have 80 bucks in my steam wallet and I'm debating just splurging for witcher 3 goty since it's probably gonna take me like 4 years to spend all this at this rate anyway
Same but I'm not budging. Fortunately I stopped putting money/going card crazy a while ago so I have like $8 on Steam. Grim Dawn should be at least 60% off by now. It's been bundled twice, right? Humble Monthlies seem to be the only decent deals around unfortunately it's a mystery box. Happy enough to wait it out and buy shit separately from the sewer thread.

Same but I'm not budging. Fortunately I stopped putting money/going card crazy a while ago so I have like $8 on Steam. Grim Dawn should be at least 60% off by now. It's been bundled twice, right? Humble Monthlies seem to be the only decent deals around unfortunately it's a mystery box. Happy enough to wait it out and buy shit separately from the sewer thread.
To me if you like the lead game in a humble monthly it's worth buying. YOu can sell the rest of the games in the cesspool for at least 4.50, which makes the lead game 7.50, which is pretty much a stellar price in a steam sale anyway at this point.

My only favorite remaining part of a Steam sale is viewing my friend activity and seeing what everyone has bought.

You know, since Valve has taken away any remaining trace of a fun sale.
I agree. I guess they figured out that they were trying too hard. Forget the discounts that are the exact same as just about every previous sale this year and take a look at the store page itself. It could almost be a weekend sale with the lack of fanfare they've put forth. One little rectangle (which is smaller than the splash they give select new releases) and some re-arranged rectangles below it. Booooo! :puke:

A major source of irritation within the sale is the Star Wars Complete the Bundle. One stupid fuck ing game in it is not on sale, jacking up the price of the entire bundle. (It's a rather lame title that still requires GFWL too). Booooo! :puke:

A major source of irritation within the sale is the Star Wars Complete the Bundle. One stupid fuck ing game in it is not on sale, jacking up the price of the entire bundle. (It's a rather lame title that still requires GFWL too). Booooo! :puke:
Yea that one game and to a lesser extent Starfighter not being on sale ruins the bundle. Kinda annoying but it isn't like I would have played the other games I don't own anyway.

I agree. I guess they figured out that they were trying too hard. Forget the discounts that are the exact same as just about every previous sale this year and take a look at the store page itself. It could almost be a weekend sale with the lack of fanfare they've put forth. One little rectangle (which is smaller than the splash they give select new releases) and some re-arranged rectangles below it. Booooo! :puke:

Bingo. They don't even bother doing cutesy art/themes, anymore. You can't even tell it's the Winter Sale if you didn't look at the prices.

Request time.

I've been playing Binding of Isaac A LOT recently. I like the replayability and the constant adding of items into the item pool.

What else could scratch that itch? I'm a big fan of continual unlocks.

Request time.

I've been playing Binding of Isaac A LOT recently. I like the replayability and the constant adding of items into the item pool.

What else could scratch that itch? I'm a big fan of continual unlocks.
I'd recommend some of the usual suspects like:

-Enter the Gungeon

-Rogue Legacy

-Nuclear Throne

And other similar games:

-Dungeon Souls

-A Wizard's Lizard

-Hero Siege

-Rampage Knights

-NeuroVoider

-Neon Chrome